Pats/Jets game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Pats/Jets game

OK so how do you all think this is gonna shake out next week? Give your score predictions and anything else you might want to add. does anyone think hernandez will be back? I sure think we could use him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Pats/Jets game

My own spreadsheet has the Patriots by 8.8 points.  Monday night's game should have little impact on this number, because neither team has played Indy. 

The 8.8 calculation includes walking wounded from 2 or 3 games ago.  It would be nice if some of the Patriots' walking wounded were to get healthy.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

The Jets offense is awful.  What worries me is the Pats D makes even the worst look good.  Let's hope that changes this week.  If sanchez throws up 300 yards on the Pats, all hope is truly lost...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wouldn't it be nice to see the Pats D do to the Jets what the Ravens did last night?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: Pats/Jets game:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats/Jets game : Sounds great, Phat Rex. So, you drop Haverhill Bob and now use this to think it can withstand your cover being blown? You've done a nice job trying to fool people, but it's not going to work. "All hope is lost" if Sanchez throws for 300? The new 300 is the old 200. So, say pre-lockout before the Polian/Goodell ordered offensive aerial league, if Sanchez threw for 200 yards I would laugh and know he has to have a run game to even do that. Just like last night, Phat Rex/"Patsman, 2 and now 3". You're clearly trying to attach yourself as a troll to this passing yards thing to make yourself feel better about a weak Jets Run D and Sanchez's pedning bust status at 14 million dollars per year.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Only you Rusty Can could turn "the Jets offense is awful" into looking for a silver lining.  No surprise your still going on about your conspiracy theories on how everyone is someone else under a different sign.

Here's hoping you put me back on ignore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

[QUOTE]Wouldn't it be nice to see the Pats D do to the Jets what the Ravens did last night?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

sure would be nice, unfortunately we don't have two first ballot HOF on our D

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

I said this last night in another thread. Sanchez as a QB has just not progressed enough to really take control of his team. Don't ignore the obvious with him. It's screen's , seems , quick outs for the most part. It's been said before , again , don't ignore with him. Keller is absolutely this guy's favorite target by miles. You take him away and you essentially take away almost half their offense. Plax has been non-factor thus far. The real problem as I see it , is their O-Line and running game. Their O-Line looks confused and overmatched. They just haven't been protecting Sanchez so far. Their running game has really suffered because of this. Combined this with the fact that , at least imo , Greene isn't very good to begin with. The guy still can't block and they leave him out there anyway. As a result Sanchez is sailing balls and off target.
    Their defense is in a little bit of trouble as well. Their D-Line is getting pushed around and run on. Jenkins was a huge impact player for them. Their still have trouble putting pressure on the QB , which is just crucial for them. I think our O-Line has a big advantage here. Other weak points include their backers and S's , they can't cover. Our TE's and 2nd , 3rd Wr's have a big advantage here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .   somebody has to say it:

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

Name another QB taken in the top 10 who is worse.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Ryan Leaf.  That is all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Pats should win despite Rex having built the team to beat the Pats specifically. The jets will likely not make the playoffs this year.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]I said this last night in another thread. Sanchez as a QB has just not progressed enough to really take control of his team. Don't ignore the obvious with him. It's screen's , seems , quick outs for the most part. It's been said before , again , don't ignore with him. Keller is absolutely this guy's favorite target by miles. You take him away and you essentially take away almost half their offense. Plax has been non-factor thus far. The real problem as I see it , is their O-Line and running game. Their O-Line looks confused and overmatched. They just haven't been protecting Sanchez so far. Their running game has really suffered because of this. Combined this with the fact that , at least imo , Greene isn't very good to begin with. The guy still can't block and they leave him out there anyway. As a result Sanchez is sailing balls and off target. Their defense is in a little bit of trouble as well. Their D-Line is getting pushed around and run on. Jenkins was a huge impact player for them. Their still have trouble putting pressure on the QB , which is just crucial for them. I think our O-Line has a big advantage here. Other weak points include their backers and S's , they can't cover. Our TE's and 2nd , 3rd Wr's have a big advantage here.
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

The Oline looks confused against a Ravens defense last night that disguised well and threw a lot of different blitz packages at them. Sanchez is just not good enough to have his Oline adjust, and the Oline without Mangold is just not that great.
    The key is, can the Pats draw somethign up akin to what the Ravens did, bring pressure on Sacheeze and confuse him? If we can dial up a modicum of pressure and keep Sancheeze moving, i think we can win the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think Pats win assumiong they can take out Holmes and Keller. In order to do this, they must manufacture a pass rush. Can they? My key to the game is Haynesworth playing and playing well.
    I thought Ellis embarassed himself against the Raiders. He must show up against the Jets. Lets see what kind of pride he has.
    My ear on the ground is telling me that the Pats will have a new safety in the fold for the bye week. Trying to get a name, but dont have it yet.
    Saw Bruschi at dinner Saturday night, he picked the Raiders out right (glad he was wrong!) and said Seymour would dominate witha  chip on his shoulder. Hoping Ellis can dominate, but a bit smarter than Seymour did

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Bruschi is wrong on a lot of counts, but he has the locker room down pat, and knows BB better than any of the ex players I know, including Troy Brown. For information regarding the defense, he is really plugged into Pepper.
    Kudos to Fauria as well. For a guy who wasn't here a long time, he knows this offense like no one else....most likely better than Hernandez...Chad as well. Complete understanding of what BB, OB and TB are doing. Smart guy. Could be a great coach if he chose.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats/Jets game : The Oline looks confused against a Ravens defense last night that disguised well and threw a lot of different blitz packages at them. Sanchez is just not good enough to have his Oline adjust, and the Oline without Mangold is just not that great. The key is, can the Pats draw somethign up akin to what the Ravens did, bring pressure on Sacheeze and confuse him? If we can dial up a modicum of pressure and keep Sancheeze moving, i think we can win the game.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

They not only looked confused, but overmatched.  I saw a couple of pancakes on the bull rushes.  A rookie center is no match for any decent defense, never mind the Ravens.  Sanchez will not make it through the year if he continues to take the beating he has.  That may have been his worst game as a pro.  If we can generate anywhere near the pass rush that, I think we'll easily win.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I wonder how many times Brady has watched the playoff game in the last few months? He will find the weaknesses this time around. Sanchez will put up yards, but not many scores.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry. Not buying it. I highly doubt Pepper calls Tedy Brushi. I doubt BB would like to hear that sort of thing about Pepper Johnson. None of those guys are in the locker room. Tedy is wrong a lot more than he is right when it comes to the ESPN based anti-BB agenda they want out of their talking heads. That's what happens when you sell out. You can look foolish from time to time.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Rusty,
    You can believe what you want to believe. But I happen to know you are incorrect. I am not saying that anyone is blabbing about the game plans, but 100% some of the ex players (as well as us in the media) are in the locker room. And 100%, some of the coaches are asking some of the ex players to either work with a player, or what is the opinion of said player (100% sure Bruschi was asked about Fletcher)

Sections
Shortcuts