Pats needed botched Field Goal to get into Super Bowl, Regular Season Means nothing and other NY Urban legends

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Pats needed botched Field Goal to get into Super Bowl, Regular Season Means nothing and other NY Urban legends

Pats needed botched Field Goal to get into Super Bowl! - Giants fans don't seem to have a problem with Gostkowski's botched field goal at half time of the regular season game.  What about Scott Norwood?  Giants fans have never heard of that guy?

Botched Field Goal that would have tied it 23-23 win the game! an NFL Overtime rule that only Donovan McNabb knows about. Big Blue Giants would never have to go into overtime to win a Championship game, no way, not getting there from some muffed punt that barely grazed a guy's knee, either!

The Giants already beat the Patriots this season!  but the other 15 games where they went 8-7, barely surviving 6 of those wins don't matter.  but the head to head matchup in 2007 regualr season, that was different, that doesn't count when extrapolating to that post-season

The Giants are playing at their peak!  but you can't count our record setting Broncos game, only the ones the Giants win

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Pats needed botched Field Goal to get into Super Bowl, Regular Season Means nothing and other NY Urban legends

Funny but I can barely understand what you're trying to say in some of these

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Pats needed botched Field Goal to get into Super Bowl, Regular Season Means nothing and other NY Urban legends

Well thank goodness the Patriots only needed a botched field goal. And still, that would have only got the Ravens to an overtime.  Giants needed two botched punt returns and a botched whistle blow for Bradshaws fumble to make it to the SB.

As far as the Pats Giants game this season that was more of a gimme than a Giants win.  Looking at the stats of the game you would have thought the patriots won by 17.

Patriots D is playing better then they have all season.  As far as the Giants rush... I think I heard that over 50 percent of TB's passes against the Ravens were out of his hand in 2 seconds.  Good luck sacking him like that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: Pats needed botched Field Goal to get into Super Bowl, Regular Season Means nothing and other NY Urban legends:
    Well thank goodness the Patriots only needed a botched field goal. And still, that would have only got the Ravens to an overtime.  Giants needed two botched punt returns and a botched whistle blow for Bradshaws fumble to make it to the SB. As far as the Pats Giants game this season that was more of a gimme than a Giants win.  Looking at the stats of the game you would have thought the patriots won by 17. Patriots D is playing better then they have all season.  As far as the Giants rush... I think I heard that over 50 percent of TB's passes against the Ravens were out of his hand in 2 seconds.  Good luck sacking him like that.
    Posted by TFB12

Hey TFB12!

The Gints needed a rookie to muff a punt and fumble the ball to win! We will have to see who makes the most errors...that team loses.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

don't forget Eli's 2 ducks against SF
    Twice -one DB was going to INT and then ran
    into a teammate who was also going to get the INT

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Pats needed botched Field Goal to get into Super Bowl, Regular Season Means nothing and other NY Urban legends:
    Funny but I can barely understand what you're trying to say in some of these
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Captain..  What this poster is trying to say is the media is selectively using various elements of the Patriots season to rationalize why they are where they are at to diminish their success.  IE - 13 - 3 record with no wins versus teams above .500; Defeating the Ravens BECAUSE of the missed FG (didn't know tying the game would mean the Ravens WOULD have won!) While conversely, totally ignoring how the Giants backed in..  49ers with TWO gift punt return fumbles inside their own 30 resulting in 10 points for the Giants; The Giants are a 9 - 7 team.. why no one talks about the fact this season they lost FOUR more games than the Pats; The Giants defeated the Patriots earlier in the season in Foxboro without noting two Giant TD came off of PI calls that gave the Giants the ball inside the Pats 10 twice!  etc etc etc..  right?  The Giants DESERVED to be here, the Pats do not is the tone!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Ya I get that, I thought the wording was kind of funny, I had to read it a couple times.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Cappie, I had problems reading it too......so, I read reading 101 for dummies...then I understood exactly what he wrote (after reading AGCbill's explanation).Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: Pats needed botched Field Goal to get into Super Bowl, Regular Season Means nothing and other NY Urban legends : Hey TFB12! The Gints needed a rookie to muff a punt and fumble the ball to win! We will have to see who makes the most errors...that team loses.
    Posted by bradleyBliss

that does usually happen between 2 evenly matched teams. great point

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

Let's not forget two of our turnovers led to 6 points for the Ravens ... and we had 4 turnovers against the Giants in our game this season and they still needed help from the refs on their last drive to beat us.

If the Patriots limit errors / turnovers we should all be very happy the first Sunday evening in February !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

New Yorkers and NY fans have two things in common:

You can tell 'em something but you can't tell 'em much.

Civil discourse escapes them even amongst themselves...

Ya, and I make this claim after twenty years of residency
    while rooting for all things Boston....

