Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense:
    In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : we did resign patten? i didnt see that one.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Old news but yes Patten was signed

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=pressreleasesdetail&pid=41943&pcid=47

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

First: 4/7/2008
    Last: 3/17/2010
    In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : Name me 1 team that has made more offseason Free agent signings than the Pats this year.....
    Posted by m1021us
    out side of resigning there own players?

Were their own players Free Agents?

And yes we signed Patten for a second time around.

And no, I don't think that we will see Welker until the second half of the season IF at all.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

mosseffect43 Posts: 5189 First: 4/7/2008 Last: 3/17/2010 In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : Name me 1 team that has made more offseason Free agent signings than the Pats this year..... Posted by m1021us out side of resigning there own players? Were their own players Free Agents? And yes we signed Patten for a second time around. And no, I don't think that we will see Welker until the second half of the season IF at all.....
    Posted by m1021us

by technicality you could say the pats did.that being said.the pats are better with them then without them,but have they improved,and are they better now then they were last season?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

the off season consists of three phases to get the team together........free agency........which was weak ...........the draft ....which hasn't happened yet .........and trades ...which haven't happened yet and will happen on draft day.....Hard to throw in the towel on a season when three quarters of the off season hasn't come yet................its a  jog

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I agree there is a lot of time left,and trades could happen.ive never thrown in the towel on the team.ive always hope for the best,but like many here i just state my opinions on the moment at hand.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

werent the saints 8-8 the year before last?  that can only mean we are actually closer than we might have thought   nuf said...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

First: 4/7/2008
    Last: 3/17/2010
    mosseffect43 Posts: 5189 First: 4/7/2008 Last: 3/17/2010 In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : Name me 1 team that has made more offseason Free agent signings than the Pats this year..... Posted by m1021us out side of resigning there own players? Were their own players Free Agents? And yes we signed Patten for a second time around. And no, I don't think that we will see Welker until the second half of the season IF at all.....
    Posted by m1021us

by technicality you could say the pats did.that being said.the pats are better with them then without them,but have they improved,and are they better now then they were last season?
    Yes, the Pats were able to retain some of the best free agents out there (which hapens to be their own), thus keeping their core team in tact.....

There is not 1 team out there that has improved.....it does not make sense to complain about the Pats not improving this early in the off season.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Commenting in these forums is merely expressing opinion and we're all entitled to do exactly that.  Mine, however, is in pretty sharp contrast to those who believe that the sky is indeed about to fall.  Julius Peppers gets a lot of sacks, no question about it.  But spending the kind of money the Bears did to sign him was a move born of desperation and they are desperate.  Baltimore is welcome to Bolden; he's a malcontent on the downside of his career. 

After the Pats took care of business by re-signing their own free agents (all of which were good to excellent moves in my opinion) what exactly was out there?  It was indeed a thin F/A market. 

The medical assessment that Welker will not be ready until the end of the 2010 reg season or miss 2010 altogether came from where, exactly??

Setting aside the young players who missed all or most of last year (which I believe will yield a legit player or 2 at receiver and/or LB), the Pats have 4 picks in the top 53 of what is considered a very deep draft. They have lots of options in terms of moving up, down or trading.  I'm sure they will make some moves.

Call me a KoolAid drinker if you like, I put my trust in BB and I think we will indeed be competitive yet again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Wow.  Talk about letting the wind out of the sails.  Whew. As an outsider looking in, I'd say it does not appear to me to be quite as dire as characterized, and maybe TP is underselling a bit in hopes the pats overdeliver.    A question:  Is Welker really not going to play in '10?  If not this may be the best thing for Brady.  I keep coming back to the question about the pats and their 3rd receiver and also TE.  Are these players that bad or did Brady just focus too much on the great receivers Moss and Welker?  No one could fault him for doing so, but if there is any truth to this, imagine how scary your offense would be if he'd just throw to those guys a little more to keep opposing defenses off balance. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Hey Dogg! Forget what thread it was, but late last week we were talking about the Super Bowl Loser's Swoon Syndrome. You felt that the Dolts were not likey to fall prey to this, even though most of the Super Bowl losers of the Patriots Decade of the 00's did indeed do so.  You asked me to name 5 teams that I felt were or very well might be better than your Dolts (and why) this season. I could not answer you at the time because I was still at work when I read your response.

