Pats record this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Pats record this year?

I have them at 13-3…..Figuring weak AFC East Pats go 5-1 at worst, division schedule has them playing NFC Central which Green Bay was champ last year with 8 wins, then AFC West which is Denver and 3 nobodies, and then 1st place finishers Colts and Cincy...

Should give Pats a first round bye….and should be AFC rep in Superbowl.

"Cancel those reservations!" Willie McGinest, Heinz field  Jan 27,2002 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Pats record this year?

12-4

Anything over that is icing on the cake.

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

What the heck . . . this is the year the 72 Dolphins send their champagne to Boston . . . 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

14-2

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

If this team is healthy it can win as many games as it can come to play - so 15 or 16 is not outside their talent but of course not a likely outcome. If reasonably healthy I think this team wins 13 or 14 games. With some injury issues plus a game that they just dont play or coach up to snuff make it 11 to 12 wins.

PREDICTION 14 WINS

If as healthy as their playoff opponents they get to the AFC Championship game. At that point it really gets down to (1) which team is healthier and (2) who is home and (3) is one team more adaptable to weather and (4) does either coaching staff lay an egg.

I favor the Pats slightly over Denver for AFC Champs (slightly does not mean a close score in head to head necessarily... just odds). I favor Pats over the best teams in the NFC. Injuries already are impacting GB a little. Seattle will need to step up their O a little from last year and they have lost some of their depth of rotational talent on D and an OT. I think SF takes a small step backwards this year. NO could be interesting. I thought Rams might have been a dark horse but no longer. Already injuries to a number of players are hurting them and Bradford is just the worst of the hits.

So here I favor Pats to win SB but health health health is biggest key (as usual with this team... we dont need to stinckin badges or magic helmet catches).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

19-0

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

14-2 is what the will end up with, but as long as we make it to the playoffs with a bye I am happy! This team if fully healthy and plays up to snuff, we could challenge the 07 team...if you know what I mean.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

10-6 or 11-5

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

10-6 or 11-5

I am curious who you have them losing to?

If healthy this team will be better defensively compared to last year and with the rookie WR's in their second year along with LaFell and a healthy Vereen and Gronk all year the offense will also be much better. Not to mention our schedule isn't much tougher this year compared to last.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

12-4 - Accounting for an occasional bump in the road.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

10-6 or 11-5

If healthy this team will be better defensively compared to last year and with the rookie WR's in their second year along with LaFell and a healthy Vereen and Gronk all year the offense will also be much better. Not to mention our schedule isn't much tougher this year compared to last.

I think the Pats have tough games against teams that can over power their OL

I think the Pats have 2 divisional games that will be tough games

In addition, these 6 games are tough matchups for the Pats OL IMO

Bengals

Bears

Broncos

Lions

Packers

Chargers

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

right now I would predict 12-4 and a superbowl win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

What the heck . . . this is the year the 72 Dolphins send their champagne to Boston . . . 

Not a chance. I'll bet my kingdom on it. Not 'literally'.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

If this team is healthy it can win as many games as it can come to play - so 15 or 16 is not outside their talent but of course not a likely outcome. If reasonably healthy I think this team wins 13 or 14 games. With some injury issues plus a game that they just dont play or coach up to snuff make it 11 to 12 wins.

PREDICTION 14 WINS

If as healthy as their playoff opponents they get to the AFC Championship game. At that point it really gets down to (1) which team is healthier and (2) who is home and (3) is one team more adaptable to weather and (4) does either coaching staff lay an egg.

I favor the Pats slightly over Denver for AFC Champs (slightly does not mean a close score in head to head necessarily... just odds). I favor Pats over the best teams in the NFC. Injuries already are impacting GB a little. Seattle will need to step up their O a little from last year and they have lost some of their depth of rotational talent on D and an OT. I think SF takes a small step backwards this year. NO could be interesting. I thought Rams might have been a dark horse but no longer. Already injuries to a number of players are hurting them and Bradford is just the worst of the hits.

So here I favor Pats to win SB but health health health is biggest key (as usual with this team... we dont need to stinckin badges or magic helmet catches).

'Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges.' Treasure of Sierra Madre, good flick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

19-0

Put the pink champagne down please. No one will ever go 19-0.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Bengals

Bears

Broncos

Lions

Packers

Chargers

Four of the games you mentioned are at home where the Patriots are pretty darn good. The Chargers and Packers games are back to back on the road where I could see at least one loss. This team is too good to only go 10-6 or 11-5. Have some pride in your team, man!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

19-0

Put the pink champagne down please. No one will ever go 19-0.

Tony Gonzalez thinks the Broncos will this year. Tee hee!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Regular season record is for show. Give me 9-7 and a SB run, and I'm fine. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

18-1. We lose one in the regular season so we do not have to sweat it out in the SB. :) 

For real, 12-4, win SB!

Go Pats.

I live in Tucson, Az and if the Pats go to the SB this year I will Go!!!!!!!!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Lose one close game where Gronk is bear hugged by a linebacker in the end zone and the refs pick up the PI flag and trot off the field.

Lose another when the opponent kicks a last second field goal wide right and the refs call it good and trot off the field.

Lose to the Broncos when Browner is flagged for entering the game.

Beat the Jets when the Pats miss a last second fourth and goal but Rex calls time out giving them a second chance.

13-3

• You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

10-6 or 11-5

Bengals

Bears

Broncos

Lions

Packers

Chargers

4 home games there.

Chargers always seem to stink against us, however they are on the road, I'll actually be at that game this year.

Bears are difficult, but I think this defense takes Cutler and the entire offense out of the game leaving us a victory.

Packers will be tough, but an interesting stat on Rodgers is he rarely wins when he has to come back in the 4th quarter. If we can get and early lead I think this defense, that will down Browner by then can handle it, but very tough in GB.

The Lions are a mess and always will be, its in our house, it may be tough but I got a win there.

I think we learned our lesson from the Bengals game last year and have improved upon some areas to help win a game like that, again it's in our house compared to last years on the road loss in Cincy.

That leave the Broncos, this game will be nuts, its at our house, but I can't with confidence say we win that game, but I am not ready to say it will be a loss either.

I know I said 14-2, which means we probably lose to GB and either the Broncos or a surprise loss in the division. But, I can easily see this team with at minimum 12 victories, but more than likely 13 or 14.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

12-4, but I don't think we have enough pieces of the puzzle to get a ring this year. I watched Seattle on the NFL pre-season site, and they look a step ahead of the Pats. They look stacked on offense and defense. On the other hand, Denver looked beatable and Manning looked slower and less accurate than his usual self. Still pre-season but that's how it looked. So unless the Ravens or the Steelers get a whole lot better than they were last year, New England has a pretty good shot at getting to the SuperBowl but NFC's best team still looks faster, stronger and better.

I hate saying this, by the way. I would really like to be wrong.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

12-4 regular season

NE over Broncos in AFCC game

NE over Seattle in SB

• You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

13-3 sounds about right. I think they drop one early as the OL is still trying to pull it together, Gronk might not see the field right away, and the D needs to form up. Then one upset. Then one to a playoff caliber team in a squeaker 

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

12-4 as it stands right now, but if this team can stay relatively healthy, I see us picking up steam going into the playoffs, once again playing an AFC Championship game in Denver, winning, and then returning to the SB. 

• Sections
    Shortcuts