Pats release Banta-Cain!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Re: Pats release Banta-Cain!!!

def. we're on the same page.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

The new reports are saying TBC will be back very soon, it had something to do with roster shuffling, he was quoted in a radio interview.  No big trade, no stupid player release.  Not bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Mike Reiss seemed to think something was up

We'll see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I get tired of saying in BB we trust especially when a move like this comes out of left field"

I told everyone here not to buy Tully Banta Cain underoos but no one listened to me. Shall we wait and judge this move a bit later on, or should we judge it before we see how it plays out?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

MYSTERY SOLVED :

Galloway is gone...Terrence Nunn to be activated ...

TBC slated to return...

PLUS one other move...

STEPHEN JACKSON & Leonard Little aquired for AD plus picks !

(I wish )

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

the news flash on 98.5.... said ..."he could return to the team"

with aikens extension (freeing up some money???) and tully being released they could be setting themselves up for a trade.... then restructuring the deal of that player... then bring tully back into the fold????

will be interesting

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattym. Show mattym's posts

Is Tully having trouble getting a work visa in the UK?  Perhaps because of some long ago transgression against the law.  Folks like Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg have been previously denied entry. 

If so, maybe BB decided to cut him and pick him up again next week to work one of the PUP guys in...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregRod87. Show GregRod87's posts

I hope they bring him back and its just part of a manuevering type deal.

TBC fits into this defense in a really good way. He is always around the ball. I never understood why they let him go to San Fran...

Whatever is goin on....I think we will all be stunned by this afternoon....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stay-Pro. Show Stay-Pro's posts

In Response to Re: Pats release Banta-Cain!!!:
    [QUOTE]Is Tully having trouble getting a work visa in the UK? ...
    Posted by mattym[/QUOTE]

hmmm ... That's one I hadn't considered. Interesting thought, matty

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Well earlier comments had Terdel's locker still in place, so maybe they drop TBC to resign Terdell?

It make no sense from a cap point of view as he is a vet and garanteed his money. Also makes no sense on PuP guys coming back as they have 21 days before being activated to the roster.

It also makes no sense on a trade if the pats grab someone as they could have dropped him then.

It could be some infraction coming down from the league (teams normally get a heads up)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I bet Belichick is laughing his azz off at us. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Tis the season  so I'm guessing the Hoodie's just gotta have something a brewin  in the pot.....Surprised

GO PATS

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It MUST be something like this.  TBC was doing good, or so I thought.  But the D can't get off the field on 3rd and long, and with Miami coming up, we better get that run D fixed too.  Oh, well.  Today at 4 we will see.  Sure is alot of stuff being done suddenly, in a short week at that, to have it be just for nothing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

All,

It looks like TBC is not going anywhere - according to several online posts - including TBC's interview to sirius, Patriots plan to bring him back!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Man we sure did git our panties all balled up over nothing, nada, zippo....
    Tully back on the team....we can go on though

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Pats release Banta-Cain!!!:
    [QUOTE]this doesnt make much sense!... Adalius Thomas was rumored to be out the door... but now with the release of banta-cain, leaves everyone scratching their head?? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/19/pats-bounce-banta-cain/ maybe a trade is in the works and they needed a roster spot? any ideas?? this is interesting!!!
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

First: 1/7/2007
    Last: 10/20/2009

There was a way to make sure Banta-Cain and Alexander were not exposed to waivers and picked up by another team.....we all good again..all is well

From Boston.Com

The benefit belongs to the team. In both cases, Banta-Cain and Alexander had cap charges that were only equal to the minimum salary of a player with two credited seasons prior to 2009, which is $460,000.

By extending both players their cap charges will actually go up. The same goes for wide receiver Sam Aiken, who signed a two-year contract extension on Monday. Aiken's base salary for 2009 went up from $645,000 to $1.16 million.

The reason for releasing Banta-Cain and Alexander within the last 24 hours is that once the NFL's trading deadline, which is today at 4 p.m, passes, all released players are subject to waivers until Feb. 1.

Up until the deadline, players with four or more seasons of service are not subject to the waiver system.

So, the Patriots had to release Banta-Cain and Alexander if they wanted to sign them to new deals, but wanted to do so without exposing them to waivers, where another team could claim them.

It's actually a very shrewd move.

Sections
Shortcuts