Pats jobbed by refs, AGAIN, third game this year. What is going on with that?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

Pats jobbed by refs, AGAIN, third game this year. What is going on with that?

I don't even normally b-tch about the refs, but last night's game was even worse than the Jets "illegal FG block" and the Panthers "pick up the PI flag" calls.

On the Broncos tying drive in the 4th Q, the Pats stopped them twice, and then flags come flying for the most trivial contact.  This, after they let go everything against the Pats receivers before that.  Oh, and one killer PI call on the Pats was the exact same situation as the Carolina play last week.  Manning missed the WR by 20 yards, but funny how the refs didn't pick that flag up, like they did last week. I guess that ball was "catchable" even though it was in a different area code.

The refs basically rigged it so Denver ties the game on that last drive.  The Pats should have won by 10 in regulation if it wasn't for shady ref calls.  

So ok, I guess they are calling PI contact extremely close, right?  Ok, let's go to OT...Oh look, 3rd down on a critical drive, and the Pats WR is mugged, jumped, and tackled before the ball gets there.  NO FLAG.  Nope, no PI there.  Then people are like, "Brady's whining!"  YEAH, no sh-t!  Because the level of incompetence or shadiness by these refs is off the charts. 

They show the replays of all these plays, and it's like W-T-F are the refs looking at?  How do the Broncos get 2 phantom ticky-tack calls to tie the game, then the Pats can't get the most obvious PI call in NFL history on the next drive?

They need to get this sh-t with the refs in order, because it is seriously turning into the NBA.  The refs are just arbitrarily gifting games to teams, every week now. It's completely random what they call, and nothing to do with rules. You watch a game for 3 hours, just to see who the refs declare wins.  I'm really getting sick of it.  

Ok, end of rant. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Pats jobbed by refs, AGAIN, third game this year. What is going on with that?

In response to VeritasMD's comment:

I don't even normally b-tch about the refs, but last night's game was even worse than the Jets "illegal FG block" and the Panthers "pick up the PI flag" calls.

On the Broncos tying drive in the 4th Q, the Pats stopped them twice, and then flags come flying for the most trivial contact.  This, after they let go everything against the Pats receivers before that.  Oh, and one killer PI call on the Pats was the exact same situation as the Carolina play last week.  Manning missed the WR by 20 yards, but funny how the refs didn't pick that flag up, like they did last week. I guess that ball was "catchable" even though it was in a different area code.

The refs basically rigged it so Denver ties the game on that last drive.  The Pats should have won by 10 in regulation if it wasn't for shady ref calls.  

So ok, I guess they are calling PI contact extremely close, right?  Ok, let's go to OT...Oh look, 3rd down on a critical drive, and the Pats WR is mugged, jumped, and tackled before the ball gets there.  NO FLAG.  Nope, no PI there.  Then people are like, "Brady's whining!"  YEAH, no sh-t!  Because the level of incompetence or shadiness by these refs is off the charts. 

They show the replays of all these plays, and it's like W-T-F are the refs looking at?  How do the Broncos get 2 phantom ticky-tack calls to tie the game, then the Pats can't get the most obvious PI call in NFL history on the next drive?

They need to get this sh-t with the refs in order, because it is seriously turning into the NBA.  The refs are just arbitrarily gifting games to teams, every week now. It's completely random what they call, and nothing to do with rules. You watch a game for 3 hours, just to see who the refs declare wins.  I'm really getting sick of it.  

Ok, end of rant. 

the non-call when Brady ran down the field into the secondary was blatant.   That ball would have been caught and the receiver was twisted around .  F' the NFL...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Pats jobbed by refs, AGAIN, third game this year. What is going on with that?

I'm right there with you. There is absolutely no consistency. It is really bringing down the game right now. That non-call was atrocious, and if that led to a Pats loss all hell would break loose. Ridiculous and I hope that the fact the Pats still won doesn't make people overlook that call.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Ok, end of rant. 

the non-call when Brady ran down the field into the secondary was blatant.   That ball would have been caught and the receiver was twisted around .  F' the NFL...

