Pats Need BIG Changes

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: Pats Need BIG Changes

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Where did Texas' post go?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well, I kind of disagree. I think it is more the players than coaching, because I really can't see Belichick allowing the coaching to be that bad on his team. I heard today that last year he basically took over the defensive resposibilities - so maybe some of it is coaching, but we got some bad players here on this defense. How they got here and became starters, I don't know, but as that little girl said in Poltergiest....They're hereeeeeer!!

Gregory should not be a starter, yet he is. Kyle Love, for a guy his size cannot hold his ground on running plays. Brace is a total bust. Deaderick has become invisible. Chung (when he plays) is bad in coverage and not big and strong enough to play in the box. Cunningham can only rush head on because he has no moves what so ever. Ninckovich should be coming off the bench as a sub player. Mayo is totally numb in coverage - I don't think you'll find so many guys that is that fast, that are so clueless in coverage. Hightower really really needs to wake up - he is playing like Andy Katzenmoyer did...not using his hands, getting locked up on blocks, playing like he's a 225 pound linebacker rather than the 260 pounder he is. I know McCourty saved the day for us yesterday, but he is playing safety because he's not very good at corner. Wilson is playing like a 5th round pick (the round he should of went in).

We needed all these guys to play how the guy that brought them in thought they could - because right now they aren't. This is the NFL, they're getting paid to perform, they are all playing like backups. Why the hell can't we start Scott or Bequette over Nincovich? You telling me he is better than these two guys, because if he is then the guy that is signing and drafting these guys needs to step down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Aside from the idiot homers like Mighty, who amongst you are satisfied with this latest Patriots' performance...albeit a win? This team has been horrible at home throughout the season, having lost to the powder puff Cardinals, and barely beaten the woeful Jets, and now the hapless Buffalo Bills. The defense can no longer be classify as young and improving. Folks, it stinks, and it's getting worse.

What's happening now with the Pats compares in some ways to the follies occuring in Philadelphia. The only differences are that the Pats have a better OL, and are led by Hall of Fame quality QB, Tom Brady, as opposed to Mr. Overrated, Michael Vick. You may recall that head Philly coach Andy Reid thought it would be a great idea to convert his OC, Juan Castillo, to his DC. The results are in, and Philly's "D" is as bad as the Patriots' crew. Meanwhile, BB has stubbornly insisted on being hands on, and promoting from within. This has wrough DC Matt Patricia, whose been about as successful as Castillo was. Only recently was Castillo sent packing. Both Reid and Vick are sure to follow...as is the story when an underachieving team has what appears will be a double digit loss season.

Tom Brady and his offense are too good for the Pats to win less than 10 games...and the woefully weak AFC East. But, it's time for some BIG, BIG changes on the defensive side of the ball. Does anybody other than Mighty really believe that CB Aqib Talib is going to turn the Pats' "D" around? Patricia must go...and must go NOW! BB needs to find a veteran coordinator to turn his "D" over to...and then needs to walk away.

In Houston, the Texans were having the same gross defensive issues that the Pats are now having. Their solution was to hire DC Wade Phillips in 2011. Almost immediately, there was major improvement...to the present point now, in which the Texans have perhaps the best defense in the game. In Pittsburgh, Dick LeBeau has ruled the defensive roost for over a decade. The result? The Steelers have been one of the top defensive teams in the game over that time.  

Folks, it's not just about talent. It's about getting the most out of your talent, and putting your talent in an aggressive, attacking-type system, that forces turnovers. When is the last time we've been able to describe a Patriots' defense as such?

I was going to do a Report Card on yesterday's game, because this week, I have some time to do so. But, it would be a waste of time. The offense would average a "B+ to an A-". while the defense would be an "F".  The coaching would be a "C-", reflecting the averaging of the offense, special teams, and defense...with the "D" dramatically bringing down the grade. Buffalo had 35 first downs yesterday, and nearly 500 yards of total offense.

