Pats Need BIG Changes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Pats Need BIG Changes

Im gonna have to agree with regards to M.Patricia. Football is a sport where coaching absolutely matters unlike Basketball and to a lesser degree baseball.

When u have inexperienced guys coaching that have never played in the NFL, they will be outcoached by those who ARE experienced and HAVE played in the league. Its pretty simple and doesnt require that much thought. Its common sense.

Bad analogy but here it goes. In a dog fight, do you want a dog that fights or one that sits in the house being spoiled with biscuits and sleeping on a couch??  We have talented players like everyone else but we have Choir boy, wet behind the ears, never played the game coaches trying to make them better and also calling plays to NOT get beat instead of calling agressive plays because they are scared of BB and always looking over their shoulders. REAL coordinators who have had success and KNOW what they are doing dont look over their shoulders. By all accounts Wade Phillips was known as a Players coach, Giggly little Hee Haw who would never win but his EXPERIENCE and Knowledge of the game allowed him to be a GREAT D coordinator and he came with an agressive plan and changed a 30th ranked defense into a TOP 5 dominant defense that was so good it can afford to trade away D'emeco Ryans!   This league is absolutely about coaching and anyone who doesnt correlate this Stinky defense to the inept coordinators is blind!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Tex is the worst kind of fan who revels in the success of his team but only as an expectation.  When his team starts to come back to the rest of the league, and yes that is happening with the pats, he is apoplectic. 

We all want our teams to win, but success at the top is never sustainable forever.  The pats lost their legendary defense and they are working hard to get some semblance of that back.  Obviously, it is not as easy as some like Tex might assume it is.  Thankfully for the pats, they have Tom Brady, the best oline in the NFL and some of the best receivers/TE's in the league.  And frankly, their running game is showing signs of life. 

Personnel is not easy.  Its why the team should keep Welker.  Drafts are not crapshoots but they are also not easy, nor always right. 

Pats fans should revel in the continued success of the team and root and hope for victory.  The expectation that they are automatic has to be a thing of the past.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Im gonna have to agree with regards to M.Patricia. Football is a sport where coaching absolutely matters unlike Basketball and to a lesser degree baseball.

When u have inexperienced guys coaching that have never played in the NFL, they will be outcoached by those who ARE experienced and HAVE played in the league. Its pretty simple and doesnt require that much thought. Its common sense.

Bad analogy but here it goes. In a dog fight, do you want a dog that fights or one that sits in the house being spoiled with biscuits and sleeping on a couch??  We have talented players like everyone else but we have Choir boy, wet behind the ears, never played the game coaches trying to make them better and also calling plays to NOT get beat instead of calling agressive plays because they are scared of BB and always looking over their shoulders. REAL coordinators who have had success and KNOW what they are doing dont look over their shoulders. By all accounts Wade Phillips was known as a Players coach, Giggly little Hee Haw who would never win but his EXPERIENCE and Knowledge of the game allowed him to be a GREAT D coordinator and he came with an agressive plan and changed a 30th ranked defense into a TOP 5 dominant defense that was so good it can afford to trade away D'emeco Ryans!   This league is absolutely about coaching and anyone who doesnt correlate this Stinky defense to the inept coordinators is blind!

[/QUOTE]

hear ya....  and a perfect case in point is the braincramp subbing of gregory over wilson who has shown steady improvement which trumps his few mistakes.  he hits , he has good hands, etc. he gets a pick against st. Louis and then he gets benched. Dumb.   

shoot out type games are misleading and irritating .  BB is apparently too stubborn to allow a more aggressive defense .  He probably is expecting a bad throw turning into a pick. Fitzy kept firing strikes. 

also question why you have nink 1 on 1 with spiller...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

And we're all sick of you taking the fun out of winning.  IT"S A GAME MAN.  Cheer the heck up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Just checked out Steve Gregory's bio... Undrafted f.a. From Syracuse . Grew up NYC as a JET fan.

Explains everything except why he's on this team and laron Landry is on the jets...

