Pats Have to WIN THIS YEAR.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Pats Have to WIN THIS YEAR.

I THINK THE PATS HAVE TO TURN IT AROUND AND WIN THIS YEAR.  THEIR WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY IS CLOSING, IF IT HAS NOT ALREADY.  They have not won a SB for 5 years now and the core of those teams is gone. Tom Brady has a few good years left but if they do not fill their needs this year, it may be too late by the time they do.  It seems as if it happened all of a sudden the last 2 years that they have holes at a lot of different positions, but the aging of players and loss of certain free agents, along with the release of key defensive players all contributed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Pats Have to WIN THIS YEAR.

As long as we have BB and Brady we have a window.  The extra high draft picks for this and next year should assist in opening that window a little wider.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

I could see this being BB's last year if the Pats really tank but it would have to be for reasons such as poor free agency moves and another poor draft. If BB is responsible I COULD see Kraft letting him go. Most coaches in this league are either fired or "encouraged" to leave. Very rare that a coach stays forever..contrary to alot of posters on this board who think the sun rises and sets over BB and that he'll coach here until 2025!
    I've said this many times before. This regime is nearing it's shelf life. I agree though. Thsi year is pivitol.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Interesting thread...

First I am not concerned with BB leaving... he will be here at least as long as Brady is the QB and I see him wanting to build a championship team with another QB and that would set him apart from the other superbowl champion coaches even more if he is successful.

Second, my only concern is the labor unrest on the stability of our roster... Kraft is not going to sign anyone long term unless they get the deal they know won't come back to haunt them after there is a new CBA.

Third, I see there are a few holes but they have the opportunity to fill them over the next two years especially with the high draft picks. So I don't see this as a make or break season though 2011 could mess it up if it is a lockout year but I just can't see both the players and owners screwing up the best professional sport when it comes to income and fanbase. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Pats Have to WIN THIS YEAR.:
    I THINK THE PATS HAVE TO TURN IT AROUND AND WIN THIS YEAR.  THEIR WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY IS CLOSING, IF IT HAS NOT ALREADY.  They have not won a SB for 5 years now and the core of those teams is gone. Tom Brady has a few good years left but if they do not fill their needs this year, it may be too late by the time they do.  It seems as if it happened all of a sudden the last 2 years that they have holes at a lot of different positions, but the aging of players and loss of certain free agents, along with the release of key defensive players all contributed.
    Posted by boomerst3

Instant success in this league is rare. So are dynasties.

We'll be an upper echelon team as long as tommy is  patriot which translates to 5 or 6 more years. We're being put into a  position of having to reload big time this year largely due to failures of past drafts. Brace, wheatley, o'connell, maroney, david thomas, tate, chung, kazur and ellis hobbs were all 1st -3rd round picks They should be the young foundation of the 2009 team, but instead they've been big disappointments, that have contributed nothing to this point. yes, maybe there's still hope for the class of 2009, but not much, IMO. 

It'll take more than one year to get back to a legitimate SB contending team. Assuming our first 4-5 picks this year and next become become productive starters and 3-4 become actual playmakers (like bruski, harrison, rodney, asante, willi and vrabel), we'll be right back in the mix in 2012.

If all our 2010 picks are productive, we'll be in the playoffs next year, maybe even win a game or two but it'll take two more good drafts to be in SB contention again, IMO.