We were damn lucky to win the game last night.....and yes the refs have not been giving the Pats any breaks at all.....and yes that is 3 games this season where the refs have cost us dearly.....what is behind this...is the commish....I want some answers....the integrity of the NFL is in serious question

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to jaxpat's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

Ok, end of rant. 

We were damn lucky to win the game last night.....and yes the refs have not been giving the Pats any breaks at all.....and yes that is 3 games this season where the refs have cost us dearly.....what is behind this...is the commish....I want some answers....the integrity of the NFL is in serious question

I don't know how this can be overlookled... Yes ,  Patriots won the game ,  wow.  the other mindblowing call was the offensive PI on Amendola...

Collinsworth was going  "if they're going to call THAT then they need to throw a flag on every Denver passing play....!"

Its like the Patriots have to play to a different set of rules than the rest of the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

They let A LOT of stuff go in that game on both sides. They let them play for the most part.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

They let A LOT of stuff go in that game on both sides. They let them play for the most part.

I'm sorry but the refs let a lot of stuff go for the Broncos but they're was a lot of ticky tack stuff called agains the Pats. 90% of the time the Pats are not getting any breaks from the refs and especially when they play the Payton's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

broncos penalties 9-85 pats 5-36

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Aqib had that interception fair and square

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I wasn't overly upset with the call on Nink. They could have called it, or not, but he did impede the guy. You don't want PI penalties? Keep your f'n hands off the f'n guy. Simple.

The non-call on the Thompkins PI was clearly wrong.

But none of these are as egregious as those that decide the game in the final play or two.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

broncos penalties 9-85 pats 5-36

If you don't commit penalties, it's pretty hard to call them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Why is anyone surprised?  We should be used to this type of officiating by now.  And really, if the Pats don't turn over the ball three times in the 1st half, this game wouldn't have been that close.  

I agree that the reffing sux, and all of this only a couple seasons removed from the scab officials "ruining" games.  

Anyone see this today?  From OBF's article

"It's reassuring that the NFL has its focus on important things like idiot Tweets from players but can't keep the lights on during the Super Bowl, ensure that facilities have clocks and/or operators that work or go a season without someone being charged with murder."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Ok, end of rant. 

PARANOIA THE DESTROYER

kinks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The call on Talib was lame. Thompkins got held worse and there was a no-call.

If Talib's INT was not reversed, the Patriots would have routed the donkos.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I liked that the refs were letting them play. I thought that favored the Patriots defensive backs the most.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

I have to admit that I'm not a person who complains about refs as well, but it is certainly clear that the refs in the NFL are making many more controversial calls than in past years.  It is sad that it is so blatant and obvious to the casual fan, but it should be expected.

The true problem is that football is the most heavily gambled upon sport in the world.  Gambling invites corruption and corruption kills the integrity of the game.  I don't like any penalty where the total result of the flag is more than 15 yards.  Pass interference calls are the one thing that have changed the face of the game and can swing a team's chances with a single call.  I think it is time to limit the damage that can be done with penalties and move back to the days when the max penalty was 15 yards regardless of the foul. 

I hope that this can at least curb the ease in that refs can manipulate the outcomes of the games and turn it back into a game that is decided by the guys in pads and not stripes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

I'm right there with you. There is absolutely no consistency. It is really bringing down the game right now. That non-call was atrocious, and if that led to a Pats loss all hell would break loose. Ridiculous and I hope that the fact the Pats still won doesn't make people overlook that call.

Agree ...  especially how the story would have been so different if the Pats had lost....  but irony being that winning makes it worse since they broke the mold by winning.  the obvious argument would have become tired but now it stays fresh since Brady OVERCAME the BB-Goodell-NFL-bias and won the game...

Think about that one....lol.

Sections
Shortcuts