Pats/Ravens Reflection

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Pats/Ravens Reflection

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

awesome win overall.  Favorite parts are that the defense held a team to just 7 points - AND the offense was able to finish - meaning, putting away a team at the end of the game by scoring - and not having the defense hanging on for dear life by giving up points at the end of a game.

[/QUOTE]

Pats D outscored the Ravens offense 14 - 7!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

First of all, let me clarify how proud I am of this team. Upon **sober** reflection and review of the DVR (thank God for that invention) , let me say something….. What a game!!!!  Beautiful weather and beautiful atmosphere for a motherfuc*kin azz-whoppin!!!!  If you can’t tell from my opening statement: I’m so proud of this team.  What a performance in a hostile environment.  I was at the game and the fans were ruthless.  The Pats came in and straight smacked them in the freaking mouth!

This is exactly what I was looking for from this squad.  A playoff type atmosphere, the defense and offense coming out hungry, Belichick throwing out one of his brilliant gameplans, and Brady channeling his inner fuc*king clutchness; absolutely beautiful.  It was just an absolute brilliant gameplan on both offense and defense.  They kept the defense honest with the run and then hammered them with the pass and play action.  The D stepped up the whole game even when the game was out of hand instead of the usual bend but don’t break bullsh*t.  They kept the offense honest with the mixing of zone and man schemes.  For once, they finally got some pressure on the QB.  Siliga, Jones*2, and NINK kept pressure on Flacco all game while the secondary kept their coverage.  Brilliant.  This is what a lot of us have been looking for in the past 5 playoffs.  They are down…what? like 5 starters on D?  They played great.  Turnovers is what makes this D special and they clarified their forte.  Just great.

On offense: no words.  I seriously have no other words to describe but greatness.  Some runs were bad, but they stuck to it!!!  What a revelation! They had some negative runs, the DLine penetrated and stopped Blount/Ridley(he sux btw) in the backfield but they stuck to it!!!  Just great.   Brady f*cking picked that D apart once they got the run going.  A D that usually has his number in the past but he whipped out his schl*ong(i can't say that?) and said suck it motherfu*ckers.  A beautiful mix of pass, run, play action, and half back screens.  I love it.  No other words.

The entire team kept their composure on the sideline but kept a well-balanced tenaciousness and professionalism throughout the entire game.  Even after the turnovers created the opportunity to seal the game, the entire team, both offense and defense, kept their focus and got after it.  This is the type of effort that everybody here has been hoping/praying for even after key players went down.  I know they can go deep in the playoffs if they keep this tenacity on both D and O.

This was arguably the biggest game of the Ravens season and the Pats came out and smacked them in the mouth both on D and O.  I am so freaking happy that they showed me this balance that I can’t help but scream and yell in euphoria.  If they keep this balance, composure and tenaciousness on both sides of the ball, I don’t see a god damn team in the NFL that is going to stop them.

GO PATS!!!!

LONG LIVE BRADY AND BELICHICK BABY!!!!

Also, as critical as I am of Mankins, he played tremendously.  I wanted to note that.  He kept Suggs/Dumerville/Ngata at bay the entire game even though he was playing out of position.  He really proved his worth today.  BTW, where are all the Welker apologists?  Edelman baby!!!!!!!!!

Lastly, can I say that Ravens fans are some of the most classless bunches of dogshitttt in the NFL?  Me and a buddy of mine had to whoop this guy’s azz (who got kicked out after the scuffle btw) for throwing a beer cup at one of our lady friend’s back.  What a di*ck.  Other than that, great freaking night.  Go Pats baby!!!!!!!!!

(Lastly lastly, I promise, how about clinching another divisional title?!!?!?!?  The best thing to ever happen to the Patriots organization is the combination of Kraf/Brady/Belichick!!!)

CHEERS MY BROTHERS/SISTERS!

[/QUOTE]

I think you said what a lot of us feel.  Well done Irish!

Regarding Ravens fans, I only know one of them personally and that was when I was living in Florida.  After the Ravens won their first Super Bowl, I congratulated him on the Ravens win and he kind of flipped me off as they had it all the way yada, yada, yada.  Then for a few years after that, the Pats played the Ravens a few times and before every game he would say "we're going to kick your A.  Everytime the Pats won, he would turn away and never say a word.  He was a bad winner and a bad loser.  I lost contact after I moved to NC but I bet he is still the same old a  hole.  LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Thread of the year to me!  Sweet post irish!  Now that my hangover is subsiding a bit, I can get back to being as excited as you were in the initial post!

Great win and the way that I wanted to see the Pats win.  They are starting to get hot at the right time even with all the injuries.  It was good to see and a huge confidence builder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

awesome win overall.  Favorite parts are that the defense held a team to just 7 points - AND the offense was able to finish - meaning, putting away a team at the end of the game by scoring - and not having the defense hanging on for dear life by giving up points at the end of a game.

[/QUOTE]

The fact that they were able to eat up the clock with the running game was a huge point of emphasis for me.  Dallas lost a game where they had it in hand because they had poor play calling.  Not this team... even with Brady they didn't go pass happy and ran the ball and the clock out on the Ravins.  Very professional win and a great way to show what we can do in a playoff environment.

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts