Pats release Banta-Cain!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

Re: Pats release Banta-Cain!!!

Honestly, I don't know where people are coming from that TBC is a good workhorse for us. Is anyone watching the games actually? He consistently gets pushed back, and overpowered by O lineman and TE's as he is undersized and not very strong, not to mention he has been out of position on countless downs that I have watched. Unless he is left unblocked with a beeline to the QB or RB he is pretty much a dud player. I have never been impressed with him at all. We may be thin at OLB, but keeping him on the squad makes no sense. Glad to see the cut personally.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Wow, TBC deserves three!!! exclamation points. I assume that's one for every play he's made this year?

I'd rather ask Crazy Al for Richard Seymour back than pay Peppers $16 million.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

In Response to Pats release Banta-Cain!!!:
    [QUOTE]this doesnt make much sense!... Adalius Thomas was rumored to be out the door... but now with the release of banta-cain, leaves everyone scratching their head?? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/19/pats-bounce-banta-cain/ maybe a trade is in the works and they needed a roster spot? any ideas?? this is interesting!!!
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

FIRST

W T F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been a big fan of his and was pissed the first time he left. 

Now,

how bout 

peppers?

suggs for adalius, galloway and maybe dp

how bout

branch and dp (i dunno about this one though, what would the pats do with the freakin large salary)

SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY BREWING

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Ray Lewis is coming to the Pats !

I have no idea if Ray-Ray is coming to NE. I totally made it up. Easy, folks....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Or how about this.. maybe he's making roster space to sign or trade for an offensive lineman.  That's a spot where he might see them lacking depth in with Light out for a while; Vollmer looked good on a sheet of ice, but not sure how he'll look against a real team on normal surfaces. 

Or he could just be getting rid of it for some cap space to resign Wilfork.  I doubt he trades for anyone, probably just going to sign somebody and let us all sit back and say "huh? what?" like he does.. then he goes out and wins, like he always does after he does that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Can't imagine cap-space being an issue with TB-C only making 620K per.
    The Panthers just signed a D-Lineman, though. That may be worth reading in to....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Pats release Banta-Cain!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats release Banta-Cain!!! : What would be a good term for a person who uses sarcasm to try to put down another poster who is obviously using sarcasms?  How about mightyazzwhole
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize you were being sarcstic, but in that case I can't figure out the point of your original post - what was it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I like banta cain

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]Can't imagine cap-space being an issue with TB-C only making 620K per. The Panthers just signed a D-Lineman, though. That may be worth reading in to....
    Posted by Hog73[/QUOTE]

Well, considering they've lost 2 or 3 to IR already this year it's not surprising that they'd sign another one. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSports10. Show BostonSports10's posts

They are making room for Brandon Tate and LeVoir to come off the Pup List. Please stop thinking the Pats are gonna make room for Julius Peppers...morons.  He's got a 16million cap number, there aren't enough Tully's to cut to create the space.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]They are making room for Brandon Tate and LeVoir to come off the Pup List. Please stop thinking the Pats are gonna make room for Julius Peppers...morons.  He's got a 16million cap number, there aren't enough Tully's to cut to create the space.
    Posted by BostonSports10[/QUOTE]

+1.  Finally somebody who isn't going crazy about Peppers or anyone like that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

morons..... 

I agree as far as a peppers OBSESSION goes BUT

trade galloway and ad to the ravens 
    plus seymour went to raiders

there is your cap room for peppers 

maybe have to tweak a few other places but it is possible 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N420. Show R3S1N420's posts

they may not get julius peppers, but i think the'll make a move to get there pass rush going.. if i woke up tomorrow and found out we got julius peppers it just might feel like an early christmas!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Actually, Peppers is about 10mil now.

And a sign and trade could bring that down.

Then jettisoning AT would clear up more space. And there is still about $3mil left over from letting Sey go.

Granted, it won't happen.

But the numbers could work if they lost Adalius.

However, after playing most of the last game in 34 defense, I wonder why they would take more steps toward 43?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

something is brewing 

you dont dump your leading pass rusher for nothing 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

and all the better when the pats do play a 4-3 

peppers specialty

BC n.e plays a 3-4 from time to time that will also allow peppers to adjust

REALLY.... I AM THE LAST PERSON THAT HAS BEEN OBSESSED WITH PEPPERS BUT

I THINK AD IS OUT

AND PEPPERS IS IN! 

dont you think its funny that peppers has beefed up his sack numbers as the trade deadline approaches?

yup

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]and all the better when the pats do play a 4-3  peppers specialty BC n.e plays a 3-4 from time to time that will also allow peppers to adjust REALLY.... I AM THE LAST PERSON THAT HAS BEEN OBSESSED WITH PEPPERS BUT I THINK AD IS OUT AND PEPPERS IS IN!  dont you think its funny that peppers has beefed up his sack numbers as the trade deadline approaches? yup
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]

Well, don't be bummed out when it doesn't happen because it won't.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]something is brewing  you dont dump your leading pass rusher for nothing 
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]

Aaron Kampman has been rumored to be on the block in GB.  More likely than Peppers to be dealt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N420. Show R3S1N420's posts

what makes you so sure of that jason??? it could always happen, wheather it's peppers or not idk, but something is up for sure, like ppl have said you dont realease your best pass rusher so far and not make a move to get a better one it just doesnt make sense..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

why is no one talking about Rob Ninkovich?  hes a young OLB/DE, and IMO has a ton of upside.  in the loss to denver he was in for 8 snaps recording a sack and a pass def.  in the titans game he was in for 14 snaps recording 6 tackles.  with some fine-tuning and some good coaching he could be legit in the future.  this move undoubtedly moves him one spot up the depth chart.  maybe im an idiot... but i doubt it haha

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats release Banta-Cain!!! : Aaron Kampman has been rumored to be on the block in GB.  More likely than Peppers to be dealt.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

actually

heck yes

I agree with and like that idea

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N420. Show R3S1N420's posts

i like that idea too but i dont like the idea of throwing a guy like ninkovich into the fire and relying on the guy to come up with sacks, i think its just too much for a guy like him, i would like to see us pick up a proven pass rushing commodity. for low to very high money cuz im feening to see the pats get after the QB like a racing wildfire it would add that much more confidence that this team has everything it needs to be champs this year. sry if rob ninkovich isnt good enough for me but i have to believe we can get a pass rusher for cheap, maybe leonard little. i know you guys might hate me that i want a guy who kills ppl while drunk driving, but i think the guy could really start  getting  after the QB again, with a change of scenery(anything has to be better than STL). Feel free to tell me im crazy but i want to see the patriots get after the quarterback like they did in there championship years, i think we all would!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

im not saying rob will step in and be the end-all be-all pass rusher, but i just have this feeling that he will get better and better over time.  as we all know, its a process for all players.  just a prediction.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N420. Show R3S1N420's posts

i def like what your saying the guy could be very reliable, im just saying (and i think you know this) i would just like to see them get someone to throw in there to just purely rush the passer, while ninkovich is getting better thats all..

Sections
Shortcuts