Pats/Ravens Reflection

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Pats/Ravens Reflection

First of all, let me clarify how proud I am of this team. Upon **sober** reflection and review of the DVR (thank God for that invention) , let me say something….. What a game!!!!  Beautiful weather and beautiful atmosphere for a motherfuc*kin azz-whoppin!!!!  If you can’t tell from my opening statement: I’m so proud of this team.  What a performance in a hostile environment.  I was at the game and the fans were ruthless.  The Pats came in and straight smacked them in the freaking mouth!

This is exactly what I was looking for from this squad.  A playoff type atmosphere, the defense and offense coming out hungry, Belichick throwing out one of his brilliant gameplans, and Brady channeling his inner fuc*king clutchness; absolutely beautiful.  It was just an absolute brilliant gameplan on both offense and defense.  They kept the defense honest with the run and then hammered them with the pass and play action.  The D stepped up the whole game even when the game was out of hand instead of the usual bend but don’t break bullsh*t.  They kept the offense honest with the mixing of zone and man schemes.  For once, they finally got some pressure on the QB.  Siliga, Jones*2, and NINK kept pressure on Flacco all game while the secondary kept their coverage.  Brilliant.  This is what a lot of us have been looking for in the past 5 playoffs.  They are down…what? like 5 starters on D?  They played great.  Turnovers is what makes this D special and they clarified their forte.  Just great.

On offense: no words.  I seriously have no other words to describe but greatness.  Some runs were bad, but they stuck to it!!!  What a revelation! They had some negative runs, the DLine penetrated and stopped Blount/Ridley(he sux btw) in the backfield but they stuck to it!!!  Just great.   Brady f*cking picked that D apart once they got the run going.  A D that usually has his number in the past but he whipped out his schl*ong(i can't say that?) and said suck it motherfu*ckers.  A beautiful mix of pass, run, play action, and half back screens.  I love it.  No other words.

The entire team kept their composure on the sideline but kept a well-balanced tenaciousness and professionalism throughout the entire game.  Even after the turnovers created the opportunity to seal the game, the entire team, both offense and defense, kept their focus and got after it.  This is the type of effort that everybody here has been hoping/praying for even after key players went down.  I know they can go deep in the playoffs if they keep this tenacity on both D and O.

This was arguably the biggest game of the Ravens season and the Pats came out and smacked them in the mouth both on D and O.  I am so freaking happy that they showed me this balance that I can’t help but scream and yell in euphoria.  If they keep this balance, composure and tenaciousness on both sides of the ball, I don’t see a god damn team in the NFL that is going to stop them.

GO PATS!!!!

LONG LIVE BRADY AND BELICHICK BABY!!!!

Also, as critical as I am of Mankins, he played tremendously.  I wanted to note that.  He kept Suggs/Dumerville/Ngata at bay the entire game even though he was playing out of position.  He really proved his worth today.  BTW, where are all the Welker apologists?  Edelman baby!!!!!!!!!

Lastly, can I say that Ravens fans are some of the most classless bunches of dogshitttt in the NFL?  Me and a buddy of mine had to whoop this guy’s azz (who got kicked out after the scuffle btw) for throwing a beer cup at one of our lady friend’s back.  What a di*ck.  Other than that, great freaking night.  Go Pats baby!!!!!!!!!

(Lastly lastly, I promise, how about clinching another divisional title?!!?!?!?  The best thing to ever happen to the Patriots organization is the combination of Kraf/Brady/Belichick!!!)

CHEERS MY BROTHERS/SISTERS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Pats/Ravens Reflection

Any chance you were the Pats fan waving the cash to the ref when he was about to review the Amendola "fumble". Everyone in the bar I was at got a kick out of it while it was happening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Any chance you were the Pats fan waving the cash to the ref when he was about to review the Amendola "fumble". Everyone in the bar I was at got a kick out of it while it was happening.

[/QUOTE]

Nah.  I can't afford the seats that close.  I was up in the nosebleeds in section 535.  Hence, the drunken fools that tried to ruin our night.

Btw, i'm confused.  Are you trying to say it was a fumble?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

Nah.  I can't afford the seats that close.  I was up in the nosebleeds in section 535.  Hence, the drunken fools that tried to ruin our night.

[/QUOTE]

No, that's why I had it in quotation marks. "Fumble". That being said, Amendola got lucky because hitting the ground had nothing to do with the fumble. He was lucky his forearm hit a milisecond before he fumbled it because that could have been a game changer. Once they lost Vereen the offense had very little margin of error. They played conservative and the defense did it's part and played great for 60 minutes. Special teams were solid also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I agree.

Ryan might be the steal of the draft.  Forget the interceptions; the kid was around the ball all game and just played great.  BB sux at drafting.  His blind loyalty to Rutgers is screwing this team.  We need a new GM

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO.  We noticed that too, had to rewind and watch it a couple times to make sure he was waving money, lol!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Nice post Irish, love your enthusiasm. Yeah, everyone stepped up. To be honest, though, I didn't think they had this type of 'crush the opponent in them', they sure did that, on O, D, ST, coaching, spectacular indeed. To witness this win, as you did, in a hostile environment is very special, as you will never forget it. The Pats are coming together now as a Team.