What was really revealing about how bad the "D" was yesterday were the actions of Tom Brady, after his "O" was forced to settle for a FG, and a 37-31 lead...giving the Bills over 2 minutes and two time-outs to navigate the field for another TD drive. Brady went to the bench, removed his helmet, and threw his hands over his face, as if the Pats had lost. That's how much confidence he had in his "D". Who could blame him?             

Don't tell any of this to Rusty and His Mighty Minions!

I hate to agree with Jints who is a thorn in our collective backsides but he just about nailed it. We need an experienced, credible defensive coordinator immediately; someone who, like Nick Saban did a long time ago, won't hesitate to tell Bill to let him manage the defense his way. I am convinced, although maybe we are all breathing our own exhaust at this point, that we have good players on defense, even in the secondary (Dennard, Wilson, McCourty, Talib, Chung are at least OK as a DB group). Our offense is among the best in the NFL, and Josh is a perfectly competent field general on offense, contrary to some extreme opinions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Now, now, Tex........

It's amazing how you failed to identify yet another PERFECT Patriot performance yesterday. After all, we're being told week after week after week, that a "win" is a "win", and be happy, or go root for the Chiefs or some other team that can't figure our which end of the football goes first in a throw.

Important things to take away from yesterday's Game of Perfection, which was, after a, a thing of beauty. A sleight of hand, and optical illusion:

1) You did NOT actually see the opposing QB for a 3-6 team outplaying our Dearest Brady in yards or passing percentage. After al, we ALL know that he stunk the place out because of the INT he tossed on the next to last play of the game.    

2) You did NOT actually see a 3-6 team out rushing the team that ultimately won.

3) You most definitely did NOT see a 3-6 team have an 8 minute TOP edge over our beloved Pats, especiaqlly those "young but still learning" defensive bunch. (For you mental midgets that can't equate what 8 minutes is, it's over 1/2 of a NFL playing quarter.) ne can only be thankful that they studied hard and stayed after school this week, after a Bye week, to bone (head) up on prepping to play a 3-5 team.

4) I laugh at you for even thinging that this 3-6 team could out gain the high velocity wire act Patriot offense 480+ to 345+ yards, despite losing 148 yards in penalties (more on this in the next paragraph). 

Why, one can, or at least SHOULD be able to claim that this 3-6 team would have done substantially better if their total penalty yards (148) didn't significantly total more than the Patriots vaunted rushing attack (117 yards).

Other points of interest we never saw:

-Lousy tackling when opposition player hemmed in or seemingly stopped

- Overthrown passes from Mr Brady to wide open receivers. (Actually, what we did see, and Baby P will attest to this, the receivers ran poor routes, ansd shiuld have anticipated that Brady was going to throw the ball where it was, NOT where the receiver was. Sort of like my golf game..... danged greenskeepers insist on putting those small holes where my ball isn't.)

- Dropped passes by wide open receivers. (Thos seemed to balance out, as each team had some issues with this aspect. But, none as good/glaring as Welker's OOPS! early on.)

Sumking this up, a win is a win is a win. Another GREAT Patrior performance. They will undoubtedly keep running bthe tally up via this method of success, until the time that it's not, well successful. Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't already mention that this latest GREAT game was against another truly competitive, sub .500 opposition.) 

It's over 1/2 way through the season and they have only 1 win against a "quality" team with any playoff aspirations left: Denver. But, fear not! This is more than offset by the egg they laid at home vs the Cardinals, they of the 5 game losing streak Cardinals.  

GRADES:  EVERYONE GETS AN "A++++"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Hey Tex!  You survived your rush job! 

The good news:  next week BB gets a new cornerback, and this one's not a cheap plastic toy.  We hope.  Other good news, the Pats play fairly well without Hernandez and a bunch of other players on the field, many of whom are coming back some week. 

The bad news:  Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?  Not New England with that performance, at home, after a bye week.  Not San Francisco, after tying a terrible St. Louis team.

It's Houston with a power rating of 13.4 wins out of 16 if the season started anew next week.  They looked pretty good this week.  Blame it on the Cutler hit but all I do is count up the points.  New England is second at 12.5.  Below that the pileup starts at 11.5

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yep agreed all the way.