Whooops...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Gregory started 31 out of 85 games as a charger .not exactly a rare talent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And we're all sick of you taking the fun out of winning.  IT"S A GAME MAN.  Cheer the heck up.

[/QUOTE]

This from the leader of the Patriots' Orstrich Society, led by charter members Mighty, TrueChamp, and Wozzy. Keep those heads of yours firmly buried in the sand, boys...LOL!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tex is the worst kind of fan who revels in the success of his team but only as an expectation.  When his team starts to come back to the rest of the league, and yes that is happening with the pats, he is apoplectic.

RESPONSE: Oh...you mean like you were last year with your Peytonless Colts?? LOL!!    

We all want our teams to win, but success at the top is never sustainable forever.  The pats lost their legendary defense and they are working hard to get some semblance of that back.

RESPONSE: As usual, you show your ignorance. Do you follow the Patriots? Do you know what's going on with the team? When was the last time that the Pats had a great defense? 2004?? Their defense has gone down-hill ever since. Yet, despite that, they have continued to win. Last year, they came within minutes of another championship. But...what does a Colts fan know about that? Without the referees and their BS pass interference calls, the Colts were nothing.  

Obviously, it is not as easy as some like Tex might assume it is.  Thankfully for the pats, they have Tom Brady, the best oline in the NFL and some of the best receivers/TE's in the league.  And frankly, their running game is showing signs of life.

RESPONSE: What the hell do you know about the Patriots, troll? Go hug your Peyton doll.  

Personnel is not easy.  Its why the team should keep Welker.  Drafts are not crapshoots but they are also not easy, nor always right.

RESPONSE: So...you don't think that an ineffective, inexperienced DC has anything to do with team success? 

Pats fans should revel in the continued success of the team and root and hope for victory.  The expectation that they are automatic has to be a thing of the past.

RESPONSE: The Pats have enough talent that they should not be taking the field "hoping" for victory,. They should be confident of it. It's high time to change that putrid "bend but don't break" scheme, and turn their defenders lose to make plays. What do the Steelers have on "D" that the Pats don't (minus Polamalu)...other than a great DC?   

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep agreed all the way.

We need to fire Bill Belichick asap as his defense is the worst in NFL history.I know this is true beuase I read it on this message board.

He also cannot acquire talent as his offense has been hampered by his inability to land the deep threat that every team in this league absolutely needs in order to score more then 15.5 ppg in the Superbowls.

Also the O-line is terrible, and the running game has sucked for years until we landed future Hall of famers Stevan Ridley, Danny Woodhead, Brandon Bolden, and Shane Vareen who despite averaging less yards per carry then we did last year are 2nd in the league in attempts.

God I hope Robert Kraft never listens to fans like Prolate,Hurtl,Babe and texas Pat.

[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting this stat?

2011 Pats ran for 4.0.

2012 Pats are running at 4.3.

Source: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/

[/QUOTE]

You are looking at end of season numbers.

Through 8 games last year the Pats running backs averaged 4.4 ypc but for some reason got 100 less carries then they did this year at 4.3 ypc(was 4.2 a week ago)

BJGE averaged 4.2 ypc through 8 games before getting turf toe and struggling the rest of the year until healthy( the afc and SB when he averaged over 4.2 ypc again but only got 12and 10 carries in those games)

BJGE thru 8 games = 4.2 ypc...btw BJGE was the goal line back meaning tough yardage.

Woody thru 8 games = 4.4 ypc

Ridley thru 8 games averaged 6.1 ypc.

Why did we run 100 less times last year thru 8 games???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tex,

(mthurl)

Well, I kind of disagree. I think it is more the players than coaching, because I really can't see Belichick allowing the coaching to be that bad on his team. I heard today that last year he basically took over the defensive resposibilities - so maybe some of it is coaching, but we got some bad players here on this defense. How they got here and became starters, I don't know, but as that little girl said in Poltergiest....They're hereeeeeer!!

(tex)

RESPONSE: I don't buy it. I watched the Steelers tonight...and I don't see a great difference between their talent on "D", and what the Pats have. Both teams have suspect secondaries. But, the Steelers put pressure on opposing offenses with their blitz packages...especially on 3rd and long. Their defensive schemes appear to be superior to the Pats' ultra conservative "bend but don't break"..

