pats/redskins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from willt65. Show willt65's posts

Re: pats/redskins

Overall, I wasn't impressed with the Pats performance. Their defense was barely adequate and sporadic at best. I didn't see the team establish the running game when the first team was in there - and Brady/Galloway look terrible - no communication.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: pats/redskins:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: pats/redskins : He wouldn't be shuffling in man-to-man.  You shuffle against the run or in zone.  You turn and run when the other guy turns and runs in man-to-man.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

If that was a Zone then the Safeties were stretched out too far.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: pats/redskins : He's just settin' you up.  Kinda like belichick does.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]
     Settin' them up for what? Another loss to the Pats in the playoffs! I was glad we won last year, but I know it would have been alot tougher if we would have had to face The Patriots with a healthy Tom Brady. To be honest, I was glad to see the Colts get knocked-out last year, because I don't think we would have fared to well against Peyton Manning either. I love the Steelers, but if Teams would throw against them more, I think the Steelers Defense becomes average at best. We don't have the type of Offense like the Colts or the Patriots, so we have to rely more on our defense then your team has to. If the game turns into a shoot-out, where Brady & Manning always seem to shine, in my opinion, The Colts & The Patriots will beat the Steelers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Overall, I wasn't impressed with the Pats performance. Their defense was barely adequate and sporadic at best. I didn't see the team establish the running game when the first team was in there - and Brady/Galloway look terrible - no communication.
    Posted by willt65[/QUOTE]

You watched a diffrent game than I did. The DL rushed the passer pretty well, the LBs played well, the secondary wasn't all that but it was ok for lack of a better word. If I had to grade the defense by corps I would say:

Defensive Line - B+
    Linebackers - B                                                                                        
    Secondary - C  

All around Defense - B- 

On the Offesesive side of the ball:

Brady - A+
    RBs - C+
    OL - A
    Moss - A+
    WRs - C     
    TEs - C 

All-Around Offense - B+ 

Team All-around - B

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: pats/redskins : You watched a diffrent game than I did. The DL rushed the passer pretty well, the LBs played well, the secondary wasn't all that but it was ok for lack of a better word. If I had to grade the defense by corps I would say: Defensive Line - B+ Linebackers - B                                                                                         Secondary - C   All around Defense - B-  On the Offesesive side of the ball: Brady - A+ RBs - C+ OL - A Moss - A+ WRs - C      TEs - C  All-Around Offense - B+  Team All-around - B
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

RBs and DBs - D.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: pats/redskins : That didn't look like zone coverage to me. The backup LBs have been costing us all game. Bruschi's miss play and Lenon's jumping . 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Let's cut the guy some slack.... Bruschi look darn good for a 49 year old.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Steelcurtain, fans from other teams could learn alot from you (underdogg). No Welker, Faulk, MorrisAnd Eldeman did not play.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Steel Curtain I have always felt the same way about Steelers/Colts . When Ben tweaked his achilles a few days ago I hoped it wouldnt be serious. I would rather lose to the better team then coast through the playoffs because of key injuries. It makes for the best football.

With Welker not out there I think it showed a glaring hole in the offensive game plan. He is almost as important as Moss!