PATS + JAGS + TEBOW = 1ST ROUND TRADE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

PATS + JAGS + TEBOW = 1ST ROUND TRADE

No matter what the Jags do in this Draft ...
    They MUST come out of it with Tim Tebow wearing black , gold , n purple . 
      Despite what the experts say about Tebows ability ~ it's undeniable that he would be a cash cow in Jax .
      It makes no sense for a cash starved team to walk away from a golden opportunity to fill seats , sell merchandise and keep the franchise afloat financially .
       Will TEBOW light it up and have a Canton-bound career ?

Who knows ?...probably not ...probably not even close .

But the fact is it makes perfect sense to have Tebow suiting up in Northern Florida this fall .

What would make no sense is for the Jags to use their #10 pick on him .

Chances are Tebow will last thru-out the 1st round ( and maybe even the 2nd ) , but it's too big a risk for the Jags to take .

So  ...they NEED a trading partner .

The Pats may just be that partner.

A fair deal might look something like :

Jags - 1st (10) & 3rd ( 74 ) & 5th
    for
    Pats - 1st (22) & assigned 2nd (53 ) & 4th & 7th

I think there are plenty of reasons to believe the Pats & Jags could work out some type of deal come draft day .

1) Pats & Jags front office have recent history with pulling off Draft day trades ( see 2009 )
     2) Pats have no 3rd rounder and Jags have no 2nd (see 2009 )
     3) Belichick would covet moving up 12 spots and geting into the game earlier , rather than later
     ( I think BB really enjoys the role of sage ol' drafter ~and loves to controll the board ) 
        Ironically , he'd probably then wheel n deal the #10 pick by trading down a few more times in the 1st round and when the dust cleared  , it wouldn't surprise me if he'd parlayed his original mid 1st & mid 2nd into a mid 1st and an early 2nd  (The Sweet Spots in this draft ) with a couple extra picks accumilated as well .

Another possible scenario ( and much more unconventional ) would be for the Jags to make a selection with the #10 ( Dan Williams ? ) and when the Pats #22 pick came up , offering that player up in a pre-arranged package   contingent on Tebow still being there .
       This type of "prior agreement " trade has been done before - See Eli Manning / Rivers trade .

There looks to be a profit to be made with TEBOW-MANIA and if BB has an opportunity to be his p i m p ... I say Go for it .
      At any rate , I'm hoping BB puts on a show on Draft weekend but this time walks away with some name brand stars to go along with this years Volmers & Edelmans ...

Oh , yah , I'm also hopin' BB Vrabels Adalius Thomas into a deal ...any deal .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Re: PATS + JAGS + TEBOW = 1ST ROUND TRADE

Well you beat me to it. This is something that if you look at my last 20 or so post that Ive been all for. But Im for it more in terms of our needs then Jacksonvilles. Ive been saying all year that the PATS need a stud and need a couple of them to build and re-tool w/ . Jacksonville is a team that Ive been targeting because they cant afford this pick. And I have to disagree w/ the assumption that the Jags absolutely have to have Tebow. From what Ive been hearing theres more against bringing him in then there is for it. There might only be 7 people that go to the games , but 5 of them really know their football. Other teams that I see as potential trade partners would be Denver , SF , and Seattle. IMHO the first SF pick would make the most sense because I can see Seatlle wanting to keep their 2/d first and trade the number 6 pick. Im all for the PATS moving up and grabing a guy like Haden , maybe even Berry if we do end up at number 10 , or a guy like McClain. Any would be huge fills for a team that really needs to get younger and more importantly better. Ive also been saying that the PATS can take a  " best available " approach because of all the needs the have , both backer positions need to be upgraded , so does the CB , S , DE , and RG/T spots. If we cant move up and grab someone mentioned above and we dont see somebody falling Id try and trade out to the early second.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Sounds plausable but i'm not sure if the Jags will risk waiting 12 picks to get there man IF he is penciled in to be there man .... I'm sure the Bills could easierly  swoop at 20 or 21 and mess it up for the Jags.

The draft is like a glorified chess game... Everybody knows the pieces on the board, But not the opponents next move or game plan. This is what makes it so enjoyable to talk the talk on these potential deals !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I have heard several people talking about how Tebow will be a cash cow for the Jags. I don't see it. Yeah, he would sell a few extre jerseys but it would most likely be 3 or 4 more years before he makes it onto the field as a starter (people aren't going to pay money to see him sit on the bench). The Jags need to put fans in the stands right now. Three years down the road, might be too late. I'm just saying, I think this "Jags have to get Tebow" is a little overblown.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

You almost never see teams draft the local college hero.