(bred)

ive been saying this for some years as well and begging for a change

.and their defense appears to be better coached. Dick LeBeau gets the most out of his talent. Matt Patricia is another Dean Pees.

patricia only does what bb tells him

Gregory should not be a starter, yet he is. Kyle Love, for a guy his size cannot hold his ground on running plays. Brace is a total bust. Deaderick has become invisible. Chung (when he plays) is bad in coverage and not big and strong enough to play in the box. Cunningham can only rush head on because he has no moves what so ever. Ninckovich should be coming off the bench as a sub player. Mayo is totally numb in coverage - I don't think you'll find so many guys that is that fast, that are so clueless in coverage. Hightower really really needs to wake up - he is playing like Andy Katzenmoyer did...not using his hands, getting locked up on blocks, playing like he's a 225 pound linebacker rather than the 260 pounder he is. I know McCourty saved the day for us yesterday, but he is playing safety because he's not very good at corner. Wilson is playing like a 5th round pick (the round he should of went in).

RESPONSE: Not buying it. Until yesterday, the Pats were shutting down the run. If a guy like LeBeau had players like Mayo, Hightower, Spikes, Wilfolk, and Jones, they'd be much more effective. The defensive scheme in New England stinks. It turns potential playmakers like those mentioned above into passive manikens, playing zone type coverage...instead of attacking. 

agreed. again repeating myself for a while. most on this board only hate on those that observe things they cannot. also call it being negative by observing football and writng about it.

We needed all these guys to play how the guy that brought them in thought they could - because right now they aren't. This is the NFL, they're getting paid to perform, they are all playing like backups. Why the hell can't we start Scott or Bequette over Nincovich? You telling me he is better than these two guys, because if he is then the guy that is signing and drafting these guys needs to step down.

RESPONSE: Again...it's a coaches job to get the most out of his talent. That's not happening on the defensive side of the ball.

nor the offensive with josh. though hes gotten better lately, he still falters in critical situations and in the 4th quarter. (because we score points with the best offense in the league, does not mean that the coaching could be much better).

[/QUOTE]

Josh doesn't falter, his offense does. But, when you put up 37 points, shouldn't that be more than enough to beat the lowly Bills, especially at home? This game should have been a blow-out win.

That said, the Pats should have scored a TD on their final drive. But, it appeared to me that they were so concerned about scoring too soon and leaving time on the clock, that it affected the play calling. First and goal would have been a great time for a play-action pass. But, instead, they telegraphed a hand-off to Ridley, which resulted in a 3 yard loss. From there, their time management was awful...leaving the Bills the two minute warning, and two time-outs to work with. This nearly cost them the game.   

Though Josh has had his poor moments this year, in trying to turn the Jaguar Patriots offense into a smash-mouth Ford pick-up, the "D" gave up 35 first downs, and nearly 500 total yards to a Ryan Fitzpatrick led offense. To quote Ty Law, the defense was attrocious.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Josh doesn't falter, his offense does. But, when you put up 37 points, shouldn't that be more than enough to beat the lowly Bills, especially at home? This game should have been a blow-out win.

That said, the Pats should have scored a TD on their final drive. But, it appeared to me that they were so concerned about scoring too soon and leaving time on the clock, that it affected the play calling. First and goal would have been a great time for a play-action pass. But, instead, they telegraphed a hand-off to Ridley, which resulted in a 3 yard loss. From there, their time management was awful...leaving the Bills the two minute warning, and two time-outs to work with. This nearly cost them the game.   

Though Josh has had his poor moments this year, in trying to turn the Jaguar Patriots offense into a smash-mouth Ford pick-up, the "D" gave up 35 first downs, and nearly 500 total yards to a Ryan Fitzpatrick led offense. To quote Ty Law, the defense was attrocious.

[/QUOTE]

If the offense falters, to some extent that has to fall on the OC.