I think that the following teams could very well beat your team in the AFC / NFC regular season and/or playoffs, including the Super Bowl, especially if your boys are on the road and outside. Now, I have no idea what your schedule is this season, other than division stiffs: titans, texans, jaguars and maybe you won't even play some of the teams listed below.

The Bolts - why? Because they always have beaten your team when it counts.
    The Patriots - Why? Because we will play you in Foxboro...I think we definitely win last season if we were not in Indy.
    The Jets - because you will want to rest your starters, LOL.
    The Phins - because they are a balanced team and hate your guts like we do.
    The Bills - because they beat you last year, it was very cold outside.

Maybe (at home), but do not know your schedule for this season: The Bengals (especially if Ocho Cinco gets his buddy TO), Steelers (because they are the Steelers), Ravens (because they hate all of Gomer's commercials), Raiders (because it will be at the end of the season and you will not want to enhance our Raider pick in 2011).

NFC: I think you could easily lose to:
    The Saints - because  you already did lose to them.
    The Vikings - depends upon who has the ball last - does FAVOR or Gomer choke last to lose the big game???? That is the question????
    The Iggles - because they have a relentless pass rush. Gomer gets rattled...end of story.

OK Dogg?  Flail way brother!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Bradley,

I used to take you seriously.  We could really talk about things, but you've now devolved into one of those guys who just writes crap just to do it. 

First, likely any AFC team can beat the colts, but who is better and who will do so in order to keep them from the postseason next year.  The fact is these other teams have their own flaws as well. 

3 of your answers are legit.  Bolts, Pats, Jets, but the Phins and Bills??  Really??.  

First - Here's the sched - AFC West (Den, Oak Away), NFC East (Phil, Wash Away), Pats away and Bengals home.   

Toughest away games - Pats, Hou, Ten. 

Toughest home games - SD, Dal, Cin,

I like the colts chances again. 

It is entirely possible that the colts miss the playoffs next year.  I agree they were not that great this year - look at all of the comebacks, but I just don't know if there are enough teams good enough to actually take them out. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

TP the OP has posted and ran. Regarding the Pats' passive off-season making no sense, the overall majority of NFL teams have been passive. Makes sense to me.

Any team can beat another team on any given day, but the better run teams win more than they lose. The Patriots, Colts, Steelers and now the Saints have smart front offices and coaches who know how to build teams in today's salary cap era. Off years happen, injuries happen, that's why the good teams build depth and don't over-spend in free-agency.

I like the Patriots chances as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

don't think its passive, they signed key theier key FA's, still have the draft to go, and by training camp BB make make a deal or two. he traded seymour right before the season started, i won't be surprised if he pull anothe rabbit out the hatTongue out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Very good logic Texas,

I'm inbetween the 2 camps right now. I feel the Pats could have and should have targeted a couple of choice FA's and IMO they waited to long to sign there own guys back. No I wasn't thinking Dansby or Peppers mainly because I knew they would have cost way to much but I did think that both Walter and Boldin went for more then fair value and the Pats soud have been all over both of them. Also looking at Wimbley trade to Oak that's another one they should have atleast tried to get in.

On the other hand the big FA names went for way to much money and the FA pool was way to thin to make a lot of moves on. That being the main reason why a lot of teams haven't signed a lot of players again imo.

The Pats resigned a number of their own players which means they didn't exactly get worse (by losing the players) but without signing FA's so far they haven't gotten better then a team that was booted early in the playoffs. You then take a look at an aging OL, Welker being lost for what looks like atleast the PuP, and that they have lost all their TE's and they have infact actually got worse from last year. Now it's true that other teams haven't improved either but other teams haven't lost as much as us in terms of a starting DE, all TE's, resigning a RG that was looking to retire and already having a gapping hole in the pass rush.

