Pats/Jets game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Re: Pats/Jets game

In Response to Re: Pats/Jets game:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats/Jets game : Maybe, I thought that in January.  It was Baltimore's D line that won that game last night.  To paraphrase South Park, "I haven't seen a Mexican take a beating like that since..."  Do you think we have that kind of ability? Who's gonna be Ed Reed?  Who's gonna be Ngata?  Lewis?
    Posted by HaverhillBob[/QUOTE]

If Haynesworth is playing , we will get pressure , some push up the middle. That's a big ifthough. Granted our defense is not the Ravens by any stretch , but the jets , as a team look bad right now. On both sides of the ball. I would think and hope we see some more blitzing , especially up the middle. The jets offense hasn't clicked all year. As I expected Plax loos like Vick the first year he came back from prison. He doesn't look quick coming off the line at all. Same thing coming in and out of his breaks. LOL Funny how doing a little stretch will do that to someone. As for the jets defense , I haven't seen them look this bad in years. Their D-line is getting pushed around , manhandled in some cases. I think we have a big advantage there. Plus their S's and backers can't cover for chit. Another big advantage for us. Come to think of it I can't think of many advantages for them , If at all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]My own spreadsheet has the Patriots by 8.8 points.  Monday night's game should have little impact on this number, because neither team has played Indy.  The 8.8 calculation includes walking wounded from 2 or 3 games ago.  It would be nice if some of the Patriots' walking wounded were to get healthy.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

spreadsheet? spreadsheet?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i'm kidding. i have my own.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Rex Ryan said Ground and Pound is back, and this is good news for the Pats D since the Jets running game is ranked 30th. ...
    Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]

not if the pats keep putting 7 in the box to stop the run. in fact that's what i think ryan wants the pats to do to open things up for sanchez.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Jets are in turmoil right now ... but you have to think they are going to be fired up for the game. 

I hope they use Hernandez more often this time. In the playoffs they sat him a lot and used Crumpler ... probably because he is a better blocker and they were hoping to run it. But Hernandez can clear more running lanes by taking defenders with him ... and he won't drop TDs when he is wide open, lol. 

After the beat down the Raiders gave the Jests run "D" I am hoping to see Ridley get some more reps ... and NE to use that to get some PA shots down the seams to Hern and Gronkowski. 

A big matchup will be whatever WR they have Cromartie on ... he is the weak link you need to attack. As long as you aren't running deep fly routes against him he is only an average corner.

My guess is that Revis will split time between Branch and Welker ... so that means Ocho is key. 

Unless of course Taylor Price is finally on the field ... in which case I will be thriled because I wanna see this kid play.

On defense NE needs to get after Sanchez. This is important. A HUGE key is how ready Haynesworth is to play. If he is good to go, NE can get some interior pressure. I'm pretty sure BB picked Haynesworth up after watching the tape of how dismal the defensive line was at getting pressure of Sancheez last winter, so this is his time alone with Carter and Anderson ... the guys that NE added to fix the broken defense. 

And speaking of which: Arrington was exposed in that last game. NE went out and got Dowling, a big physical corner, probably with big WRs that teams like New Jersey used so effectively against NE last season. If he can come in and battle with these guys on jump balls, it would be a huge bonus. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]Rkarp do you know the coaches on this team personally? Or are you simply saying that in your opinion ex players speak to coaches about currant players? Cause it sounds like its your opinion and you have no facts to back it up but yet you keep saying it as if its "100%" fact which does not seem to be the case. Please explain.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    Killa,
    I do not know the coaches. I do know some of the ex players in the media who do know the coaches very well, and it is clear that these ex players are a good source of information and opinion. Often times, these ex players also share their
    opinions with the rest of us who are waiting around.
    My comment about something being "100% fact" is based on some one telling me directly a conversation they had with some one else.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I selected "Jets win by a little" because I don't want to jinx the Pats.  Besides, there was no "Pats win by a little" choice. 

With all of the injuries the Pats have at key positions, their woeful defense, the Jets tall receivers with whom the Pats match poorly, and Ryan's ability to out-coach BB in head-to-head matches, I don't think there is room for exuberant confidence. I would be happy with a one-point win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

This is a huge game for so early in the season. If the Pats can take it not only does it send the Jests below .500 but it will cause the Rex Ryan ship to start the spiral alot of us predicted 2 years ago when the Phat one brought in so many questionable character guys. They will turn on each other! This has already started with Holmes calling Sancheese out, etc. If the Pats lose Rex buys some more time and the Pats psyche against the Jests will only get worse-they have beat us more often since the Phat one has arrived. Go Pats big win coming this Sunday!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]This is a huge game for so early in the season. If the Pats can take it not only does it send the Jests below .500 but it will cause the Rex Ryan ship to start the spiral alot of us predicted 2 years ago when the Phat one brought in so many questionable character guys. They will turn on each other! This has already started with Holmes calling Sancheese out, etc. If the Pats lose Rex buys some more time and the Pats psyche against the Jests will only get worse-they have beat us more often since the Phat one has arrived. Go Pats big win coming this Sunday!!!
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