Hey, it was fun....Oh and Jeter liked my B-cap too....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Pats needed botched Field Goal to get into Super Bowl, Regular Season Means nothing and other NY Urban legends : Captain..  What this poster is trying to say is the media is selectively using various elements of the Patriots season to rationalize why they are where they are at to diminish their success.  IE - 13 - 3 record with no wins versus teams above .500; Defeating the Ravens BECAUSE of the missed FG (didn't know tying the game would mean the Ravens WOULD have won!) While conversely, totally ignoring how the Giants backed in..  49ers with TWO gift punt return fumbles inside their own 30 resulting in 10 points for the Giants; The Giants are a 9 - 7 team.. why no one talks about the fact this season they lost FOUR more games than the Pats; The Giants defeated the Patriots earlier in the season in Foxboro without noting two Giant TD came off of PI calls that gave the Giants the ball inside the Pats 10 twice!  etc etc etc..  right?  The Giants DESERVED to be here, the Pats do not is the tone!
    Posted by agcsbill

Why would anyone expect the sportstertainment mouths to change their tune now? When was the last time you heard one them rattling off defensive stats to mention the Pats 15th rank in oints surrendered was only 5 points behind the Ravens ot that 7 points seperated the top 16 teams.

The Ravens missed field goal was obviously the first 4 point FG in NFL history since everyone says it would have won them the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Everyone talks about us not beating anyone with a winning record.  The Giants only beat 1 team (just so happens that it was us... but still...)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

New Yorkers and NY fans have two things in common: You can tell 'em something but you can't tell 'em much. Civil discourse escapes them even amongst themselves... Ya, and I make this claim after twenty years of residency while rooting for all things Boston.... Hey, it was fun....Oh and Jeter liked my B-cap too....
    Posted by threejak

and what do these comments say about you ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Jerry thinks that posting here will compensate for his tiny manhood.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Jerry thinks that posting here will compensate for his tiny manhood.
    Posted by Evil2012

mine is average. what about yours ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Pats needed botched Field Goal to get into Super Bowl, Regular Season Means nothing and other NY Urban legends : mine is average. what about yours ?
    Posted by jerrynewyork

Sorry child. I know you need an internet playmate to make up for your lack of real friends but I've got grown up things to do. By the way...average for chipmunks or squirrels doesn't qualify you for manhood.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Pats needed botched Field Goal to get into Super Bowl, Regular Season Means nothing and other NY Urban legends : you forgot one:   The ravens won the game but the touchdown wasn't called a touchdown like it should have been...and it wasn't even reviewed!
    Posted by JintsFan

It wasn't review because it wasn't a TD.  Please learn the rules.
    Actually, the T. Smith td wasn't a TD but they got a way with that one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

In response to "Re: Pats needed botched Field Goal to get into Super Bowl, Regular Season Means nothing and other NY Urban legends":
    In Response to Pats needed botched Field Goal to get into Super Bowl, Regular Season Means nothing and other NY Urban legends : you forgot one:   The ravens won the game but the touchdown wasn't called a touchdown like it should have been...and it wasn't even reviewed! Posted by JintsFan
    Yes, Thanks for proving my point, New York fans are typically not very informed about rules or strategy of a game, and tend to make the basic mistakes about understanding the game as you just did. I've seen a lot of this first hand, even a Yankees fan that was dumb enough to believe that a ball that hits the foul pole was foul, that's why they call it "the foul pole" and not the fair pole, I convinced the poor rube. No wonder 3 card monty and the shell game are so big there, too many dumb and naive folks strutting around like peacocks pretending to be streetwise, ha ha ha. losers......

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Botched Field Goal that would have tied it 23-23 win the game! an NFL Overtime rule that only Donovan McNabb knows about. Big Blue Giants would never have to go into overtime to win a Championship game, no way, not getting there from some muffed punt that barely grazed a guy's knee, either!

Excellent McChoke point. Anytime one gets a chance to dig at McNabb I'm in. I dislike him slightly less then Elway.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Ya I get that, I thought the wording was kind of funny, I had to read it a couple times.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Dumb your self down and cover one eye.. it becomes clearer!!!  LOL!!  (-;

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Pats needed botched Field Goal to get into Super Bowl, Regular Season Means nothing and other NY Urban legends : Why would anyone expect the sportstertainment mouths to change their tune now? When was the last time you heard one them rattling off defensive stats to mention the Pats 15th rank in oints surrendered was only 5 points behind the Ravens ot that 7 points seperated the top 16 teams. The Ravens missed field goal was obviously the first 4 point FG in NFL history since everyone says it would have won them the game.
    Posted by Evil2012

Agreed, Evil...  they aren't exactly crawling all over themselves to be complimentary about the Pats.  If anything, it comes out begrudgingly when confronted by someone who wants to negate their negative stance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

you forgot one:   The ravens won the game but the touchdown wasn't called a touchdown like it should have been...and it wasn't even reviewed!
    Posted by JintsFan

Dude, you are a hommer!  That wasn't a touchdown, they didn't have to review it.  He didn't even have control of the ball when his second foot touched the ground.

Sections
Shortcuts