I do not buy the "scoring too soon" argument. For one thing, they ran a play out of hurry-up. They snapped the ball with 15 seconds on the play clock on the run that lost two yards. If anything they were trying to score quickly. Secondly, a TD would have put them up by two scores. You should not being getting cute and trying to manage the clock with 10 point lead.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yep agreed all the way.

We need to fire Bill Belichick asap as his defense is the worst in NFL history.I know this is true beuase I read it on this message board.

He also cannot acquire talent as his offense has been hampered by his inability to land the deep threat that every team in this league absolutely needs in order to score more then 15.5 ppg in the Superbowls.

Also the O-line is terrible, and the running game has sucked for years until we landed future Hall of famers Stevan Ridley, Danny Woodhead, Brandon Bolden, and Shane Vareen who despite averaging less yards per carry then we did last year are 2nd in the league in attempts.

God I hope Robert Kraft never listens to fans like Prolate,Hurtl,Babe and texas Pat.

[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting this stat?

2011 Pats ran for 4.0.

2012 Pats are running at 4.3.

Source: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/

[/QUOTE]

You are looking at end of season numbers.

Through 8 games last year the Pats running backs averaged 4.4 ypc but for some reason got 100 less carries then they did this year at 4.3 ypc(was 4.2 a week ago)

BJGE averaged 4.2 ypc through 8 games before getting turf toe and struggling the rest of the year until healthy( the afc and SB when he averaged over 4.2 ypc again but only got 12and 10 carries in those games)

BJGE thru 8 games = 4.2 ypc...btw BJGE was the goal line back meaning tough yardage.

Woody thru 8 games = 4.4 ypc

Ridley thru 8 games averaged 6.1 ypc.

Why did we run 100 less times last year thru 8 games???

[/QUOTE]

UGh.  I know you are an smart guy but why can't you understand that each game is different, each team is different, each defense is different, each down and distance is different each game plan is different.  There is not a specific formula to follow for each and every play.

There are a slew of determining factors.  Were they behind?  What was the defense giving?  Did you need 3 yards or 7? How were the backs doing at that particular time?  Was protection an issue?  Were they in SG?   On and on and on and on. 

They were just talking on Patriots.com in the difference between Benny and Ridley is that for the same amount of rushes, Ridley would get 100 and Benny would get 60.yrds, with the main difference being Ridleys ability to get 15+ yards  for a few runs each game..  Benny could not.  His biggest gain ever was 18 yards and that was once. Even with the D forgetting the run and T'ing off on TB instead, he still couldn't do it.  Ridley can.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Tex,

(mthurl)

Well, I kind of disagree. I think it is more the players than coaching, because I really can't see Belichick allowing the coaching to be that bad on his team. I heard today that last year he basically took over the defensive resposibilities - so maybe some of it is coaching, but we got some bad players here on this defense. How they got here and became starters, I don't know, but as that little girl said in Poltergiest....They're hereeeeeer!!

(tex)

RESPONSE: I don't buy it. I watched the Steelers tonight...and I don't see a great difference between their talent on "D", and what the Pats have. Both teams have suspect secondaries. But, the Steelers put pressure on opposing offenses with their blitz packages...especially on 3rd and long. Their defensive schemes appear to be superior to the Pats' ultra conservative "bend but don't break"..

(bred)

.and their defense appears to be better coached. Dick LeBeau gets the most out of his talent. Matt Patricia is another Dean Pees.

Gregory should not be a starter, yet he is. Kyle Love, for a guy his size cannot hold his ground on running plays. Brace is a total bust. Deaderick has become invisible. Chung (when he plays) is bad in coverage and not big and strong enough to play in the box. Cunningham can only rush head on because he has no moves what so ever. Ninckovich should be coming off the bench as a sub player. Mayo is totally numb in coverage - I don't think you'll find so many guys that is that fast, that are so clueless in coverage. Hightower really really needs to wake up - he is playing like Andy Katzenmoyer did...not using his hands, getting locked up on blocks, playing like he's a 225 pound linebacker rather than the 260 pounder he is. I know McCourty saved the day for us yesterday, but he is playing safety because he's not very good at corner. Wilson is playing like a 5th round pick (the round he should of went in).