Part of the reason is it puts too much pressure on both the team and the player to succeed instantly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

I spent several weekends down in florida during last fall. Tebow is worshiped more down there than God. seriously its nuts. Thats the same area where you see churches every mile.

even if hes on the bench for 3 years he still gives those fans hope. And will definately bring back fans either in the seats of the stadium or at least gain interest in the newspaper, radio shows, ect. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

the jags have no use for him as they have a QB who can win games now

tebow is garbage and the quicker people realize this...the less difficult reality will be when it sets in

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Hey Jimmy42Jack0 ,
     I used to tink Garrard was poised to take that next step and become an elite Qb , but instead he's regressed over the last couple seasons . Not sure if it's been partly do to the Jags front office's inability to get him anybody good to throw to ...

If I'm living in North Florida , I'd probably want 'em to roll the dice with Tebow , especially considering there have been numerous rumours that the Jags could leave Jax if their financial situation doesn't improve .
      If they could get Tebow AND their 2nd rounder from the Pats back , I think they might bite
    ( pun intended )

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: PATS + JAGS + TEBOW = 1ST ROUND TRADE:
     Hey Jimmy42Jack0 ,  I used to tink Garrard was poised to take that next step and become an elite Qb , but instead he's regressed over the last couple seasons . Not sure if it's been partly do to the Jags front office's inability to get him anybody good to throw to ...    If I'm living in North Florida , I'd probably want 'em to roll the dice with Tebow , especially considering there have been numerous rumours that the Jags could leave Jax if their financial situation doesn't improve .   If they could get Tebow AND their 2nd rounder from the Pats back , I think they might bite ( pun intended )
    Posted by CaptFoxboro

i think thats exactly it...he has no one to throw to and the division has improved overall

but i dont draft tebow because not only do i think he will be a bad player...but because one player does very little to change the fortunes of a franchise...i mean for as great as brady is...he doesnt become great without the likes of antoine smith, vrabel, law, etc leading the that 01 team

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

Jimmy without Brady in 01 we would have not won the superbowl. I still cant sit here today and say Bledsoe could have gotten us a ring eventhough he did what he had to do in the AFC championship game. The reason the Pats won that year was because Brady was that great. You can argue he had a great defense and all, but without Brady we dont have three rings or four super bowl appearances this decade. As far as Tebow goes I agree with you, I dont think he will be a great QB in the NFL either but who knows what a certain team may use him as. Then again he could surprise us all because he is a proven winner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Thats real good Capt.Foxboro. Do you think the Pats would trade down however? That'd be a gr8 spot to get some pretty solid talent @ #10(Spiller, D.Williams J. Pierre-Paul just to name a few). We got Mayo in the same slot. The Jags know they arent winning anytime soon, so that may be a possibility. I just pray we hit on ALL of our selections this yr. We need the help.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

there's def lot of craze for this guy but I don't see anyone drafting him in the first round I just don't, first round is for sure bets, hot bets, guys who are goona come and help out instantly, he is none of em. All he is a very good college football player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

even if hes on the bench for 3 years he still gives those fans hope. And will definately bring back fans either in the seats of the stadium or at least gain interest in the newspaper, radio shows, ect.   
    Posted by Boston-kyle

if the jags get him, he will not be on the bench. why do you think those fans would come to the game. leftwich would be gone, tebow offers the same at QB that leftwich does. leftwich is not a true drop back pro style QB, so the jags would have nothing to lose to start tebow and let him do the same crap at he did a Fla.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

BB does this every year with a Florida player and i am not sure when it is going to stop or when other teams will catch on, but he visits with these gators every year and he has only bought ONE since Urb has been there and we know what happened there.

I personally feel he plays the college card well by creating hype for teams with affiliated coaches that he beleives are in his fraternity...

But in the end these moves like the moves in 2008 when Jacksonville Jumped over the patriots for Harvey give the patriots another chance to get who they want by creating a reach.

For example two years ago BB had the draft buzzing about Gholston and Long and De/OLB hybrids were the most saught after position in the draft.........

Now he has them all convinced that it is impossible to pick a Hybrid in the first road becasue the position change is "too tough" to waist a top ten on a convertion project...

He is the best Chess player in the draft and i do not think Pioli had anything to do with that.......... Pioli and Dimitrioff were very good college scouting personnell director though, but so wasn't Greer.

In the end i think BB make too many moves and out plays himself at times as he did last year.... 

I beleive he rolled the dice too much, forfitted picks that could have helped the team this year.... 

