Pats NEED to sign Heyward-Bey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Pats NEED to sign Heyward-Bey

Have there been any rumors involving him? I'm kind of suprised I haven't heard anything....I thought at least one team would be interested in a young WR with great speed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Brady2Amendola's comment:

Could be our next Randy Moss 

Unreal...LOL!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

His hands are indeed an issue.  The guy can't catch.  He drops balls often.  He'll drive fans crazy here and he probably wouldn't last anyway because BB would cut him.  It would be more fuel to the fire for those who argue about FAs that don't make the team.  

Amen. If the Pats signed him, he would make Pats' fans yearn for a return of Bethel Johnson. LOL!!!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Remember when Buddy Ryan said "all Cris Carter can do is catch touchdowns"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFx4-QPQuuI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idKNMx4fB3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtvCcAtV5_M

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric1. Show KyleCleric1's posts

DHB? :/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I actually like the idea of bringing in Hayward-Bey.  Have seen him play several times and think he could offer a lot.  He could be a deeper threat and I like taller receivers. He would be taller then Jones, Sanders and taller then Lloyd was.  I think he would be solid!

TB12 the Patriots presently have Amendola,Jones,Ebert,Aikens and Holmes under contract too play WR. Holmes and Aikens are over 6'0 tall. However neither guy has much NFL experience. I remember Holmes because he got a lot of hype out of college mainly because he went to a really small school Hillman University. A slight correction in my heigth chart the Patriots only have one wr under 6' tall Danny Amendola who is 5'11. I also forgot to include Matthew Slater in as a WR.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I actually like the idea of bringing in Hayward-Bey.  Have seen him play several times and think he could offer a lot.  He could be a deeper threat and I like taller receivers. He would be taller then Jones, Sanders and taller then Lloyd was.  I think he would be solid!

TB12 the Patriots presently have Amendola,Jones,Ebert,Aikens and Holmes under contract too play WR. Holmes and Aikens are over 6'0 tall. However neither guy has much NFL experience. I remember Holmes because he got a lot of hype out of college mainly because he went to a really small school Hillman University.

I like DHB over all the current Pats WR's you listed for the WR spot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to Brady2Amendola's comment:

Could be our next Randy Moss 

Unreal...LOL!!!

I agree that he could be as far as speed, height and spreading the field.  More so then anyone else on the Pats WR roster and more so then any WR the Pats have had since Moss.  I get what the OP is saying, I don't think he meant he could be Randy Moss, but have the ability to spread the field like Moss did.  Open up you mind TexasPat and stop reading to deep into some of these posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to garytx's comment:

His hands are indeed an issue.  The guy can't catch.  He drops balls often.  He'll drive fans crazy here and he probably wouldn't last anyway because BB would cut him.  It would be more fuel to the fire for those who argue about FAs that don't make the team.  

[QUOTE]

It's interesting how perception becomes reality, when the truth is something entirely different...

Quote from this article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1022657-why-darrius-heyward-bey-will-make-his-fist-pro-bowl-in-2012

"Darrius Heyward-Bey's improved hands are the most important improvement he has made, because without it, nothing else matters. He was embarrassing in his rookie campaign, dropping passes and unnecessarily jumping for passes at times.

Then in 2010, his second year, he started to look like a decent receiver, with a drop percentage of only 10.3 percent.

In 2011, he drastically improved that, cutting his drop percentage in half to 5.3 percent, and three of those drops were in one horrible quarter.

In fact, that 5.3 drop percentage has him in the top percentile of NFL receivers."

Good find Muzwell.

I would like to see DHB brought in to look at.  Sanders is another slot guy, We need some more WR and I think DHB would be the best of the Pats group as of right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I actually remember a lot of us wanting to draft this guy a few years ago.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

TB12 the Patriots presently have Amendola,Jones,Ebert,Aikens and Holmes under contract too play WR. Holmes and Aikens are over 6'0 tall. However neither guy has much NFL experience. I remember Holmes because he got a lot of hype out of college mainly because he went to a really small school Hillman University.

I like DHB over all the current Pats WR's you listed for the WR spot.

This may sound crazy but the  best option on the open market is Terrell Owens. I'm not a fan of his personality quirks and he is getting up there in years but for pure production he has to be the best availible WR.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

No the Pats don't need Bey. Million dollar legs (speed) ten cent brain. No thanks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This may sound crazy but thest option on the open market is Terrell Owens. I'm not a fan of his personality quirks and he is getting up there in years but for pure production he has to be the best availible WR.

Sportsbozo you are one of the posters here who I greatly respect your opinions, they are usually spot on.  I usually look through threads to see if you have posted your opinion on the subect because I think you have a very good sense of reason and I like to see your take on things.  Even the ones I don't agree with, which are very few, there is some truth to them. 

As much as I don't like Owens, his 2010 stats just might make you right on this.  But that was 2010, he has been out of football a couple of years, I wouldn't want to take that chance on him.  But again, I may be saying that because I don't care for the guy. I still like the DHB suggestion/idea best of all at this point!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Just trade a 1st rder to the Giants for Victor Cruz.

With Amendola, Sanders and Cruz in here, with Hernandez, you basically have 4 guys who can run good routes, have good hands and can run the routes from the all the spots, which will drive Def Coordinators beserk when trying to gameplan for that kind of offense.