We need to fire Bill Belichick asap as his defense is the worst in NFL history.I know this is true beuase I read it on this message board.

He also cannot acquire talent as his offense has been hampered by his inability to land the deep threat that every team in this league absolutely needs in order to score more then 15.5 ppg in the Superbowls.

Also the O-line is terrible, and the running game has sucked for years until we landed future Hall of famers Stevan Ridley, Danny Woodhead, Brandon Bolden, and Shane Vareen who despite averaging less yards per carry then we did last year are 2nd in the league in attempts.

God I hope Robert Kraft never listens to fans like Prolate,Hurtl,Babe and texas Pat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Yep agreed all the way.

We need to fire Bill Belichick asap as his defense is the worst in NFL history.I know this is true beuase I read it on this message board.

He also cannot acquire talent as his offense has been hampered by his inability to land the deep threat that every team in this league absolutely needs in order to score more then 15.5 ppg in the Superbowls.

Also the O-line is terrible, and the running game has sucked for years until we landed future Hall of famers Stevan Ridley, Danny Woodhead, Brandon Bolden, and Shane Vareen who despite averaging less yards per carry then we did last year are 2nd in the league in attempts.

God I hope Robert Kraft never listens to fans like Prolate,Hurtl,Babe and texas Pat.

Boy, you and Wozzy are just on a roll today.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yep agreed all the way.

Truechamp, you really need to stop by on the Benny appreciation thread that's going on this week, it's got some good stuff in it. You might learn a thing or two. Lol! I think the agenda was concerning blind squirrels and how they occasionally find a nut - yet Benny can't.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Tex you realize the Pats lost to Buffalo last season right?  Narrowly winning against Buffalo does not mean the sky is falling.

More importantly the idea that the Texans D just got better because of Wade Phillips is silly.  You don't think adding Jonathan Joseph and JJ Watt make a huge impact?  Those are two of the best players in the NFL.  Watt could win DPOY this year.  Also arguing that we need to play an "attacking style of D to force turnovers" is sort of silly when our defense is near the tops in the league at forcing turnovers and has been the last few years.  This defense has issues for sure, but forcing turnovers is not one of them.  I think the D needs to play better than they did yesterday, but I think your overall analysis is off on this issue.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I've been saying this for YEARS. BB promotes "never done nuthin'" yes men to key positions. If you want to be the best, get the best! But I'm afraid BB doesn't want to share power.

But I think it's more than just poor coaches. The talent is lacking as well, or some of these busts he has sent packing would do something elsewhere.

This shows from the draft. 12 of 16 first or second round draft picks  spent on D since 2008 for this joke we see every Sunday?

I have proposed BB as an average or maybe a just better than average GM and been castigated for it.

But it's good to see some more fans finally getting it.

Somebody smart besides BB needs to have a big say on draft decisions and coaching personnel decisions.

Without Brady the last decade plus, this would have been a dismal era.

Remember, the very best teams over this period had a slew of key guys, especially on D, that BB inherited.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

You guys were saying the same thing last year and yet they went to the Super Bowl. Every team is average. Every team is flawed. Any team can win any game. The sooner you guys figure that out the better. It will make watching the games a whole lot easier.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I totally disagree. This team, this offense, this defense, this special teams & this coaches are gonna be there at the end...

Buffalo was playing for his life, plus they have a powerfull offense.

Yes, our Defense played very bad... nobody is saying the opposite.

but make no mistake, we are going to win 13- 12 games... good for #2. we are gonna take the bye week to get healthy and then we are gonna make another good run to the superbowl.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

In response to digger0862's comment:

You guys were saying the same thing last year and yet they went to the Super Bowl. Every team is average. Every team is flawed. Any team can win any game. The sooner you guys figure that out the better. It will make watching the games a whole lot easier.

They don't get it. The first time they watched a Pats season was 2007, so they think every season should look like that. Trending up, peaking at the right time, etc, are concepts they don't get.

