PATS HOLD IMPORTANT TIEBREAKER OVER JETS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: PATS HOLD IMPORTANT TIEBREAKER OVER JETS

In Response to Re: PATS HOLD IMPORTANT TIEBREAKER OVER JETS:
    In Response to Re: PATS HOLD IMPORTANT TIEBREAKER OVER JETS : Disagree on Sanchez.  He threw an INT on Sunday to lose the game if Houston was not so mentally disabled in the coaching staff area. Keep in mind, the Texans lost in Jax on a Hail Mary because the DB was dumb. Batting the ball backwards is not what you want to do there.  No one was near him, so he should have caugh the ball with ease, not given it life by knocking it backwards. Houston has the worst pass D in the NFL and is poorly coached. If they had simply forced Sanchez's looks to the middle of the field, like any normal team would do in that position, without timeouts, the game is over. When the weather gets sketchier, expect Sanchez to also get sketchier. They have dodged bullets left and right the last month.   Some say "they find ways to win". No, they are handed games on a platter by poorly coached teams. Good coaching will expose Sanchez.
    Posted by BBReigns

Blame the INT on his OL allowing someone to hit his arm in the throwing motion. That's even happened to TB. You can't even admit that Sanchez is performing at the level that he is because you constantly demean him as a loser and inept QB which he may have been as a rookie. Shott has learned to manage the game for his QB much like the Pats did for Cassell. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

lol In week 2, without Welker, no 3rd WR in NY, in 2009, I would hardly call that Sanchez "beating BB". The Jets D stopped NE's offense last year. Please stop. He did well in Week 2 this year. Yes. Technically you are correct, bu you are sounding like one of these poseur Pats fans who troll with that. "PatsFanVirginia" with 6 posts.   Hmmmmmm.   You sure you aren't someone we already know here? I would suggest being less forceful with the name you choose when you go with that troll approach. "PatsFanVirginia" comes off a little too much like what we see here regularly.
    Posted by BBReigns

Well, in week 11 the near entire receiving corp for Indy is out. So let's keep that comparison. And it's not very difficult to know who you are. Play nice and I could try to arrange a far encounter for you with BB. I can do that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

If the Colts win the AFC South and the Pats get a wildcard, then there is a possibility that we would play in Indy.  Wouldn't that be something?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Yes Virginia ...there isn't a Santa Claus . (I don't entirely agree with your assesment , but I applaud your ability to seperate your fan loyalty with a sober analysis of the Jets vs Pats ) As for you Die-Hard Kool-Aid drinkers pointing out the obvious : Yah , yah I get it : One game at a time and all that ... Just to clarify : The reason for me starting this thread was : A) To share with my fellow NFL junkies / Pats fans the ramifications of potential future game outcomes as they pertain to the Patriots & NFL Playoff Seeding Rules B) To distract myself from any further MNF watching  ~ Broncos getting pasted last night by the Bolts was tough to stomach  ( Is there anyone out there that doesn't believe the Chargers will be a very scary playoff partner ? )
    Posted by CapFoxboro

Thanks for doing all the research, Captain. All these miracle jest wins don't impress me at all and it could very well play out as you described. 

The Bolts wouldn't scare me at all. They have a long tradition of choking up a hairball. If we get the home field advantage and the bye, we'll be golden!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The premise of this thread is based on an "IF". Now the odds are in favor of that "IF", but it is certainly not guaranteed.

As of today, 11/23/2010 - it is the Jets who hold the most important tiebreaker in the AFC East.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

@ BBReigns Someone gives an objective, not influenced by the past look at how things are, and what they may appear to be, and I'm a Troll. Do I need to say the Pats are going to win every game to be respected, no I don't I am a football fan who reads and watches. Would I have been a Troll if I said the Browns were going to beat the Pats? Come on, these guys want to beat us, and looking at it as it is, we don't match up well. We are a young D, and have not seen these many receivers in one game. Our D gives up a lot of points in the second half, what's wrong with this analysis? It's the truth. Stop being a blind Pats fan, and look it from a football point of view. Last game we had our offense intact, and we were shut out in the second half, Sanchez threw 3 Tds, that's beating BB. The Jets were built to beat the Pats, and they did.
    Posted by PatsFanVirginia

