pats/redskins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: pats/redskins

O MY!!! Ben Watson played today?!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: pats/redskins:
    Our secondary looks good. Except the one play where Bodden got beat by Santana Moss.  Our LBs looked great except for Bruschi getting beat by Cooley. Our DL has been errorless.  Good Pass Rush, good Rush defense. Not bad NE. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

It was the BLITZ, not Bruschi, that cost them on the long crossing route.

Note that Bruschi was SHUFFLING, not running, meaning he was in a ZONE of some sort (or a QB spy).  Either way, they rushed 5 or 6 guys, and when you don't get there and hit the QB or force a bad throw it's going to cost you.

But I agree, our starters looked fine for the most part.  It's the final 5:00 of the first half that alarmed me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

I would like to see BJGE get the opportunity to play with the first stringers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Former Hoosier Backs looking good for the pats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

In Response to Re: pats/redskins : I must be watching a different game. 
    Posted by underdogg

you do march to a different drummer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Green Ellis....love it.....pound that rock !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Why challenge a play in the preseason.  I would think the Redskins coaches would want to see how the back up d would do in a red zone situation. 

Maybe they are just honing their challenge skills.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Argh! Camp fodder fumbles.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: pats/redskins : I must be watching a different game. 
    Posted by underdogg

You must. They were only 2 mistakes on the starting defense. Bruschi's and Bodden's. No secondary can play at the level most people want them too. Most of WSH's passes were slants. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Sign me up for the BenJarvis Green-Ellis fan club.  I know he fumbled last week, but he runs like a maniac and runs through contact.  I think he'd be productive even in the starting lineup

btw, boy are the backups sloppy.  running past plays, getting penalties, etc etc.  I can't even comment really - the whole thing is such a crapshoot that I think I'd have to watch film to figure out who's doing what in the mess

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Tom Brady Rule.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

W T F ?!?!??!?!?!  ROUGHING THE PASSER?!?!??!?! ON A SACK?!?!??!?!?!?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: pats/redskins : It was the BLITZ, not Bruschi, that cost them on the long crossing route. Note that Bruschi was SHUFFLING, not running, meaning he was in a ZONE of some sort (or a QB spy).  Either way, they rushed 5 or 6 guys, and when you don't get there and hit the QB or force a bad throw it's going to cost you. But I agree, our starters looked fine for the most part.  It's the final 5:00 of the first half that alarmed me.
    Posted by NickC1188

That didn't look like zone coverage to me. The backup LBs have been costing us all game. Bruschi's miss play and Lenon's jumping . 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I don't care if it was a penalty (and even the announcers noted that he was blocked down)

I like 76 - he has a good motor.  I've noticed him pursuing and not quitting on plays in past games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: pats/redskins : That didn't look like zone coverage to me. The backup LBs have been costing us all game. Bruschi's miss play and Lenon's jumping . 
    Posted by 49Patriots

He wouldn't be shuffling in man-to-man.  You shuffle against the run or in zone.  You turn and run when the other guy turns and runs in man-to-man.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: pats/redskins : That didn't look like zone coverage to me. The backup LBs have been costing us all game. Bruschi's miss play and Lenon's jumping . 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Either way, it was the BLITZ that cost us.  The QB had 4+ seconds to throw despite sending extra men.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Why wasn't that a low hit? I can't stand inconsistency.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Why wasn't that a low hit? I can't stand inconsistency.
    Posted by tartarus12

Me too.  They called Aiken on the most pathetic holding call (barely touched Redskins #20), then didn't call Pats #10 on the same block two plays later.  As a coach, I could live with a call I don't like as long as they call it every time, but inconsistency makes it a crapshoot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I didn't see any of the game, did Welker get to play? I know Moss is a fantastic receiver, but the guy I think who really makes the Patriots tough to stop is Wes Welker. I love the way both he, and Kevin Faulk play the game.  Nothing wrong with getting frustrated sometimes, even if it is Pre-Season. Love the passion you guys have for your team! I hope Tom Brady is alright.  Win or lose, (mostly losses for us when Brady is playing)) if the Steelers & Patriots make the playoffs, I just hope both teams are at full-strenght. Right now, I just can't wait for the pre-season to get over with!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Steelcurtain, fans from other teams could learn alot from you (underdogg). No Welker, Faulk, MorrisAnd Eldeman did not play.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Very good game in the first half, Brady to Moss twice. Run defense was really good in the first half too, kinda dropped off when the starters came out which is to be expected. I just seen Chungs punt return lol, should already put this in the preseason win column.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Man I hate to see our players overcelebrating every meaningless tackle.  I wanted to punch Wilhite in his face when he high-stepped in from the 20.  They better not act like that in the regular season.  Our team has always carried itself with dignity.  We better not turn into one of those cocky young teams like San Diego.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Steelcurtain, fans from other teams could learn alot from you (underdogg). No Welker, Faulk, MorrisAnd Eldeman did not play.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

He's just settin' you up.  Kinda like belichick does.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

more shenanigans?Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

He's the best.

Sections
Shortcuts