Pats in better position then Denver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Pats in better position then Denver

At this point, everyone is 0 - 0.  It is the playoffs and the regular season is done.  The good is the Pats have at least one game at home and the only road game they'd have is if Denver survives their divisional game.  If we can say one thing that is to the advantage of the Pats, Manning, if the weather in Denver is very wintry like for their divisional game, may play to his poor weather tendancies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

If the first round holds to form, Indy goes to Denver and Cincy comes to NE.  I would much rather play Cincy then Indy.  I like lucks chances in Denver.  I know Cincy beat NE but that was in Cincy and they have lost 2 defensive starters since then.

You're dreaming.....

Gimme the Dolts OUTSIDE, and let the Brokebacks deal with the Bengals, IF they can get by the Bolts. The Bolts have the better chance of beating The Forehead, if only due to divisional play anf familarity. But home cooking in the playoffs is important. I think the Dolts will beat the Chiefs, but won't fare well in Denver, IF the Bengals beat the Bolts, because they are a dome team.    

It's been proven in the NFL that weather is the equalizer. Look no further than last years Brokeback/Raven divisional playoff game.

As foe the Bengals losing defensive starters, perhaps you haven't been paying attention to the Patriots losses on BOTH sides of the ball. And the Pats finished 1 game better when all the fuss was over. Or, maybe you didn't see the Chiefs almost pull out yesterday's game against the Bolts while resting half of their starters. This time an inept NFL crew cost them a game allowing teh Bolts to punch their ticket while the Steelers make golf tee times. The loss had no effect on the Chiefs as they weren't going to improve or lessen their playoff position. But, the Bolts greatly benefited by yet another ref faux pas. But again I will say that if you let your game come doen to ONE call late, then you are in trouble. The Chiefs, despite the Blue Flu, had chances and opportunities to win that game outright and couldn't close the deal. Gakking up a 10 point 4th qtr lead is NOT a good thing, as we've seen the Patriots do on a regular playoff basis. And, all the kicker had to do was make the damned kick, making the call a mute issue.

Gimme the DOLTS!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Can't believe people are worried about the Bungles in the playoffs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

I say San Diego knocks off Denver at home.  Manning's playoff winning percentage plummets to negative infinity

I think so too, they have to be the bungles first, but 49Patriots doesn't think SD can beat Cincy

Denver's defense is bad, and they haven't been battle tested, have played alot of cupcakes this year with the easiest schedudle inthe NFL. 

http://www.theredzone.org/Features/NFLStrengthofSchedule.aspx

KP - how many games did the pats play this year against playoff teams to make themselves battle tested?  how many did the Broncos play?

The donkeys lost to 3 of the 4 AFC playoff teams they played this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

If the first round holds to form, Indy goes to Denver and Cincy comes to NE.  I would much rather play Cincy then Indy.  I like lucks chances in Denver.  I know Cincy beat NE but that was in Cincy and they have lost 2 defensive starters since then.

Hmmmmmm.... Seems like we've seen this before: Solid regular season overall record, but losses to ultimate post season playoff teams. Sounds very... Patriot Like.  But, that won't matter at all, as we'll undoubtedly come up with excellent "reasons" why they would never win the SB (of course assuming they don't), and several excuses why they did (we'll dust off and bring out the obligatory NFL conspiracy theory, etc).

I don't think the Brokebacks will get to the SB. Too many variables, and defense wins playoff games. The only AFC defense that concerns me is the Bengals. The Pats defense is dangerous... to the Pats. We've seen how successful the "bend but don't break" defense fails in post season. Shut down is the way to go, and the Pats are anything but shut down; they have no capability to be one. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to soups' comment:

I say San Diego knocks off Denver at home.  Manning's playoff winning percentage plummets to negative infinity

I think so too, they have to be the bungles first, but 49Patriots doesn't think SD can beat Cincy

Denver's defense is bad, and they haven't been battle tested, have played alot of cupcakes this year with the easiest schedudle inthe NFL. 

KP - how many games did the pats play this year against playoff teams to make themselves battle tested?  how many did the Broncos play?

Here it is.  But you already knew this, right?  NE played:

Cincy

Indy 

Carolina

Denver

New Orleans

All of them are in the playoffs.  

We didn't play Indy

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

KP - might not know that strength of schedule he is showing is based on opponents' 2012 records.  Ultimately, teams change dramatically from one year to the next, and the Chiefs, Falcons, Redskins, and Texans are perfect examples.  Rather than relying on a poorly conceived estimate, lets look at the ACTUAL strength of schedule for this year using this year's games now that the season is over.  Here are the winning percentage and records of each AFC team's playoff opponents.    Turns out the pats, bengals, and chiefs schedules were easier than predicted.  Colts, Chargers, Broncos were harder.  In fact, there was not much of a difference at all in the schedule strength of Indy, Cincy, NE, and Denver. 

