Pats release Banta-Cain!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Pats release Banta-Cain!!!

this doesnt make much sense!... Adalius Thomas was rumored to be out the door... but now with the release of banta-cain, leaves everyone scratching their head??

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/19/pats-bounce-banta-cain/

maybe a trade is in the works and they needed a roster spot? any ideas??

this is interesting!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

Re: Pats release Banta-Cain!!!

I was just looking for more info about this.  The only thing I can think of is that there is a trade in the works for a DE or OLB.  He was tired with Mike Wright for the most sacks on the team(even if it was only 3)  I am not sure anyone coming off the PUP list would replace him.  Crable is the only one at that position on the PUP list right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

In Response to Re: Pats release Banta-Cain!!!:
    [QUOTE]I was just looking for more info about this.  The only thing I can think of is that there is a trade in the works for a DE or OLB.  He was tired with Mike Wright for the most sacks on the team(even if it was only 3)  I am not sure anyone coming off the PUP list would replace him.  Crable is the only one at that position on the PUP list right?
    Posted by mikec645[/QUOTE]

i thought crable was on injured reserve again?

but i do agree that a trade might be in the works, thus releasing Banta-cain would free up a spot, maybe BB traded one of the 3 2nd round picks for an instant impact player!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Crable is IR....therefore out for the year.  Who knows.  Maybe he wa dogging it out there and they saw it on the film.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

Well was it Shefter that said the chargers should trade Merriman to the Pats for a 2nd rounder.  I just posted in the other thread maybe they are waiting till after tonights game to finalize it so the chargers get to use him vs a division opponent?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm lost.

It's either for Tate or a trade. No idea why they would cut a LB for a KR man, but hey, Belichick is a mad genius. I think he might just be mad, though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

trading for merriman would be useless....especially in this defense...if A.T. cant record any sacks on this D what makes you think merriman will?  he will just join the rest of the Lb in coverage.

***sorry guys but im a little upset with this move (if true)***

I have always liked TBC, I thought he always did a good job of getting to the qb since no one else is allowed to...

just crazy!!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dienasty. Show dienasty's posts

[QUOTE]I'm lost. It's either for Tate or a trade. No idea why they would cut a LB for a KR man, but hey, Belichick is a mad genius. I think he might just be mad, though.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    There has to be a trade in the works that they are about to announce. I felt that the Adalius benching was likely to protect him from an injury. I bet they trade him and maybe a pick and get two players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

trade for who?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dienasty. Show dienasty's posts

[QUOTE]trade for who?
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]
    I have no idea but its gotta be a OLB/DE. I just don't know why they would cut TBC and keep AD on the bench. I was suprised more people didnt think that AD might be a part of some trade. i just hope its not Merriman. I dont think hes that good anymore and he only has one year on his contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Two things

1. If they wanted a roster spot for tate, why would they do it right now?  If i'm correct once he comes off Pup they ahve a few weeks to activate him, either way it makes no sense to cut tbc now.
    2. If he were gunna be resigned, why the hell would they release him first?  Even if they agreed to an extension, or an entirely new deal, it couldn't be signed until after the year right? Releasing him doesn't seem to make any sense towards a new contract.

None of this makes any sense to me, the signs point towards a trade, but I can't see that happening either.  I'm lost...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]Two things 1. If they wanted a roster spot for tate, why would they do it right now?  If i'm correct once he comes off Pup they ahve a few weeks to activate him, either way it makes no sense to cut tbc now. 2. If he were gunna be resigned, why the hell would they release him first?  Even if they agreed to an extension, or an entirely new deal, it couldn't be signed until after the year right? Releasing him doesn't seem to make any sense towards a new contract. None of this makes any sense to me, the signs point towards a trade, but I can't see that happening either.  I'm lost...
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you in regards to not seeing a trade happen...we will NEVER know what BB is thinking....this guy makes the craziest moves in football...we release a 29y/o LB that is tied for the lead in sacks and pick up a 40y/o surfer....i like seau, i just dont understand....oh well....GO PATS!!!   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickelbean. Show nickelbean's posts

