Pats have 2nd best scoring margin in NFL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

Pats have 2nd best scoring margin in NFL

The team now has the 2nd best scoring margin in the NFL to the Saints.  400 points for and 251 points against (3rd best defense in the league-just right behind the Jets and Cows).  This is even better than the Chargers.  This team is coming together.  Am I ever ready for the snow at the Razor and the playoff game.  Bring whoever on. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Re: Pats have 2nd best scoring margin in NFL

Means absolutely squat in the playoffs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

To bad that didn't help us score 2nd half points in Miami or make a stand in Indy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It's good, this team can be dominant and probably still is.  Considering the Pats have faced the best defenses and offenses this year and still maintained that is impressive.  This team has not been at thier best and are playing better, but even not playing thier best they are better than almost every other team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Even more impressive is this is done in halves, we know a lot of games the Pats have scored 7 or less points in the second half of games.  Imagine if we would have scored for all 60 minutes.  This is something that's coming together now and going into the playoffs, if that is the trend the Pats will be the team to beat.

Pats over Chargers for the AFC 38 27

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

The Pats Team i saw on Sunday had a totally different "feel" than we have seen all year.  I agree that Stats do not really win games, but I saw a team with a purpose on Sunday clicking in all areas. 

Hopefully they are peaking at the right time going into the Playoffs.... 

While some will say the Jags, were not top teir competition, they still dominated a team that was clearly in the playoff hunt and also a team that took Indy to the wire, the previous week. 

For the first time all year, I saw a team that spread the ball around on offense and were gang tackling on defence.  They held one of the best RB's in the league to minimal yards.  This excites me more than the +/- points etc, etc which really will have no impact on next week or the playoffs....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Pats have 2nd best scoring margin in NFL:
    ...For the first time all year, I saw a team that spread the ball around on offense and were gang tackling on defence.  They held one of the best RB's in the league to minimal yards.  This excites me more than the +/- points etc, etc which really will have no impact on next week or the playoffs....
    Posted by SmokingJoe

Completely agree.  What impressed me wasn't simply that they executed well, it was their style of play.  I thought I was watching the 2003-2004 Pats.  I want to see them play that way in Houston Sunday.  They need to prove they can string together a couple games like that.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Lately the Patriots have the best scoring margin bar none.  I give 'lately' a bit more weight than I give the first games of the season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

K-max, is that you under the house? It has been pointed out on an earlier post that if you are a Pats fan you are the most negative one we have on this board. I am beginning to think maybe you are just a troll. Cheer up dude the Pats are in post season play.

Go Pats!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

This Stat is meaningless, unless you look at the strength of competition as well....

What is their point differential against teams that are still in the playoff hunt?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

posted at 12/29/2009 12:09 PM EST
    First: 11/15/2007
    Last: 12/29/2009
    K-max, is that you under the house? It has been pointed out on an earlier post that if you are a Pats fan you are the most negative one we have on this board. I am beginning to think maybe you are just a troll. Cheer up dude the Pats are in post season play.

I'm just taking a shot at the whole stat thing and how their meaningless (stats don't win games thus pointing out 2 of our L's). 

Like a great coach once said "Stats are for losers" and I wasn't going to call the thread starter a loser.  In case you haven't noticed over the last few years I sometimes like to play Devil's advocate just to get the discussion going.

Sections
Shortcuts