Pats Offense? Playoff Turnaround?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Pats Offense? Playoff Turnaround?

Round up the usual suspects.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

How so and was it worth a whole new thread?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

crazy...........  both sides have flaws.  Both can be stop and go.  As absolutely silly as it is to have people saying the team will go nowhere with this defense, you blaming the offense and saying THEY are at fault is even worse.  Both have some flaws and all in all I'd say the offense is better than the defense but both worked together in a complementary fashion 13 times.  Sometimes the defense stepped in and got it done, sometimes the offense.  That is football.  Steelers game neither stepped up, Bills game I'd say was on the defense, Giants game was on the offense.  That about covers it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Offense? Playoff Turnaround?:
    [QUOTE]crazy...........  both sides have flaws.  Both can be stop and go.  As absolutely silly as it is to have people saying the team will go nowhere with this defense, you blaming the offense and saying THEY are at fault is even worse.  Both have some flaws and all in all I'd say the offense is better than the defense but both worked together in a complementary fashion 13 times.  Sometimes the defense stepped in and got it done, sometimes the offense.  That is football.  Steelers game neither stepped up, Bills game I'd say was on the defense, Giants game was on the offense.  That about covers it.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you to an extent on this observation - it's football and it really is not as cut and dried as...offense=to blame and defense=to blame. In my opinion this defense is not Super Bowl worthy and the offense is much much closer to that. I guess we will find out soon enough. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Let's see the 2nd ranked Offense needs to improve to help out the 32 rank Defense...I'm in how we going to pull this off in time for the playoffs?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

New Rule, anyone calling a Pats fan and "Brady Ballwasher" if concidered a troll from this day forth...NO Exceptions!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I actually think that RantingwiththeKing is trying to get bounced off of this board again.  Feel free to use that name when you come back Rusty!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Rustyyyyyyy, why don't you go down to Gillette one morning about 4 am and see if you can bump into BB, TB, or Bill O'B. Maybe if you talk some sense into these egotistical morons you can save the playoffs before those guys have a chance to screw it all up!!!

Let us know how you make out !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Dear Rusty,

Thank you for clarifying how we will win the Super Bowl...Keep Brady and this horrific offense off the field and let the likes of Kyle Love and Sergio Brown carry us to glory!

I can see it now - Brandon Spikes anxiously awaits taking the field - a very nervous Tom Brady stands by...Brandon turns to Brady and says, "worry not amateur, this defense that was crafted of gold by the Gods themselves will lead you to shelter - climb on my back". Brady faints (we all would when surrounded by such greatness). The final score Patriots 6...anyone else who dares 0. The Patriots score their only points off of safeties - they "only" get three safeties because when sacking said quarterback, they kill him - after the third time the opposing team must forfeit because there is no one left to man the position.

Tune in next week as Riding with the king breaks down the intricacies of the cover two defense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Here's what I agree with Rusty: Teams like Balt/Pitt/Houston and even Cincy blitz well and all are going to bring it. There seems to be a consistency since the loss to the GMen in SB with teams playing 9-10 in the box and pressing our recievers and blitzing Brady. It has worked the last 4 losses against the Pats in the Playoffs. I agree that the Pats must create some kind of run game early and throughout to allow play action to be effective. If the Pats try to ride the arm of Brady solely, these playoffs they will be done early. Boy would I love Cory Dillon on this team every year!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]Here's what I agree with Rusty: Teams like Balt/Pitt/Houston and even Cincy blitz well and all are going to bring it. There seems to be a consistency since the loss to the GMen in SB with teams playing 9-10 in the box and pressing our recievers and blitzing Brady. It has worked the last 4 losses against the Pats in the Playoffs. I agree that the Pats must create some kind of run game early and throughout to allow play action to be effective. If the Pats try to ride the arm of Brady solely, these playoffs they will be done early. Boy would I love Cory Dillon on this team every year!
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but Pats didn't clear their backfield against those situations as much as they just did against Miami.  Hope they can repeat that perfomance in the playoffs, because they're gonna get blitzed a ton.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

[QUOTE]Let's see the 2nd ranked Offense needs to improve to help out the 32 rank Defense...I'm in how we going to pull this off in time for the playoffs?
    Posted by Tomhab[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  If any team can slow down this offense, the Pats are in trouble, because this defense lets every team move between the 20's at will.  At the end of the Miami game, Pats up 10, I'm saying the one this defense can't do is just let the Phins score in less than a minute.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]NE's D was on the field every other minute 7 total times in the first half. That's why they aren't nailing games down late.  Do you even watch the games? How do you expect any D to be in good shape after an offensive display like that, which featured 6 straight drives of holding the football for around a minute? The D goes to sit down, grab a drink and regroup and the next thing they know, they're back on the field over and over and over and over. This is what you hope for from our offense in terms of playing complementary football, the thing that was so key in us seeing 3 SBs come to Foxborough? Explain how our offense not moving a ball past the 50 in the first half should be acceptable with a reigning MVP and this talent on offense:
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Read the drive chart . . . the the offense did have a series of short drives, but Miami's offense was mostly running short drives too.  Our defense wasn't exhausted unless there's a conditioning problem.  They gave up 82 yards in 2 minutes at the end of the first quarter.  Then after a short Pats drive and teh break between quarters gave up another 89 yards in just under six minutes. That had nothing to do with the offense leaving the defense exhausted. That was just bad defense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

You guys do realize that the same amount of time passes between runs and passes right? The time running off a game clock is not representative of actual time passed. Three missed passes takes the same amount of time as 3 runs that don't result in a first down. The game clock stops but the play lock still runs and time passes. The defense resting idea doesn't wash unless you think the runs would have gotten a first down and you have know way of knowing. Any 3 and out, no matter pass or run uses the same amount of real time.