Pats have urgent needs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

Pats have urgent needs

After watching the Pats-Skins game along with the rest of the pre-season it is fair to say:
    Kevin O'connell stinks!
    Walter needs more evaluation
    Maroney will NEVER be more than a second string back
    Fred Taylor is their best RB
    The Pats need some help at corner
    Ingram is the new long snapper
    Galloway will probably be cut

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Re: Pats have urgent needs

In Response to Pats have urgent needs:
    After watching the Pats-Skins game along with the rest of the pre-season it is fair to say: Kevin O'connell stinks! Walter needs more evaluation Maroney will NEVER be more than a second string back Fred Taylor is their best RB The Pats need some help at corner Ingram is the new long snapper Galloway will probably be cut
    Posted by viewer222

I don't know that Galloway will be cut, but I was surprised that the only WR Brady was connecting with was Moss.  I suppose that when Welker plays things will be different, but I thought Lewis or Galloway would show something...

I thought your corners did not look good.  Early on I remember Wilhite being unable to tackle (that big Redskin receiver made him look silly), and Butler got toasted pretty consistently.  Wilhite did come back and teach a nice lesson to Brennan about that sideline pass near the end-zone.  Bodden gave up some catches, but he looked a little better than I expected (but I've never been a fan).  A pretty mediocre performance by the secondary, though...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Kevin O'connell stinks!
    Walter needs more evaluation
    Maroney will NEVER be more than a second string back
    Fred Taylor is their best RB
    The Pats need some help at corner
    Ingram is the new long snapper
    Galloway will probably be cut

O'connell does stink. He made really bad decision when he threw some passes. Both picks were thrown into double coverage. 
    Maroney tried but I don't think he was worthy of the 1st round pick. 
    We all knew that Freddy was the best back on the team, but I think Morris is the actual number 2.      
    The Pats secondary didn't really look all that bad to me. Besides that huge play that the Defense gave up to Cooley and the pass that Moss beat Bodden down the field the D looked good. They stoped the run and they constantly had pressure on Jason Campbell. 
    Good News for Ingram.
    I don't thing Belichick will cut Galloway. He didn't look bad to me. Most of the passes he had thrown his way were bad passes by Brady. 

The problems I saw were the Pats' back-up LBs. Lennon for some reason thought this was Super Mario. Bros and decided to do a Mario jump. Bruschi looked like a child out there, people kept saying it was a zone coverage but the safeties and CBs were playing man. Someone botched the play and it didn't look like it was the secondary. Cooley was the only guy open. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

it was an all out pass rush,and then the quick toss to cooley,by the time teddy tried to get back it was to late.but what do you exspect from a veteran trying to do everything for the 2nd,and third string learners?if bodden had timed his jump a little sooner he would have had a pick on moss.the secondary was vanilla,with the one nice pick by wilhite.not much of a pass rush after the first four series,but they managed to stop the run.the back-up QB position could be a concern.I know its only pre-season,and we are not gonna see the pats actual scheme,s,and game plans,but we are at least seeing the fundamentals of the game from these players,and there is work that needs to be done.missed tackleing,lack of being physical,and blown coverages.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Pats have urgent needs:
    it was an all out pass rush,and then the quick toss to cooley,by the time teddy tried to get back it was to late.but what do you exspect from a veteran trying to do everything for the 2nd,and third string learners?if bodden had timed his jump a little sooner he would have had a pick on moss.the secondary was vanilla,with the one nice pick by wilhite.not much of a pass rush after the first four series,but they managed to stop the run.the back-up QB position could be a concern.
    Posted by mosseffect43

It didn't look that way to me. Cooley just ran behind Bruschi and for some reason Bruschi didn't check to see how deep the safeties were and how far Cooley had gone. The secondary had the WRs covered well on that play. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Galloway I thought looked better against the Skins and looks like he has made nice progress I thought. Maroney looked better also, picking up a few nice runs. Had only one dance behind the LOS that I saw. I think the RB by Committee breaks down like this: Faulk, Taylor, Maroney, Green-Ellis. I think the 32 year old Morris gets released. Haven't seen him or heard from him all offseason and he was often injured in years past. Green-Ellis at 24 has to be there instead of him. I am not really as high on Fred Taylor as most people are. I thought the secondary played well they just had a couple of breakdowns, which in turn cost them dearly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

its hard to say,but it looked like an all out blitz,that couldnt get done,and by the time anyone could do anything cooley had the ball,and was gone.there was a failure or mistake somewhere.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

i honestly think that there is a method to the pats madness so far.... very little welker... and galloway hasnt really shown off his deep speed. I wouldnt be shocked if bill is calling a cookie cutter game to not show much off

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Pats have urgent needs:
    i honestly think that there is a method to the pats madness so far.... very little welker... and galloway hasnt really shown off his deep speed. I wouldnt be shocked if bill is calling a cookie cutter game to not show much off
    Posted by rebels1520

Harken back to the pre-season of 2007, did anyone think the Pats had the potential to run the table that year?  Too many players to evaluate, and as you say, "cookie cutter" type games without giving away your hand. 

Sections
Shortcuts