Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense

Well we just got Crumpler for TE. Not a bad pick up. Didn't post great receiving numbers the last couple years but might be a good run blocker given the Titans rushing success the last couple of years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense:
    [QUOTE]TP you think if they got Boldin they would be a legit SB contender?

RESPONSE: Would the addition of Boldin alone make the Pats a serious SB contender? No. But, it would make the Pats a much better team, and would shore up what was a major weakness last season...3rd WR. The addition of Stallworth would have somewhat eased the loss of Welker.

But, to become a legitimate SB contender, the Pats would also have to upgrade their offensive and defensive lines, and find an OLB to help Tully Banta-Cain rush the opposing passer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Jets improvement?  Lost 700 rushing yards and traded for a questionable CB.
    Posted by croc

I like to see teams agressively make moves to improve. The Jets have done this by trading up in the draft last year to get Mark Sanchez, trading up twice in the draft a couple of years ago to land CB Darrelle Revis and ILB David Harris, upgrading their offensive and defensive lines through free agency (OG Alan Faneca, OG Damien Woody, DT Kris Jenkins), upgrading at WR through the Braylon Edwards trade, and gambling on CB Antonio Cromartie.  

That said, I don't understand why the Jets would let the productive Thomas Jones go, and replace him with Tomlinson...who is clearly on the downside of his career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

First: 12/29/2008
    Last: 3/19/2010
    In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : ok, so trading a 3rd and a 4th pick 1 player was a good move for 1 position

RESPONSE: Considering that the Ravens picked up a pro-bowl caliber WR, absolutely. Who knows whether the late 3rd and 4th rounders will amount to anything. 

.....adding Stallworth was good as well, resigning Mason was also a good move.....

RESPONSE: Agreed.

But what about the other 19 positions that are still open?  they have 22 Free agents....I still see many holes.....

RESPONSE: Who are the 22 free agent players? Are they unrestricted, or restricted free agents? What are the "holes" that you claim to see?  

How again does upgrading 1 position, fill the holes and upgrade the other 19 positions?

RESPONSE: Again, what the are "holes" that you are referring to? Who are the Ravens in danger of losing? 

So I will again ask, name me 1 team that has gotten better thus far?

RESPONSE: Until you answer my questions above...I repeat...the Baltimore Ravens.

Do you want me to tell you the answer so you don't make a fool of yourself again?

RESPONSE: LOL!!! I'm not going to get into a childish game of name calling with you. If you would like to continue this discussion in a civil manner, I welcome your input.

Posted by m1021us
    Let's see, 19 players on are free agents and nobody filled the spots.....no, Baltimore did not improve.  Sorry, you can't just place practice dummies out there and think that they improved. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha.thanks i needed that laugh.yea teddy has three superbowl rings.played many years,came back after a stroke,and played the game he knows,but he dosent know anything about football.who needs knowledge of football when we have you.im gonna sleep real good tonight.LoL!
    Posted by mosseffect43

LOL!  Keep eating what the media feeds you....Bruschi is losing a ton of credibility...Thus I proved him wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I am probably the only one who saw the Jets move as an effective one. 

No one really knows what was going on inside the Jets building re: Jones, but I am willing to believe that he was going to accept the back up role going forward.  

Why attempt to make something work, if you believe it won't work, when you can clearly define your running back situation AND get a HOFer to accept a back up role while teaching the kid.   

Chemistry matters

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : Seriously, I you making this stuff up?  Do you really believe everything you just posted?  I love the Pats and I hate the Jets, but I'm not going to base my opinions on my own personal bias.  The Jets have improved dramatically in the offseason, the Pats still have Brady which always makes them competitive.  But you kidding yourself if you don't think the Pats have really hamstrung themselves by not going out and adding quality talent this far into the offseason.  Which is inexcusable when you have Brady at QB, but it wouldn't take much for the Pats to be right on top with a few minor moves here and there.
    Posted by BBRULES23

Nothing what I posted was personal bias, The Jests have made some moves that helped their team and some that made them worse (traded for a good CB(good) and signed an old RB to replace one of the best in the league(bad)).  There are still many players that are free agents on NY and they have not filled those positions yet....so the Jets have not improved in this offseason.....

As for the Pats, no....they have not hamstrung themselves because they didn't overpay for the ok talent that was out there.....the fact that you think this makes me believe that you are a pretty recent fan....this is the way things have worked for the past 10 years, and they will continue to do so.  thus the Pats have retained their top talent free agents and are now in a strong position in the draft and will improve in time.... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I am probably the only one who saw the Jets move as an effective one.  No one really knows what was going on inside the Jets building re: Jones, but I am willing to believe that he was going to accept the back up role going forward.   Why attempt to make something work, if you believe it won't work, when you can clearly define your running back situation AND get a HOFer to accept a back up role while teaching the kid.    Chemistry matters
    Posted by underdoggg

So the fact that everyone in the NY clubhouse is upset that one of their team leaders (TJ) is gone...means nothing?  Now they signed a declining RB who likes to whine and cry.....Ooooohhhh SCARY!!