RESPONSE: Not buying it. Until yesterday, the Pats were shutting down the run. If a guy like LeBeau had players like Mayo, Hightower, Spikes, Wilfolk, and Jones, they'd be much more effective. The defensive scheme in New England stinks. It turns potential playmakers like those mentioned above into passive manikens, playing zone type coverage...instead of attacking. 

agreed. again repeating myself for a while. most on this board only hate on those that observe things they cannot. also call it being negative by observing football and writng about it.

We needed all these guys to play how the guy that brought them in thought they could - because right now they aren't. This is the NFL, they're getting paid to perform, they are all playing like backups. Why the hell can't we start Scott or Bequette over Nincovich? You telling me he is better than these two guys, because if he is then the guy that is signing and drafting these guys needs to step down.

RESPONSE: Again...it's a coaches job to get the most out of his talent. That's not happening on the defensive side of the ball.

nor the offensive with josh. though hes gotten better lately, he still falters in critical situations and in the 4th quarter. (because we score points with the best offense in the league, does not mean that the coaching could be much better).

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tex? Respectfully totally disagree. 

There is a chasm of talent between those two teams. It starts on the defensive line and moves to OLB. 

Are you really saying Rob Ninkovich compares to anyone at OLB for Pitt?

Come on, that team is stacked,

Also, their defensive backfield is LIGHT YEARS better than New England's. IOW, they can blitz without worrying about getting roasted on the back end. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Very entertaining thread to read.  There were actually a couple of pretty fair points made.  On the other hand there were several posts that were actually rather shrill and alarmist.  

Couple of points if I may:  

1)  Pats' 3 losses were by a total of 4 points - those are team losses -  in 2 of the 3, the offense should have scored more and  the defense should have surrendered fewer points - IN MY OPINION

2) The Pats Defense is young and has not worked together with the same personnel on the field very often - defensive roster avg age 25, defensive secondary avg age 24 - this point has been discounted in other threads and I respect the arguments of those who disagree but IN MY OPINION this is a significant factor

3) BB himself has said (and I don't think it's simply a canned response) that the coaching could have been better in some situations - IN MY OPINION this is a factor - how much is open to interpretation

4) The wholsale condemnation of defensive coaching (and BB's selection of Patricia as DC) makes little sense to me - an example - when the Pats were being shredded in the reg season Denver game, Patricia scrapped the D game plan and rewrote it on the fly and, yes, that was Patricia who did that - every defensive player interviewed credited him with making the adjustments.  One game does not make a hall of fame defensive coach but I do not see Patricia as a major issue here.  IN MY OPINION

5) The Pats lead the league (not the conference, the league) in turnover differential - defenses that are a complete disaster (which was strongly implied if not stated outright in several posts) do not lead the league in this category - IN MY OPINION

Now, I've stated my point of view, my opinion.  Note that I haven't made (or certainly tried to avoid) categorical statements.  This is an opinion forum and fans have their opinions.  MY OPINION is that this forum has become much too alarmist.

Fire away.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Oh...you mean like you were last year with your Peytonless Colts?? LOL!!  

Huh?  Stay on topic kiddo.  First, I wasn't apoplectic about the colts last year.  I understood the severity of their situation with Manning and many more starters injured.   

We all want our teams to win, but success at the top is never sustainable forever.  The pats lost their legendary defense and they are working hard to get some semblance of that back.

RESPONSE: As usual, you show your ignorance. Do you follow the Patriots? Do you know what's going on with the team? When was the last time that the Pats had a great defense? 2004?? Their defense has gone down-hill ever since. Yet, despite that, they have continued to win. Last year, they came within minutes of another championship. But...what does a Colts fan know about that? Without the referees and their BS pass interference calls, the Colts were nothing.  

