Pats may be a tad bit overrated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Pats may be a tad bit overrated

Best team we've beaten the last two years has been a HOU and DEN team that most Pats fans call frauds.

Barely squeaked by the Ravens in last seasons AFC championship game.

It's a young defense that I trust will get better with time (and hopefully with more luck in the injury department)

It's the offense that I worry about. Can't be that good in the regular season and then become this inept during the playoffs. Take away the divisional games, and this Pats offense hasn't played well in an AFC Championship/Super Bowl game in forever.

Playing in this many AFC championship and Super Bowls is impressive, don't get me wrong, but these offensive shortcomings need to be a concern. Points scored since 2007 in AFC championships/ Super Bowls: 21, 14, 23, 17, 13.

For offenses that have usually been ranked in the top 3 for those seasons, that needs to be looked into.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Pats may be a tad bit overrated

Brady as a playoff QB is way overrated......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

defense played good enough to win....offense didnt. gronk injury hurt, but still no excuses. brady sucked.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Neither the offense nor defense played very well, and the coached didn't coach very well.

They lost as a team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

defense played good enough to win....offense didnt. gronk injury hurt, but still no excuses. brady sucked.

You are ridiculous. The defense was freaking terrible once Talib went out. The offense stunk also but please do not be a complete tool.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

You are ridiculous. The defense was freaking terrible once Talib went out. The offense stunk also but please do not be a complete tool.

yes the defense was not as good without talib in the game, but they made enough stops throughout the game to give the pats offense a chance. im just sick of the excuses for the offense. i really thought this year was different, turned out i was wrong.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

We've won 3 playoff games in 5 years.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

In response to SUZUKIGSXR's comment:

They don't have any of the 6'3 220 lb athletic, Brandon Marshal recievers who can make plays downfield on 3rd and 10. Just little slow smurfs running around and unable to get open, and look like little finesse pansies when they get smacked around

Maybe we need two more slot receivers running routes at the same time...that's what Brady shoots for...he doesn't spread it around like he did when he was winning super bowls. He has never been very good at the bomb...mostly overthrows or way outof bounds. 25% chance he hits a bomb, so defenses crowd the short routes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Best team we've beaten the last two years has been a HOU and DEN team that most Pats fans call frauds.

Barely squeaked by the Ravens in last seasons AFC championship game.

It's a young defense that I trust will get better with time (and hopefully with more luck in the injury department)

It's the offense that I worry about. Can't be that good in the regular season and then become this inept during the playoffs. Take away the divisional games, and this Pats offense hasn't played well in an AFC Championship/Super Bowl game in forever.

Playing in this many AFC championship and Super Bowls is impressive, don't get me wrong, but these offensive shortcomings need to be a concern. Points scored since 2007 in AFC championships/ Super Bowls: 21, 14, 23, 17, 13.

For offenses that have usually been ranked in the top 3 for those seasons, that needs to be looked into.

THE DEFENSE AIN'T SB QUALITY plain and simple.  He has been re building since 2007.  THEY still need CORNERBACKS, SAFETY's and PASS RUSHERS besides Jones.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

stop with the freakin INJURY exuse, every year,  that's why you have DEPTH.  Talib goes out and your whole D collapses,  ridiculous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

They don't have any of the 6'3 220 lb athletic, Brandon Marshal recievers who can make plays downfield on 3rd and 10. Just little slow smurfs running around and unable to get open, and look like little finesse pansies when they get smacked around

EXACTLY.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

EXACTLY.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

yes the defense was not as good without talib in the game, but they made enough stops throughout the game to give the pats offense a chance. im just sick of the excuses for the offense. i really thought this year was different, turned out i was wrong.

No one is making excuses for the offense but the defense stunk so stop being a tool. If you can't admit the obvious when it stares you in the face then no one will ever be able to help you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Benkarkis's comment:

stop with the freakin INJURY exuse, every year,  that's why you have DEPTH.  Talib goes out and your whole D collapses,  ridiculous.

i was talking about the offensive injuries, not defensive injuries. im not pleased with the defensive effort, but they did well enough to win the game. the offense choked again in the playoffs. no excuse for not scoring in the 2nd half.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

ZERO pass rush tonight..../

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

There aren't too many of those. And neither the Ravens nor the 49ers have that. Well the Niners have Moss, but he's not the same as he once was.

I'm also beginning to question Brady's confidence in close games against good competition. Failed to close out games on offense in Week 3, against SEA, AFC championship last year, etc...My confidence in Brady is as low as its ever been. 

Even though SEA didn't win their game, I pretty much knew Wilson would drive the team down the field for the TD. Didn't feel that way with Brady. Something about his body language leads me to believe he has no confidence in himself in these type of games too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

In response to 3SB-rings' comment:

Maybe we need two more slot receivers running routes at the same time...that's what Brady shoots for...he doesn't spread it around like he did when he was winning super bowls. He has never been very good at the bomb...mostly overthrows or way outof bounds. 25% chance he hits a bomb, so defenses crowd the short routes.

Those who don't remember history (or perhaps never watched the games, are likely to post something really dumb about how things used to be so different.

Today, top 3 receivers: Welker 8 catches, Hernandez 9, Lloyd 7. (6 receivers used)

2004 superbowl, Branch 11 catches, Dillon 3 , Faulk 2 catches (7 receivers used)

2003 SB  Branch 10 catches, Brown 8, Givens 5 (6 receivers used)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

In response to Benkarkis's comment:

i was talking about the offensive injuries, not defensive injuries. im not pleased with the defensive effort, but they did well enough to win the game. the offense choked again in the playoffs. no excuse for not scoring in the 2nd half.

No shame in giving up 28 points to an offensive jaugernaut like Joe Flacco and the Ravens.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Pats "a tad" overrated?? You think?? LOL!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

There aren't too many of those. And neither the Ravens nor the 49ers have that. Well the Niners have Moss, but he's not the same as he once was.

I'm also beginning to question Brady's confidence in close games against good competition. Failed to close out games on offense in Week 3, against SEA, AFC championship last year, etc...My confidence in Brady is as low as its ever been. 

Even though SEA didn't win their game, I pretty much knew Wilson would drive the team down the field for the TD. Didn't feel that way with Brady. Something about his body language leads me to believe he has no confidence in himself in these type of games too.

He lost something in that SB loss to the Giants the first time and he never got it back.  He'll never be the same unless they win a big game they're not supposed to win in the playoffs.  He's just about done. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

ZERO pass rush tonight..../

They almost never have any... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

So that comeback against the Forty-Niners (four touchdowns in fifteen minutes to tie the game 31-31) was a mirage?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

No one is making excuses for the offense but the defense stunk so stop being a tool. If you can't admit the obvious when it stares you in the face then no one will ever be able to help you.

The dude is Rusty Jr.  He always talks up this chitty defense and puts down the Offence.  Our defense Couldn't beat a fingerless person in Rock-Paper-Sissors.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to NonChalant1's comment:

He lost something in that SB loss to the Giants the first time and he never got it back.  He'll never be the same unless they win a big game they're not supposed to win in the playoffs.  He's just about done. 

He lost it after Manning roared back in the AFC championship game in '06.

Other than that, Brady has not played well against teams that are of equal competitiveness.

They steam rolled an over matched Jags team, a tebow led Broncos team and a Texans team that pees down its pants.

Unless it's a team that is expected to lose by multi TDs, Brady has played poorly

Sections
Shortcuts