Pats got what they wanted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pewee139. Show pewee139's posts

Pats got what they wanted

Heres an article in the NY Times on the players reactions to Bradys comment..looks like they took the bait just fine

(heres the full article)
    "FLORHAM PARK, N.J. – A day after Tom Brady said he wouldn’t watch the Jets on the HBO show “Hard Knocks,” saying, “I hate the Jets, I refuse to watch the show,” Jets players had a chance to respond.

Tight end Dustin Keller said Tuesday that he wasn’t disturbed in the least. Because the Jets and Patriots are in the same division with a natural rivalry, he said, comments like that aren’t particularly shocking to him or over the top.

“I know I hate any team you put on the field against us,” Keller said. “But when the game is over, there isn’t any more hate for me.”

Left guard Matt Slauson said: “We don’t really talk about other teams or focus on things like that. We have a focus – to win the Super Bowl and our focus isn’t to impress Tom Brady.”

It was one of the newest Jets who took the most exception to Brady’s comments.

Antonio Cromartie, who came to the Jets in an off-season trade from San Diego, said: “That’s just Tom Brady being Tom Brady. And I don’t give a damn about Tom Brady. We’re the Jets, and when the Jets play New England, we don’t need any extra motivation to play them or Tom Brady.”

The vocal leader of the Jets is Kris Jenkins, who said the team didn’t need added motivation after almost reaching the Super Bowl last season. Jenkins said, “We know all about this stuff – everyone is entitled to their own opinion and Tom Brady is entitled to his.” Jenkins refused to use the word “hate,” but he made it clear that the Jets don’t particularly like the Patriots.

Or their quarterback.

“At some point in time, we’re going to play them and we handle these things on the field,” Jenkins said. “When you’re going to be on the field, don’t be a crybaby and be Tom Brady, running to the referees and always complaining. Don’t be that. We don’t do that.”"

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Re: Pats got what they wanted

naw, Brady just dont like getting hit and looks to the refs instead of his oline.  I dont see the brady bunch being happy after playing the Jets in week 2.  He will be bruised and you will be lucky if he isnt damaged goods when all is said and done.  I told you to look out for big jenks.  You dont want to make him angry, you wont like him when he is angry.  as far as his injury, he is playing in the preseason so I would have to say that is a good sign.  I remember someone on this board saying that he wouldnt be back at the start of the season.  I need to keep better track of who said what for when I am handing out crow in a few weeks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

lol, looks like that comment got to you killa.  That is one of his peers that said he looks to the ref.  I think I saw it once or twice in our games but I get over it.  Jenks seems to remember things differently than you.

please...I never said i want the jets to injure the guy, just beat him down, get into his head, maybe around his knees.  90% of the game is half mental.  McRib is taking the easy way out this week.  He wants no part of the Jets defense.  Brady doesnt have a choice come week 2.  He is getting on that bus and headed to get his a zz whippin.  We going to beat on your team with whoever you put out there.  The past is just that, the past.   We will own the AFC EAST this year and I will ask you, where's your crown.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Two billion dollar organizations competing against each other on the field....one field general has three SB rings....the other field general has a three cent mind....I like our chances....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Left guard Matt Slauson said: “We don’t really talk about other teams or focus on things like that. We have a focus – to win the Super Bowl and our focus isn’t to impress Tom Brady.”

I couldn't stop laughing at this Paragraph. Does this F@#$king moron remember last year. I guess he doesn't listen to anything his coach says and nobody listens to Bart Scott.. CornerBacks that never shutup. It's a whole team of Blabber mouths.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to Re: Pats got what they wanted:
    [QUOTE]lol, looks like that comment got to you killa.  That is one of his peers that said he looks to the ref.  I think I saw it once or twice in our games but I get over it.  Jenks seems to remember things differently than you. please...I never said i want the jets to injure the guy, just beat him down, get into his head, maybe around his knees.  90% of the game is half mental.  McRib is taking the easy way out this week.  He wants no part of the Jets defense.  Brady doesnt have a choice come week 2.  He is getting on that bus and headed to get his a zz whippin.  We going to beat on your team with whoever you put out there.  The past is just that, the past.   We will own the AFC EAST this year and I will ask you, where's your crown.
    Posted by whodeawhodat[/QUOTE]

I was at the Jets game last year in Foxboro and the Jets lied down and showed their stomach that day I can tell you. There weren't enough stalls in the bathroom of the visitor's locker room that day. Guys were just looking around at all the urinals with that deer in headlight look on their faces. Where can we squat to pee in this place?

