Pats re-sign Stephon Morris...Odd Timing.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Pats re-sign Stephon Morris...Odd Timing.

Why would they re-sign this guy 2 days before cuts?  Hmmm...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Pats re-sign Stephon Morris...Odd Timing.

In response to russgriswold's comment:

It could be that they like him more than whoever they might stash on the PS.  Maybe he showed up more than Green or Jones?

I believe Morris got hurt, which is why they released him, but maybe they aren't happy enough with Green or Jones to stash on the PS.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

You're probably right.  They probably just want to get a little more of a look at him now that he is healthy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

It is not like there is a bunch of NFL team front office people lined up in front of Morris' house to grab him as soon as he peeks out. You would think there may be some better options after the first wave of cuts by teams on Tuesday. But what do we peasants know.

Living well is the best revenge.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We could use a smallish corner to cover slot guys, the kid ran a 4.3, if you like him sign him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

We could use a smallish corner to cover slot guys, the kid ran a 4.3, if you like him sign him.

Those are words I never thought I'd hear a Patriot's fan say. We can use a small corner? We've drafted garden gnomes for the last ten years - I swear Belichick drafted Wheatley to put him next to his hydrangeas - we all think he is working at some insurance company, but you know he's in Belichick's garden.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Can he return punts or kicks?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Pats want a CB on the PS assuming they keep 6 active. 

Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan, Cole, Ras

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Can he return punts or kicks?

I believe he was known as a pretty good kick returner at Penn State.  That's actually what raised my eyebrows about this move.  There has been a lot of debate recently about whether Leon Washington should make the squad.  I've been siding with those who think that he will, but I we just signed a rookie return man the day before cuts then all of the sudden I'm not so sure.  I guess it will all sort itself out soon enough...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Those are words I never thought I'd hear a Patriot's fan say. We can use a small corner? We've drafted garden gnomes for the last ten years - I swear Belichick drafted Wheatley to put him next to his hydrangeas - we all think he is working at some insurance company, but you know he's in Belichick's garden.

Great post...... Who knew you were funny?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You look right away to Washington.. You might want to rethink , does Edleman make it? I think we find someone who can return punts Edleman is gone.

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Maybe Washington , i think Edleman is safe coz he has produced and is very versatile, he is a slot guy, their wr's are at least 3 rookies, and i don't see them going with 4, finally the question is 4 or 5 rb's?

Have to admit, 4.3 guys are always interesting

the unknown is how BB puts his matrix cube together and that includes     the PS. How many Dl's, LBs, pure ST's are on the final 53 and then who thye grab off other teams cuts?

I think that the only reason Tebow is here is to have a 3rd qb in camp. I still have no idea why he was here

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

You look right away to Washington.. You might want to rethink , does Edleman make it? I think we find someone who can return punts Edleman is gone.

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

Good point.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Why would they re-sign this guy 2 days before cuts?  Hmmm...

The Pats are a bit thin at CB. In signing Morris, they are adding a body to participate in the final preseason game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You would use a hammer to saw a board in half...

Small, quick receivers like Wes Welker can burn you just as easily as large downfield threats if you don't have the personnel to match up with them.  We can easily upgrade over Cole if a really talented player comes along...  Wheatley didn't work out, not because he was small but because of health and the transition from college to the pros.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I disagree, but have to say this made me laugh...hard.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

One pre-season game and a now health Morris and Greene will battle it out for the PS position . . . as the Pats will keep at least one DB on the PS . . . Tebow is here at least throught the last pre-season game . . . certainly Morris could return punts and kickoffs but I don't see him taking a 53 man team position ahead of Washington and certainly not Edelman, Pats would not go with that many rookies on this team as they are one of the 4-6 teams with a shot a the Super Bowl in the AFC.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You would use a hammer to saw a board in half...

Small, quick receivers like Wes Welker can burn you just as easily as large downfield threats if you don't have the personnel to match up with them.  We can easily upgrade over Cole if a really talented player comes along...  Wheatley didn't work out, not because he was small but because of health and the transition from college to the pros.

Alright, maybe you're right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

There's always one guy who seems to get sign and released 2-3 times in the same season. This is his year...