PATS Have ( Supposedly ) Just Signed...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

PATS Have ( Supposedly ) Just Signed...

The Pats have reportedly just signed Akron's OT Corey Woods , Cal's WR Jeremy Ross , Iowa LB Jeff Tarpinian , and

NEPatsDraft also reporting Tarkanian has signed as well as Rutgers DE Alex Silvestro
    ( thanx for heads up Titletown )

Anybody else heard anything ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: PATS Have ( Supposedly ) Just Signed...

Alex Silvestro (DE, Rutgers)
    Jeff Tarpinian (LB, Iowa)

Via NEpatsdraft.  Tarpinian might be a player...good ST potential, Tracy White type role.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Here's a link to the NEPatriotsDraft.com sight

Continually updates all the signings from around the NFL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Patriots
    Corey Woods (OT, Akron)
    Jeremy Ross (WR/KR, Cal)
    Kyle Hix (OT, Texas)
    Mike Berry (OL, Auburn)

That's it so far...

Ya NEPatriotsDraft is killing it on the UDFA front right now...

Definitely the guy(s) to follow...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

HERZLICH!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Ross sounds like Tate and Price all over again. Ridiculously raw prosepect with great measurables. It looks like Bill is hoping to get low gradeed WRs and teach them to do the job.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

These siginings are all over the net and not a thing on boston.com.   Seriously is there any worse place for Pats coverage at this time?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Re: PATS Have ( Supposedly ) Just Signed...:
    HERZLICH!
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

You do know his agent is Condon, I don't think Belechick will do business with him especially on a guy who's health is questionable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I read that Herzlich went to the Ravens.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I was watching some of Ross's highlight films and not sure what to make of him. It looked like he had a sandbag in his pants most of the time. His game speed is much slower then his 40 time would indicate.

He can take a hit I can say that. He is well built but not a very tall WR (5'11" closer to the 6' side). To me he looks like a slot receiver. Almost like a slightly bigger version of edelman

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Here is an updated list this morning.....

Last Updated: July 26th – 7:42am

These are the Undrafted Free Agents that have reportedly (unofficial) been signed by the following NFL Teams.

Patriots (Patriots UDFA Signings Post)
    Corey Woods (OT, Akron)
    Jeremy Ross (WR/KR, Cal)
    Kyle Hix (OT, Texas)
    Mike Berry (OL, Auburn)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hix is interesting.

A 6'7" 320lb OT he's got the size and lengthy frame but he needs a ton of work. He's an interesting project that could become a realible big body backup down the road.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm really curious to wth Jax is doing.

They are 31.5mil under the cap which means they are way under the floor, yet they are filling up their roster with UDFA's. Appearently they have signed 16 UDFA's. This is an interesting stratagy to meet the cap floor. Lets see if it pans out for them

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I was watching some of Ross's highlight films and not sure what to make of him. It looked like he had a sandbag in his pants most of the time. His game speed is much slower then his 40 time would indicate. He can take a hit I can say that. He is well built but not a very tall WR (5'11" closer to the 6' side). To me he looks like a slot receiver. Almost like a slightly bigger version of edelman
    Posted by PatsEng

He looked plenty fast to me with the ball in his hands. I think that knock has to do with how well he creates separation. The fastest WR in the world will get beat every time by a slower corner if he isn't sharp in the stem. We see this with Tate now ... he doesn't create separation with a fraction of the ease that he avoids people with the ball in his hand. Two separate skills. Speed in your route, however, is coachable. Actual speed? Not so much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanVA33. Show PatsFanVA33's posts

The Hix sigining will be interesting, as an OT, primarily on the right side he played in 51 games/started 38 in his career at Texas.  He's approximately the same size as Solder, just not quite as fast with pretty decent feet for his size.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think we'll see a flurry of signings today and through the end of the week. I'm not particulary high on any of those UDFA signings. do we really think they are going to beat out anyone we have on the roster at their positions? I mainly see them as camp competition and the Pats sniffing around to see if they might be able to add some depth.

Of all the signings so far, I like Tarpinian the best. I think he could contribute immediately on ST's, possibly save the Pats so dough by replacing TWhite.

Silvestro although a DE, is roughly the same size as Cunningham. Could he be depth at the OLB spot until TBC returns or just provide some camp competition?