The Jets showed me absolutely nothing that game and Revis Island just did great playing about twenty yards off of Moss so Welker could eat up the underneath of the Jet defense. Plan on more of that this year. You know the most recent result of playing the Pats not 16 months ago the last time the Jets beat the Pats and there was exactly 60 miutes of game tape on the Sanchize. I think I like our chances of getting the NY fans to rip the Jets velcro logos off of their Giant's stadium the next time the Pats go in there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

LMAO, I went looking on you tube for some actual footage but all i found was rustytrombone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTpgppY1Fvc

As far as the actual plays he was looking to the ref during the games against the jets, I remember yelling at the tv for TB to stop crying and play ball on a couple of occasions.  I didnt keep the games recorded and even if I did, I wouldnt waste my time by trying to figure out how to upload video from my tv to the interwebs.   I did find some bs calls on roughing the passer on youtube and there seems to be a whole internet movement I was unaware of that thinks TB gets special treatment like if anyone touches his helmet or his leg or his back it is a roughing the passer penalty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats got what they wanted : I was at the Jets game last year in Foxboro and the Jets lied down and showed their stomach that day I can tell you. There weren't enough stalls in the bathroom of the visitor's locker room that day. Guys were just looking around at all the urinals with that deer in headlight look on their faces. Where can we squat to pee in this place? The Jets showed me absolutely nothing that game and Revis Island just did great playing about twenty yards off of Moss so Welker could eat up the underneath of the Jet defense. Plan on more of that this year. You know the most recent result of playing the Pats not 16 months ago the last time the Jets beat the Pats and there was exactly 60 miutes of game tape on the Sanchize. I think I like our chances of getting the NY fans to rip the Jets velcro logos off of their Giant's stadium the next time the Pats go in there.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron[/QUOTE]

They have stalls in Foxborough or troughs like fenway paaahhhk. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats got what they wanted : They have stalls in Foxborough or troughs like fenway paaahhhk. 

We have NJ women with names like Ratso come up here and hold buckets for the fans. I usually throw my coin tip in the bucket when I'm done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

You take your team, I'll take my team, and we will meet back after week 2 and compare notes.  I am done with the jibba jabba for today.  Couple more weeks till they start counting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Brady just dont like getting hit and looks to the refs instead of his oline.  I dont see the brady bunch being happy after playing the Jets in week 2.  He will be bruised and you will be lucky if he isnt damaged goods when all is said and done.  I told you to look out for big jenks.  You dont want to make him angry, you wont like him when he is angry." 

Did...?  In order to personally come off sounding tough & attempt to be the foretelling omen of impending doom, did....did- Did You just rip-off the cheezy Catch-Phrase from the syndicated 70's Tv series of The "INCREDIBLE HULK"?   

The guy wid' da hair helmet who turns into Lou Ferrigno (Don't even attempt ta come at us w/: The Hulk's Green, like The Jets...thus=Deliberate Intent...'cause I'll have a ROFLol heartattack on the spot);

Doctor Bruce Banner:  "Don't make me angry, you won't like me when I'm angry." 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"You take your team, I'll take my team, and we will meet back after week 2 and compare notes.  I am done with the jibba jabba for today.  Couple more weeks till they start counting."

Did...no; Just-uh-uh, couldn't of...  But, Was- I mean, DIDN'T "The A-Team's" Mr. T, used to say stuff like:  "Quit yoah Jibba-Jabba you cr#z-eh Fooh-l...'Or I'll turn ya inta Chicken Liva!"  So, I'm just...these are your linguistic references, Am I-...this is what your backing yourself with, correct?  We're just gonna go with the net worth of Mr. T & The Incredible Hulk, and bank on the world crumbling at our feet...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

You know, the beating Brady has taken over "lobbying" for calls last season is ridiculous.

First of all, that rule is now on the books and it's pretty clear: if you go low after the QB, even if unintentional, it's a penalty. So Brady was just lobbying for the rule to be enforced and to get an additional 15 yards for his team; any other QB would have done the same thing (this is not to say that I agree with such rules because I think the league goes overboard with that stuff).

Second, the man had just had his knee shredded on a similar hit just one year earlier, and he's naturally going to be wary of it happening again, because that would probably mean his career if it does. He wants to make sure that players who think about going low when they come in on him are going to cost their team 15 yards.

It's really crazy how much grief Brady has taken over that--Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Romo; they all would have done the same thing (and most of them have).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

glad I came back to check on this post.  got lazurface playing the role of grammar police and rustytrombone already backtracking on the impending week 2 loss.  I figured I would have to wait til after the week 2 loss to hear the reasons why you lost(or lose not sure if I should use past tense of lost, really dont care, oops I forgot the apostrophe on that word too).

good night ladies and lazurface, you can go choke on some caaahhk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from marvcook. Show marvcook's posts

[QUOTE]We will own the AFC EAST this year.

Good luck to the Jets as they pursue their third division title since the AFL-NFL merger. I hope they don't fold as easy as they did last time they played the Patriots. That was really boring to watch, and a bit sad.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Brady gets caught on camera one time looking to the ref for a flag and all of a sudden he is a p*ssy who does it all the time? yea ok Jenkins. Eat a d*ck.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

EVERY QB in the league does it....  the reason folks focus on Brady is the rule changes/tightening occurred after his injury.  Brady takes hits with the best of them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Yanks and Sox move over, Pats and Jets are taking over. 