Now the draft is extremely deep and should help a lot but saying that it will fix all holes and we will magically pick up trades while keepng all our picks to fill hioles is nuts. IMO this year might hurt but with a strong solid draft we might be built for another 5 year run.

This is just not a good year to have so many holes to fill. With any luck a couple good players will be released because the draft alone won't improve us from last year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

mosseffect43 Posts: 5184 First: 4/7/2008 Last: 3/17/2010 In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : mosseffect43 Posts: 5189 First: 4/7/2008 Last: 3/17/2010 In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : Name me 1 team that has made more offseason Free agent signings than the Pats this year..... Posted by m1021us out side of resigning there own players? Were their own players Free Agents? And yes we signed Patten for a second time around. And no, I don't think that we will see Welker until the second half of the season IF at all..... Posted by m1021us  by technicality you could say the pats did.that being said.the pats are better with them then without them,but have they improved,and are they better now then they were last season? Yes, the Pats were able to retain some of the best free agents out there (which hapens to be their own), thus keeping their core team in tact..... There is not 1 team out there that has improved.....it does not make sense to complain about the Pats not improving this early in the off season.....
    Posted by m1021us
    there is a diffrence then complaing and just stateing.im just stateing they havent improved themselves yet.dosent matter to me how early it is or how much longer it will go.im just stateing at this moment right now the pats have yet filled there weakness on the team.I hear many say the free agency is weak.now is it weak by the players or the positions?for i think there are several players out there that still has lots of talent and can help,and thrive with the pats.now if its lets say pass rushers then yes its very weak there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Sorry I've been late in responding...just extremely busy lately. Rather than take on your posts individually...here is my general response to you-all:

At the end of last season, the following weaknesses were obvious:

1.) Punter: Chris Hanson is terrible. He was once know as a good "positional punter"...a guy who could angle his kicks 40 yards and out of bounds, or nail the "coffin corner" kick, inside the opponents' own 10 yard line. Those days are gone. Hanson may be the worst overall punter in the NFL.

2.) Kick Return Game: With Welker gone, the Pats have no one...and I mean no one...who is a competent punt returner or kickoff returner. Matthew Slater is terrible. Patrick Chung was awful. NO ONE!! Add this with poor punting, and you'll know why the Patriots always seem to start drives in horrible field position...and why opposing offenses always seem to have a short field against the not so formidable Patriots' defense.

3.) OL:

a.) Pass Protection: Over the past two seasons, Tom Brady has suffered a severe knee injury, broken ribs, and a damaged throwing shoulder. At age 33, how much more abuse can Brady take? Time to give the OL a wake-up/shake-up call...and let them know that if Brady's livelihood is on the line, so are their jobs. OTs Nick Kazcur is a joke...and longtime LT Matt Light is showing his age. Sebastien Vollmer provides hope. RG Steven Neal is 33 years old, and always seems to get hurt. Center Dan Koppen isn't the same player since his knee injury. LG Logan Mankins still needs to be extended;

b.) Run Blocking: Sorry guys, but the Pats have become a soft, finesse team. I for one am tired of seeing Patriot RBs, no matter who they are, getting hit behind the line of scrimmage...or having no room to run. Is there any wonder why Tom Brady throws 45 times per game...and Wes Welker has to be counted on for 100 plus receptions? 

3.) RBs: Let the Maroney bashing begin! Frankly, I had no problems with Maroney, until he developed a bad case of fumble-itis last season. RBs Kevin Faulk, Fred Taylor, and Sammy Morris all are around 34 years old...which is ancient for an NFL player at this position. A stud is badly needed. Why didn't the Pats at least kick the tires on Thomas Jones?

4.) WRs: Anyone who thinks that Wes Welker will be a huge contributor next season is dreaming. At best, he'll be ready to go in late November. You saw how anemic the Pats' offense was without him in the Ravens' blow-out playoff win. The Pats still lack a WR to run opposite of Randy Moss. If the season started today, the Pats would be starting Moss, Sam Aiken, and Julian Edleman, with perhaps Shamus of the WWE at TE. After Moss gets' mauled, other than Shamus, there is no threat. 

