Pats interested in Pat Williams?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Pats interested in Pat Williams?

Just saw it on nesn.com. The Pats are "making some inquiries" and "might bring him in for a visit over the weekend" , according to ESPN's John Clayton. The guy is old , but obviously he would only be a situational/rotational player in most likely a 4-3. My question is , does this have anything to do with Haynesworth? Or are we just creating one hell of a D-Line? What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Re: Pats interested in Pat Williams?

Starting to think that Brace and Deadrick are not going to be around this year or at least the first 6 weeks.  Could be looking for some depth at that position like you mentioned.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

i see it as the pats need someone else to take up blockers when haynesworth isnt on the field so teams cant just double team wilfork with no reprecutions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Dudes pushing 40. No thanks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

It's worth checking out

Ted Washington, half man / half mountain, was in his upper 30's when he anchored the middle of the Patriots' 2003-2004 Super Bowl team

Imagine Wilfork, Haynesworth, and Williams in short yardage situations... 1100+ pounds of man

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Williams was still effective the past few years. in a limited role, i could see him being a huge addition.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Pats interested in Pat Williams?:
    [QUOTE]Williams was still effective the past few years. in a limited role, i could see him being a huge addition.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

Certainly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

All over the NFL, coaches are rushing to the 3-4 and tossing their 4-3 guys in the dumpster.  Now here comes cutoff day.  BB is cutting back against the grain and picking up good 4-3 guys for a ham sandwich.  In tests of the new 4-3 without Albert Haynesworth so far, the other guys obliterated the Jaguars and Bucs offenses.  Based on last year's preseason which featured obliteration the first two games and some spectacularly bad giveaway plays the last two games, I expect no more obliterations in the fourth game, just giveaways, but I've seen enough.

Going forward, let's see who else gets kicked out.  Better yet, grab one of these older guys for a conditional seventh round pick.  It's fire sale week at Building 19, home of "always check the product out thoroughly before buying".