What a testimony this year would be to Belichick and players if/when they go on to win it all! It was good to see the Pats enjoying the win on the sidelines and did'nt need to win this one at the wire.

I like the fact that Willie Mac and Rodney must be laughing at all the other pundits that picked the Ravens to win, they know what it means to be a Patriot....;-)) What a Patriot Christmas present to all our fans.

Take care Irish, enjoy your post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

I ADMIT....I was wrong.  I thought the Pats would lose and lose big.  I thought that with all of our injuries, and the history of the Ravens whooping us over and over, we would lose.  Boy was I wrong!  (FACEPALM)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I was very surprised how the Pats got pressure on Flacco . I didn't think they could do that. The ravens gameplan was to defend pass all day against the pass happy pats. Which opened the running game up. That was over all a TEAM effort. I also will admit I thought the pats would lose this game too. I'm not going to fool myself all of a sudden the  pats have this great defense or offense , but games from here on out will have to be won like yesterday you would think.  Now Buffalo is up next with a #2 seed on the line and a slim chance for #1. I also think the pats might have gotten rid of the ravens hopefully. Do not want to see them again in the playoffs don't care where their offense ranks or D they usually give the pats problems weather it is home or away. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

First of all, let me clarify how proud I am of this team. Upon **sober** reflection and review of the DVR (thank God for that invention) , let me say something….. What a game!!!!  Beautiful weather and beautiful atmosphere for a motherfuc*kin azz-whoppin!!!!  If you can’t tell from my opening statement: I’m so proud of this team.  What a performance in a hostile environment.  I was at the game and the fans were ruthless.  The Pats came in and straight smacked them in the freaking mouth!

This is exactly what I was looking for from this squad.  A playoff type atmosphere, the defense and offense coming out hungry, Belichick throwing out one of his brilliant gameplans, and Brady channeling his inner fuc*king clutchness; absolutely beautiful.  It was just an absolute brilliant gameplan on both offense and defense.  They kept the defense honest with the run and then hammered them with the pass and play action.  The D stepped up the whole game even when the game was out of hand instead of the usual bend but don’t break bullsh*t.  They kept the offense honest with the mixing of zone and man schemes.  For once, they finally got some pressure on the QB.  Siliga, Jones*2, and NINK kept pressure on Flacco all game while the secondary kept their coverage.  Brilliant.  This is what a lot of us have been looking for in the past 5 playoffs.  They are down…what? like 5 starters on D?  They played great.  Turnovers is what makes this D special and they clarified their forte.  Just great.

On offense: no words.  I seriously have no other words to describe but greatness.  Some runs were bad, but they stuck to it!!!  What a revelation! They had some negative runs, the DLine penetrated and stopped Blount/Ridley(he sux btw) in the backfield but they stuck to it!!!  Just great.   Brady f*cking picked that D apart once they got the run going.  A D that usually has his number in the past but he whipped out his schl*ong(i can't say that?) and said suck it motherfu*ckers.  A beautiful mix of pass, run, play action, and half back screens.  I love it.  No other words.

The entire team kept their composure on the sideline but kept a well-balanced tenaciousness and professionalism throughout the entire game.  Even after the turnovers created the opportunity to seal the game, the entire team, both offense and defense, kept their focus and got after it.  This is the type of effort that everybody here has been hoping/praying for even after key players went down.  I know they can go deep in the playoffs if they keep this tenacity on both D and O.

This was arguably the biggest game of the Ravens season and the Pats came out and smacked them in the mouth both on D and O.  I am so freaking happy that they showed me this balance that I can’t help but scream and yell in euphoria.  If they keep this balance, composure and tenaciousness on both sides of the ball, I don’t see a god damn team in the NFL that is going to stop them.

GO PATS!!!!

LONG LIVE BRADY AND BELICHICK BABY!!!!

Also, as critical as I am of Mankins, he played tremendously.  I wanted to note that.  He kept Suggs/Dumerville/Ngata at bay the entire game even though he was playing out of position.  He really proved his worth today.  BTW, where are all the Welker apologists?  Edelman baby!!!!!!!!!

Lastly, can I say that Ravens fans are some of the most classless bunches of dogshitttt in the NFL?  Me and a buddy of mine had to whoop this guy’s azz (who got kicked out after the scuffle btw) for throwing a beer cup at one of our lady friend’s back.  What a di*ck.  Other than that, great freaking night.  Go Pats baby!!!!!!!!!

(Lastly lastly, I promise, how about clinching another divisional title?!!?!?!?  The best thing to ever happen to the Patriots organization is the combination of Kraf/Brady/Belichick!!!)

