Pats rolling the dice?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Pats rolling the dice?

Don't get me wrong Brady is Birdesque-but if the Man goes down in the next 2 years Pats are screwed because what I read is his Contract is pretty much guarenteed thru 2017? Which means dead Cap space-IF he goes down and if it's career threatening the Pats are gonna be in Cap hel--Stay healthy Tom.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Pats rolling the dice?

I would have to think there is a injury stipulation in there somewhere... If he's healthy... he's playing.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

there are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL. If Brady was cut today the Pats are only on the hook for signing bonus.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Rusty 1, Phatty 0. Go away Phatty nobody wants you here! Doesn't your pathetic team have a forum somewhere where you can commiserate with your fellow losers? Or go watch the Youtube video of butt fumble over and over again!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

there are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL. If Brady was cut today the Pats are only on the hook for signing bonus.

That's not what this piece would seem to suggest:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/02/source_tom_brady_signs_three_year_contract_extension

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Actually, while standard contracts are not guaranteed, teams have the option to guarantee for "skill and injury," which basically means your base is guaranteed unless you fail to show up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

10, 15, or 20 mil a year for TB? For a working stiff like me, it's all crazy, stupid money

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Actually, while standard contracts are not guaranteed, teams have the option to guarantee for "skill and injury," which basically means your base is guaranteed unless you fail to show up.

You are correct sir, but also in the case of Holmes if the team guarantees the money and the player is cut and resigns with another team the original team is only charged the difference between what was guaranteed and the new contract I believe