Pats in Playoffs?................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Pats in Playoffs?................

If they started today? They're in a 3 way tie for the wild card with Bal & Cin. Do they have the tiebreaker?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Pats in Playoffs?................

Kind early to worry about this don't you think?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

No, I don't think it's too early to think about playoffs and seeding albeit on a smaller scale - like where we are positioned in our own division. Assuming we can take two from Miami (which still isn't a gimmee) - we may be calling on the fins to beat some of our division rivals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

You know what? THe Pats are in the drivers seat... meaning they control their own destiny. If the win enough remaining games they are in. If they do not they do not deserve to be in it. I don't think it really matters what anyone else does. It matters that they do. How good they are, how well prepared, how well coached, how intense and smart they play.

So yes I think they make the playoffs. And if they do not they didn't deserve it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Pats in Playoffs?................:
    You know what? THe Pats are in the drivers seat... meaning they control their own destiny. If the win enough remaining games they are in. If they do not they do not deserve to be in it. I don't think it really matters what anyone else does. It matters that they do. How good they are, how well prepared, how well coached, how intense and smart they play. So yes I think they make the playoffs. And if they do not they didn't deserve it.
    Posted by portfolio1

Well, sort of. Wasn't it in 2008 when we didn't make the playoffs? We were tied with the Dolphins at 11-5 and lost tie breakers to Baltimore.

Or look at last year. Seattle came first in their division w/ record of 7-9. Two teams with better records didn't make the playoffs in that conference.

Sometimes a little luck can get you into the playoffs. Then it's a new season and one's regular season record means nothing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

I hope so....an easy first round win for the Steelers?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Could we kindly wait about 7 - 9 games before we get our panties in such a bunch??!!  If anything, I'd like to see the D improve first to give us a chance in the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Could we kindly wait about 7 - 9 games before we get our panties in such a bunch??!!  If anything, I'd like to see the D improve first to give us a chance in the playoffs.
    Posted by agcsbill

will you bail on them if i tell you the d is not likely to improve? the talent level is what it is. that's not going to change until the offseason. 

what if the d gives up...
    27 to phi
    24 each to nyg, kcc 
    no more than 21 to the rest of remaining teams in their schedule?

in the playoffs, are you going to bail on them if i told you they will give up 20-23 pts a game?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I would never bail on the Pats but if the defense gives up 23 points a game in the playoffs I do not think the Pats will be winning the super Bowl this year. The 2006 colts, A team with a bad defense gave up 8 pts, 6 pts, 34 pts and 17 pts on their super bowl run. Their offens only played one really good game in the playoffs and that was against the Pats. When was the last time the Pats scored 24 points in a playoff game. In the Playoffs the weather is worse and the defenses are generally better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I would never bail on the Pats but if the defense gives up 23 points a game in the playoffs I do not think the Pats will be winning the super Bowl this year. The 2006 colts, A team with a bad defense gave up 8 pts, 6 pts, 34 pts and 17 pts on their super bowl run. Their offens only played one really good game in the playoffs and that was against the Pats. When was the last time the Pats scored 24 points in a playoff game. In the Playoffs the weather is worse and the defenses are generally better.
    Posted by ccnsd

i believe sanders came back from injury late in the season. who knows...mayo and albert having the same effect?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Posted by ccnsd

What an ironic statement for a "blame the defense" guy....by the way, other then the Jags beatdown of 07, the answer is 2004 when they won the Super Bowl.

C'mon, that must have stung a little?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Seems less likely now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

They had a chance to separate themselves from the rest of the AFC East today, and failed to do so. Very disappointing. 

Now admist a 3-way tie for first place, however if the season ended today, they'd be in second. 

Gotta beat NYJ next week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

This is not a playoff team.  Not a playoff coach.  Not a playoff defense.

Certainly NOT a playoff QB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

wont happen ........PREPARE YOURSELF........wasted thread

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

[QUOTE]This is not a playoff team.  Not a playoff coach.  Not a playoff defense. Certainly NOT a playoff QB.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/

It's always has to be someone with a dumb post!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Yup, I figured the D would take a beating on this topic.  Fact is though, as bad as the D has been (and it was good today - kept us in the game), the offense has been given a pass for mediocrity.  TB has plain out stunk for four of three of the last games.  Loss against the Bills - on TB and his 4 INTs.  Loss against the Steelers - D, but with alot of help from the no-offense Pats.  This one against NY Jints?  All on TB and the offense, they didn't do squat for three quarters - and only then following Jints brain cramps.  Heck, the Pats weren't the Jints worse enemy today, the Jints were!  Bottom line - our O has stunk for four straight game, the D finally steps up in a game - but at the end of the day - this team just isn't that good.  You are what your record says you are - we're 5-3 and barely so.  Less drastic changes, and BB isn't known for those - we're a 9-7 team if we're lucky.  Probably closer to 8-8 or 7-9.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