I think the TBC was the best pass rusher on the team.  Everybody is saying that he was released because of a trade.  durring the off season i read a hundred time that the pepperrs trade was as good as done.  Not a single person said that Seymore would be traded.  Nobody here has a clue what is going on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dienasty. Show dienasty's posts

Unless there is some cap maneuvering going on there absolutely has to be a trade. Cutting TBC doesn't make any sense. If we take it all at face value then BB is unhappy with an outside linebacker in AD. Cuts another OLB in TBC. We all see how ineffective Deriick Burgess and Pierre Woods are. OLB is our weakest position and he just cuts a guy that knows the system and has been decent and benches the best OLB we have. this doesn't make sense unless there is a trade. Too many coincidences.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

They also extended Sam Aikens contract... does that have anything to do with what might happen in the next several hours??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

I don't understand the move....He looks like the most aggresive linebacker we have on the outside....certainly more than Pierre Woods, and Derrick Burgess who seems like he is hiding in the weeds somewhere....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dienasty. Show dienasty's posts

[QUOTE]trading for merriman would be useless....especially in this defense...if A.T. cant record any sacks on this D what makes you think merriman will?  he will just join the rest of the Lb in coverage. ***sorry guys but im a little upset with this move (if true)*** I have always liked TBC, I thought he always did a good job of getting to the qb since no one else is allowed to... just crazy!!! 
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

It won't be for Merriman. He's active tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

rob ninkovich anyone?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

This is interesting considering that A. Thomas didn't play yesterday either. One might think that they didn't want to chance Thomas getting hurt and they wanted to clear a little more cash off the books. Stay tuned...I bet the Raiders number one and Thomas would be decent bait for a guy like Julius Peppers. Just throwing it out there. The patriots have a history of shocking us with their personnel moves.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

The good thing is it only took BB 6 games into the 2009 season to realize what most of us known for a few years now.  A successful Defense needs a productive pass rush.
    Something we have been missing since the Super Bowl years and something you don't piece meal with Undrafted Free Agents.

Hopefully something big is in the works.  I would love to see Peppers in a Patriot uniform.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Does the signing of aiken free up any cap space....it seems they are either in need of roster spot, or cap space, or both...I could see 2 for 1 with AD, or Thommas and Galloway or something, and need cap space until trade goes down...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

No question TBC has been a player for us. Lets step back and take a cill for a few days. Deadline is tomorrow at 4PM. Gotta believe with Thomas and TBC looking like they are on the way out there has to be something going on we dont see yet.

Tomorrow ww will be saying, what a great move that was....or what the kraazznak was that stuff!!!!!!! Either way, I thin is deserve having all the facts before we jump off the bridge..

"For me and my family we will trust the Lord"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Is it me or does anyone else think LT is the biggest baby in the league

Watching MNF and he did not get to run it in on 3rd down. "Something I doubt he could have done. He has those happy feet lately where he dances verses make the HIT!"

Denver runs the lick off back for a touchdown and LT is on the sidelines looking like a mad little kid because he feels he could have made a difference. That look he has where he is making sure we know the blame is on the team. I would have cut his loser over the hill butte two years ago.

He sits out teh big games hurt hwne his QB plays with a bumb leg, he walks away from his QB when he get a pick. What a baby

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]The good thing is it only took BB 6 games into the 2009 season to realize what most of us known for a few years now.  A successful Defense needs a productive pass rush. Something we have been missing since the Super Bowl years and something you don't piece meal with Undrafted Free Agents. Hopefully something big is in the works.  I would love to see Peppers in a Patriot uniform.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Really?  Most of us knew something BB didn't?  Why would Kraft hire a coach who knows less than a bunch of guys on an internet message board?  Maybe we need a new owner.

Sections
Shortcuts