CHEERS MY BROTHERS/SISTERS!

[/QUOTE]

You captured it all, Irish.  Nice post.  I would offer one thing - try to come out of your shell just a skosh, 'k?  You're taking this win much too much in stride. ;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, that's why I had it in quotation marks. "Fumble". That being said, Amendola got lucky because hitting the ground had nothing to do with the fumble. He was lucky his forearm hit a milisecond before he fumbled it because that could have been a game changer. Once they lost Vereen the offense had very little margin of error. They played conservative and the defense did it's part and played great for 60 minutes. Special teams were solid also.

[/QUOTE] Both his left knee and his left elbow and forearm were down before they could dislodge the ball case over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Both his left knee and his left elbow and forearm were down before they could dislodge the ball case over.

[/QUOTE]

In real time it was close, in slo-mo from several angles it was clear that he was DBC (forearm) before the ball came loose.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If I recall correctly this was in the second quarter when the patriots were up 14 and they were throwing the ball with an empty backfield on first down ...  so much for the great mix of plays on that drive...  I think you should save all your gushing over the game for the defense primarily and the running game when Joshy got around to using it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

One thing was obvious in the game - Flacco is is really hurting. Guy had no ability to sidestep a pas rush! Nasty looking brace as well!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

This season has been a text book example of "on any given Sunday"

We should be ready for a Buffalo team that will give it it's all next week.

The Ravens aren't a high scoring team so when the Pats went up 14-0 early it put them behind the 8 ball.

Flacco was clearly a statue, unable to move at all.

Anybody see Dumerville?

Suggs is the Abominable Snowman after Herbie got thru with him...he's not the same player.

What Ridley and Blount did in that game must be continued.

Amendola's elbow was clearly down while he had possession...although if we are gonna beat the snot out of Ridley for "soft" fumbles had Amendola's elbow not been down it would have been the very definition of a soft fumble.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Irish- Great post! Great game! Thrashing the Ravens was a thing of beauty.  You said it all. GO PATS!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I ADMIT....I was wrong.  I thought the Pats would lose and lose big.  I thought that with all of our injuries, and the history of the Ravens whooping us over and over, we would lose.  Boy was I wrong!  (FACEPALM)

[/QUOTE]

The thing is...the Ravens don't have a history of "whooping us".  With last night's win, the Patriots are 8-3 over the Ravens.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Nice! LOL!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If I recall correctly this was in the second quarter when the patriots were up 14 and they were throwing the ball with an empty backfield on first down ...  so much for the great mix of plays on that drive...  I think you should save all your gushing over the game for the defense primarily and the running game when Joshy got around to using it.

[/QUOTE]

Further ... If amendola had not the bailout on that fumble and or Brady took a cheap shot on one of these dumb pass plays with the empty backfield and 14 point lead what would all the giddy Patriot fans be saying today...?

This is the point of the playcalling.  The game was in the balance at that point of the first half.  Passing the ball is more risky in that situation.  Less so if you maintain the pass-run option with a back in the back field.  USe the backs...  That's what they are on the team for.....

ITs just flat out stupid.    Mindboggling that McD and 95% of this board do not get this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Irish...  happy about this win much????   LOL  (-;

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Really?  The foream was clearly down before the ball got loose.  Same call in the favor of the Ravens and what would you have thought?  A Ravens' fan was waving cash to a ref to overturn the call upon review?  How many in the bar thought this was a BS call in favor of the Pats?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I agree with the whole thread, although I have calmed down now so my words may not jump out at you. I think Logan has the best ball skills on the team outside of Talib. Devin was in position but it would be nice to make those pics. I said the zone D would stop Flaccos deep ball game and that our O line was key. I predicted a win late in the week but didnt see us having that much success on the ground. I just think Flacco is a bum who is good at throwing deep but when we took it away, he never went with his checkdowns. I was worried about their front even but we took it to em' early like u are supposed to. first 2 plays were power runs and I knew the plan was in place. We still have a good a chance as anyone with BB/Brady. It was a signature game for both legends sunday. I had said BB needs one of his brillant gameplans. Pitta was a non factor and we all over the outside ,deep routes.

Kudos to Arrington for playing hard. Had a sack, and even set the edge on a big tackle one time. Very impressive,.Just keep em off the island. This was a "disrespect" game and you could see it unfolding. We got our swagga Back..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One thing was obvious in the game - Flacco is is really hurting. Guy had no ability to sidestep a pas rush! Nasty looking brace as well!

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of side-stepping to avoid a rush.

I am certain most here noticed how Flacco totally missed landing on his left foot when he went down on a sack.  Announcers made something of it.

Later in the game, Brady slipped in a side-step to avoid Suggs and he went down, barely being touched by Suggs.  But, did you notice Suggs reaction to that sack?  He put his hands up to the sides of his helmet and acted like a "scared person" reacting to his rush.  That was amusing, but, then again, Suggs didn't do much, did he?

Sections
Shortcuts