• S D - .496  (127-129)
    • IND - .484 (124-132)
    • CIN - .480 (123-133)
    • N E - .473 (121-135)
    • DEN - .469 (120-136)
    • K C - .445 (114-142)

oh glad you cleared that up, sorry i was using the wrong SOS, either way denver still had a very easy schedule NFC east and AFC soutn and Raiders twice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

If it weren't for the crappy ref. job coupled with a routine F/G miss yesterday SD wouldn't even be in the playoffs....

I got Cinn. handling  SD but would welcome a SD victory....:-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Cincy

Indy 

Carolina

Denver

New Orleans

actually, the pats did not play indy.  Hard to believe, huh?  They played 4 games against playoff teams.  Denver played 7. 

I only made the point because Kansaspat was trying to play up the pats schedule and downplay others.  He did this yesterday as well.  Turns out he was wrong. 

In fact, of the AFC playoff teams each team played the following # of playoff teams this year:

• Den - 7
    • SD - 7
    • Ind - 6
    • KC - 6
    • Cin - 4
    • NE - 4

Denver did not play 7 playoff teams they only played 5. Philly, KC, SD, Indy, NE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Perfect non-answer deflection, but by now you've already read the truth. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

KP - might not know that strength of schedule he is showing is based on opponents' 2012 records.  Ultimately, teams change dramatically from one year to the next, and the Chiefs, Falcons, Redskins, and Texans are perfect examples.  Rather than relying on a poorly conceived estimate, lets look at the ACTUAL strength of schedule for this year using this year's games now that the season is over.  Here are the winning percentage and records of each AFC team's playoff opponents.    Turns out the pats, bengals, and chiefs schedules were easier than predicted.  Colts, Chargers, Broncos were harder.  In fact, there was not much of a difference at all in the schedule strength of Indy, Cincy, NE, and Denver. 

• S D - .496  (127-129)
    • IND - .484 (124-132)
    • CIN - .480 (123-133)
    • N E - .473 (121-135)
    • DEN - .469 (120-136)
    • K C - .445 (114-142)

oh glad you cleared that up, sorry i was using the wrong SOS, either way denver still had a very easy schedule NFC east and AFC soutn and Raiders twice.

But they've played more playoff teams than NE (almost 2:1).  The strength of schedule record is as close as it could be without being the same.  You can attempt to parse it as you please, but out of 256 games, their is only a 1 game difference in the actual SOS. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Cincy

Indy 

Carolina

Denver

New Orleans

actually, the pats did not play indy.  Hard to believe, huh?  They played 4 games against playoff teams.  Denver played 7. 

I only made the point because Kansaspat was trying to play up the pats schedule and downplay others.  He did this yesterday as well.  Turns out he was wrong. 

In fact, of the AFC playoff teams each team played the following # of playoff teams this year:

• Den - 7
    • SD - 7
    • Ind - 6
    • KC - 6
    • Cin - 4
    • NE - 4

Denver did not play 7 playoff teams they only played 5. Philly, KC, SD, Indy, NE

Typo - as noted in the first paragraph of my post above, the broncos played 7 GAMES against playoff teams.  The pats played 4. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

UD...will they make it past their first playoff game? who do you guess they will play?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

This "strength of schedule" stuff is funnie than The People being mad as hell about the US Congress, and yet keeps electing the same yahoos. Hollyweird can't make this stuff up!!

NFL schedules, except for TWO games a year, are already pre-determined years in advance. Its basic and simple: 6 divisional games, 4 vs a conference division (in a set/designated rotating basis), 4 vs a cross over conferenxe divison (again, pre-determind on a rotating basis). The ONLY 2 gams not pre-determined are thos against confeerence opponets finishing in the same position as them. But, even those "positions" are pre-determined.

Anyone saying that the Chiefs or Bengals would win 11 games each and that the Steelers and Texans be under 10 is a flat out liar. Facts that anyone who would even know what shape a football looks like can't dispute include: the Ravens would have a drop off, the Brokebacks were the odds on fave to win the AFC (remember the angst Pats fans had at the time?), the Pats would win their perpetually soft/inept divison (again, despite debilitating injuries), both Gotham City teams would flop, the Eagles would be improved, and the 'Boys would, well, be the 'Boys.  

Surprises this season include: the Lions stoppd playing after Thanksgiving, the Packers would struggle with a serious injury to Rogers, yet win a very soft NFC North, The Falcons would pull a Gotham City, the Panthers would clinch a #2 NFC playoff seed, the Fish would be in a position to" win and be in" in week #17, the Cardinals would win 10 games and be out of the playoffs, Adrian Peterson would be proved to be mere mortal, the Raid-uhs would continue being the laughing stock of the NFL (you JESTS! fans ought to bow on bended knee every day, face West, and thank the Almighty for Oakland), and a slew of coaches would get their "papers" this morning (Houston disappointed when they jumped the gun).