They also have no idea that the league favors offenses and makes it harder on defenses.

I know! I mean what are people expecting? Super Bowls with the aid of maybe the best quarterback of all time? Stupid trolls.

And what the heck do people want from a team that has had more draft picks over the course of the last five years than any team in the history of the NFL? Starters? Bunch of dumb trolls.

This defense rocks - anyone can see that. Belichick does this; he hides what he is really trying to do for the playoffs...it's all part of the plan friends. What he is doing right now is playing guys that really don't fit into the zone scheme we are running, sooooo when the real games start we will switch to man...then zone..then man again. Just like south paw Rocky (practiced his right and then BOOM!!! back to his left) winning. 

I'm surprised more people don't understand that the 14 million we've not spent on the cap the last two years was a behind the scenes (back door) deal Kraft had with Goddell to front back load Solder's rookie contract. Yeah in 2019 Solder's cap figure is going to be 35k dollars, but no one is smart enough to see/realize it. Also we still (by doing that) have a little left over for former Canadien outside linebackers - now working at Taco Bells - to play seven snaps in week 11 before getting cut.

People are just dumb, they really are. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Hey Tex!  You survived your rush job! 

The good news:  next week BB gets a new cornerback, and this one's not a cheap plastic toy.  We hope.  Other good news, the Pats play fairly well without Hernandez and a bunch of other players on the field, many of whom are coming back some week. 

The bad news:  Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?  Not New England with that performance, at home, after a bye week.  Not San Francisco, after tying a terrible St. Louis team.

It's Houston with a power rating of 13.4 wins out of 16 if the season started anew next week.  They looked pretty good this week.  Blame it on the Cutler hit but all I do is count up the points.  New England is second at 12.5.  Below that the pileup starts at 11.5

The new cornerback , who has natural raw talent, will I predict be in the Hoodies dog house before game time. If not this week surely by game time against the fins.

The clock management by BB is the worst in the league. The Bills fumble with 9:20 left on the clock and the Pats have a 10 point lead. Instead of running the ball Brady throws 3 incomplete passes so with 9:02 left they punt. By 8:30 left the Bills are back on the Pats 10 yard line , where they then score a TD at about 8:00 left. Typical BB clock management , if they ran for 3 plays the Bills would have gotten the ball back at 06:50 , but noooooo . It's not Rocket Science.

It's like BB doesn't start managing the clock until 3 minutes left. For a coach with his credentials he is out to lunch when it comes to clock management and the Draft. Lucky he's got number 12.  Because the only way he's get to Canton would be on a Grey Hound Bus.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

They went to the SB? How'd that turn out?

Oh yeah. The D folded in the last minutes to lose yet another one. I remember now.

Since Brady has brought them to the SB in 5 of his 10 seasons played, do you think even with a terrible D they always have a chance at getting to the SB as long as they have Brady?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

Now, now, Tex........

It's amazing how you failed to identify yet another PERFECT Patriot performance yesterday. After all, we're being told week after week after week, that a "win" is a "win", and be happy, or go root for the Chiefs or some other team that can't figure our which end of the football goes first in a throw.

Important things to take away from yesterday's Game of Perfection, which was, after a, a thing of beauty. A sleight of hand, and optical illusion:

1) You did NOT actually see the opposing QB for a 3-6 team outplaying our Dearest Brady in yards or passing percentage. After al, we ALL know that he stunk the place out because of the INT he tossed on the next to last play of the game.    

2) You did NOT actually see a 3-6 team out rushing the team that ultimately won.

3) You most definitely did NOT see a 3-6 team have an 8 minute TOP edge over our beloved Pats, especiaqlly those "young but still learning" defensive bunch. (For you mental midgets that can't equate what 8 minutes is, it's over 1/2 of a NFL playing quarter.) ne can only be thankful that they studied hard and stayed after school this week, after a Bye week, to bone (head) up on prepping to play a 3-5 team.

