Pats Redskins Joint Practice Report

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

Pats Redskins Joint Practice Report

Hey fellas, I'm about to roll up to practice in a few minutes (Northern VA native). I've got some paper and a pen with me to take notes and I'll share observations after conclusion of practice today. I have tickets to tomorrow's session also so you'll get two reports from me in the next two days. Anything in particular you want me to watch out for?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Pats Redskins Joint Practice Report

Hey JMU, thanks for the post. If you have any chance to take notes on the following players, I would really appreciate it!

S: Harmon, T. Wilson

WR: Thompkins, Boyce, LaFell

DL: Chandler Jones, Kelly, Wilfork

RB: James White, Ridley

LB: Hightower, Mayo

If you can get notes on even just a few of these players, thanks in advance!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

OL: Blocking for Brady

Front 7: Pass rush

Garop: comfort level in the pocket, decision making

Finch: elusiveness, ability to break tackles, KR duties

Mallet: accuracy

Revis and Browner: Locking down WR's

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

JMU, if you have an opportunity can you keep an eye out for Zach Moore DE the 6th round draft choice. Any comments or observations would be much appreciated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to JMUFranco's comment:

Hey fellas, I'm about to roll up to practice in a few minutes (Northern VA native). I've got some paper and a pen with me to take notes and I'll share observations after conclusion of practice today. I have tickets to tomorrow's session also so you'll get two reports from me in the next two days. Anything in particular you want me to watch out for?

Thanks JMU!!  great stuff, you're probably real excited!  I would be.

I'd say, RB James White ~ see what he brings as far as burst/catching out of backfield - etc....since Ridley,Vareen are in last yr of contracts....

Overall WR - catching the ball, heard some stuff that Lafell got some dropsies, plus check in w/Amedola - to make sure he is involved with Brady.  My feeling is, Amedola will stay on the healthier side this yr and have a very good year.

Size of O line - heard they are much bigger than previous years. 

Mark Anderson, LB from Chi - how does he look...(if you have a chance)

Heard Jimmy G got a LONG ways to go - maybe check him out if you have a chance....

Thanks JMU! ENJOY

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Pretty much secondary, DL, like Ghost love to see if Moore is improving, if/how Gronk looks, and the WR's

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Easley and Garrapolo, if you get the opportunity.  I'd like to see as much as I can on each of 'em.  Is Easley as explosive as he's advertised to be?  Recognizing that JG is a rookie QB in a complex system that was nothing like what he saw in college, I'd be interested your thoughts on:

*his release - supposed to be quick

*decisiveness - obviously will be a work in progress

*pocket presence - not always easy to discern

Thanks, JMU, and enjoy the visit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Easley and Garrapolo, if you get the opportunity.  I'd like to see as much as I can on each of 'em.  Is Easley as explosive as he's advertised to be?  Recognizing that JG is a rookie QB in a complex system that was nothing like what he saw in college, I'd be interested your thoughts on:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Easley hasn't been cleared for practice yet

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Thx for info. This should be a good week.  I am trying to drive down to VA to catch the game. The Redskins stadium is huge.  Seems lots of folks are interested in Z.Moore.

I noticed him right away on Saturday when I attended the in stadium practice. With all the Ty Law Hype, the practice was pretty light for starters and the backups got all the work. Z.Moore looks like C.Jones on Steroids. Very similar build expect Moore looks 20 lbs bigger and more stout. He def. is an athlete and was in the mix. He had some trouble setting the edge but otherwise looked the part. No worse than Buchanan/Bequette. I think Bequette is gone this year. Buchanan is an imposing figure. He should get some p/t this year but W.Smith may have some say there.

I have to say once again, these young guys Malcom Butler and Travis Hawkins continue to impress. Hawkins had a INT off Brady in the endzone and Butler showed up as well. Grap looks like a couple years away. Hard to see what they saw in this kid so far.

Ty Law, T.Brown,Milloy, Faulk, Otis, B.Hamilton, S.Morris(?), and a few others were all taking in practice. Starters only did drills and gave way for backups to partake in practice.

I like J.Jones. He has decent, soft hands and moves well. He should earn a spot. Asa Watson is bigger than I thought but didnt do much. The Van Hoosier Kid may surprise. He looked good. We have some bigger backs on the roster. Jonas Gray is a Beast and runs hard. I didnt see much of White as he seems to be locked in. Rested w/starters. Browner looks even bigger in person. Long skinny legs but hits like a ton of bricks.

The secondary seems to be really gelling and have good camaraderie on/off the field which is good news.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

A report on the OL would be good :)

Thanks!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Easley hasn't been cleared for practice yet

Then I guess we won't hear much about him.  Thanks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

james madison university?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Looks like Gronk will be sitting this one out.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4765683/gronk-not-taking-part-in-joint-practice?ex_cid=espnapi_public

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:

Yep, graduated this May.

I am leaving and getting drinks now but have a page full of notes. I stupidly left my roster at home but I took down numbers. My view was nearly impossible to make out how individuals on the oline did, bit easier to see who was making plays on dline. I focused a lot on the receivers, corners, safeties, and qbs. Assuming I don't get too saucy at the bar (no promises) I'll put up a full write-up tonight. Tomorrow I'll get there earlier and try to get a better seat.

initial quick tidbits:

Revis is incredible.

Mallett had several passes sail a little high/slightly off the mark. Makes you really appreciate how precise Brady is. Garappolo has a very quick release and had good presence in the pocket when it collapsed. Definitely needs some work though as far as the passing and decision-making goes.

Edelman was virtually uncoverable. 

I think I saw Dennard playing some safety?