Thanks for proving my point - yes the pats continue to win, and, as YOU said, were "within minutes of another championship", yet you b-tch about the pats.  SEE YOUR THREAD TITLE.   Its one thing to express some concern or to lament that they may only be good enough to have a chance at a superbowl rather than be an outright favorite, but your glass is about 1/8th full.  PATS NEED BIG CHANGES.  What a joke.  Nice trying to change the subject away from your feeble support for your team. 

Obviously, it is not as easy as some like Tex might assume it is.  Thankfully for the pats, they have Tom Brady, the best oline in the NFL and some of the best receivers/TE's in the league.  And frankly, their running game is showing signs of life.

RESPONSE: What the hell do you know about the Patriots, troll? Go hug your Peyton doll.  

Apparently I know a helluva lot more than you do, because all you see is the sky falling.  I see a team that is leading their division and primed for another playoff run.  And in you I see a joke for a fan.  You are pathetic - at best.  

RESPONSE: So...you don't think that an ineffective, inexperienced DC has anything to do with team success? 

Showing your ignorance.  You don't think the "best" defensive mind in the game doesn't have his hand on the pulse of his defense.  This guy takes his preparation as far as keeping tarps off fields during rainstorms to slow down opponents.  You don't think Belichick is paying attention to his defense?  You are a joke. 

RESPONSE: The Pats have enough talent that they should not be taking the field "hoping" for victory,. They should be confident of it. It's high time to change that putrid "bend but don't break" scheme, and turn their defenders lose to make plays. What do the Steelers have on "D" that the Pats don't (minus Polamalu)...other than a great DC?

that putrid "bend but don't break" scheme is pure Belichick.  Go back and look at historical differentials between yards allowed rank and points allowed rank.  Proof of how wrong you are about the DC.  Belichick's fingerprints are all over this thing. 

The steelers played Kansas City last night.  Did you assume they were some kind of juggernaut with that one and whatever record of theirs?  You continue to prove my point.  Your's is so narrow that you can't see the forest for the trees.  You know the pats are good (maybe not great because of a suspect defense), and you are pissed about it.  grow up man.  Its a game that someone else plays.  Its not your game.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

harrumph harrumph

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

triple too have been on this since ive been on the board. best org in the league should have all the best coaches at every position

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Tex,

(mthurl)

(tex)

(bred)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tex? Respectfully totally disagree. 

There is a chasm of talent between those two teams. It starts on the defensive line and moves to OLB. 

Are you really saying Rob Ninkovich compares to anyone at OLB for Pitt?

Come on, that team is stacked,

Also, their defensive backfield is LIGHT YEARS better than New England's. IOW, they can blitz without worrying about getting roasted on the back end. 

[/QUOTE]

Who on the Steelers' "D" is as talented as Chandler Jones? What Steeler defensive lineman is better than Vince Wilfolk? Would you rather taker the Steeler LBs of Woodley, Timmons, 55 year old Foote, and old, injury marred James Harrison...or the Pats younger group (Nink is a DE this year) of Mayo, Spikes, and Hightower? In the secondary, minus Polamalu, it's basically a wash. Who do the Steelers have that are appreciably better...especially at CB? I don't see the talent differential between these two defenses as being that great. The difference? DC Dick LeBeau v. Matt Patricia. That DC match-up is laughable.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Tex,

(mthurl)

(tex)

(bred)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agreed on the defense (been posting the breakdown of on the board and hated on by posters who dont know football that deeply and think observing areas to be improve is not being loyal). ive been watching joshs playcalling play by play since preseason. he does falter in his ability and perf in tough situations and 4th quarter. early in the year it was most of the game, so he has improved. especially after he was forced into or ordered to using the run game as more of a staple as opposed to an accessory. good posts/thougths man.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

Huh?  Stay on topic kiddo.  First, I wasn't apoplectic about the colts last year.  I understood the severity of their situation with Manning and many more starters injured.   

RESPONSE: Yeah...sure you did...LOL!!! 

Thanks for proving my point - yes the pats continue to win, and, as YOU said, were "within minutes of another championship", yet you b-tch about the pats.

RESPONSE: LOL!!! Uhhh...2012 is not 2011. This is a different Patriots team, that is underachieveing...unlike last years' SB squad.

