Pats need to resign Willie back the original 55

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Pats need to resign Willie back the original 55

He is such a power hitter and he can stop any player That is what the Pats need and McGenist wants to come back SIGN HIM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: Pats need to resign Willie back the original 55

I think Seau would be a better addition at this point. Less depth at his position and played at a higher level then McGinest past two or three years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

you do realize that the goal was to get faster on defense, and there are only 53 guys allowed on the team and we already are gonna have to cut a few guys that could have made the team

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Ahhh...nostalgia is such a seductive addiction.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDoItchBig. Show DrDoItchBig's posts

Seau no, only if it was because of injury later in the season then yes.. Since the Burgess trade happend I don't think we really need Willie Mac back either..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

What they really need is another LB who can do what Willie used to do for the team. Unfortunately, he is well past his prime. This defense hasn't been the same since Willie left. But that doesn't mean bringing him back 3 or 4 years older is the answer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

How about Andre Tippett.  He still looks to be in pretty good shape.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

ILB could use some help too. What's Steve Nelson up to these days. His #57 is available too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I really hope some of the new players have the Willie Mac factor.  I don't need these folks to be all-pros or lead the league in anything.  I'll take the way things were when we won SB's any day.  We just need solid players who perform good, and then we need a few players who will reach deep down inside of themselves and make the great plays when we need them the most.

I doubt Willie would be that same player 4 years later.  It's a shame though.  Our D doesn't have enough of the guys who make the critical plays.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

How do you know it's the players and not the scheme? Everyone talks about "bend but don't break." That to me means a passive defense. Contain the offense don't attack. Of course I'm not gonna argue BB's philosophy. But when you say the Pats D doesn't have playmakers. You should think about what they are being asked to do.

Sections
Shortcuts