Pats oline ranked 3rd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Pats oline ranked 3rd

I post this because I am sick of hearing people talk about Brady getting killed, but then praising the colts. 

If a QB is getting killed folks, sometimes its the QB's fault.  This is an unbiased site and they list the pats 4th; the colts 16th. 

http://www.profootballfocus.com/articles.php?tab=articles&arc=&id=169

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Re: Pats oline ranked 3rd

Tas - as you know anything I would say Russ would say the opposite, so his comments are not surprising.  Additionally, his defense is a statement that cannot be corroborated unless for every pass a clock is put on him to see how long it takes to leave his hands.  Further, as a comparison, then, a clock would need to be put on every other QB for everyone of their pass plays, as well.

Now granted in the article, part of the reason for the colts being 16 is because they are 23 on the run, but the pats ranked 4th on the run and pass and 3rd overall. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Re: Pats oline ranked 4th

Oh - and another thing - on another thread, TP and I have been having this back and forth about QB's and receivers. 

Did you know that last year, Football outsiders (a boston based analysis site) ranked Ben Watson 1st in value per play amongst all tight ends.  I am not sure this guy gets enough credit or enough balls.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

TP won't like this either, nor will Russ. 

PFF praises the pats oline and suggests that Brady's pressures may have more to do with Brady than the line. 

On the other hand, it notes that the colts Oline should be thanking Manning for his ability to make them look good statistically.  

Sorry guys, but here's a site without skin in the game and they refute much of what you want to believe. 

http://www.profootballfocus.com/articles.php?tab=articles&arc=2010-04&id=153

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Rusty, you are flip flopping worse than a fish out of water now. 

First you said Brady gets rid of the ball best in the NFL (and you were suggesting that he's quicker than anyone else and not responsible for any sacks or hurries).

Then in the last email you agree that Brady was responsible for his pressures and sacks. 

It is incredible how much backtracking you have done on this site over the past few months.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

First of all this is not a new piece I think I brought it up a month ago but whatever I'm sure you're trying to one-up everyone.

Its only for pass protection not run blocking its not overall line ranking just in case you though NE was better in the run than TN. Here's something you ommitted from the article, "the line did its job well enough that the coaches left in blockers less than most other teams (sixth-least)." I think he got left alone so they could try and get guys open not because the line was so good. Or conversely they hoped like heck that they would hold. Also what difference does overall statistical pass protection make when Nick Kaszur was open like a sieve for defenses? His bad play made other guys look good. Why go after the left side of the line when the right side is a pushover without Stephen Neil.

If you watched more games I think you'd find Brady running for his life more than that article suggests. Read some more from that wonderful site you found about how the Pats are lousy scoring in the red zone or defending the pass in the red zone. If the Pats had just average red zone scoring percentage they would have been a great team last year.

You can use that article to dispariage TB and that he made bad decisions and so on but it still doesn't change the fact that he NEVER CHOKED WITH THE PICK SIX LOSING HIS TEAM THE SB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

I get sick and tired of all the so called "expert opinions".  Football is the ultimate team sport.  From playcalling, blocking, to the quick release of any given QB.  Both brady and P. Manning are good in the pocket and a lot better than most at getting rid of the ball.  When healthy, the Pats have a better O-line than the Colts.  Colts seem to do a decent job with a bunch of 5th and 6th round draft picks, free agents and a undrafted stud in Jeff Saturday.       

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Wrong fantasy - the first link was ranking the line based on run, pass, and penalty.

And if Brady was running for his life and a web analysis site says it wasn't the line, you say it wasn't brady, then someone better be figuring out why its taking the receivers so long to get open. 

And I am not disparaging Brady.  The guy is great.  Just as some here hate how I defend Manning, they defend Brady as if he does no wrong, when there is credible opinion to the contrary.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Poor Russ - you just got a taste of your own medicine without name calling or the word "stupid" and you are whining.  Grow up. 

Just admit your mistake and move on. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Tas - Brady is great, and he may have the quickest release in football.  But that and holding onto the ball are 2 different things.  Russ intially tried to say that Brady doesn't hold on to the ball.  Then he backtracked and changed his statement.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Did you know that last year, Football outsiders (a boston based analysis site) ranked Ben Watson 1st in value per play amongst all tight ends.  I am not sure this guy gets enough credit or enough balls."

