Pats post season expectations?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Pats post season expectations?

Personally I see Pats as #2 seed - winning home game and losing AFC Championship on road in Denver. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Pats post season expectations?

#2 sounds about right. As things play out right now I see Pats vs KC in NE and Balt in Den in the divisional round and I see Balt vs NE in the AFCC and that one can be a big challange for the Pats. The way the D is playing right now and given the way Balt's D is starting to come together that could be a very tough out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Personally I see Pats as #2 seed - winning home game and losing AFC Championship on road in Denver. 

So what would be different besides change of venue in the AFCCG?

Weather? Pat's turning the ball over on the first 3 series? I don't know if the Pats could win an AFCCG in denver but I don't think it is a foregone conclusion that Denver would win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Seed two strikes me as most likely, but I don't think we can be totally complacent about the next four games given the way the defense has been playing.  With all the injuries on what was once a pretty good defense, the end of this year will be a wild ride for the Pats.  I like the mental toughness of this team though.  I think it's a winner even though it's deeply wounded. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

#2 seed, win the AFC Championsnhip in Denver, and win the Super Bowl over the Seattle Seahawks in NJ. Our D cant stop the Seahawks, but the weather will. Final; Pats 23-16.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

OMG lose in Denver?  What a troll.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Even if its unseasonably warm in Denver in January, it's a playoff game.  The odds of Manning gagging is pretty high.  I believe there will be Chowdah in the Meadowlands this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Ravens likely will clean Denver's clock while Patriots take care of business against KC in Foxboro.  This time around in AFCCG, the outcome is reverse from last year.  Patriot move on to the swaps of Meadowlands where they prevail over Seahawks on a cold, blustery day!

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champs.  Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champs???!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:

Get to the post season and lose the first game again on an INT in the endzone by the Golden Boy?!

One can only hope!

Well there it is... Jets fans deal in hope and pats fans deal in reality... enjoy the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I can envision a scenario (couple of 'em actually) where Denver loses in their first playoff game and I think the chances of that happening are 50/50, particularly if DelRio is still at the helm.  Pats playing to represent AFC in Super Bowl - yes indeed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Good thing about coming into this season. I had NO expectations. This team has already surpasses mine so its like playing with house money IMO. I am letting the season play out. I like our chances but I have no idea how it will play out. I just know we have a chance and thats all u can ask for. Im hoping our bad luck postseason mojo is gone but who knows.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I expect the Pats won't be playing the Jets............hey guess what ..I was right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

My opinion is that their defense just isn't good enough with all of the injuries to win three playoff games. Same old story as the last several years I'm afraid, close but no cigar.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

My opinion is that their defense just isn't good enough with all of the injuries to win three playoff games. Same old story as the last several years I'm afraid, close but no cigar.

maybe.......but hey the Jets can't even get into the playoffs......what's up with that? especially when they play in such a big market.......how can they be SO bad for SO long?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

maybe.......but hey the Jets can't even get into the playoffs......what's up with that? especially when they play in such a big market.......how can they be SO bad for SO long?

What's your point? Please don't bother responding to me if its about the Jets because I don't really care.

I don't get the reason for your response. Can I not have an opinion or does it offend you that I don't happen to think they will win the SB? Get over it, iceman, this forum is for differing opinions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

GO PATRIOTS!!! GO BOSTON!!!! Don't like it?..........GO AWAY!!! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

Even if its unseasonably warm in Denver in January, it's a playoff game.  The odds of Manning gagging is pretty high.  I believe there will be Chowdah in the Meadowlands this year.

Add the Welker choke factor to the Manning choke factor and the Donkeys are in deep doo doo in the clutch this year!!! GO PATS!!! GO BOSTON!!!! Don't like it?..........GO AWAY!!!  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Pats get Number 1 seed if Denver loses one and Pats win out - possible not probable, SD vs Denver is biggest opportunity

We will better know the probable seeding after Indie vs Cin.this week. I am rooting for Indie as our tie breaker is lost with the Pats's Cin Defeat, but we are good with a tie with Indie I believe.?

But right now

Round 1 Ravens vs Indie

KC vs Cin

I dont see KC beating Denver in the next round> Which of the 4 would have the best chance of beating Denver?

I dont care who we play or where we play, I will be apprehensive. I know the Pats have been getting killed about their run D. But I am not impressed with any AFC D either.

Denver next time against Pats would have their starting TE - a big difference, although the TE Tammy they had killed us too.

One of the great things about this years schedule they have been playing very good front 7 after Front 7/

Baltimore would be fun to see against Denver. they were picked on by Denver in the first game. they have 3 monster D guys, Suggs, Negata, Dumerville and the D is coming on to playoff level. I think they have a grudge with PM and his 7 tds, but they are limited on offense. and Denver has a grudge from last years playoff.

In the end I wouldnt be surprised to see the AFCCG in Foxboro

If God forbid Denver should get to the SB, I will be rooting for the NFC team

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

OMG lose in Denver?  What a troll.

Why is he a troll?  You can be a diehard fan and still be a realist.  For the AFCCG, if the Pats go into Denver they will be a six point underdog.  There is a reason for that.  I, of course, will be rooting for the Pats but if they win, it will be an upset.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Unless one of these teams is going to make the Playoffs the Chiefs aren't getting past the Wild Card...Yes these are the teams they have beaten this year in the AFC.  They have also beat up on the weak NFC but that's like CFL teams...the best thing that could happen to the Pats this post season would be for them to get a visit from these guys!

Jags
    Titans
    Raiders
    Texans
    Browns
    Bill

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

All in all and considedring that the Pats defense has been descimated, I look at every game that they win as a bonus to the season as a whole. I do not have high expectations and if they deliver wins to the Superbowl it's all a bonus...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to EastTraveler's comment:

All in all and considedring that the Pats defense has been descimated, I look at every game that they win as a bonus to the season as a whole. I do not have high expectations and if they deliver wins to the Superbowl it's all a bonus...

I agree......they have done alot with so many injuries...BB should be coach of the year.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

No one in the AFC is a lock.  Every team has its flaws.  Having Gronk healthy (guulp - I said it!) would be huge.  Hopefully Vereen gets that cast of soon too, that guy is definitely a weapon.  The Pats can win any shoot up they're in, but I could see a scenario where a good running team with a good D eats up the clock and limits what Brady can do.

Someone else here said it and I agree - the D is definitely going to have to be aggressive and take chances at certain points because I can't see a lot of three-and-outs happening without pressure, blitzing.  That front 7 is limited in a lot of ways.      

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lioneljoe. Show lioneljoe's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

#2 sounds about right. As things play out right now I see Pats vs KC in NE and Balt in Den in the divisional round and I see Balt vs NE in the AFCC and that one can be a big challange for the Pats. The way the D is playing right now and given the way Balt's D is starting to come together that could be a very tough out.

I see the Patriots loosing to the Ravens in the regular season and the Ravens getting the 6th seed. The Ravens will then beat Denver in Denver and we will have a rematch of the last two AFC championships with the Patriots getting a narrow win over the Ravens. In the superbowl it will be the Patriots over the Panthers.

Sections
Shortcuts