We gave up a 5th for Greg Lewis
    A fifth for the TE from the BUC Smith
    Swapped pick in the Hobbs deal
    then gave up picks for Orhmberger
    PLUS a 3 and a 5 this year for burgess

all in all he made 7 moves and retained one good rookie who was IR'd and rented a vteran for one year in burgess

I like placating these teams and forcing there hand but can we just stay still for once  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

When has Bill Belichick and company traded up 11 spots in the first round from #21 to #10?  Never in living memory.  When has BB traded down?  Well, there was last year, moving from #23 to #26 and then out of the first round to #41, and there was  a trade from #7 to #10 two years ago.

The Jags can have #22, but the cost is a second rounder this year and their first rounder next year.  If the Jags don't have a second rounder, how about a third and fourth rounder?

Baltimore paid that same price for #21, which they used to take Kyle Boller, their quarterback of the future.  From the deal, BB eventually got Vince Wilfork and Eugene Wilson.  Wilson was a bit under par but Wilfork really paid the freight. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Thats real good Capt.Foxboro. Do you think the Pats would trade down however? That'd be a gr8 spot to get some pretty solid talent @ #10(Spiller, D.Williams J. Pierre-Paul just to name a few). We got Mayo in the same slot. The Jags know they arent winning anytime soon, so that may be a possibility. I just pray we hit on ALL of our selections this yr. We need the help.
    Posted by datdude401
    They got Mayo at #15. They had the #10 but traded down...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

BB does this every year with a Florida player and i am not sure when it is going to stop or when other teams will catch on, but he visits with these gators every year and he has only bought ONE since Urb has been there and we know what happened there. I personally feel he plays the college card well by creating hype for teams with affiliated coaches that he beleives are in his fraternity... But in the end these moves like the moves in 2008 when Jacksonville Jumped over the patriots for Harvey give the patriots another chance to get who they want by creating a reach. For example two years ago BB had the draft buzzing about Gholston and Long and De/OLB hybrids were the most saught after position in the draft......... Now he has them all convinced that it is impossible to pick a Hybrid in the first road becasue the position change is "too tough" to waist a top ten on a convertion project... He is the best Chess player in the draft and i do not think Pioli had anything to do with that.......... Pioli and Dimitrioff were very good college scouting personnell director though, but so wasn't Greer. In the end i think BB make too many moves and out plays himself at times as he did last year....  I beleive he rolled the dice too much, forfitted picks that could have helped the team this year....  We gave up a 5th for Greg Lewis A fifth for the TE from the BUC Smith Swapped pick in the Hobbs deal then gave up picks for Orhmberger PLUS a 3 and a 5 this year for burgess all in all he made 7 moves and retained one good rookie who was IR'd and rented a vteran for one year in burgess I like placating these teams and forcing there hand but can we just stay still for once  
    Posted by tagandtrade
    I would probably bet that BB trades out of the first round it's his M.O.,it doesn't makes his picks any harder in the second round as it would staying where he is at #22. Trading with the Jags is a nice dream but it ain't happening. Tebow will be drafted in the first round whether the Jags pull the trigger or not. Buffalo,Washington,Cleveland, Seattle,Arizona even the Colts will be looking for QBs in this draft. I didn't add the Rams to this list because they will be taking Bradford with the first pick.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Hey Paul_K ...nice pull with the Pats / Balt -Boller 1st round trade .

That was 2003 and after the Ravens initially passed on Boller with their 10th pick ( Terrell Suggs ) they cut that deal with BB for the Pats #20 .

BB was a mad scientist in that draft ... Moving up to take Ty Warren with 13th pick  , and Eugene Wilson in a trade with the Texans in the 2nd rnd... As I recall we ended up moving all around the board that weekend ( that was the draft we also got Asante Samuel in the 4th )
      In fact , that was a wicked talented 2003 Draft Class ...besides Suggs , the 1st round alone produced Carson Palmer , Andre Johnson ,Troy Palumalu , Nnamdi Asomugha , Larry Johnson , Dallas Clark , the Vikes DT Kevin Williams , and the Panthers OT Jordan Gross .

