Pats Playing Hide and Seek Before Playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Pats Playing Hide and Seek Before Playoffs?

Have to wonder if the Pats are being overly cautious aboput bringing back any of their injured players, especially key must-have playoff contributors like Chandler.  Don't want to lose any games, but we are in the playoffs as a division winner.  Chandler at full strength in the playoffs is more important than finishing record and home field.  Same thing about throwing the long ball. Lloyd could surprise come playoff time.  BB is thinking about the Super Bowl from Day 1. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Re: Pats Playing Hide and Seek Before Playoffs?

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have to wonder if the Pats are being overly cautious aboput bringing back any of their injured players, especially key must-have playoff contributors like Chandler.  Don't want to lose any games, but we are in the playoffs as a division winner.  Chandler at full strength in the playoffs is more important than finishing record and home field.  Same thing about throwing the long ball. Lloyd could surprise come playoff time.  BB is thinking about the Super Bowl from Day 1. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Rookie wall is being avoided with jones. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Eldunker I think you are spot on. Being overly cautious with Jones, not really unleashing Vereen yet, Lloyd being underutilized, and the defense not beign very aggressive. I agree BB is thinking Super bowl and will unleash alot of stuff in the playoffs. I still look forward to Edelman throwing for a TD on fake end around!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

yeah, but it's okay to rush players back like chung, edelman, vollmer, ect.

Maybe Gronk will be back next week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I agree, that having the healthy players is more important but I think he's holding them back for these two up coiming games. These are big games and we need to win at least 1 for a chance at a bye. Of course, having the Phins last week bought them some time to not have to rush people back which is nice.

I disagree with Lloyd though. I think he can do more but I don't think he's some secret weapon waiting to be used by a devilishly crafty BB. I expect in the playoffs he'll get 4-6 catches a game and be used mainly as a sideline threat if(when) teams stop to bracket him and focus on the interior routes. But, what we saw in the earlier part of the season is about what we should expect from him.

I also disagree with Quag on Vereen. I think the role he's in now as a change of pace back is what he'll always be. He can make some big plays when used situationally but I don't see him as something being left in reserve to spring on playoff foes. BB plays the best players to give him the best shot at winning. If Vereen was that spectacular I would expect to see him more often then Woodhead but we just don't. However, when used with less frequency you can catch other teams off guard and he has homerun potential. I think that's the best way to use him and one which will give you the best advantage, as a quick homerun threat when the opponents D isn't suspecting it. BTW Ridley is currently only 1 of 6 RB's in the league with 1000+ yrds right now. He's your main go to back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ankle injuries? Yeah they're being extra careful. Especially after bringing back Hernandez a week too early.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Belichick rations his players, it's smart football in today's game to use undrafted free agents and actually put them to work for a stretch of games.  

Nobody will care what you did leading up to a Super Bowl win, they won't care about stats (except for the fantasy football-philes) because like BB said right after Sundays win; we don't play for stats, we play to win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Belichick rations his players, it's smart football in today's game to use undrafted free agents and actually put them to work for a stretch of games.  

Nobody will care what you did leading up to a Super Bowl win, they won't care about stats (except for the fantasy football-philes) because like BB said right after Sundays win; we don't play for stats, we play to win.

[/QUOTE]

Mankins, Connely and Jones at Walk through practice today.  Yahoo!