5.) DL: Vince is back!! Great!!! His alleged back-up, Ron Brace, strongly resembled a bust last season. With Jarvis Green gone, who replaces Richard Seymour? Mike Wright?? Ty Warren was put together with glue and popsicle sticks last year. Worse yet...who are the back-ups? 

6.) OLBs: Unfortunately, Adalius Thomas and Derrick Burgess have flopped. Tully Banta-Cain was resurrected, and had a good season. The Pats are still waiting for Shawn Crable to make it through a practice without straining a hamstring. Pierre Woods is a good special teamer. How exciting. 

7.) Secondary: How is 2008 2nd rounder Terrence Wheatley working for ya?? The CBs are so bad that the Pats had to pay a premium to bring back Leigh Bodden. Darius Butler offers hope. The 34th overall pick last year, Patrick Chung, brought back painful memories of his "cousin" Eugene. When he hits, he hits hard. But his coverage skills were sorely lacking. Maybe he'll improve...we hope.

8.) Coaching: In many games, the Pats looked disorganized, and were badly outcoached last season...particularly in the second half of games. They were a team that could not win on the road. I can't remember a Patriots' team being so deficient in these areas since the bad old days. Yet, BB made no effort to bring in an experienced OC or DC. Can somebody please point out the wisdom here?

The bottom line is...is there anyone who can tell me with a straight face that these flawed Patriots, as currently constituted, are a legitimate SB contender? I've never questioned Bob Kraft's commitment to winning, until now. I recommend this excellent article on the above subject, by Jim Donaldson of the Providence Journal: http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/Jim_Donaldson_New_England_Patrio_03-07-10_31H_v2.30f478c.html     

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

TP, gotta disagree.

The Pats mantained their core players while their losses won't be missed. This team needs to get a true #1 RB (Laurence isn't) and get a FB and a couple blocking TEs. All these can be had in the draft. A more balanced offense that can wear down teams while keeping their defenses honest will cure a lot of ills.

Their D is better than many think and I think the departure of Dean Poops should instantly improve this underachieving unit.

If they fail to improve the running game, all my optimism will shack up with Maroney's potential.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Tex, were they in 2001?
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Sam, apparently you don't recall how active the Patriots were in the free agent market, going into that year. On defense, they added DEs Anthony Pleasant and Bobby Hamilton, LBs Mike Vrabel, Bryan Cox, and Roman Phifer, CB Terrell Buckley, SS Je'Rod Cherry, and pulled CB Otis Smith off the scrap heap.

On offense, they picked up RB Antowain Smith, FB Marc Edwards, TEs Jermaine Wiggins and Cameron Cleeland, OL Steven Neal, Tom Ashworth, and Mike "Snow Angel" Compton, and WR David Patten. 

That, a very good draft (Richard Seymour and Matt Light taken with their first two picks), BB, an outstanding coaching staff in which the Pats boasted both an OC and DC (what a novel idea??!!) and the emergence of an unknown, 2nd year QB named Tom Brady, brought them a SB. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

TP, gotta disagree. The Pats mantained their core players while their losses won't be missed.

RESPONSE: True...but the Pats, minus Welker, have not improved a lick.

This team needs to get a true #1 RB (Laurence isn't) and get a FB and a couple blocking TEs. All these can be had in the draft. A more balanced offense that can wear down teams while keeping their defenses honest will cure a lot of ills.

RESPONSE: I don't care who the Pats get at TE, RB, or FB. Their OL is a soft, finesse group. There'll be no running game in Foxborough until the OL is upgraded.

Their D is better than many think and I think the departure of Dean Poops should instantly improve this underachieving unit.

RESPONSE: Really? Who is their DC? Who will rush the passer? Are you really comfortable with TBC as the Pats answer to Dwight Freeney? The Pats CBs were so bad that they overpaid for the mediocre Leigh Bodden. Who will start on the DL...Vince, Ty Warren, and Mike Wright?? Who are their reserves? Who will play OLB besides TBC? Adalius "Jets" Thomas?   

