Pats ownersship threw in the towel in Sept.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Pats ownersship threw in the towel in Sept.

By trading Seymour, their best defensive lineman for a draft pick we won't see for two years, the Pats and its miserly owner, threw in the towel for '09 AND '10.

Who was supposed to replace Sey and the double teams he go? Green? Warren? Wright? Brace?. The only good DL we have is Wilfolk. The rest are very ordinary players. Green has been invisible all year, Warren too Why pay these guys when the can't perform.

Look at the game films and watch how our DL gets eaten up! Without DL pressure, guys like Thomas and Burgess can't do cr*p!

Can't really blame the secondary as even the best are exposed when te opposing QB hs all day to throw. Wilhite is the exceptio. He doesn'thave NFL ability.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Pats ownersship threw in the towel in Sept.

As with all the whiners, I am glad YOU dont run our team.  You have zero clue.  The Pats look long term, plain and simple.  So getting a 1st rd pick was great for a player they were going to lose at the end of the year.  Then, when have the Pats been miserly?  We are in the top 3rd of money spent evey single year.  No team can win ever single year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Seymore would have been hurt by now and on the bench. He'd walk off at the end of the year and we'd got nothing for him. We got a good deal IMHO. Our problem again is OLB's and CB's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Pats ownersship threw in the towel in Sept.:

Seymore would have been hurt by now and on the bench. He'd walk off at the end of the year and we'd got nothing for him. We got a good deal IMHO. Our problem again is OLB's and CB's.
    Posted by Philskiw

I respectfully disagree.  I think the problem starts at the line of scrimmage.  NE has a pro-bowler and a bunch of 2nd stringers starting.  Every time Wilfork is in he gets doubled.  That should free up someone to get at the QB but for some unknown reason they cant get through.  AThomas should be a sack machine, but BB always got this guy dropping back in coverage and we wonder why he has been a bust. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

In Response to Re: Pats ownersship threw in the towel in Sept. : I respectfully disagree.  I think the problem starts at the line of scrimmage.  NE has a pro-bowler and a bunch of 2nd stringers starting.  Every time Wilfork is in he gets doubled.  That should free up someone to get at the QB but for some unknown reason they cant get through.  AThomas should be a sack machine, but BB always got this guy dropping back in coverage and we wonder why he has been a bust. 
    Posted by patsfaninsatx
    if we're going to play a 3-4 then the OLB's are an important part of the pass rush. Wilfork is more to stop the run, plug the middle and force the run outside. The OLB's then set the edge and sent it back inside so the tackle can be made. If the OLB's don't pressure the QB then he has all the time in the world to find an open guy. I think we should go to the 4-3 until someone other then TBC can get some pressure on the QB.

IMHO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

His play was NO different last year than what we are getting this year.  Last years team had the same deficiencies.  Bad rush, bad coverage.  LB play was ok.  SAME thing.  Just got some draft picks.  Makes sense, and thats what we did before, it always worked.  And its still working.  We are having issues this year but we just need to work through them and be in position in the post season.  Maybe we won't go all the way, but we will get better without bankrupting the team either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Why do people write posts like we just lost the Superbowl?  Nobody has given up.  Sometimes you make a small mess when cleaning house.  It's all about the long term plan.  In 1, 2 or 3 years, this seasons moves could be seen as brilliant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

This post makes me appreciate the power of the 'Ignore' button.

Thank you Boston.Com for that fantastic feature !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to Pats ownersship threw in the towel in Sept.:
    By trading Seymour, their best defensive lineman for a draft pick we won't see for two years, the Pats and its miserly owner, threw in the towel for '09 AND '10. Who was supposed to replace Sey and the double teams he go? Green? Warren? Wright? Brace?. The only good DL we have is Wilfolk. The rest are very ordinary players. Green has been invisible all year, Warren too Why pay these guys when the can't perform. Look at the game films and watch how our DL gets eaten up! Without DL pressure, guys like Thomas and Burgess can't do cr*p! Can't really blame the secondary as even the best are exposed when te opposing QB hs all day to throw. Wilhite is the exceptio. He doesn'thave NFL ability.
    Posted by jader

So Seymour was the best lineman they had huh? Vince would knock the snot out of Seymour and we'll probably see that matchup eventually. I can tell you've thrown in the towell. Half way through the Indy game I bet you were like everyone else who thought the Pats were going to the SB. And now its Kraft's fault that guys don't perform up to their supposed abilities? Guys like you chased Parcells out of NE. Would you rather go back to the Victor Kiam days and watch Matt Millen play QB?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

It was a good trade

He would of been gone after this year regardless

Our scheme doesnt go after the QB.... dont blitz enough or try and make plays

Seymour or no Seymour we dont attack the QB

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

As with all the whiners, I am glad YOU dont run our team.  You have zero clue.  The Pats look long term, plain and simple.  So getting a 1st rd pick was great for a player they were going to lose at the end of the year.  Then, when have the Pats been miserly?  We are in the top 3rd of money spent evey single year.  No team can win ever single year. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

How many years are you willing to stink?  And yes silly, one team wins every year...the Colts!!  Haven't lost 5 games in 1 year for 8 years now...much less two in a row.  What happened to the lord and savior tammy?

Sections
Shortcuts