The RedSox have been boring ever since they got rid of the idiots. After 2007, I couldn't stand watching Baseball anymore. Everyone was on roids. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Does "whodeawhodat" know anything about football?  It slings a lot of trash on here and nothing much else.  I don't think it can discuss football if there is no trash involved!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]lol, looks like that comment got to you killa.  That is one of his peers that said he looks to the ref.  I think I saw it once or twice in our games but I get over it.  Jenks seems to remember things differently than you. please...I never said i want the jets to injure the guy, just beat him down, get into his head, maybe around his knees.  90% of the game is half mental.  McRib is taking the easy way out this week.  He wants no part of the Jets defense.  Brady doesnt have a choice come week 2.  He is getting on that bus and headed to get his a zz whippin.  We going to beat on your team with whoever you put out there.  The past is just that, the past.   We will own the AFC EAST this year and I will ask you, where's your crown.
    Posted by whodeawhodat[/QUOTE] After the 6th week and the Jets still haven't won a game what will you be saying then? the refs cheated you out of every game? Listen dude I don't know you, but the Jets were given a spot in the playoffs by the colts pulling their first unit in a game that wasn't secured. Believe whatever kool aid color you want but the AFC east goes through New England and just so you know I live in Miami,and even I know that much.
     You can project as much testosterone as you want because all the vitriol in the world isn't going to change the landscape of the AFC east,the Jests won't win 7 games this season,unless they receive preferential calls from the officials.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I don't see the Jests winning against us week 2. Why? Because we have more weapons on offense then we did last year. Remember week 11? We stomped on the Jests, 31-14 and that was without our new TE's and improved receiving corp. This year, add Gronk, Hernandez, Tate and Edelman to the game and we are going to see old fashion Jests spanking. Remember how Welker abused that #1 ranked defense? 15 catches for 192 yards, a decent performance wouldn't you say?

No disrespect, its just that I don't see us losing, no way. Last years D dismantled Sanchez, he had 5 or 6 turnovers in that game. This years defense looks much improved so I expect much of the same. Switching LT for Thomas Jones is going to haunt them for this entire season and dumping Faneca was a mistake. Holmes won't be present for this matchup so he is a non factor.

So, please explain to me how the Jests have even the slightest chance of defeating the New England Patriots week 2?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

U guys better hope our D and our O Line hold up this yr. or we'll B the laughing stocks this yr.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

In Response to Pats got what they wanted:
    [QUOTE]Heres an article in the NY Times on the players reactions to Bradys comment..looks like they took the bait just fine http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/24/jets-players-react-to-bradys-comment/#more-49627 (heres the full article) " FLORHAM PARK, N.J. – A day after Tom Brady said he wouldn’t watch the Jets on the HBO show “Hard Knocks,” saying, “I hate the Jets, I refuse to watch the show,” Jets players had a chance to respond. Tight end Dustin Keller said Tuesday that he wasn’t disturbed in the least. Because the Jets and Patriots are in the same division with a natural rivalry, he said, comments like that aren’t particularly shocking to him or over the top. “I know I hate any team you put on the field against us,” Keller said. “But when the game is over, there isn’t any more hate for me.” Left guard Matt Slauson said: “We don’t really talk about other teams or focus on things like that. We have a focus – to win the Super Bowl and our focus isn’t to impress Tom Brady.” It was one of the newest Jets who took the most exception to Brady’s comments. Antonio Cromartie, who came to the Jets in an off-season trade from San Diego, said: “That’s just Tom Brady being Tom Brady. And I don’t give a damn about Tom Brady. We’re the Jets, and when the Jets play New England, we don’t need any extra motivation to play them or Tom Brady.” The vocal leader of the Jets is Kris Jenkins, who said the team didn’t need added motivation after almost reaching the Super Bowl last season. Jenkins said, “We know all about this stuff – everyone is entitled to their own opinion and Tom Brady is entitled to his.” Jenkins refused to use the word “hate,” but he made it clear that the Jets don’t particularly like the Patriots. Or their quarterback. “At some point in time, we’re going to play them and we handle these things on the field,” Jenkins said. “When you’re going to be on the field, don’t be a crybaby and be Tom Brady, running to the referees and always complaining. Don’t be that. We don’t do that.”"
    Posted by pewee139[/QUOTE]

“When you’re going to be on the field, don’t be a crybaby and be Tom Brady, running to the referees and always complaining. Don’t be that. We don’t do that.”"
    No - but your coach does!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

First point is there are NO puzzies in the NFL. I would say to anyone that thinks so, try standing on a defensive line or O-line for that matter and then block or tackle a 350lb man. Or get gang tackled by them. Puzzies they are not. And as for Brady being one, it doesnt matter if Im a New England fan or not, to stand in the pocket like he does and just duck and dodge players as he does I would call him anything but. You people run your mouths in here as if you were in the trenches of these games and most of you would cry like babies after you got your first head slap or throw down tackle. Oh and not to mention you would be puking your guts out after the first 3 plays because your all so much football players. Now shut up, sit on the couch with your liqued courage and watch the games like the good little girls you are. Try leaving the real men to play the game. Oh and if your good little girls you might even get to yell at the television a few times, but thats it! Yell

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"You take your team, I'll take my team, and we will meet back after week 2 and compare notes."

Let's hope Sanchez lives up to what Jets fans wish he was. Otherwise you won't enjoy trolling here as much as you do now.

Sections
Shortcuts