pats on 18-4 run with 4 flukey losses...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: pats on 18-4 run with 4 flukey losses...

Correction....   19-4.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Eh, I don't really believe in flukey losses. You have 60 minutes to win a game. Can't put everything on one and two plays.

And people like to point out how Gostkowski missed that FG against ARZ

Remember, we got a pretty flukey fumble recovery when the Cards were just running out the clock

It's been a nice second half run though...hopefully we can get the title this season

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The most flukey part of the Arizona game was the winning touchdown run being called back on a phantom hold by Gronkowski. 

My theory is that certain of the scabs had cut a private deal to throw NFL games the wrong way, again and again, until the regular union got their jobs back.  Nothing personal against the Pats or against Green Bay for that matter, it just needed to be done.

[/QUOTE]

shut up

[/QUOTE]

Jints, you are a dinkweed deluxe.   and stupid.

Great post, Paul...  Yeah aside from a full blown conspiracy it was definitively a horrible call.  Officials referee  the situation .  They're  human.  THEY KNOW THAT THE PATRIOTS ARE BETTER THAN EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE...

How else would have opie the wobbling dink of jintland have completed that ridiculous "drive" in 2007-8? ... Exactly. Non calls, can't keep a correct game clock, more non calls , and miracles .

Gross...  This is the new normal.

Thing is ... Idiots like jints think his 9-7 team that can find lightening in a bottle ( or was that peds...?)  is actually good... Lol.  They suck. and will miss the playoffs this year...  Hahahaha... Jints and jets SUCK! 

More to the point.  18-4 is an excellent display of football the way it should be played.

[/QUOTE]

Not according to expert announcer HOFer Troy Aikman, who calls them dangerous, just like last year, and he doesn't even like the Giants. BTW, calls go both ways, but homers only see the calls that go against them, or close games they've won (i.e, Bal, Jets, Miami, Buffalo), or  make comments such as the Giants won't make the PS, which is unlikely. Your moniker at times suits you well.

Regardless, your point about going 18-4 is well put.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The most flukey part of the Arizona game was the winning touchdown run being called back on a phantom hold by Gronkowski. 

My theory is that certain of the scabs had cut a private deal to throw NFL games the wrong way, again and again, until the regular union got their jobs back.  Nothing personal against the Pats or against Green Bay for that matter, it just needed to be done.

[/QUOTE]

shut up

[/QUOTE]

Great post, Paul...  Yeah aside from a full blown conspiracy it was definitively a horrible call.  Officials referee  the situation .  They're  human.  THEY KNOW THAT THE PATRIOTS ARE BETTER THAN EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE...

How else would have opie the wobbling dink of jintland have completed that ridiculous "drive" in 2007-8? ... Exactly. Non calls, can't keep a correct game clock, more non calls , and miracles .

Thing is ... Idiots like jints think his 9-7 team that can find lightening in a bottle ( or was that peds...?)  is actually good... Lol.  They suck. and will miss the playoffs this year...  Hahahaha... Jints and jets SUCK! 

More to the point.  18-4 is an excellent display of football the way it should be played.

[/QUOTE]

Not according to expert announcer HOFer Troy Aikman, who calls them dangerous, just like last year, and he doesn't even like the Giants. BTW, calls go both ways, but homers only see the calls that go against them, or close games they've won (i.e, Bal, Jets, Miami, Buffalo), or  make comments such as the Giants won't make the PS, which is unlikely. Your moniker at times suits you well.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know...  I get a little animated at times.  rather that than be boring I guess. 

18-4 is good ....( This just in).  I made it a thread since it's a different perspective that nobody was talking about.  It's hard to do.

Today was a great game.  ( except they should have run the ball more... Had to get that in ).  It tested the 4th qtr management that was lacking in other games.  Was anyone else saying... Its on Brady now, win the game...  And he and mcd did.  That's money right there with the D having done a great job shutting Miami down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

BTW...  Aikman can jerk his gherkin all he wants about giants... Not buying it this year...   let's see another couple games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

How about 20-0 in their last 20 games played in November and December. And some are saying it's a "bad" win or they didn't so this or that. Whatever, 20-0 against NFL competition is pretty good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

It is an impressive run but lets remember that last year the Pats literally had 1 win vs. a good team ALL YEAR.  Sorry but beating Tim Tebow doesn't impress me so they actually went 1-3 against quality opponents last year.

Much of the same this year.  The Denver win is a high quality win but other than Indy, no one else they've beat is a worth a darn.  I get the whole 'beat who you play' thing but for 2 years now the Pats have been a .500 team against quality opponents.  The next 2 games will tell me a lot more than the last 22.  The Pats played 2 road games in hostile environments this year and lost both.

As far as "flukey" goes, I think great teams find ways to win close games, not lose them. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is an impressive run but lets remember that last year the Pats literally had 1 win vs. a good team ALL YEAR.  Sorry but beating Tim Tebow doesn't impress me so they actually went 1-3 against quality opponents last year.

Much of the same this year.  The Denver win is a high quality win but other than Indy, no one else they've beat is a worth a darn.  I get the whole 'beat who you play' thing but for 2 years now the Pats have been a .500 team against quality opponents.  The next 2 games will tell me a lot more than the last 22.  The Pats played 2 road games in hostile environments this year and lost both.

As far as "flukey" goes, I think great teams find ways to win close games, not lose them. 

[/QUOTE]

This is the lamest argument.  It is exactly what it is. Their record is who they are, draw whatever conclusions you prefer. So who is the team that is the gold standard for you then?  Who plays the iron schedule every week and never slips up?  

In 2010, the Patriots had one of the toughest schedules and went 14-2. They beat every team on their schedule that made the playoffs, which was seven teams. What did that get them? It doesn't count for anything.

Who you play means absolutely nothing. Only thing that counts is the W or the L. Rest is noise.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

a Welker catch, a 40 yard fg, a missed call by a FG official, and a rookie wilson hail Mary...

22-0 ( almost). 

[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt call flukey an off coord losing a game that could have been easily otherwise won (all 3). those games were lost on playcalling

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

shut up

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know...  I get a little animated at times.  rather that than be boring I guess. 

18-4 is good ....( This just in).  I made it a thread since it's a different perspective that nobody was talking about.  It's hard to do.

Today was a great game.  ( except they should have run the ball more... Had to get that in ).  It tested the 4th qtr management that was lacking in other games.  Was anyone else saying... Its on Brady now, win the game...  And he and mcd did.  That's money right there with the D having done a great job shutting Miami down.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

BTW...  Aikman can jerk his gherkin all he wants about giants... Not buying it this year...   let's see another couple games.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this too, but, while nobody can predict, he seems to be about as knowledgeable as anybody. He also claims Sandy affected them. For him to admit the Giants are good is eating alot of crow. 

Sections
Shortcuts