I think one of the reason Pats lost Week 2 was that once Revis went down with his hammy, Pats seemed intent on tossing jump balls to Moss instead of running the underneath stuff they have thrived with for years.  I think Welker, Branch, Gronk and Hernandez will have bigs games on Dec 6

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If the Pats win out, tie breakers mean nothing and that is what we should all hope for at this point.  This type of string will be important after Turkey Day if the unexpected happens or after the Jets game when we expect a certain result.  Otherwise, good fodder for discussion and head spinning!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: PATS HOLD IMPORTANT TIEBREAKER OVER JETS : I think one of the reason Pats lost Week 2 was that once Revis went down with his hammy, Pats seemed intent on tossing jump balls to Moss instead of running the underneath stuff they have thrived with for years.  I think Welker, Branch, Gronk and Hernandez will have bigs games on Dec 6
    Posted by gapc

No one has had a big game against Revis. Why will Dec. 6th be any different? And Cromartie is playing at an all-pro level. However, I do believe that the NE Tight Ends and slot receiver can have big games because the Jets safety play has been weak, especially with the lack of pass rush they have had from the front 3.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

@ BBReigns Someone gives an objective, not influenced by the past look at how things are, and what they may appear to be, and I'm a Troll. Do I need to say the Pats are going to win every game to be respected, no I don't I am a football fan who reads and watches. Would I have been a Troll if I said the Browns were going to beat the Pats? Come on, these guys want to beat us, and looking at it as it is, we don't match up well. We are a young D, and have not seen these many receivers in one game. Our D gives up a lot of points in the second half, what's wrong with this analysis? It's the truth. Stop being a blind Pats fan, and look it from a football point of view. Last game we had our offense intact, and we were shut out in the second half, Sanchez threw 3 Tds, that's beating BB. The Jets were built to beat the Pats, and they did.
    Posted by PatsFanVirginia

I do look at it as a football point of view.  Sanchez did nothing to "beat BB" in Week 2 last year.

You could argue he did well enough to beat the Pats D this year. Sure.

With now 7 posts, your first few come off as a poseur PAts fan looking to get in with the good graces here and then to troll.

We've seen it before.

"Go Pats" in capital letters at the end doesn't convince us either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: PATS HOLD IMPORTANT TIEBREAKER OVER JETS : Disagree on Sanchez.  He threw an INT on Sunday to lose the game if Houston was not so mentally disabled in the coaching staff area. Keep in mind, the Texans lost in Jax on a Hail Mary because the DB was dumb. Batting the ball backwards is not what you want to do there.  No one was near him, so he should have caugh the ball with ease, not given it life by knocking it backwards. Houston has the worst pass D in the NFL and is poorly coached. If they had simply forced Sanchez's looks to the middle of the field, like any normal team would do in that position, without timeouts, the game is over. When the weather gets sketchier, expect Sanchez to also get sketchier. They have dodged bullets left and right the last month.   Some say "they find ways to win". No, they are handed games on a platter by poorly coached teams. Good coaching will expose Sanchez.
    Posted by BBReigns

So what's the excuse for the pats loss to the jets earlier this season?  Isn't Belichick a good coach?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I would blame it on two Brady INTs and no points scored in the second half.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

IF we beat the Jets we won't need to worry about the tie breaker. All we'll have to do is win out.  The Packers stand the best chance of taking us down, but if the Pats beat them they are winning the SB. They'll be at home throughout the playoffs (The Pats don't loose at home) and they would've already proven to themselves that they can beat the team they will likely be facing off against in the big dance (Greenbay has future QB 12, they are going to the SB).  It would be an amazing feat if the Pats actually win the SB. They would've won the SB using a team Belichick pieced together using spit and duct tape. Bodden, Warren, a sexy pass-rusher and we're back in business, BABY! 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Sexy pass rusher?  lol  I'm thinking maybe one of the kardashian sisters.

Don't lose at home in the playoffs?  ummm I like the possitive attitude. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

lol In week 2, without Welker, no 3rd WR in NY, in 2009, I would hardly call that Sanchez "beating BB". The Jets D stopped NE's offense last year. Please stop. He did well in Week 2 this year. Yes. Technically you are correct, bu you are sounding like one of these poseur Pats fans who troll with that. "PatsFanVirginia" with 6 posts.   Hmmmmmm.   You sure you aren't someone we already know here? I would suggest being less forceful with the name you choose when you go with that troll approach. "PatsFanVirginia" comes off a little too much like what we see here regularly.
    Posted by BBReigns

BB,

Are you saying that injuries to recievers matter now?  Cause I thought you joined the chrous on my thread about the colts being decimated, and said injuries are no excuse.

