Pats need to add DEs than TE needed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Pats need to add DEs than TE needed

Should the Pats to add the DBs to stop the run or add TE to open the run? 

The Pats need to stop the run in order to go deep into the play off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Pats need to add DEs than TE needed

In response to profootball's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think they will scheme to stop the run if NEED be. I thought it was a concern too but not really, here is why. BB in his EEI interview noted that he was more upset at halftime of the Panthers game than the Denver one because Denver running was by design. When he played Carolina, a running team, we shut them down. When playing Manning, you want to limit throws. BB was upset that we let a running team pass on us and convert 3rd downs at a high rate. In the playoffs, if we face a running team, BB will stack for it. One other thing to mention is that teams that Run 1st generally dont win anything. Name me the last smashmouth team to win? Bmore didnt win one until they let Flacco loose. KC when they had the great Larry Johnson rushing for lots of yards always got shut down and scored 6 to 9 pts. So Im not worried really cuz if a team wants to run 1st in the playoff, so what? Im concerned with being able to stop the run at the end of game if we are down but I plan on us getting UP on teams so NO, Its not an issue and even so, NO DE off the street is gonna help with run defense IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

The fact the the Pats let go of two backup DTs this week tells me that BB is not very concerned about the state of the run D.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

OL is thin. The Pats worked out Nick McDonald earlier this week. I thought he would be signed and surprised that nothing had happened yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Interesting, thanks for posting.

I don't even know if it would be helpful to add players to the roster who are unfamiliar with BB's offensive/defensive schemes - this late in the season, especially for a receiver/TE or dbs.

The Patriots have a weakness in the middle of both their offensive and defensive lines.  Spikes and Hightower (or even Collins) is the next level to stop the run. I think it was Adrian Wilson who might have been slated to help with pass coverage and support run d?

They've added Sopoaga. Only further play will determine if he's up to the task for helping the DL position.

In addition, if you want additional help for protecting Brady and helping with run blocking - I'm not sure why Hooman can't be that person.  I'd like to see more of Hooman and Gronk on the field for more power sets.

So, if the Patriots are gonna add more players....interior DL or OL might be helpful. Otherwise, I think BB is going to have to use who is on the team now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't even know if it would be helpful to add players to the roster who are unfamiliar with BB's offensive/defensive schemes - this late in the season, especially for a receiver/TE or dbs.

The Patriots have a weakness in the middle of both their offensive and defensive lines.  Spikes and Hightower (or even Collins) is the next level to stop the run. I think it was Adrian Wilson who might have been slated to help with pass coverage and support run d?

They've added Sopoaga. Only further play will determine if he's up to the task for helping the DL position.

In addition, if you want additional help for protecting Brady and helping with run blocking - I'm not sure why Hooman can't be that person.  I'd like to see more of Hooman and Gronk on the field for more power sets.

So, if the Patriots are gonna add more players....interior DL or OL might be helpful. Otherwise, I think BB is going to have to use who is on the team now.

[/QUOTE]

Rkarp reported that Hooman went on I/R. Sounds like a depth signing or a look towards next year. Mulligan is a blocker as we saw how he looked on his one pass attempt...lol > Devlin can help with run blocking but not pass blocking. Need to pick up a lineman anyway if Cannon is down for a bit. 2 guys released so maybe a p/s o lineman gets promoted

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I thought is was by design also letting them run. You want to give the Broncos yards running and not warm up the passing game. The Broncos offense was realy not near its usual self until the last drive to tie.

As far as the rest of the year, don't plan on the defense getting on the field very much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The cut Fortson loose so I hope this is a sign we'll see one of the practice squad defensive tackles called up?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to anonymis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In addition, if you want additional help for protecting Brady and helping with run blocking - I'm not sure why Hooman can't be that person.  I'd like to see more of Hooman and Gronk on the field for more power sets.

[/QUOTE]

Rkarp reported that Hooman went on I/R. Sounds like a depth signing or a look towards next year. Mulligan is a blocker as we saw how he looked on his one pass attempt...lol > Devlin can help with run blocking but not pass blocking. Need to pick up a lineman anyway if Cannon is down for a bit. 2 guys released so maybe a p/s o lineman gets promoted

[/QUOTE]

Is that the case?  I haven't seen anything that confirms that.  Last I knew was that Hooman was not present at practice, but nothing suggested that he had been put on IR.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

TE

Sections
Shortcuts