Add in Gronk and Ballard as the blocking and receving TEs over the middle and that's as balanced as any offense around.

This whole idea of "we need a guy to 'take the top off' of a D" annoys the hell out of me.

There aren't Randy Mosses growing on trees and people like Mike Wallace at 13 million per who run 4 routes, don't really have football IQ, just want to get paid, etc, is now what we need.

Not against Hewyard-Bey, but with Lloyd gone, need a quality route runner and UPGRADE this position at the same time.

That's assuming Sanders comes here, it's not a sure thing.  Plus aren't Sanders and Cruz more of a slot guys?  Really need more of an outside guy.  I would take Cruz but would rather the Pats focus more on an outside guy then Sanders.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

With Amendola, Sanders and Cruz in here, with Hernandez, you basically have 4 guys who can run good routes, have good hands and can run the routes from the all the spots, which will drive Def Coordinators beserk when trying to gameplan for that kind of offense.

Add in Gronk and Ballard as the blocking and receving TEs over the middle and that's as balanced as any offense around.

This whole idea of "we need a guy to 'take the top off' of a D" annoys the hell out of me.

There aren't Randy Mosses growing on trees and people like Mike Wallace at 13 million per who run 4 routes, don't really have football IQ, just want to get paid, etc, is now what we need.

Not against Hewyard-Bey, but with Lloyd gone, need a quality route runner and UPGRADE this position at the same time.

That's assuming Sanders comes here, it's not a sure thing.  Plus aren't Sanders and Cruz more of a slot guys?  Really need more of an outside guy.  I would take Cruz but would rather the Pats focus more on an outside guy then Sanders.

Yeah TO hasn't played in awhile so I had to use his prior stats. I don't have anything against DHB,I was simply supplying an alternative. Just because Lloyd was released doesn't mean he won't be back! I also think that both Aikens and Holmes will be given long looks because you can't teach size or speed. Aikens is 6'2 and runs well enough to play gunner on ST's as for Holmes he is the tallest of all the Patriots WR's at 6'5 but he is a stringbean!! Ebert is another SWR type so the only way he makes the team is if DA is injured. As for the aforementioned Emmanuel Sanders he hasn't signed an offer sheet with NE so I don't count him as even a possibility especially since he will cost a 3rd round draft choice,however if after the draft he's still availible I could see BB trying to sign him and giving up a 3rd rounder next year! There really aren't many burners left to choose from DHB, Devery Henderson and Titus Young seem to be all I could find...They all have their own idyocyncracies! Whom ever they sign will not shock me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

Yeah TO hasn't played in awhile so I had to use his prior stats. I don't have anything against DHB,I was simply supplying an alternative. Just because Lloyd was released doesn't mean he won't be back! I also think that both Aikens and Holmes will be given long looks because you can't teach size or speed. Aikens is 6'2 and runs well enough to play gunner on ST's as for Holmes he is the tallest of all the Patriots WR's at 6'5 but he is a stringbean!! Ebert is another SWR type so the only way he makes the team is if DA is injured. As for the aforementioned Emmanuel Sanders he hasn't signed an offer sheet with NE so I don't count him as even a possibility especially since he will cost a 3rd round draft choice,however if after the draft he's still availible I could see BB trying to sign him and giving up a 3rd rounder next year! There really aren't many burners left to choose from DHB, Devery Henderson and Titus Young seem to be all I could find...They all have their own idyocyncracies! Whom ever they sign will not shock me.

TO is washed up DHB has potential to be good Especially in the Patriots offense

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

DHB would last five minutes with TB before Brady studiously ignored what ever part of the field DHB occupied. The guy is fast. That is the extent of his talent. He has bricks for hands and bricks between his ears. Doesn't run routes well and when he does get open he drops the ball.

I say bring Randy back before this guy. Heck I hear Ocho is looking to make a comeback ... bring him in.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

I say bring Randy back before this guy.

Don't get me started!! LOL! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I say bring Randy back before this guy.

Don't get me started!! LOL! 

I woluldn't rule out a RM sighting,BB is strange when it comes too football players though in RM's case he's pretty much done as far as his playing career is concerned. I like Titus Young only because he is a really gifted receiver,after watching him catch everything thrown in his general vacinity at Boise state it was kind of sad watching him play in Detroit... He has also developed a bit of an attitude so I don't know if he is salvageable. Henderson is a money WR and he bailed out the Saints on a number of occassions so he might be a more viable option,but if the Patriots are looking for a true deep threat then DHB could be like catching Moss in a bottle!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Gee, another suggestion for ANOTHER WR who cant catch, get open or just do what a WR is supposed to do?

We have seen enough WRs over the last 7 years who cant play WR. Do we really want to bring in everyone else's mistakes as well?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

DHB would last five minutes with TB before Brady studiously ignored what ever part of the field DHB occupied. The guy is fast. That is the extent of his talent. He has bricks for hands and bricks between his ears. Doesn't run routes well and when he does get open he drops the ball.

I say bring Randy back before this guy. Heck I hear Ocho is looking to make a comeback ... bring him in.

More preconceived notions. What's your evidence that he has bad hands?  You want mensa candidates or football players? He does everything Mike Wallace does, except he was stuck on a dysfunctional team so nobody noticed. 

Sections
Shortcuts