Pats have interest in Yeremiah Bell...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Pats have interest in Yeremiah Bell...

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4720145/sun-sentinel-pats-bell

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/patriots-talk/Report-Patriots-interested-in-FA-Yeremia?blockID=684078&feedID=3352

The guy is very durable and tackles well and although it couldn't hurt to sign him at some point I don't think this helps at all with our range problem in center field..

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Pats have interest in Yeremiah Bell...

Id like to see the pats bring in bell and the newly released Chris Crocker. Both The same type of player but it cant hurt having a bunch of S cosidering we went through S Like crazy last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think this would be the typical over draft weekend type of player/signing. So and so needs a safety - yet doesn't land the guy they want in the draft - so and so team signs an available stop gap cheap free agent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i really hope we bring him in! it would be a great vet signing to have an experienced guy in our secondary with the youth we have in our secondary right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

YES!

I have been asking for this for weeks, please get him.

He is not a ballhawk/CF safety... but he will wrap you up, lay the wood, bring some leadership. He can play a lot alongside Chung, also be a good backup SS, and make guys like Gregory, Moore (and even McCourty) be the speedier ballhawk FS/Nickel/dime types. 

Bell is like a slighty better Sanders who we missed a lot last year, and will be much better than the '11 Ihedigbo, although after a year in our system Bell really wouldn't be that much better than Iggy in '12 considering he's young and improving and Bell declining... but I'd like Yeremiah's veteran voice and likely he is real hungry for playoff success.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Sorry, but Bell hasn't been any good lately.  If BB wanted bad safeties he could look toward the bottom of his own roster. 

BB already has signed a Dolphin to dish the dirt on the team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I think we might see Bell signed over draft weekend, especially if we don't come up with a Safety.  While we certainly need a ballhawking FS, we also need some depth at SS behing Chung.  After all, he hasn't always been healthy, and we don't have anyone on the roster who can really back him up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Pats have interest in Yeremiah Bell...:
    [QUOTE]YES! I have been asking for this for weeks, please get him. He is not a ballhawk/CF safety... but he will wrap you up, lay the wood, bring some leadership. He can play a lot alongside Chung, also be a good backup SS, and make guys like Gregory, Moore (and even McCourty) be the speedier ballhawk FS/Nickel/dime types.  Bell is like a slighty better Sanders who we missed a lot last year, and will be much better than the '11 Ihedigbo, although after a year in our system Bell really wouldn't be that much better than Iggy in '12 considering he's young and improving and Bell declining... but I'd like Yeremiah's veteran voice and likely he is real hungry for playoff success.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

^ This.  Also- No, forget it...rameakap pretty much spoke the gospel here on this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lloydchristmas. Show lloydchristmas's posts

There are a few teams interested in Bell, and he will probably wait until after the draft and sign with one who does not draft a safety high in the draft. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Would be a good move. We'd have three solid safeties, and BB could concentrate on getting a couple solid CBs and D-line in the draft.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

So do you think NE will pick up either Forte or Bell? or is it all rumors

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]YES! I have been asking for this for weeks, please get him. He is not a ballhawk/CF safety... but he will wrap you up, lay the wood, bring some leadership. He can play a lot alongside Chung, also be a good backup SS, and make guys like Gregory, Moore (and even McCourty) be the speedier ballhawk FS/Nickel/dime types.  Bell is like a slighty better Sanders who we missed a lot last year, and will be much better than the '11 Ihedigbo, although after a year in our system Bell really wouldn't be that much better than Iggy in '12 considering he's young and improving and Bell declining... but I'd like Yeremiah's veteran voice and likely he is real hungry for playoff success.

I've always thought he was underrated, would like to see the Patriots sign him regardless of draft situation since everything is subpackage now anyways so there will be playing time for 3 or 4 safeties depending on whether there's a pass-catching TE or a spread offense where a safety can cover in space but still help in the box, etc

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

As a backup to Chung I'd be all for it. Bell would be a good addition because he hits hard enough and knows how to wrap up and make the tackle and here's the but, I wouldn't want to use either Chung or Bell in the FS spot. Bell has been having trouble covering players for a couple of years now. He can't keep up with the quicker and bigger TE's and slot guys anymore. So if, as you suggested, use McCourty, Moore, or Gregory as quicker coverage FS's or draft a Trumaine, Iloka, or other CB- />FS convert I'd be all for it. But, if the idea is to sign him as a starter and move either him or Chung over to FS well I don't think that would work

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats have interest in Yeremiah Bell... : ^ This.  Also- No, forget it... rameakap pretty much spoke the gospel here on this.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Thanks Laz

To those who say Bell hasn't been good lately... watch the film and check the stats... he is old but productive and just as good or better than Sanders/Ihegdibo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Hes good enough to cover most TE's in the league and he still makes tackles all over the field. He tackles, hes physical, hes a veteran, hes a leader, he would make the team better.

But your all missing the most important point..... Chung doesnt stay healthy!! Bell will play aside Chung in some packages, in run situation and vs Tebow. But it would be nice to know that if Chung went down you wouldnt see Matt Slater playing safety again.