Not startin crap, but they either matter or they don't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Don't worry about the tiebreakers the Jets are going to lose three more games at a minimum. End of story. They are going to lose to the Pats,The Bears, and the Steelers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

If the Colts win the AFC South and the Pats get a wildcard, then there is a possibility that we would play in Indy.  Wouldn't that be something?
    Posted by MarcW1

Marc,

Going on the road against Indy would be a scary prop. since we only managed to beat them by 3 at home while they were decimated injury wise (yes for the 1000th time I understand we had some injuries too, but not as many).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Thanks for catching my initial Tiebreaker error Faucetman ~
    ( I initially inverted No.'s 3 and 4 ) as well as my incorrect Conference calculation . 

Great input as well on the various ramifications..

Personally , I hate having to guess how a particular contest outcome effects our playoff chances .
     I remember not too long ago ( 1980's ) when it was tough to know exactly who to root for at seasons end when the NFL seldom updated the playoff scenarios .

No matter how it shakes down... I like the Pats chances of going far into the playoffs this year.

I've got the Pats winning 5 of next 6
    ( GB loss or possibly even Miami game if it turns out to be moot if Pats have already clinched Home field )

That Jets game should be EPIC !

GO PATS !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

In Response to Re: PATS HOLD IMPORTANT TIEBREAKER OVER JETS : I do look at it as a football point of view.  Sanchez did nothing to "beat BB" in Week 2 last year. You could argue he did well enough to beat the Pats D this year. Sure. With now 7 posts, your first few come off as a poseur PAts fan looking to get in with the good graces here and then to troll. We've seen it before. "Go Pats" in capital letters at the end doesn't convince us either.
    Posted by BBReigns

BBReigns and his conspiratorial insanity with trolls that don't exist.

WHY??  Because its his way of deflecting a losing argument or being called out for his consistent double speak.

I think the dude is precious.  He believes himself the guardian of some sacred glory from imaginary people ready to sabotage his utopic bubble of Patriotland.

HILARIOUS!!! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

The Patriots will not lose to the Bears--- that is a flawed average team at best.  Do you thinka Mike Martz offense has a chance against BB.  I see Cutler throwing 3 to 4 picks and 1 or 2 are taking in for a TD.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

JYaso--
    Take nothing for granted in 2010. Hasn't this season taught us anything?!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Thanks for catching my initial Tiebreaker error Faucetman ~ ( I initially inverted No.'s 3 and 4 ) as well as my incorrect Conference calculation .   Great input as well on the various ramifications.. Personally , I hate having to guess how a particular contest outcome effects our playoff chances .  I remember not too long ago ( 1980's ) when it was tough to know exactly who to root for at seasons end when the NFL seldom updated the playoff scenarios .  No matter how it shakes down... I like the Pats chances of going far into the playoffs this year.  I've got the Pats winning 5 of next 6 ( GB loss or possibly even Miami game if it turns out to be moot if Pats have already clinched Home field )    That Jets game should be EPIC ! GO PATS !
    Posted by CapFoxboro

Hey Cap, I guess we are both already looking at this stuff.  Heck, I'm already looking at who we might be targeting in the draft.  Obviously, I'm very intently watching each game in disbelief that we could be doing so well with such a young and inexperienced defense.  This is BB's best coaching performance of his career. 

All I want is for us to beat the Lions then the Jets.  If that happens, I think the rest will take care of itself.  Having home field is huge for this team. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

The Patriots will not lose to the Bears--- that is a flawed average team at best.  Do you thinka Mike Martz offense has a chance against BB.  I see Cutler throwing 3 to 4 picks and 1 or 2 are taking in for a TD.
    Posted by JYaso
    ..and the Jets against the Bears? I suppose they'll have a great game and Cutler will torch the Jets??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Jets will beat the Bears. Culter hasn't seen a d like like that.

jets suck Image

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Jets will beat the Bears. Culter hasn't seen a d like like that.
    Posted by harleyroadking1
    ....Cutler may not even make it to that game. If BB has his way, it'll be a repeat of the the Giants game earlier and Cutler will be eating turf all nite

Sections
Shortcuts