This strength of schedule stuff like a pinata.... crack it open to see how things shake out. What determines strength of schedule? The results of the previous season, when the schedule is made and the TWO non-predetermined teams are identified? Is it after the current season is complete, when surprises (both good and bad) surface? Is it determined early in the season, when injuries happen and winnable games are lost, or does pure luck (a bad call or a bounce goes in their favor), account for anything? Is it when a good team vastly underperforms (the Steelers starting out 0-4), or when the 'Skins take their annual elevator ride in the standings? Bottom line is you can only play who's on your schedule. It's what you do in the season, tendancies on both sides of the ball, major/season ending injuries, holding on to leads, or comimg back from large deficits that determines a team's chances in the post season. Nothing else matters. 

Go ahead and crunch numers, real or imagined. if?" game all you want. The time is here: win to keep playing. No excuses, no "ya, but's ....", no questions about the weather conditions, or crowd noise, or slide rule calculations. no "we played 7 games vs playoff teams, willing 3, whi;e you only played 4 games, and won only 2..."  Just go out and play the game!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

Don't know about that. ESPN touting Manning to go all the way. They already have the T shirts and hats ready in Denver. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

[/QUOTE]

The Broncos beat Philly, San Diego once, and KC twice.  Not sure what info you are looking at...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

UD...will they make it past their first playoff game? who do you guess they will play?

UD?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I don't expect SD to get past the bengals and although the colts have beaten KC and are playing at home, I only give the colts an even chance of winning.  so I think the broncos will play either Indy or KC. 

Interesting here.  They say its difficult to beat a team 3 times in a year which is what they would have to do if they got KC.  On the other hand, Indy beat Denver, so I don't know. 

I am going to play hopeful homer and guess that Denver will play Indy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I don't expect SD to get past the bengals and although the colts have beaten KC and are playing at home, I only give the colts an even chance of winning.  so I think the broncos will play either Indy or KC. 

Interesting here.  They say its difficult to beat a team 3 times in a year which is what they would have to do if they got KC.  On the other hand, Indy beat Denver, so I don't know. 

I am going to play hopeful homer and guess that Denver will play Indy.

Appreciate the response..You think Indy but you are unsure if Denver/Manning can beat them correct?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

This "strength of schedule" stuff is funnie than The People being mad as hell about the US Congress, and yet keeps electing the same yahoos. Hollyweird can't make this stuff up!!

NFL schedules, except for TWO games a year, are already pre-determined years in advance....

AZ, what makes discussions even funnier is when one uses the "strength of schedule" argument as a way to demean the current season's results as if the team had control of the schedule like a college team does.  Is it the Pats fault the AFC East hardly presents a challenge, yet each team in that division has the same opportunity to build a winning team,  why the Pats and not them?  There are very few NFL teams which can go from one season to the next and still be a force in the league.  The Pats have always been near or at the top each season since 2001 while others go up and down like yoyos.   The fact the Packers, with 4 consecutive seasons with a winning record, while the Pats are at 13, is proof.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

In response to AZPAT's comment:

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

NFL schedules, except for TWO games a year, are already pre-determined years in advance....

AZ, what makes discussions even funnier is when one uses the "strength of schedule" argument as a way to demean the current season's results as if the team had control of the schedule like a college team does.  Is it the Pats fault the AFC East hardly presents a challenge, yet each team in that division has the same opportunity to build a winning team,  why the Pats and not them?  There are very few NFL teams which can go from one season to the next and still be a force in the league.  The Pats have always been near or at the top each season since 2001 while others go up and down like yoyos.   The fact the Packers, with 4 consecutive seasons with a winning record, while the Pats are at 13, is proof.

second that

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

In response to N2thaIzzo's comment:

The Broncos beat Philly, San Diego once, and KC twice.  Not sure what info you are looking at...

[/QUOTE]

that was  early of the season when they beat San Diego. San Diego beat them.

Both  previous conference games were close. by a touchdown.

I do believe that San Diego will beat the KC.  People forgot about Philip Rivers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to N2thaIzzo's comment:

the key here is: AFC  playoff teams. Philly is NFC

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The PATS are the most mentally tough team in the NFL right now. This began with the Aaron Hernandez debacle in the pre-season. This team started to close ranks early and doesn't allow ANYTHING to get into their heads when it comes to focus and desire to win. Injury after injury may have slowed them this season but has not stopped them from getting to where they are right now. They have 3-more games to win, ALL IN COLD WEATHER where they OWN the rest of the league. Playing in the Razor, MAYBE Denver, and then in New Jersey in the depths of winter gives us a clear advantage against all of them. We all know Peyton hates the cold, and he just lost his best defender. Yes, with 3-games to go and an emerging running game and an evolving defense, the PATRIOTS are in a better position.........GO PATS!!!  

• Sections
    Shortcuts