PATS just signed another mid-level guy to an extension.. like the strategy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

PATS just signed another mid-level guy to an extension.. like the strategy?

dan connoly is the latest this year to get a 2 year extension thru 2011. he now joins the likes of TBC, Rob Ninkovich, eric alexander, nick kaczur, and sam aiken who the pats have gone way out of their way to resign during the year or given deals the pats could have apparently waited on. guess its about bill being anticipatory about the uncapped year. come 2011, our edge in that area is OVER. pats can now focus exclusively on the higher end guys like wilfork, mankins, brady or a julius peppers during the offseason. i do not see other teams doing this as much, this could be another one of those belichick "genius moves"... 

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALLL.............

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Re: PATS just signed another mid-level guy to an extension.. like the strategy?

He seems to be a descent backup and a team needs versatile backups.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

Yes, I think an extension is a endorsement of a players current performance and future potential.  It's not like there signing top flight FAs here.  These are players that contribute on special teams or serve as versatile backups.  Every team needs these kind of players. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I don't mind the extensions for Connolly ang Ninkovich, but Kazcur. I seriously do not get that move.

Sections
Shortcuts