If they fail to improve the running game, all my optimism will shack up with Maroney's potential.
    Posted by CubanPete

Cuban...the Pats have a ton of holes...and not all of them can be adequately filled via the upcoming draft. Regardless of who their RBs are, the OL must open some holes, for a change...and Tom Brady must be better protected. WR is a major weakness, especially with the Welker injury.

No one is saying that signing free agents to fill all holes was the way to go. 
    Julius Peppers is a 4-3 DE. At age 30, it made no sense for the Pats to gamble huge money to try to convert him to a 3-4 OLB. But, why couldn't the Pats have gone the extra mile and filled the gaping WR hole with Boldin? Why not bring back a guy with lots to prove, and who knows the system, in Donte' Stallworth? Why not add the physical type RB you seem to crave in Thomas Jones?

Remember...this is an uncapped year.

Then, in the draft, upgrade the OL, DL, or OLB positions...depending on who is available. Last season, the Ravens destroyed the Pats on the ground...and every team hurt them through the air.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Exactly my point, let it play out and see what comes of the draft. Obviously it's deeper this year. Four of the top fifty three, not to mention the trade possibilities. Right?
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Wrong. Didn't you read my post? The Pats got a ton of help through free agency in 2001. In 2010, they have done nothing to add talent. All they've done is resign their own players. They have far too many holes to rely solely on the draft.

Being optimistic is good...but only when theres' a factual basis to be optimistic.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Ya the Pats should have vastly overpayed for Peppers, Chester Taylor and Boldin.  Peppers and Taylor will stink 2 years down the road, but hey they would have paid for this year and the debacle 2011 will be.  And let's forget the Pats were even in on Peppers and Boldin too, real passive. Time March es on...to April still 4 months until camp.
    Posted by croc

What a crock!! Who said anything about signing Peppers or Chester Taylor? But, to miss out on a pro-bowl caliber WR who only cost the Ravens a 3rd and 4th rounder (plus the Ravens got a 5th rounder in return), and then to sign the man for roughly $7mil. per season seems reasonable, in an uncapped year. What would have been wrong with bringing Donte' Stallworth back on a $1mil., one year deal? All those moves would have accomplished would be to solve the Pats' weaknesses at WR...allowing the team to focus on the OL/DL/OLB positions in the draft. 

Tom Brady is dynamite when given time to throw, and when he has weapons at his disposal. But, he won't be around forever. What are the Pats waiting for? You would think that they would want to emulate their success in 2007.

Incidently..."being in" on a player means nothing if he's not signed. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

TexasPat-            What are your thoughts on the draft? Who and what should the Pats do?
    Posted by dwhite1220

I really haven't focused yet on the draft yet. I've been pretty disappointed by the Patriots' off-season snooze. Boldin and Moss would have been a dynamite combination.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

For all the hand wringing on this forum, nobody seems to have a reasonable solution. Outside of the Boldin thing. Yes that should have been a no brainer and I can't explain why they didn't do it. But beyond that?

RESPONSE: Beyond that...the Pats should rebuild through the draft.

Where's the brilliant move they could have made to improve the 2010 team without sacrificing the future? It's fine to complain about the offseason,  but it's completely pointless if you have no reasonable solutions.

RESPONSE: Nothing wrong with trading away unproven draft picks, provided that quality is obtained in return...such as Wes Welker, Randy Moss, Corey Dillon, and Ted Washington.

The other thing people seem to forget, that the Patriots have not, is the team is rebuilding. It's not going to happen in one or two offseasons.

RESPONSE: This is unexceptable. The Pats are not that far away from being a SB contender again. But, they must start acting boldly, and wisely...as they did in the 2007 off-season. Tom Brady is 33 years old. Great QBs like him don't come around very often. The Patriots can't afford to waste any more Brady seasons. Surround him now with the talent he needs, to win. You don't necessarily have to mortgage the future to do it. 

Posted by dafoe

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Tex I'm dissapointed you feel this way. I still believe that the Pats will bring in a marquee receiver for Brady through a draft day sign and trade. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in Marshall.