SEE YOUR THREAD TITLE.   Its one thing to express some concern or to lament that they may only be good enough to have a chance at a superbowl rather than be an outright favorite, but your glass is about 1/8th full.  PATS NEED BIG CHANGES.  What a joke.  Nice trying to change the subject away from your feeble support for your team. 

RESPONSE: Still the same ol' Pinocchio, I see...trying to twist words, and rredierect the conversation to fit your warped, bogus agenda. The 2011 team was SB worthy. But, this 2012 crew hasn't shown that there anywhere near as good as last years' team. They are underachieving on the defensive side of the ball. For whatever reason, the coaching staff is not getting the most out of it's defenders. Do you deny that?

Apparently I know a helluva lot more than you do, because all you see is the sky falling.  I see a team that is leading their division and primed for another playoff run.  And in you I see a joke for a fan.  You are pathetic - at best.

RESPONSE: Leading the pathetic AFC East is no great feat. A know nothing, Peyton lover like you is impressed with second rate titles, and statistical accomplishments.  

Showing your ignorance.  You don't think the "best" defensive mind in the game doesn't have his hand on the pulse of his defense.

RESPONSE: So...now you're crediting BB as being the best defensive mind in the game? Based on what? How good has the Pats' "D" been since 2004?

This guy takes his preparation as far as keeping tarps off fields during rainstorms to slow down opponents.  You don't think Belichick is paying attention to his defense?  You are a joke. 

RESPONSE: Evidently, water has seeped in to that wooden head of yours, Pinocchio. If the best defensive mind in the game is paying full attention to his defense, why is it that this group is getting worse?? Are you saying that BB has nothing to work with? That players like Wilfolk, Mayo, Jones, Hightower, and Spikes aren't a solid nucleus to build a solid "D" around? A genius like BB, whose paying "full attention" to his "D", can't turn it's fortunes around? LOL!!!    

that putrid "bend but don't break" scheme is pure Belichick.  Go back and look at historical differentials between yards allowed rank and points allowed rank.  Proof of how wrong you are about the DC.  Belichick's fingerprints are all over this thing.

RESPONSE: Is it working? You said that he's the greatest defensive mind in the game. Yet, a flawed "bend but don't break" is the best that the Pats' coaching staff can come up with? Typical Dog(ggggg)ie doo logic...LOL!!  

The steelers played Kansas City last night.  Did you assume they were some kind of juggernaut with that one and whatever record of theirs?  You continue to prove my point.

RESPONSE: What point is that Dog(ggggg)...the one atop your head?? LOL!!  

Your's is so narrow that you can't see the forest for the trees.  You know the pats are good (maybe not great because of a suspect defense), and you are pissed about it.  grow up man.  Its a game that someone else plays.  Its not your game.

RESPONSE: Suspect defense??? Their defense is a joke! If they aren't pisssed about the way they were torched by the weak Buffalo offense...they all should be traded to Indy, where whining and mediocrity on defense is the rule, rather than the exception. 

/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Yeah...sure you did...LOL!!! 

Thanks for proving my point - yes the pats continue to win, and, as YOU said, were "within minutes of another championship", yet you b-tch about the pats.

RESPONSE: LOL!!! Uhhh...2012 is not 2011. This is a different Patriots team, that is underachieveing...unlike last years' SB squad.

SEE YOUR THREAD TITLE.   Its one thing to express some concern or to lament that they may only be good enough to have a chance at a superbowl rather than be an outright favorite, but your glass is about 1/8th full.  PATS NEED BIG CHANGES.  What a joke.  Nice trying to change the subject away from your feeble support for your team. 

RESPONSE: Still the same ol' Pinocchio, I see...trying to twist words, and rredierect the conversation to fit your warped, bogus agenda. The 2011 team was SB worthy. But, this 2012 crew hasn't shown that there anywhere near as good as last years' team. They are underachieving on the defensive side of the ball. For whatever reason, the coaching staff is not getting the most out of it's defenders. Do you deny that?