I understand that the "experts " are calling this one a deep draft , but it's got a long way to go to top 2003 .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Jimmy without Brady in 01 we would have not won the superbowl. I still cant sit here today and say Bledsoe could have gotten us a ring eventhough he did what he had to do in the AFC championship game. The reason the Pats won that year was because Brady was that great. You can argue he had a great defense and all, but without Brady we dont have three rings or four super bowl appearances this decade. As far as Tebow goes I agree with you, I dont think he will be a great QB in the NFL either but who knows what a certain team may use him as. Then again he could surprise us all because he is a proven winner.
    Posted by tommy3123

i agree with you really...all im saying is brady doesnt turn into the guy we know now without that defense propelling them to their first super bowl...i mean who knows...if bledsoe never gets hurt...maybe tom never starts for the pats?

but back to the point of the thread...there is zero chance that the jags take him because jags fans and gators fans tend to be the same people...

if they take him...its later in the draft and are just giving the kid a shot

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

The Bills also need to pick someone to fill seats. Clausen or Tebow could do this for them.

I would still pick Clausen over all other QB's despite recent downgrades by ESPN Draft-niks. Jimmy is a proven come-back QB who has lived under fish bowl type pressure at ND and can handle the big time. He is a bit like BB, viewed as arrogant by outsiders and loved by his team-mates!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'd advocated making this trade on another post, but thinking about it some more, there would have to be one special player for the Pats to move up that far. A kid BB can't go without to make that kind of move. 

Looking up, I don't see anyone that fits that bill at positions of need.

Dan Williams? (would be nice, but we have some decent DT's for now, unless BB thinks he can play 3-4 DE)
    JPP/Morgan? (perhaps, but I think they are too light to play DE in our 3-4, unless we switch to 4-3 primarily or use them at OLB?)
    Spiller (a true playmaker, but we are stacked at RB. someone would have to depart, and I don't think Maroney is being traded)..plus decent RB talent can be had in later rounds)
    McClain? 50/50..would not go that high for him personally.

So,looking at the top 10-15 talent, I can't see anyone that is a must have based on position need/value, given the draft is deep. This draft is about depth, not elite talent. The only elite talent in this draft is perhaps Suh, McCoy, Bradford, Berry and they will all be long gone by 10. 

Please name me a player that can be had at 10 that warrants that bold a move?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Further to the post....if the Jags are targeting Teblow and want him in round 2, then to me give the Jags our last 2nd rounder (53), and they give us their 2011 1st rounder plus a 5th this year. I think I would make that deal. 

I can see trading with the Jags, giving up one of our 2nds to them for something this and next year, but not trading 1sts with them unless someone can name me a player elite enough at a position of need that BB would move up that far for.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The Bills also need to pick someone to fill seats. Clausen or Tebow could do this for them. Posted by NYC

i doubt either would help sell tickets in Buff. only a winning TEAM will fill that stadium up

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I have no idea what you are talking about PATSLIFER , JPP/Morgan being to light for OLB in a 3-4? Morgan's 6-3/270 and JPP is 6-5-270 , both are big enough to the OLB position and play the DE in a 4-3. Although I cant see Morgan playing OLB in a 3-4 system , when he did in college he looked terrible. IMHO and from what I hear JPP is a natural 4-3 DE , besides I cant see him having to play in space anytime soon , among other OLB duties. In terms of Spiller , well he isnt worth a top ten pick. RB's can be found in almost any round , plus I dont think hes an every down back , I just dont see him as a top ten pick. And how can you say we're stacked at the RB position LOL , are you serious? Im not even going to get into that. And I have to disagree (w/ everything ) w/  your assesment that we dont need have any must needs , this team is full of must needs. There are big holes at the OLB/ILB positions , S and CB , DE , RG , WR and RB. We can grab McClain , Haden or maybe even Berry at ten. I personally like Earl Thomas  , but both are potential superstars and have everything you need/ all the tools to become one. The PATS have many needs , I cant see anyone not realizing that? Theres a lack of talent/skill at so many position and so many players that are getting older every year. And you like many believe that this is such draft and like many probably just listen/watch this on TV/radio and believe it to be true. Theres weak classes QB , RB , CB  and you can say the same thing about the WR and OLB groups.Let me ask you AND EVERYBODY  this , if this is such a deep draft then why is everyone trying to trade into the 2nd/3rd rounds. Wheres the depth in the first , people would looking to get in and pay the money if guys were really work it. Theres ALOT of mediocre guys who havent seperated themselves from the next guy in this years draft.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Hey Paul_K ...nice pull with the Pats / Balt -Boller 1st round trade .  That was 2003 and after the Ravens initially passed on Boller with their 10th pick ( Terrell Suggs ) they cut that deal with BB for the Pats #20 .  BB was a mad scientist in that draft ...  As I recall we ended up moving all around the board that weekend ...
    Posted by CaptFoxboro

BB is accelerating.  Last year I counted something like 10 trades.