Yup, I figured the D would take a beating on this topic.  Fact is though, as bad as the D has been (and it was good today - kept us in the game), the offense has been given a pass for mediocrity.  TB has plain out stunk for four of three of the last games.  Loss against the Bills - on TB and his 4 INTs.  Loss against the Steelers - D, but with alot of help from the no-offense Pats.  This one against NY Jints?  All on TB and the offense, they didn't do squat for three quarters - and only then following Jints brain cramps.  Heck, the Pats weren't the Jints worse enemy today, the Jints were!  Bottom line - our O has stunk for four straight game, the D finally steps up in a game - but at the end of the day - this team just isn't that good.  You are what your record says you are - we're 5-3 and barely so.  Less drastic changes, and BB isn't known for those - we're a 9-7 team if we're lucky.  Probably closer to 8-8 or 7-9.
    Posted by gr82bme

Relax it is just half season they will be fine I expect them to win next week and win the rest of the way the defense blew the game for them but the PI in the last minute is a bad call but let's put this behind us and let move on against the NY not gets

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Pats in Playoffs?................ : will you bail on them if i tell you the d is not likely to improve? the talent level is what it is. that's not going to change until the offseason.  what if the d gives up... 27 to phi 24 each to nyg, kcc  no more than 21 to the rest of remaining teams in their schedule? in the playoffs, are you going to bail on them if i told you they will give up 20-23 pts a game?
    Posted by seattlepat70

relax...i think after this game, people are finally realizing that this fixation over the d is just masking offensive issues. that is a big step. the issues on o can be fixed. we do not have to wait for the off-season to fix them. if they can get back to scoring 24+ a game, they will win the div.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Too many jumping ship right now....  lack of faith...  so sad, so sad!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Too many jumping ship right now....  lack of faith...  so sad, so sad!
    Posted by agcsbill

i really find it weird that people are jumping because loss aside the coaching staff learned a lot about the team today that they can build on.

1) the d has enough talent to play d. they will not be your top notch d but they will be good enough to keep other teams 21 or below going forward (I said before that phi scores 27, kcc and nyg score 24). they also have to stay aggressive.

2) the approach used from 2007-2010 will not work anymore. They need to be less predictable.

i would not be surprise if they lose only one more game going forward

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Pats in Playoffs.... i would not be surprise if they lose only one more game going forward
    Posted by seattlepat70

I am hoping this game turns into a low point for the team and they use this game as a rallying cry to excel from here on out.  Somewhere between the coaching staff and the players, game plans will be developed and executed to WIN games.  Additionally, starting in the Dallas game, even though they won, something changed in the offense and they lost their "mojo".   5 games ripping other D's apart and then nothing.  What happened?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This team is going to lose more than one game going forward. I wish you were right but I see a few more losses.  They have no secondary.  The offense no longer is explosive.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Does anyone know the last time Tom Brady played great in a big game? 

Think about that and then realize why the playoffs are not a shoe in. 

Jets, Philly, Bills - all will beat this team.

So they have to go 5 for 5 against the weak sisters they are playing KC, Mia, Indy, Washington, and Denver

Except Washington and denver are both road games they could easily lose.

10 - 6?  Maybe - but that will be 3rd place and likely out of the playoffs.  9 - 7 is a strong possibility.

But, hey - Tom "The Shadow" Brady is saying that THIS week we will find out what this team is made of.  Apparently the last two weeks offer no evidence.  It is THIS week that The Shadow is pointing to as a measuring stick.

Okay.  We'll see.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the Shadow actually plays well in a big game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Does anyone know the last time Tom Brady played great in a big game?  Think about that and then realize why the playoffs are not a shoe in.  Jets, Philly, Bills - all will beat this team. So they have to go 5 for 5 against the weak sisters they are playing KC, Mia, Indy, Washington, and Denver Except Washington and denver are both road games they could easily lose. 10 - 6?  Maybe - but that will be 3rd place and likely out of the playoffs.  9 - 7 is a strong possibility. But, hey - Tom "The Shadow" Brady is saying that THIS week we will find out what this team is made of.  Apparently the last two weeks offer no evidence.  It is THIS week that The Shadow is pointing to as a measuring stick. Okay.  We'll see. Hopefully I'm wrong and the Shadow actually plays well in a big game.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

You're not a true fan. Please leave. You only show up after losses, and you only posting negative, pessimistic comments. Notice a trend...?

Sections
Shortcuts