RESPONSE: Leading the pathetic AFC East is no great feat. A know nothing, Peyton lover like you is impressed with second rate titles, and statistical accomplishments.  

Showing your ignorance.  You don't think the "best" defensive mind in the game doesn't have his hand on the pulse of his defense.

RESPONSE: So...now you're crediting BB as being the best defensive mind in the game? Based on what? How good has the Pats' "D" been since 2004?

This guy takes his preparation as far as keeping tarps off fields during rainstorms to slow down opponents.  You don't think Belichick is paying attention to his defense?  You are a joke. 

RESPONSE: Evidently, water has seeped in to that wooden head of yours, Pinocchio. If the best defensive mind in the game is paying full attention to his defense, why is it that this group is getting worse?? Are you saying that BB has nothing to work with? That players like Wilfolk, Mayo, Jones, Hightower, and Spikes aren't a solid nucleus to build a solid "D" around? A genius like BB, whose paying "full attention" to his "D", can't turn it's fortunes around? LOL!!!    

RESPONSE: Is it working? You said that he's the greatest defensive mind in the game. Yet, a flawed "bend but don't break" is the best that the Pats' coaching staff can come up with? Typical Dog(ggggg)ie doo logic...LOL!!  

The steelers played Kansas City last night.  Did you assume they were some kind of juggernaut with that one and whatever record of theirs?  You continue to prove my point.

RESPONSE: What point is that Dog(ggggg)...the one atop your head?? LOL!!  

Your's is so narrow that you can't see the forest for the trees.  You know the pats are good (maybe not great because of a suspect defense), and you are pissed about it.  grow up man.  Its a game that someone else plays.  Its not your game.

RESPONSE: Suspect defense??? Their defense is a joke! If they aren't pisssed about the way they were torched by the weak Buffalo offense...they all should be traded to Indy, where whining and mediocrity on defense is the rule, rather than the exception. 

/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    You'll note that I put the "best" word in quotes.  I don't know if hes the best, but this board sure thinks he is, thus the quotation marks.  Regardless, he is known for his defense.  If as you say, its not working, maybe he should be fired.  maybe that's the BIG change that's needed.  What say you? 

Maybe his players have stopped listening.  Maybe at 6-3 Belichick just doesn't have it anymore. 

Obviously, TP, you are a joke and a poor example of a fan.  I love listening to fans who think they know better than the coaches who've risen to the top of their profession.  Its one thing to be dissatisfied, its entirely different to claim Pats Need BIG Changes. 

Your last line is the most amusing.  whining about others whining while you whine.  Can't make this stuff up. 

To the board - I am worried about TP's mental health. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

For those not paying attention, we're on a 3 game winning streak... 

These guys need to play better, there's no magic solution, no single player that will change our outlook, we need to play better defensively, more specifically more consistant.  That's all...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For those not paying attention, we're on a 3 game winning streak... 

These guys need to play better, there's no magic solution, no single player that will change our outlook, we need to play better defensively, more specifically more consistant.  That's all...

[/QUOTE]

Now normally I would agree that this simple statement sais it all except for the fact that I could insert this same statement on any thread made here in the last 3 years and it would apply. I mean with all due respect Wozzy, When are these things supposed to come to fruition??  I mean BB has had these guys for a while and its the same thing every week. Isnt it time to dig out the out company line for this one?   "It is what it is"

It aint changing or getting better, it simply is what it is. Dont know what THAT is,but it IS. Plain n' Simple . Im done wishing on a star but as long as # 12 is upright, I believe we have a chance and its worth watching..

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

This just in> 

Boston - The New England Patriots have fired Bill Belichick as GM.  Belichick will stay on as head coach of the team where he is known for defensive prowess as a coach.  Owner Bob Kraft said in a news conference today that he'd heard enough from fans regarding the team's lackluster defensive play.  He's hired a fan known as Texas Pat to manage the team's personnel. 

Texas Pat promises BIG CHANGES. 

One reporter said he overheard Belichick mumbling- Bill always told me that if I was going cook the meal, I should at least be allowed to shop for the groceries.  Publicly Belichick had no comment.