And you are in the same camp as the over-reacting fans on this board who are crying about the Pats doing nothing...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Hi

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

m10 - LOL

You are a believer in all things Pats which include coaching and management's FULL control over the team.  If Belichick chose to get rid a productive player who may have been challenging management behind closed doors and had the ear of teammates (both of which very well could have been the case with Jones), you as a pats fan would have said GOOD RIDDANCE to that player, and sided with management.  No player is bigger than the team you would say. 

But when the management of your rival does something I could easily see the pats do, you claim that the team made a bad move because the guy they let go was a leader and beloved in the locker room. 

Fandom gets in the way of our rationality and it has with you here.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

m10 - LOL You are a believer in all things Pats which include coaching and management's FULL control over the team.  If Belichick chose to get rid a productive player who may have been challenging management behind closed doors and had the ear of teammates (both of which very well could have been the case with Jones), you as a pats fan would have said GOOD RIDDANCE to that player, and sided with management.  No player is bigger than the team you would say.  But when the management of your rival does something I could easily see the pats do, you claim that the team made a bad move because the guy they let go was a leader and beloved in the locker room.  Fandom gets in the way of our rationality and it has with you here.  
    Posted by underdoggg

Wow, you are delusional.....I would go by what the players in the locker room say....when Lawyer Milloy was released, I was not happy....the teammates were not happy.....but then we went on to win 2 more SB's after that.....that wa really the last time that I have heard complaints from the team about someone leaving.  Seymour getting traded was unfortunate because he was a really good player, but I can see why we did it...he has value and we had no chance of resigning him and all the rest of the free agents this year, so we got a value pick for him.

As fot the Jests, I don't hate them....there are really only 2 teams that I dislike very much....Indy and Pitt.....I am calling it like I see it.  Sorry to dissapoint.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : LOL!  Keep eating what the media feeds you....Bruschi is losing a ton of credibility...Thus I proved him wrong.
    Posted by m1021us
    unfortuately we have to eat the bull-s..t your feeding us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : Wow, you are delusional.....I would go by what the players in the locker room say....when Lawyer Milloy was released, I was not happy....the teammates were not happy.....but then we went on to win 2 more SB's after that.....that wa really the last time that I have heard complaints from the team about someone leaving.  Seymour getting traded was unfortunate because he was a really good player, but I can see why we did it...he has value and we had no chance of resigning him and all the rest of the free agents this year, so we got a value pick for him. As fot the Jests, I don't hate them....there are really only 2 teams that I dislike very much....Indy and Pitt.....I am calling it like I see it.  Sorry to dissapoint.
    Posted by m1021us
    you would go by what the players say,but teddy bruschi is delusional,and has lost all credibility? things that make you go Hmm.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : unfortuately we have to eat the bull-s..t your feeding us.
    Posted by mosseffect43

it tastes and smells a ton better than what you are feeding us......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : you would go by what the players say,but teddy bruschi is delusional,and has lost all credibility? things that make you go Hmm.
    Posted by mosseffect43

he is not a player anymore and is working for a network.....Yeah, he has lost all credibility.....he is a Tony Mazz wanna be.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : he is not a player anymore and is working for a network.....Yeah, he has lost all credibility.....he is a Tony Mazz wanna be.....
    Posted by m1021us
    he is one year removed from football.yes he works for a network.yes a network can add drama sometimes,but as an ex-player.they have eyes and will call things as they see it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : he is one year removed from football.yes he works for a network.yes a network can add drama sometimes,but as an ex-player.they have eyes and will call things as they see it.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Bruschi = Mazz

Sorry, but they have to talk about something.....why not try to stir things up in Pats land and get all of the people who don't have a mind all riled up over nothing?  bruschi is fitting into the reporters job PERFECTLY!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : They have improved dramatically? Really?  They lost a Pro Bowl Safety and brought in a concussion case from Cleveland. They lost two experienced nickel/dime backs and brought in an aggressive, athletic RCB in Cromartie, but the latter hasn't had a good season since 2007.  SD is probably thrilled to have unloaded him.  He's also DUMB.  Not good.  As for LT, they got WORSE here because Greene in his 2nd year will have to cover that.  DId they get any new WRs? How many picks do they have in the deepest draft in 25 years? Did they get a new OLB?   Who is their other DE? Leon Washington is having trouble just walking according to WFAN.  Please do some homework first.
    Posted by russgriswold

Don't you love the over-reaction?

