Pats in AFC final...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from canpatfan. Show canpatfan's posts

Pats in AFC final...

I know it's so very early (training camp has not yet begun) but humour me - let's hear your predictions as it stands right now for afc/nfc finals and SB.

After considering some of the lineups and questions marks with teams around the league - I think the Pats chances of at least going to the Bowl - are legit!

AFC final - Pats vs. Colts  (I want to pick Pats, but...okay - I'll pick the Pats)

NFC final - Saints vs. Giants

SB - Pats vs. Saints ......????

(dis)Honourable runner ups: Jets, Vikings 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

Re: Pats in AFC final...

Division Semis - Patriots Vs Bengals
    Division Semis - Colts Vs Jets

AFC Finals - Ravens Vs Colts

Division Semis - Vikings Vs Cowboys
    Divison Semis - Eagles Vs Saints

NFC Finals - Packers Vs Vikings

SB - Packers Vs Colts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[insert loud buzzer sound here]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIvxqUCu41Q

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

jbolt - what's going on out in SD with the chargers?  Sounds like there is some turmoil, not unlike every other franchise (including colts).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Colts make it to a Superbowl? Not going to happen.

Those guys are the '90s Atlanta Braves of football. Always filled with high expectations, only one ring to show for it. This should've been their year, the Pats weren't very good, the Steelers weren't very good and the Jets knocked out the Chargers for them. Those are the three teams that have, historically, owned Peyton Manning in the playoffs.

And the Saints are one year wonders. They'll be back to 8-8 this season. 

The Pats vs. The Vikings in the Superbowl--pending the Pats pass-rush is improved, if not, The Chargers vs. the Vikings. If Brett Farve doesn't come back it will be the Chargers vs. the Packers.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

In Response to Pats in AFC final...:
    I know it's so very early (training camp has not yet begun) but humour me - let's hear your predictions as it stands right now for afc/nfc finals and SB. After considering some of the lineups and questions marks with teams around the league - I think the Pats chances of at least going to the Bowl - are legit! AFC final - Pats vs. Colts  (I want to pick Pats, but...okay - I'll pick the Pats) NFC final - Saints vs. Giants SB - Pats vs. Saints ......???? (dis)Honourable runner ups: Jets, Vikings 
    Posted by canpatfan

They call it the "championship" around here. At least you could have said the "finals". You took me by surprise for a second...

Anyway about your post - predicting the SB at this point? really? Everyone here (ofcouse except the likes of underdog and jbolt) wish Pats get to the SB, but you shudnt mix your emotions with your predictions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Pats in AFC final...:
    The Colts make it to a Superbowl? Not going to happen. Those guys are the '90s Atlanta Braves of football. Always filled with high expectations, only one ring to show for it. This should've been their year, the Pats weren't very good, the Steelers weren't very good and the Jets knocked out the Chargers for them. Those are the three teams that have, historically, owned Peyton Manning in the playoffs. And the Saints are one year wonders. They'll be back to 8-8 this season.  The Pats vs. The Vikings in the Superbowl--pending the Pats pass-rush is improved, if not, The Chargers vs. the Vikings. If Brett Farve doesn't come back it will be the Chargers vs. the Packers.  
    Posted by 49Patriots

49Pat - before the season started last year, conventional wisdom was that the Pats would be the AFC rep in the SB and the colts might not even make the playoffs.  When discussing expectations, lets make sure we aren't telling fish stories.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Pats in AFC final... : 49Pat - before the season started last year, conventional wisdom was that the Pats would be the AFC rep in the SB and the colts might not even make the playoffs.  When discussing expectations, lets make sure we aren't telling fish stories.
    Posted by underdoggggg

The conventional wisdom was that the Colts were supposed to lose their OC and OL coach, but Peyton cried and the league changed the rules. And yeah, The Pats weren't any good last year and neither were the Steelers and the Jets did the Colts a favor by knocking out the Chargers. The Colts coasted through the playoffs facing a defense that Peyton Manning does well against twice in a row (Rex Ryan's). Last year should have been the Colts' year, but Peyton choked it away. They'll be back to their one and done run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Sorry 49, If my memory serves me, no NFL rules were changed to get those coaches back.  The coaches used federal pension/retirement rules to do what they needed to do.  What did change, however, were the HC, DC, and STC and the loss of Marvin Harrison.  That's significant in one year and why the expectations were low for the colts.  On the other hand, the pats were expected by all to regain their 07 form.  

Lets not lose sight of what you said about expectations.  They were low for the colts who exceeded them and high for the pats who failed miserably to reach theirs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

The Colts make it to a Superbowl? Not going to happen. Those guys are the '90s Atlanta Braves of football. Always filled with high expectations, only one ring to show for it. This should've been their year, the Pats weren't very good, the Steelers weren't very good and the Jets knocked out the Chargers for them. Those are the three teams that have, historically, owned Peyton Manning in the playoffs. And the Saints are one year wonders. They'll be back to 8-8 this season.  The Pats vs. The Vikings in the Superbowl--pending the Pats pass-rush is improved, if not, The Chargers vs. the Vikings. If Brett Farve doesn't come back it will be the Chargers vs. the Packers.  
    Posted by 49Patriots

I'm a diehard Atlanta Braves fan and I couldn't agree more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Sorry 49, If my memory serves me, no NFL rules were changed to get those coaches back.  The coaches used federal pension/retirement rules to do what they needed to do.  What did change, however, were the HC, DC, and STC and the loss of Marvin Harrison.  That's significant in one year and why the expectations were low for the colts.  On the other hand, the pats were expected by all to regain their 07 form.   Lets not lose sight of what you said about expectations.  They were low for the colts who exceeded them and high for the pats who failed miserably to reach theirs.
    Posted by underdoggggg

Peyton cried like the lady he is. And the Colts defense has never been dominant, their ST sucked for years, and Dungy helped run the defense so him leaving won't make an impact. The guy that would make a huge impact if he left would be Tom Moore, but he's still there.