Agreed , this game is a big game , no way around. There's a decent chance we win and Buffalo loses to Phila this week. That would be pretty big considering the Bills play another tough game @ NY Giants next week. This game comes at a perfect time for us. We can't complain about injuries , every team is dealing with them now. If their not , they will be by season's end. The jets are in free fall right now after 2 tough loses against Balty and Oakland. Both of their lines look terrible and are getting pushed around. Sanchez is off target , sailing balls and running for his life. They have no running game and Plax has been a disappointed so far. I think our O-Line has a big advantage here and we have the guys to exploit their S's and backers. Big game for us here. Lets go Pats!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

This game will probably define the Jet's season so I expect them to hold nothing back.  I picked the Pats to win by 10+ but that may have been wishful thinking. I just hope that Sanchez isn't able to use this game as a stepping stone in regaining his confidence as a passer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

The Jets are a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.  We returned much of the same D (10 out of 11) and yet we have had major issues with physical teams so far. The saving grace to all of this is that the pats are not a physical team although I can see us making them look very physical if we play the same way we have been for the last couple of weeks.

What we need is our Oline to sure up, it is time for our RT to play like he did in the playoffs against the steelers and colts. He went against some of the best DEs in the league and did a very good job under the spotlight of the playoffs. Mangold's return(I hope) will go a long way with that. Sanchize getting buried on 3 step drops are an embarrassment...

We need to set the edge on D and our LBs need to do a better job of tackling.  I have not seen as many whiffs on tackles all of last year as I have seen so far from my LBs in the first few games this year.

Also, RKarp, I appreciate the insight.  Dont get discouraged by Crusty, he is a very little man and has some serious issues that a shrink would have to be at the top of his game to fix...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

PS good to see you woody, hope you had a good offseason.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]PS good to see you woody, hope you had a good offseason.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Good to see you too.  

Mangold would help the Jets tremendously, especially with such a weak pass rush from the Pats.  Sanchez has not looked to good in the last two games, but he has a knack for doing surprising things under pressure.  There will additional pressure on him and the Jets to perform in this gaem, so I am not counting any chickens for my Pats.  Usually an exciting game, win or lose.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Why does every thread turn into a Rusty vs. maybe trolls debate?  It kills the threads.  Might be fantasy fun for those participating but for the rest of us all that stuff is just in the way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]The Jets are a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.  We returned much of the same D (10 out of 11) and yet we have had major issues with physical teams so far. The saving grace to all of this is that the pats are not a physical team although I can see us making them look very physical if we play the same way we have been for the last couple of weeks. What we need is our Oline to sure up, it is time for our RT to play like he did in the playoffs against the steelers and colts. He went against some of the best DEs in the league and did a very good job under the spotlight of the playoffs. Mangold's return(I hope) will go a long way with that. Sanchize getting buried on 3 step drops are an embarrassment... We need to set the edge on D and our LBs need to do a better job of tackling.  I have not seen as many whiffs on tackles all of last year as I have seen so far from my LBs in the first few games this year. Also, RKarp, I appreciate the insight.  Dont get discouraged by Crusty, he is a very little man and has some serious issues that a shrink would have to be at the top of his game to fix...  
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Now you quote Winston Churchill with out attribution and to no purpose I might add.  I will now wait for you to call me names again, because you are sooo Smart..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Following the embarrassing loss to the Ravens on national television, Jets' GM Mike Tannenbaum is facing the heat from the New York press. The main complaint is his failure to acquire adequate OL depth in the off-season: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/broken_line_DLZTFKYNIJFpBblCl4WrvN

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

ahh des, I only said you were crazier than bat sh!t because you said to call you crazy!!!!  Kind of like the naked gun where he says, surely you must be joking and the old guy replies, please dont call me shirley but not exactly like that.  I have responded to your posts many times and never let things get personal, between us atleast, so to sum it up, LET IT DIE DOOD...

As for Churchill, I believe he was referring to russia and not my beloved jets : P but maybe I should have cited him on that quote anyway. I will leave that to the grammar police.

TP, I think the main problem is that we have a guy starting at RT who many still think of as a back up.  add that to the fact that we have our Probowl center out and and his back up is injured.  We have Vlad but he seems to be another year out with the lockout, he was probably hurt most as far as developement...That being said, our Oline is a HUGE problem that we need to fix if we are to go to Indy this year.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

If we get Hernandez,Bodden,Dowling,Vollmer, and Fat Albert back the Pats will massacre the Jets

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts