PATS NEED A RUNNING BACK BAD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsman101. Show patsman101's posts

PATS NEED A RUNNING BACK BAD

I think this team needs to draft a RB bad there is too much pressure on tom to carry this offence laurence moroney shows signs at times but he is not a featured back who can carry the load . we need to get guy like a young cory dillon or Curtis Martin like we had before. it would also be nice to have a oc that would call a balanced game i hate this pass happy offence lets get back to the days when we would use the run to open up the pass. ground and pound hard nose football baby! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: PATS NEED A RUNNING BACK BAD

yes, they pretty much need to clean house and bring in a whole new crew of young bull rushing speedsters like Rice. i'd keep faulk though

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

Do they need a running back, revamped OLine, or a commitment to the run game?  They won two SBs with A.Smith, and granted the third was w/Dillon, but those teams would smash you in the mouth.  This team is more finesse, and it has caught up to them. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsandCs13. Show PatsandCs13's posts

They need to include the run in the playbook first. A balanced attack would give them quite an edge and a killer weapon... "stop the pass? fine, eat our running game"  not sure this is gonna happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

The championship teams also had a Defense that would smash the opponents in the mouth.

There is no way those teams give up 24 first Qtr points even with the turnovers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

We didnt even use the running backs we have today. Belichick needs to let Maroney be the start RB and let him carry 20+ times. Maroney played very well in the 2nd half of season and ran the ball hard.   Why did Maroney, Morris and Taylor have 4 combined carries?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from olivern. Show olivern's posts

And by way of a solid running attack, how about a physical fullback who could occasionally sneak out for a pass?  They don't even have a fullback on the current roster.

They are waaay too predictable on offense without more running balance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joncort2. Show joncort2's posts

Maroney is not developing because of coaching.  He fumbles and they sit him for two games.  I agree with doing something about the fumbling, but benching the main reason we got hot late in the season (prior to Houston) was probably one of the dumbest coaching decisions ever, although they made a lot of them this year. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

The problem is that the Patriots passing game hasn't been consistent since November of 2007 hence the drop off in ppg. This team doesn't score enough and they give up too many points plain & simple. If Tom Brady and the offence were to revert back to the play of September-November 2007 they would be still playing but no they can't do it anymore.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

But first they need an offensive line that can run block.

Any of those guys would have had success if Ne was plowing the types of holes that Baltimore was plowing. 

If you put Taylor or Maroney at the second level against just Landry or Reed five times in the game they would gain over 100 yards apiece. 

The offensive line stinks. Address that first, and the RB need (which exists) second. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Face it folks, Maroney is not a #1 running back.  I laugh at all of the KoolAid drinkers who think this guy is anything more than a back-up.  The 2009 Patriots lacked offensive balance for many reasons, but most especially beacuse of their inconsistent running game.  The new-version of Tom Brady needs a running back that can take some of the pressure off him and keep defenses guessing.  I suspect Patriots had a Rice type runner yesterday and for the full season the results would have been dramatically different.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I stand by my thoughts either Kindle or Hughes in the first.  In no particular order, Dwyer RB, Pouncey OG/C, Spikes ILB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

All these people yelling for a #1 back. No team besides the Bengals and maybe the Vikings use one back. Benson lead the league in carries per game at 23.2. There is no such thing as a 25-30 carry per game back anymore. I do agree we need a more explosive player at RB. But he doesnt have to be a #1 back

Sections
Shortcuts