Ridley was running very well, had several long runs.

Justin Jones 88 is impossible to miss. Had a fantastic one handed grab and got lit up, but he held on for the long reception down the middle. Showed up several times- hope he sticks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Thx for info. This should be a good week.  I am trying to drive down to VA to catch the game. The Redskins stadium is huge.  Seems lots of folks are interested in Z.Moore.

I noticed him right away on Saturday when I attended the in stadium practice. With all the Ty Law Hype, the practice was pretty light for starters and the backups got all the work. Z.Moore looks like C.Jones on Steroids. Very similar build expect Moore looks 20 lbs bigger and more stout. He def. is an athlete and was in the mix. He had some trouble setting the edge but otherwise looked the part. No worse than Buchanan/Bequette. I think Bequette is gone this year. Buchanan is an imposing figure. He should get some p/t this year but W.Smith may have some say there.

I have to say once again, these young guys Malcom Butler and Travis Hawkins continue to impress. Hawkins had a INT off Brady in the endzone and Butler showed up as well. Grap looks like a couple years away. Hard to see what they saw in this kid so far.

Ty Law, T.Brown,Milloy, Faulk, Otis, B.Hamilton, S.Morris(?), and a few others were all taking in practice. Starters only did drills and gave way for backups to partake in practice.

I like J.Jones. He has decent, soft hands and moves well. He should earn a spot. Asa Watson is bigger than I thought but didnt do much. The Van Hoosier Kid may surprise. He looked good. We have some bigger backs on the roster. Jonas Gray is a Beast and runs hard. I didnt see much of White as he seems to be locked in. Rested w/starters. Browner looks even bigger in person. Long skinny legs but hits like a ton of bricks.

The secondary seems to be really gelling and have good camaraderie on/off the field which is good news.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

Nice report! I've been disappointed with the globe's coverage, it seems like the same stuff everyday...0ffense vs. defense pass rush scores, with no insight...catches and drops, with little more...and the daily Garrapolo fumbles/interception totals. Bad and boring.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Yep, graduated this May.

I am leaving and getting drinks now but have a page full of notes. I stupidly left my roster at home but I took down numbers. My view was nearly impossible to make out how individuals on the oline did, bit easier to see who was making plays on dline. I focused a lot on the receivers, corners, safeties, and qbs. Assuming I don't get too saucy at the bar (no promises) I'll put up a full write-up tonight. Tomorrow I'll get there earlier and try to get a better seat.

initial quick tidbits:

Revis is incredible.

Mallett had several passes sail a little high/slightly off the mark. Makes you really appreciate how precise Brady is. Garappolo has a very quick release and had good presence in the pocket when it collapsed. Definitely needs some work though as far as the passing and decision-making goes.

Justin Jones 88 is impossible to miss. Had a fantastic one handed grab and got lit up, but he held on for the long reception down the middle. Showed up several times- hope he sticks.

Thanks.  Good stuff; really good stuff.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

Yep, graduated this May.

initial quick tidbits:

Revis is incredible.

Thanks for the report.  So much more refreshing than what rkrap provides.

Sounds like justin jones has a chance to beat out williams for the 3rd te spot.  I would imagine he would be a nightmare in the red zone with gronk.

Also, are you sure it was dennard at safety?  I read bb had arrington there the other day.

Congrats and graduating.  No the real work begins.  Lol

[object HTMLDivElement]

Why is it more refreshing?  By his own accounts, he really hasn't said anything yet and is going to go get drunk.

Perhaps, that's the part that interests you?  The drunk part?  Yes, it most certainly is.

Your jealousy is psychotic.

But, yes, It is nice to hear accounts of people who are there.

And the press is restricted to what they can report.  That's why they can't report particulars.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Best news of the day. I was hoping they would hold him out. No need letting another team beat on him, get him injured. Should be great matchups w/Browner/Revis  vs Garcon/Jackson.

Also, Forgot to mention. Roy Finch went down early in practice after another back rolled up on his leg on the sidelines. Tough because he was getting lots of reps as Kick Returner. Boyce now has an opportunity to take that job.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Why is it more refreshing?  By his own accounts, he really hasn't said anything yet and is going to go get drunk.

Perhaps, that's the part that interests you?  The drunk part?  Yes, it most certainly is.

Your jealousy is psychotic.

Hahaha!  Rusty OWNED already today!!

Hey Rusty, leave the football talk to the big boys today!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey fellas, I'm about to roll up to practice in a few minutes (Northern VA native). I've got some paper and a

Thanks JMUFranco for the info, look forward to reading your write up tonight.

BTW, on NFL Network this morning Mike Mayock said Mallet looked very good today and showed that he can be a starter in the NFL and should raise his trade stock for teams currently looking.  I thought this was interesting coming from Mayock.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

Woops got Dennard's number mixed up. Saw 25, 27, and 23 playing at safety next to McCourtey. I noticed Tavon Wilson getting a lot of work. 23 got some work with backups also, dropped a very easy would-be interception.

Again tons of praise for Revis. He locked down his receiver just about every time. Completely shut down DeSean, running stride for stride with him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Saw a report that DeSean caught a long ball against Revis, but good to hear he was locking him down most of the time....

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Woops got Dennard's number mixed up. Saw 25, 27, and 23 playing at safety next to McCourtey. I noticed Tavon Wilson getting a lot of work. 23 got some work with backups also, dropped a very easy would-be interception.

Again tons of praise for Revis. He locked down his receiver just about every time. Completely shut down DeSean, running stride for stride with him.

Chung, Wilson, and Arrington. That makes more sense, thanks.

Sections
Shortcuts