RESPONSE: The Broncos want a 1st rounder for Marshall...and some team may be stupid enough to do it. Marshall is a great talent...but a bigger head case than TO. He is a man-child, who hasn't met a woman who he doesn't want to beat up. Besides, do you really think that BB would want him, if his former understudy Josh McDaniels doesn't?  

The offensive line will still be a problem but there may be another Vollmer in the draft.

RESPONSE: Sure there will be. But what guarantees do we have that the Pats will be lucky enough to strike gold for a second time?

As much as you like Stallworth and Boldin Baltimore was the only team falling all over themselves for them.

RESPONSE: You don't know that. What we both know is that the Pats were interested, but didn't get it done. Now, they'll have to address the position through the draft...or a draft day trade.

What do the rest of the league NOT see in these guys that you do? Cromartie has a learning disability and can't read so I guess you can train him with dog whistles but at some point he'll blow some easy coverages because he's too "stupid" to recognize what's going on.

RESPONSE: You hope. Cro wasn't so stupid in his rookie year, when he had 10 interceptions...and was a dynamic kick returner. But then, he started making babies instead of gathering picks. For what the Jets gave up to get him, it was a good gamble on their part.

The Pats are never satisfied with their TEs and they'll draft another one of no consequence who won't produce but at least they know it.

RESPONSE: That certainly solves the problem.

They signed as good a core of vets as they could under the circumstances so I'm happy so far with what they've done. If they do nothing with receiver I'll go to the dark side with you and post about how much smarter I am than the mgmt but until then I'm going to wait and see what they do with the draft.

RESPONSE: Would you agree with me that the Pats were nothing more than playoff fodder last season? Have the Pats done anything thus far in this off-season to improve the team?

NO didn't win the SB because they had 4 stud receivers but because they had 4 guys who were very realiable pass catchers maybe the Pats will go that direction instead of relying on two guys to carry the team.

RESPONSE: The three SB teams were all much better defensively than the current addition. That is why they won 3 SBs. Plus, as you should know, the Polian passing rules have completely changed the game. WRs have much more value now than then. 

My final thought is this team can not put a healthy team on the field; maybe by some miracle they'll get through the season healthy and we'll all see what starters can do. Brady is getting older you're right and I anticipate we'll see some quality receivers in here by September.

RESPONSE: Hope you're right, about everything.  

Posted by TheFantasyBaron

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Boldin would have been nothing but a problem child.  He was seen argueing with his coach on the sidelines during their playoff run two years ago.

RESPONSE: Lawrence Taylor used to argue with Bill Parcells all the time. Yet, when he took the field, he let his play do his talking. Like Asante $amuel before him, all Boldin wanted was to get paid.

Reed is still available for WR.

RESPONSE: So is Joey Galloway, again. The question is, can he play? Reed might be a decent option as a slot receiver.

Tate is going to be ready this year.

RESPONSE: How do you know...and...can he play? 

The Patriots have two LBers on IR coming back.

RESPONSE: Crable is a bust. The jury is still out on McKenzie.

They have 4 early picks in a deep draft.  Tehy will have several late round picks.  These picks are going to be valuable this year.  7th rounders will be like 4th rounders in other years. Why is everyone worrying.

RESPONSE: Because there are no guarantees that the unproven players drafted will pan out. Remember Terrence Wheatly, Crable, and Ron Brace? 

This team has potential.  They always pick up good players in FA once the dust settles.

RESPONSE: Really? Who did the Pats get through free agency last year that helped them? 

In the next week or two, they will fill in some of the needs.  Wait until after the draft before jumping ship.

RESPONSE: Who said anything about jumping ship? I just won't drink the koolaid.

I am sure there will be players available later in the season too.  David Thomas was traded at the end of training camp.

RESPONSE: I believe Thomas was cut. Wasn't that a wonderful move? 

The Patriots are good at watching the waiver wires and getting players that fit. 
    Posted by msteven

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

It is horrible that the Pats retained their best D-Lineman (one of the best NT in the game) and their best CB, and RB and OLB......wow, what a horrible offseason so far.....sense the sarcasm?
    Posted by m1021us

And your point is? How did those signings make the Patriots a better team that the 2009 bunch?

Sections
Shortcuts