4) I laugh at you for even thinging that this 3-6 team could out gain the high velocity wire act Patriot offense 480+ to 345+ yards, despite losing 148 yards in penalties (more on this in the next paragraph). 

Why, one can, or at least SHOULD be able to claim that this 3-6 team would have done substantially better if their total penalty yards (148) didn't significantly total more than the Patriots vaunted rushing attack (117 yards).

Other points of interest we never saw:

-Lousy tackling when opposition player hemmed in or seemingly stopped

- Overthrown passes from Mr Brady to wide open receivers. (Actually, what we did see, and Baby P will attest to this, the receivers ran poor routes, ansd shiuld have anticipated that Brady was going to throw the ball where it was, NOT where the receiver was. Sort of like my golf game..... danged greenskeepers insist on putting those small holes where my ball isn't.)

- Dropped passes by wide open receivers. (Thos seemed to balance out, as each team had some issues with this aspect. But, none as good/glaring as Welker's OOPS! early on.)

Sumking this up, a win is a win is a win. Another GREAT Patrior performance. They will undoubtedly keep running bthe tally up via this method of success, until the time that it's not, well successful. Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't already mention that this latest GREAT game was against another truly competitive, sub .500 opposition.) 

It's over 1/2 way through the season and they have only 1 win against a "quality" team with any playoff aspirations left: Denver. But, fear not! This is more than offset by the egg they laid at home vs the Cardinals, they of the 5 game losing streak Cardinals.  

GRADES:  EVERYONE GETS AN "A++++"

lol....i luv the sarcasm.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I am telling you all, this defense is gonna get better. They just need time. There are a lot of new players out there. IT DOESN"T HAPPEN OVER NIGHT!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Yep agreed all the way.

Truechamp, you really need to stop by on the Benny appreciation thread that's going on this week, it's got some good stuff in it. You might learn a thing or two. Lol! I think the agenda was concerning blind squirrels and how they occasionally find a nut - yet Benny can't.

Comparing what benny has done on the Bungals to what he did when defense's were keyed in to stop the best QB in the league(Brady) makes no sense.

For example, Benny had more tds then any RB in the league over a 2 year time other then Arian Foster. I'm not positive about that(haven't checked) but I think it is true.

Anybody who speaks negatively of a RB who our coach chose to be our lead back and produced 1,700 yards and 24 tds on 4 ypc average over 2 years needs perspective.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Well, I kind of disagree. I think it is more the players than coaching, because I really can't see Belichick allowing the coaching to be that bad on his team. I heard today that last year he basically took over the defensive resposibilities - so maybe some of it is coaching, but we got some bad players here on this defense. How they got here and became starters, I don't know, but as that little girl said in Poltergiest....They're hereeeeeer!!

Gregory should not be a starter, yet he is. Kyle Love, for a guy his size cannot hold his ground on running plays. Brace is a total bust. Deaderick has become invisible. Chung (when he plays) is bad in coverage and not big and strong enough to play in the box. Cunningham can only rush head on because he has no moves what so ever. Ninckovich should be coming off the bench as a sub player. Mayo is totally numb in coverage - I don't think you'll find so many guys that is that fast, that are so clueless in coverage. Hightower really really needs to wake up - he is playing like Andy Katzenmoyer did...not using his hands, getting locked up on blocks, playing like he's a 225 pound linebacker rather than the 260 pounder he is. I know McCourty saved the day for us yesterday, but he is playing safety because he's not very good at corner. Wilson is playing like a 5th round pick (the round he should of went in).

We needed all these guys to play how the guy that brought them in thought they could - because right now they aren't. This is the NFL, they're getting paid to perform, they are all playing like backups. Why the hell can't we start Scott or Bequette over Nincovich? You telling me he is better than these two guys, because if he is then the guy that is signing and drafting these guys needs to step down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

both.....but more on coaches...and ultimately BB's responsibility.  Players drafted or acquired have not panned out on defensive side ...this has been true for years now.  Defensive backs showing bad technique....both from sub par talent...and bad coaching - same mistakes over and over and over...

Sections
Shortcuts