Pats HOF Finalists: Troy Brown, Parcells, Fred Marion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Pats HOF Finalists: Troy Brown, Parcells, Fred Marion

I'm assuming Brown will win in a landslide, as he should. But, just as last year, I feel the need to express my feelings that Parcells deserves NO place in a Patriots HOF given how classlessly, and unprofessionally he left. That burns any positivity he may have done in my mind. I will never thank him for what he did in NE.

Brown, on the other hand, is the epitome of class and professionalism. He did, literally, everything for this team. He was the key contributor in beating Pit in 01, and he (along with Coates) helped make Brady comfortable in the passing game providing a sure handed, tight route running, drama-free receiving option. He was on the team for, what, 15 years? And has stayed in the area after his playing days. He is the kind of person who should always represent this franchise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Re: Pats HOF Finalists: Troy Brown, Parcells, Fred Marion

Troy Brown was probably my favorite Patriot ever. He was the main reason why they beat the Steelers in the 01 AFC Championship, had that huge catch in the last minute against the Rams to set up the Wiggens short pass. I remember him making a catch on 4th down in NY against the Giants while he was on the ground, keeping the game winning and home field clinching drive alive. 

Troy was clutch!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Pats HOF Finalists: Troy Brown, Parcells, Fred Marion:
    he (along with Coates) helped make Brady comfortable in the passing game providing a sure handed, tight route running, drama-free receiving option. He was on the team for, what, 15 years?Posted by ma6dragon9

Coates last played for the Pats in 1999. Brady drafted in 2000

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Pats HOF Finalists: Troy Brown, Parcells, Fred Marion:
    In Response to Pats HOF Finalists: Troy Brown, Parcells, Fred Marion : Coates last played for the Pats in 1999. Brady drafted in 2000
    Posted by AcheNot

Well I certainly screwed that up.

More points for Troy!

That's what I get for trusting my increasingly failing memory!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Sorry, but Big Tuna doesn't deserve it especilaly with his short tenure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

The choices...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

I am not sure of your ages here in this forum, but I am 42. (wow, I feel younger!).
    I remember the 80's and early 90's of some of the worst Patriots teams in the history of the NFL. It was tough to be a Pats Fan back then. When Parcells came to the team, it was a whole new ball game (including the new logo). I truly believe that it was Parcells and Bledsoe that started the winning ways in New England. We were no longer an easy win or the laughing stock of the league. I can not thank BP enough for the franchise turn around. I guess you really have had to been a Pats Fan back then to appreciate what BP really did here. Do I agree with how he left? No, I dont. I was mad and disappointed as well. But looking back, I would put him in the Pats HOF and I believe he deserves to be there. I am voting for him. I like the other two guys very much as well. Go Pats in 2012!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I am not sure of your ages here in this forum, but I am 42. (wow, I feel younger!). I remember the 80's and early 90's of some of the worst Patriots teams in the history of the NFL. It was tough to be a Pats Fan back then. When Parcells came to the team, it was a whole new ball game (including the new logo). I truly believe that it was Parcells and Bledsoe that started the winning ways in New England. We were no longer an easy win or the laughing stock of the league. I can not thank BP enough for the franchise turn around. I guess you really have had to been a Pats Fan back then to appreciate what BP really did here. Do I agree with how he left? No, I dont. I was mad and disappointed as well. But looking back, I would put him in the Pats HOF and I believe he deserves to be there. I am voting for him. I like the other two guys very much as well. Go Pats in 2012!!!
    Posted by ejusox21

I'm old enough to remember Hugh Millen as the QB! He must have been worse than most QBs on ANY roster, regardless of the depth chart.

Yes, he definitely gets credit for helping to turn it around...but do you not think Kraft would have eventually done it? I do. Parcells absolutely helped, then Carroll undid everything, the BB rebuilt it again. All in all, it was a good 3 years. nothing more. He took his best draft pick with him to NY also.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I am not sure of your ages here in this forum, but I am 42. (wow, I feel younger!). I remember the 80's and early 90's of some of the worst Patriots teams in the history of the NFL. It was tough to be a Pats Fan back then. When Parcells came to the team, it was a whole new ball game (including the new logo). I truly believe that it was Parcells and Bledsoe that started the winning ways in New England. We were no longer an easy win or the laughing stock of the league. I can not thank BP enough for the franchise turn around. I guess you really have had to been a Pats Fan back then to appreciate what BP really did here. Do I agree with how he left? No, I dont. I was mad and disappointed as well. But looking back, I would put him in the Pats HOF and I believe he deserves to be there. I am voting for him. I like the other two guys very much as well. Go Pats in 2012!!!
    Posted by ejusox21
    I've been a Pats fan since you were two (I was 18). Yes, I know what Parcel's did, and it doesn't change what he is.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Pats HOF Finalists: Troy Brown, Parcells, Fred Marion : no parcells = no bellichick = no sb's
    Posted by JintsFan

How can you make that conclusion? Parcells tried his darndest to keep BB FROM NE.

No Parcells may = an earlier BB. Nobody will ever know. There were a LOT of reputable coaches available in 2000, I remember thinking how foolish it was to give up 2 first rounders when there were plenty of other coaches available.

I understand the Giants angle, and few people are more important to Giants fans...but in no way did Parcells HELP BB land in NE, quite the opposite in fact.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

In Response to Pats HOF Finalists: Troy Brown, Parcells, Fred Marion:
    I'm assuming Brown will win in a landslide, as he should. But, just as last year, I feel the need to express my feelings that Parcells deserves NO place in a Patriots HOF given how classlessly, and unprofessionally he left. That burns any positivity he may have done in my mind. I will never thank him for what he did in NE. Brown, on the other hand, is the epitome of class and professionalism. He did, literally, everything for this team. He was the key contributor in beating Pit in 01, and he (along with Coates) helped make Brady comfortable in the passing game providing a sure handed, tight route running, drama-free receiving option. He was on the team for, what, 15 years? And has stayed in the area after his playing days. He is the kind of person who should always represent this franchise.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

The people most responsible for the Pats success since early 90's. (in no particular order).

1)  Bill Parcells
    2)  James Busch Ortrwein
    3)  Bill Belichick
    4)  Tom Brady
    5)  Bob Kraft
    6)  Mo Lewis

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Pats HOF Finalists: Troy Brown, Parcells, Fred Marion : The people most responsible for the Pats success since early 90's. (in no particular order). 1)  Bill Parcells 2)  James Busch Ortrwein 3)  Bill Belichick 4)  Tom Brady 5)  Bob Kraft 6)  Mo Lewis
    Posted by mar10

Whoa. Kraft deserves to be at the top. Nothing even STARTS changing before he buys the team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Pats HOF Finalists: Troy Brown, Parcells, Fred Marion : no parcells = no bellichick = no sb's
    Posted by JintsFan

that implies that Parcells imparted something on Belichick, who had coached for some 10-20 years before joining the Giants' coaching staffs.  furthermore, their coaching styles are remarkably different, and anyone who knows football knows that Parcells is foremost a motivator and a leader and a talker, not an X's & O's guy.  if you've watched any of either of their teams, their styles aren't even similar.

Belichick trades on his own name now.  your logic is weak.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I became a Pats fan in 1976 and had mild interest before that so I have a long view of this team as well. Marrion deserves a spot in the Hall but not over Troy Brown and I suspect Parcells will eventually get in as well.  I hated ok... I STILL HATE how Parcells left the team as soon as the Superbowl was over.  I respect his coaching ability and that he was part of what turned this team around.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Tuna shouldn't even be a consideration for the PHOF. Marion was a good player, but not PHOF material.

Troy Brown, definitely.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts