Pats old uniforms should be brought back for good.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from msashner. Show msashner's posts

Pats old uniforms should be brought back for good.

I know its been a few weeks since they wore them at the beginning of the season, but I still can't get over how awesome the Pats old uniforms are.  Its not that I hate the newer uniforms, because I don't, but the old ones just have so much more style and class.  The worst unis ever were when they first switched over to the new style in like '93 or '94 (the early Bledsoe days).  Those things were hideous.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Pats old uniforms should be brought back for good.

Second.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

I was so looking forward to the throw backs in week one. I have to say I was quite disapointed. Something was off. I'm not sure what it was. maybe the new materials today change the way they looked. Were they different than the ones they wore on Thanksgiving that year?? I don't know.. just something.. There... I made this into a waffle for breakfast and selected "Not sure"  Or maybe I was channeling Bret Favre..  lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

while they look great, wearing red jersey's resembles the Red Coats of the British . . . how 'bout the blue jersey's with the Pat Patriot helmet???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

NO because it looked like they played on the same level as the Pats of old. Its only coincidence but after changing uniforms they began to win a lot more often. It also helped that there were new owners and good coaches.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Love the throwbacks!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfanofthenorthredeux. Show Patsfanofthenorthredeux's posts

I gotta disagree with you, fellas.

With the Old Pats Patriot garb they played like the Boston Patriots.

I like Pat Patriot, just not the uniforms.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from eeadams33. Show eeadams33's posts

I too, love Pat Patriot. I grew up with Pat.

But...

Therein lies the rub... the bad memories of old, overwhelm the good feelings I get from the modern Pats.

Perhaps, if the uni's were brought out half-way through the season, after Tom and the rest of the team had shaken off the rust, rather than game 1, when they weren't playing so well (and making me scream at the TV like I used to), I might feel differently.

Bring Pat out occasionally to remind us of where we can from, but let's not relive the past.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from salpointe. Show salpointe's posts

Need the blue strip on the helmet along with the red ones.....like the Grogan days!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfanofthenorthredeux. Show Patsfanofthenorthredeux's posts

I agree with your sentiments ee33.

You scream at your TV, too ? . . .

I see you have a hairy, four-footer, growely Pats fan as your avitar.  My hairy Pats fans come running down to see what's invading the basement then run back upstairs again to the "calm zone".  (I like watching the games alone so I can vocalize at will . . .)

I said after the Bills game that, " If the season goes on like this, I won't make it ."   This game should be telling to see if the offense clicks against the Ray Ray D, and the under-ratred defense is un-Flaco-ble.

The lsos was actually a relief. It's not that the pats got beaten as much as they lost, and all the 19-0 pressure evaporated. (Though much props to Sanchize and the second-half Jets Jets Jets.)

Maybe the Pats can keep the same duds but put a Pats Patriot on the helmet and left Flying Elvi take a Viva Las Vegas vacay.

OR, maybe a real cool retro/present hybrid uni with a neon Pats P, or one with googly eyes or LED red ones . ..  Something cool.  Halloween is coming !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimnagle. Show jimnagle's posts

As a diehard Pats fan from the first game in 1960 (when I was thirteen), I continue to have a visceral response to the sight of the old unis.  When I first saw the new style uniforms, I was in shock: they just don't begin to compare.  And judging by players' comments, they love the old ones, and the staff has trouble getting the stuff back, especially the Pat Patriot helmets, after a throwback game.

BTW, we oldtimers knew, of course, that the Brits were the redcoats, but that did not dim our enthusiasm for the old gear.

As for the notion that returning to the old unis might return us to the old levels of performance: if that were really true, I would say forget it, keep the Flying Elvis.  But what is overlooked is that many of the old Boston Patriot teams were overachievers, ragged bands of castoffs and ne'er-do-wells who weren't expected to do anything, but would up being competitive beyond exectations.

I cast my vote for Pat Patriot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimnagle. Show jimnagle's posts

Good to see that prairiemike has weighed in on this, as he has way-back Pats creds.  I'm looking forward to hearing from Yapple, whose self-drawn Babe Parilli avatar is simply the best of all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alaskadad. Show Alaskadad's posts

In Response to Pats old uniforms should be brought back for good.:
    [QUOTE]I know its been a few weeks since they wore them at the beginning of the season, but I still can't get over how awesome the Pats old uniforms are.  Its not that I hate the newer uniforms, because I don't, but the old ones just have so much more style and class.  The worst unis ever were when they first switched over to the new style in like '93 or '94 (the early Bledsoe days).  Those things were hideous.
    Posted by msashner[/QUOTE]
    Seeing the Pats throwback uniforms reminded me of how they usually played when they wore them....... a memory I can do without. Nope. Keep the Flying Elvis emblem guys.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: Pats old uniforms should be brought back for good.:
    [QUOTE]As a diehard Pats fan from the first game in 1960 (when I was thirteen), I continue to have a visceral response to the sight of the old unis.  When I first saw the new style uniforms, I was in shock: they just don't begin to compare.  And judging by players' comments, they love the old ones, and the staff has trouble getting the stuff back, especially the Pat Patriot helmets, after a throwback game. BTW, we oldtimers knew, of course, that the Brits were the redcoats, but that did not dim our enthusiasm for the old gear. As for the notion that returning to the old unis might return us to the old levels of performance: if that were really true, I would say forget it, keep the Flying Elvis.  But what is overlooked is that many of the old Boston Patriot teams were overachievers, ragged bands of castoffs and ne'er-do-wells who weren't expected to do anything, but would up being competitive beyond exectations. I cast my vote for Pat Patriot.
    Posted by jimnagle[/QUOTE]