2 spots I am keen on watching this week...OLB and OL. Who thinks they will pick up a OLB or OL FA? Any notable mentions? I personally think BB might try Fletcher at OLB. He's been beefing up in the offseason and he might have the bulk now to be more of a force setting the edge. Any takers?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: PATS Have ( Supposedly ) Just Signed... : He looked plenty fast to me with the ball in his hands. I think that knock has to do with how well he creates separation. The fastest WR in the world will get beat every time by a slower corner if he isn't sharp in the stem. We see this with Tate now ... he doesn't create separation with a fraction of the ease that he avoids people with the ball in his hand. Two separate skills. Speed in your route, however, is coachable. Actual speed? Not so much.
    Posted by zbellino

That's the whole sandbag in pants comment meant. I guess I'm not very good at turning a phrase. What I meant was that once he's up to speed he's fast (you can see this when he breaks away) however, it takes him time to get up to speed and when he's making cuts, about to make a cut, turning a corner, or changing direction he slows down then it takes him time to get back up to speed (I guess the best way to put it is that he lacks that fluid explosive gear). The most glaring thing was watching DL catching up or running pace with him as he's trying to turn a corner or changing direction in a route.

That can be improved and coached up but only to a point. Some people just don't have quick feet or fluid hips and might never improve those quick twitch actions. This is why I put him in the slot receiver category because he only needs to make 1 or 2 moves and because of his size he can take a hit in the middle while maintaining the catch.

He has the build and appears to be able to take the hit to become a good check down option but watching his feet and hips I just don't see him creating any separation from #1 or #2 CB's. #3 CB's and LB's I can see him just out muscling them. He is not a WR that's going to be bumped at the line.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

BB loves Lacrosse!

will sign Maryland TE Will Yeatman - could be an OT conversion as well.  Belichick got his lacrosse player in Yeatman (NE Patriots Draft)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Will Yeatman?....he's too small to play OL. I don't get how he could be a conversion guy unless he puts on 30 lbs. he played around 270 or so and is very slow for a TE, clocking in around 5.2 or something like that. To me he doesn't fit anywhere at the moment.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Hix is interesting. A 6'7" 320lb OT he's got the size and lengthy frame but he needs a ton of work. He's an interesting project that could become a realible big body backup down the road.
    Posted by PatsEng

Agreed here eng~  Kyle Hix along with Corey Woods are the 2 prospects that, although aren't a glamorous position, Are the 2 prospects who both look the part, & from bios, might be good UDFA sign-ups...  Resta the guys I'm not too impressed w/ either (from films and bios).  But these 2 are nice signs...

Height: 6-7
    Weight: 319
    40: 5.44
    Year: 5Sr

Kyle Hix

School: Texas
    Position: T
    Bio: Three-year starter who manned the left tackle position as a senior after holding down the right tackle spot as a sophomore and junior.
    Positive: Massive offensive lineman who is best as a position blocker. Sets with a wide base, keeps his feet moving, and is strong at the point. Gets movement run blocking and drives defenders off the line. Fights with his hands, works to bend his knees, and seals opponents from the action. Effectively works with teammates.
    Negative: Lacks overall balance and agility and is not a natural knee bender. Not light on his feet or effective in motion. Lacks the ability to slide out laterally and does not show good blocking range.
    Analysis: Hix is a strong offensive tackle who is best on the right side and should develop into a reserve in the NFL.

Height: 6-4.5
    Weight: 297
    40: 5.15
    Year: 5Sr

Corey Woods

School: Akron
    Position: G
    Bio: Four-year starter at Akron who E(TM)s been used at both left and right tackle.
    Positive: Durable and productive college blocker with minimal upside for the next level. Displays a strong base, keeps his feet moving, and controls defenders once engaged at the point. Patient in pass protection, stays square, and is a solid position blocker who seals defenders from the action. Jolts defenders at the point of attack and blocks with a nasty attitude.
    Negative: Lacks footwork sliding out to protect the edge and is exploited by speed rushers. Struggles to adjust and is stiff.
    Analysis: Woods has done terrific job since stepping on the field as a freshman at Akron, but he has minimal upside for the next level. Possessing guard size, he lacks the footwork to be used on the blind side and the pure run blocking strength to play on the strong side. The versatility to be used at several offensive line positions will give him a chance to make a roster as an inexpensive backup.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Here are the top 20 undrafted free agents who will be snatched up in short order:

19. Kyle Hix OT, Texas: 

Long arms, very strong. Doesn't have good enough feet to play LT but could be good on right side.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chung25. Show chung25's posts

SILVESTRO, Alex 
    GP
     Solo
     AST
     Tot
      TFL- 
    Yards
      Sacks 
       Yards

Not bad

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Now that Rookie FA's are arriving ...I wonder if the Pats start trading any Vets ?
    ( I heard they just cut DB Tony Carter )

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Now that Rookie FA's are arriving ...I wonder if the Pats start trading any Vets ? ( I heard they just cut DB Tony Carter )
    Posted by CaptFoxboro

I hope they release Matthew Slater...so one dimensional (special teams)!  I am sure with all of the draftees and UDFA's they can find somebody to replace him and provide more

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

These new guys are all JAGs at this point and so I don't really care today.  They might as well have signed Pee Wee Herman.  Let's see at least one of them make the team.

Get the draft picks into camp!  Ridley and Vereen are worth more than all the undrafted rookies combined.

Sections
Shortcuts