This was my favorite part of the story...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Pats oline ranked 3rd:
    " Did you know that last year, Football outsiders (a boston based analysis site) ranked Ben Watson 1st in value per play amongst all tight ends.  I am not sure this guy gets enough credit or enough balls ." This was my favorite part of the story...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

I thought I was being inciteful. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Yes

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Pats oline ranked 4th:
    Oh - and another thing - on another thread, TP and I have been having this back and forth about QB's and receivers.  Did you know that last year, Football outsiders (a boston based analysis site) ranked Ben Watson 1st in value per play amongst all tight ends.  I am not sure this guy gets enough credit or enough balls.
    Posted by underdoggggg

Ben Watson is/was used mostly as a blocker. He's probably the 3rd or lower option when it comes to check-downs for pass plays. So, I guess if he actually catches most of the few passes that goes his way - he might be ranked higher.  However, last time I checked...he also had a fairly high fumble ratio per number of touches - higher than Faulk when he had fumble problems early in his career.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Ben Watson will be out of the league by 2013. Great articlel underdog thanks for being so "insightful". What a waste of time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I need to learn how to read? really? I am pretty sure I read what you had to say and it didnt sound at all the way it did in your response to me. Either way i wasnt coming after you or anything just saying i thought the o line was good and that the complaint about them is a few years old and shouldnt even be an issue now.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Don't feel bad. Apparently, none of us know how to read....lol. FWIW, I interpreted it the same way you did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: Pats oline ranked 3rd : I thought I was being inciteful
    Posted by underdoggggg

You certainly were doggggg, you most certainly were.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inciteful

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Jeez, I think if underdogggg said the sky was blue you'd dispute it.

There's no question that Stephen Neal and Logan Mankins are the best guard tandem in the league.

Matt Light and Nick Kaczur are serviceable enough - there are a lot of worse offensive tackles in the league, sad to say.  Koppen is also middle-of-the-road.

Vollmer was a revelation last year.

So, with Vollmer, Neal, and Mankins boosting the line's ratings, Koppen and Light only have to be halfway decent.  4th sounds about right.

And Manning does make the Colts line better.  He gets rid of the ball just as quickly and also sets the line calls in addition to calling audibles frequently to adjust to the defense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Pats oline ranked 3rd : You certainly were doggggg, you most certainly were. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inciteful
    Posted by digger0862

thanks for noticing digg.  TC didn't get it.  Really I thought I was being insightful, but I get criticized by some pats fans for inciting even when I show that some analysts say Watson is better than the pats fans think.  

These guys need to make up their mind. 

I mean some think that only draft position matters (which would make Watson a stud TE - which some boston analysts think he is) until I bring up a first rounder they have.  Then I am stirring the pot. 

I guess draft position matters when the player is undrafted because then the pats have a gem, but not when they are a high rounder, unless those high rounders are colts which means the colts should be better than they have been except that they've beaten the pats 5 of the last 6 times. 

I can't keep up with what these guys want me to think.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Watson is an enigma. He's the fastest and possibly strongest TE in the NFL. He was drafted in the first round for that reason. He did not play like a first rounder for us. Maybe he'll do better in Cleveland.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: Pats oline ranked 3rd : thanks for noticing digg.  TC didn't get it.  Really I thought I was being insightful, but I get criticized by some pats fans for inciting even when I show that some analysts say Watson is better than the pats fans think.   These guys need to make up their mind.  I mean some think that only draft position matters (which would make Watson a stud TE - which some boston analysts think he is) until I bring up a first rounder they have.  Then I am stirring the pot.  I guess draft position matters when the player is undrafted because then the pats have a gem, but not when they are a high rounder, unless those high rounders are colts which means the colts should be better than they have been except that they've beaten the pats 5 of the last 6 times.  I can't keep up with what these guys want me to think.
    Posted by underdoggggg

"Poor Poor Me, they call me doggiedodo and I am stuck here on a Patriot message board for the rest of my life"!!!! "I just don't understand why Patriot Fans shun me when all I try to do is support my beloved Dolts and give them my unbiased opinion on the Patriots"? "Some of those meanies like Tex and Killa are really rough with me..... even though I have only the best of intentions, but at least it is not as bad as other Dolt fans...living in a trailer park, bad teeth, no interior decorator, no GED....I really serve a useful purpose on the Patriots board....after all...every board needs a doormat"!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Brad - come on - Tas is cool.  TP is a bald faced liar though. 

Just like you.  Mr. 29 games without a PI call on Indy.  You still looking that one up? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Digger - why don't the pats utilize their tight end more?  Is it not in their scheme?  Does Brady hold the ball longer so they keep an extra man in the line?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Pats oline ranked 3rd:
    I post this because I am sick of hearing people talk about Brady getting killed, but then praising the colts.  If a QB is getting killed folks, sometimes its the QB's fault.  This is an unbiased site and they list the pats 4th; the colts 16th.  http://www.profootballfocus.com/articles.php?tab=articles&arc=&id=169
    Posted by underdoggggg

This article is a joke. It ranks the Colts OL 16th, even though they were #1 in pass protection...with Manning rarely getting touched.  Here's what this bogus article lists on Indy:

"The fact that this was our top-ranked team in terms of overall pass protection just goes to show how much a part the QB and running back play in limiting negative plays".

RESPONSE: What a croc! What RB play did they have in Indy? This is another case of worshipping on the altar of Peyton. Brady get hit 23 times in one game alone...yet the Pats OL ranked third? 

The bottom line is the group was a fairly mediocre bunch made to look much better than it was by its other-worldly field general.

RESPONSE: Yes...isn't Peyton wonderful?? Gag me with a spoon! 

Sections
Shortcuts