This right here is a thing that I sometimes think the new generation of Pats fans does not understand entirely. I think there is a segment of the fan base now that has become spoiled to some extent by the team's unrivaled success in the Kraft/Belichick era. Rooting for the Pats, when I was a young man, was a labor of love. There were some good teams and one truly magical playoff run, but by and large the Pats were not just a marginal team, but at times a downright laughingstock -- and those of us who inhabited that tumorous growth they called a stadium wore that reputation as a badge of honor. Victory -- any victory under any circumstances -- was precious and celebrated as though it might not ever happen again (and sometimes it didn't). But Foxboro (nee: Sullivan; nee: Schaefer) Stadium was an inhospitable place to play (and watch).

I hated the Flying Elvis and the p*ssy blue uniforms when they came around, and it took me years to get used to them -- and the Pats becoming a juggernaut certainly hasn't hurt any. But anybody can root for a winner. Those red uniforms, and especially the Pat Patriot logo, represent something special to me. Something that was ours kind of by default -- because nobody else wanted it. There was pride in that that is kind of hard to explain to somebody who freaks out when the team loses ONE game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

actually, most of the old AFL uniforms are far superior to those being worn today . . . too much pyschological BS about needed dark colors . . . the AFL uniforms were creative, colorful and quite entertaining . . . so was the cover art on many programs

great AFL uniforms particularly include Patriots, Oilers, Chargers, Bills

http://www.mmbolding.com/BSR/AFL_Program_Art.htm

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimnagle. Show jimnagle's posts

In Response to Re: Pats old uniforms should be brought back for good.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats old uniforms should be brought back for good. : This right here is a thing that I sometimes think the new generation of Pats fans does not understand entirely. I think there is a segment of the fan base now that has become spoiled to some extent by the team's unrivaled success in the Kraft/Belichick era. Rooting for the Pats, when I was a young man, was a labor of love. There were some good teams and one truly magical playoff run, but by and large the Pats were not just a marginal team, but at times a downright laughingstock -- and those of us who inhabited that tumorous growth they called a stadium wore that reputation as a badge of honor. Victory -- any victory under any circumstances -- was precious and celebrated as though it might not ever happen again (and sometimes it didn't). But Foxboro (nee: Sullivan; nee: Schaeffer) Stadium was an inhospitable place to play (and watch). I hated the Flying Elvis and the p*ssy blue uniforms when they came around, and it took me years to get used to them -- and the Pats becoming a juggernaut certainly hasn't hurt any. But anybody can root for a winner. Those red uniforms, and especially the Pat Patriot logo, represent something special to me. Something that was ours kind of by default -- because nobody else wanted it. There was pride in that that is kind of hard to explain to somebody who freaks out when the team loses ONE game.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Hear. hear, Priarie Mike.  True and noble sentiments ably expressed.  And how about going to see the Pats at Fenway (which I did several times, including a 300 mile round trip from Pittsfield for the blizzard-blown divisonal showdown with Buffalo on the last game of the season in 1964)?  Or BC, where I saw them play a few times in the late sixties.  Or BU, where I saw them play once, in a cold rainstorm. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimnagle. Show jimnagle's posts

Yapple, where are you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

many bad memories with these uniforms.this may be the reason they are getting jinxed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i wouldn't mind if they put the Pat logo on the silver helmets, and left the elvis on the sleeves.

and put the shoulder stripes from the throwbacks on the blue jerseys, i don't like the current silver stripe too much

i agree though it was cool to see the throwbacks and Brady wearing the high tops

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

I like SouthSt's suggestion.  Keep the blue unis which I like but swap out the Flying Elvis for Pat

All my Patriot hats have Pat the Patriot.  Flying else doesn't do it for me.

I know all our sucess has been the Blue & Elvis so why not go half way and go
    Blue with Pat?  And add strips down the center of the helmet as well

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

I don't know how far you have to go back to have real creds here, but here's where I started: (Thanks Dad) in 1968. I sat on those cold, nasty aluminum bleachers for the first time about 35 years ago. I'm wearing a Pat Patriot hoodie right now, but have no desire to see the Pats the old unis.

As New Englanders we're raised to like "old stuff" and appreciate our history, but I sure do love progress and evolution. I like comfortable seats in the stadium, giant video boards and evolving rules. Most of all, I like winners! I like having the expectation that we're going to go into every season with a great shot at the playoffs, that each game is winnable. Yes, we are spoiled now and there is certainly a whole generation of fans who have no idea who Steve Grogan is, but it's a whole lot more enjoyable winning Super Bowls than cherishing the fact that the Pats finally won in the Orange Bowl. Wow!

Call them overacheivers, lovable losers, what have you, but in the end the old Pats teams just weren't that good. The new team is awesome. Why would you want to go backwards. Thumbs down on  the throwbacks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I've been using the old helmets with new uniforms, in Madden 10. Looks good, let's try that.

Sections
Shortcuts