PATS Have ( Supposedly ) Just Signed...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: PATS Have ( Supposedly ) Just Signed...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: PATS Have ( Supposedly ) Just Signed...:
    [QUOTE]BB loves Lacrosse! Patriots  will sign Maryland TE Will Yeatman - could be an OT conversion as well.   Belichick got his lacrosse player in Yeatman ( NE Patriots Draft)  
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

He was also a former player under Charlie Weiss at ND, but was suspended in 2008 after being arrested for "underage drinking, false informing and resisting arrest at an off-campus party" and subsequently transferred to Maryland.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS Have ( Supposedly ) Just Signed... : He was also a former player under Charlie Weiss at ND, but was suspended in 2008 after being arrested for "underage drinking, false informing and resisting arrest at an off-campus party" and subsequently transferred to Maryland.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Assuming.... he will probably have some if not alot of knowledge of the Patriots system

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

mbeaulieu -

You appear to be the draft guru on the board.  Curious what your assessment might be of these pick ups for the colts: 
    •  
      • Rutgers S Joe Lefeged
      • TCU C Jake Kirkpatrick
      • Nebraska TE/HB Mike McNeill
      • Penn State LB Chris Colasanti
      • Wisconsin QB Scott Tolzien (We think this is official now)
      • Maryland LB Adrian Moten
      • Virginia Tech RB Darren Evans (from Warren Central H.S. in Indy)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]These new guys are all JAGs at this point and so I don't really care today.  They might as well have signed Pee Wee Herman.  Let's see at least one of them make the team. Get the draft picks into camp!  Ridley and Vereen are worth more than all the undrafted rookies combined.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Players who went undrafted on the Pats:

Woodhead, BJGE, Welker, Moore, Connolly, Love, Arrington, Katula, Hoyer, Wendell, LeVoir, Guyton, White, Fletcher, Brown

I would say that most UDFA's are JAGS but looking at that list there are also gems in there that have started for a SB caliber team. UDFA's can and have made a difference so it's fun to find out about them

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]These new guys are all JAGs at this point and so I don't really care today.  They might as well have signed Pee Wee Herman.  Let's see at least one of them make the team. Get the draft picks into camp!  Ridley and Vereen are worth more than all the undrafted rookies combined.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Wes Welker, James Harrison, and Matt Cassel were all "Just A Guy" at one point, while Laurence Maroney and Chad Jackson were stud "can't miss" draft picks.

One never knows.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from War-Eagle. Show War-Eagle's posts

[QUOTE]By Gil Brandt  NFL.com Senior Analyst Here are the top 20 undrafted free agents who will be snatched up in short order: 19.  Kyle Hix  OT, Texas:   Long arms, very strong. Doesn't have good enough feet to play LT but could be good on right side .
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

" Doesn't have good enough feet " explains why the jets didn't pick him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

When Arien Foster , the NFLs 2010 rushing leader  , joined the Texans a few years back he was just a JAG too ...

That said , I admittedly have no idea who these recent Pats aquisitions are.

mbeaulieu07 to the rescue please ...

WHO ARE THESE JAGS ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]mbeaulieu - You appear to be the draft guru on the board.  Curious what your assessment might be of these pick ups for the colts:    Rutgers S Joe Lefeged TCU C Jake Kirkpatrick Nebraska TE/HB Mike McNeill Penn State LB Chris Colasanti Wisconsin QB Scott Tolzien (We think this is official now) Maryland LB Adrian Moten Virginia Tech RB Darren Evans (from Warren Central H.S. in Indy)
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

UD,
    Looks like a solid group of UDFA's for Indy.

I've seen Lefeged listed as the #1 overall UDFA.

Kirkpatrick won the 2011 Rimington Award as the nation's top center.  He was also a finalist for the Lombardi Award which is given to the nation's top lineman. He's a smart, tough, high motor kid that could be the eventual successor to Saturday. 

Tolzien is a smaller QB, but is smart, prepared, accurate and can manage an offense.

Evans is a kid that I liked a lot on draft weekend.  Good size/power combo, loves contact.  Limited speed/quicks, but should at the very least be a good short yardage back with the ability for more if he continues to improve from a knee injury that cost him his sophmore season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS Have ( Supposedly ) Just Signed... : Assuming.... he  will  probably have some if not alot of knowledge of the Patriots system
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I'd say some, but likely very, very limited.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS Have ( Supposedly ) Just Signed... : UD, Looks like a solid group of UDFA's for Indy. I've seen Lefeged listed as the #1 overall UDFA. Kirkpatrick won the 2011 Rimington Award as the nation's top center.  He was also a finalist for the Lombardi Award which is given to the nation's top lineman. He's a smart, tough, high motor kid that could be the eventual successor to Saturday.  Tolzien is a smaller QB, but is smart, prepared, accurate and can manage an offense. Evans is a kid that I liked a lot on draft weekend.  Good size/power combo, loves contact.  Limited speed/quicks, but should at the very least be a good short yardage back with the ability for more if he continues to improve from a knee injury that cost him his sophmore season.
    Thanks.  Evans is a kid I know, because he's local.  His signing is a positive because the locals love to see a local kid on their team. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]  When Arien Foster , the NFLs 2010 rushing leader  , joined the Texans a few years back he was just a JAG too ...  That said , I admittedly have no idea who these recent Pats aquisitions are. mbeaulieu07 to the rescue please ... WHO ARE THESE JAGS ?
    Posted by CaptFoxboro[/QUOTE]

Cap,
    BB & NC, look to have followed their standard model of signing little known/off the radar kids that fit their height/weight/speed/motor profile etc.

On the surface, there are no big names on the list, but I'll be intersted to see if any of these kids can stick.  Their recent history with UDFA's shows that you might see a kid or two from this list catch on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS Have ( Supposedly ) Just Signed... : Thanks.  Evans is a kid I know, because he's local.  His signing is a positive because the locals love to see a local kid on their team. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Welcome.  I also see that Tolzien signed with the Chargers, however another tough RB, Chad Spann, has signed with Indy.  He's a small kid (5-9 198), but runs with toughness, can pick up YAC and can find the endzone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]I read that Herzlich went to the Ravens.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Giants just signed him

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Tom Coughlin has an inside track on all of the UDFA's from B.C., so it's no surprise that Herzalich went to NYG.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS Have ( Supposedly ) Just Signed... : Welcome.  I also see that Tolzien signed with the Chargers, however another tough RB, Chad Spann, has signed with Indy.  He's a small kid (5-9 198), but run's with toughness, can pick up YAC and can find the endzone.

Yeah, I saw that.

Apparently the colts have picked up Nate Davis (former Ball St QB that was with SF) who will take the place of Painter.  They still need a 3rd if they release painter, however.  

As for Spann, I know him as well, since he came out of my HS.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Christopher Price 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Thats puts us over the top, were going 2 the Super Blow...

Sections
Shortcuts