Re: Pats In Prime Position In AFC

long but good, and accurrate read.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

A good read.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Pats have been in prime position entering the playoffs for the last 3 years.

At the time, Steelers were the only real threat in the AFC in 2010...and the Pats smoked them earlier in the year.

Pats really only had to win one real game to get to the Super Bowl last season...

And this year, after the gifted bye and choke job of the Broncos, Patriots had a decent road back again.

Pats have been primed for the pas three years. Their rosters may not have been superb, but that really goes for the competition as well. It's not like we've lost against dominant teams.

Don't care about these offseason evaluations. Patriots chances will still probably come down to Brady's level of play in the playoffs, and Gronk's health

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to LHNYJ's comment:

I just hope that the pats get into the playoffs then s%$t the bed again and everybody blames Brady...again.

It was his fault.

while the jets continue to be a circus, the pats continue to go deep into the playoffs every year. it must really upset you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Jeffri ChadiHaHaHa at ESPN thinks otherwise

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8998804/nfl-patriots-dynasty-decline

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont see anything here that hasnt been talked to death on these boards.

I also cant see the Pats signing Wallace, but stranger things have happened...

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The Patriots will remain in prime position in the AFC as long as the other 3 AFC East teams are awful and BUF,MIA and NYJ don't appear to be escaping awful anytime soon.  If the Pats stay relatively healthy in 2013 they will once again have a great shot at a 1st round bye.  I don't have the numbers in front of me but basically for the past 3 years the Pats have demolished bad teams and played .500 against good teams. Win 1 lose 1 against good teams isn't a recipe for winning Super Bowls.

2 years ago the Pats basically had a bye to the AFC title game and last year the chips couldn't have fallen much better with getting the Ravens at home.  They will continue to be in a good 'position' but if they can't beat good teams when it matters, then it will just be more of the same.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I dont see anything here that hasnt been talked to death on these boards.

I also cant see the Pats signing Wallace, but stranger things have happened...

Says the guy who thinks the Jets are in fine position and the Jets GM role as a "deam job".

LMAO

No, says the guy who said that the Jets were rebuilding but would be $20-$30 million under the cap once the free agency signing period began.

Yes, for many the Jets GM job is a dream job. It is in the business, media and sports capital of the world, the team has no where to go but up, and the person who rights the ship will be a hero to the fandom...for some, that challenge is a dream...for others, they prefer to sit in CLeveland (your man crush Lombardi)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

10 days to start of free agency and we will see what goodies BB brings to the roster and  improve the team and thus continue to validate the premise that the Pats are in a good position in the AFC.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My only comment is to question the mention of Wallace as a potential FA that the Pats target.  Just doesn't seem to be BB's style. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think Chadiha thinks Brady's decline will be the end of an era, and he's probably right, but I see nothing to suggest he cannot lead this O for at least the next 3 years at a high level.  The Pats have the cap space to build/maintain the rest of the roster while Brady is still very good.    

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I seriously just want to see all this young high priced talent that will be dumped by other teams, because of salary cap hell land on our roster - that would make me feel better, because we have gone out of our way to prepare for that to happen. So far it hasn't, all I'm seeing is good players restructuring and old players getting released, saving their teams millions. We have 25 million plus to spend - please tell me we are at least going to spend to the cap this year for the first time in three seasons. I'm tired of watching other teams play rough with us in the playoffs while we roll out Deaderick and Love while their Qb's can eat an ice cream waiting for someone to hit them.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.