But hey, someone said that because Bruschi said that the Jests have vastly improved.....it must be true!  LOL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by m1021us Let's see, 19 players on are free agents and nobody filled the spots.....no, Baltimore did not improve.  Sorry, you can't just place practice dummies out there and think that they improved. 
    Posted by m1021us

Still waiting for the names of this alleged list of 19...and, if this alleged list of 19 does indeed exist...information as to whether the 19 are restricted or unrestricted free agents? You can't get away with just saying things, and not backing those statements up. So...please do...if you can.

Furthermore, even if what you're saying is true, how do you know that they are going to lose some, or any of these players? Assuming that they'll lose them all is silly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I am probably the only one who saw the Jets move as an effective one.  No one really knows what was going on inside the Jets building re: Jones, but I am willing to believe that he was going to accept the back up role going forward.   Why attempt to make something work, if you believe it won't work, when you can clearly define your running back situation AND get a HOFer to accept a back up role while teaching the kid.    Chemistry matters
    Posted by underdoggg

Yes...chemistry does matter. The Jets' players were reportedly very upset over the decision to let Jones walk. So...if chemistry matters so much, why let the productive Jones go...and replace him with the declining LT, for the same amount of money it would have taken to keep Jones? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense :      Yes...chemistry does matter. The Jets' players were reportedly very upset over the decision to let Jones walk. So...if chemistry matters so much, why let the productive Jones go...and replace him with the declining LT, for the same amount of money it would have taken to keep Jones? 
    Posted by TexasPat3

So you admit that it was a downgrade!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense :      Still waiting for the names of this alleged list of 19...and, if this alleged list of 19 does indeed exist...information as to whether the 19 are restricted or unrestricted free agents? You can't get away with just saying things, and not backing those statements up. So...please do...if you can.      Furthermore, even if what you're saying is true, how do you know that they are going to lose some, or any of these players? Assuming that they'll lose them all is silly.      
    Posted by TexasPat3

Here are the UFR:

Pos
    PosNameTypeYrHt/WtCollege2009 TeamSigned Team
    LS1James DearthUFA96-4/270Tarleton StateNY Jets 
    DENRMarques DouglasUFA86-2/292HowardNY Jets 
    K6Jay FeelyUFA95-10/210MichiganNY Jets 
    TE19Ben HartsockUFA66-4/264Ohio StateNY JetsNY Jets
    RB3Thomas JonesUFA105-10/215VirginiaNY JetsKansas City
    FB4Tony RichardsonUFA156-1/238AuburnNY JetsNY Jets
    CB5Lito SheppardUFA85-10/194FloridaNY Jets 
    CB26Donald StricklandUFA75-10/185ColoradoNY JetsSan Diego

There are 8, they lost 2 and resigned 2.....there are 4 more holes....A good LS, K and an ok CB.

There are 2 RFA that are the only ones worth anything:

Pos
    PosNameTypeYrHt/WtCollege2009 TeamSigned Team
    QB9Kellen ClemensRFA46-2/223OregonNY Jets 
    WR5Braylon EdwardsRFA56-3/215MichiganNY Jets 
    MLB16Ryan FowlerRFA66-3/250DukeNY Jets 
    DTNRHoward GreenRFA56-2/320LSUNY Jets 
    OTNRWayne HunterRFA66-5/303HawaiiNY Jets 
    WR24Brad SmithRFA46-2/210MissouriNY Jets 
    S20Eric SmithRFA46-1/205Michigan StateNY JetsNY Jets
    RB4Leon WashingtonRFA45-8/202Florida StateNY Jets

Washington and Edwards......

You are correct, they have not lost these players, I never assumed that they did....BUT they are FREE AGENTS...meaning that they are NOT ON THE TEAM ANYMORE.  Thus the Team HAS NOT IMPROVED!

I still don't understand how you can say a team improved when it is missing people....It baffles me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense : So you admit that it was a downgrade!!!
    Posted by m1021us

You must be confusing me with another poster. I never said that getting LT was a good move for the Jets. Quite the contrary...I believe that they made a mistake when they got rid of Thomas Jones, and signed the declining LT...for the same money that Jones would have cost them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toolfinder. Show toolfinder's posts

TexasPat3, why argue with TOOLS there inanimate objects.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats' Passive Off-Season Makes No Sense :      You must be confusing me with another poster. I never said that getting LT was a good move for the Jets. Quite the contrary...I believe that they made a mistake when they got rid of Thomas Jones, and signed the declining LT...for the same money that Jones would have cost them.
    Posted by TexasPat3

Really?  Then how on earth can you say that they improved if you were not taking ALL of their signings into consideration?