Pats Roster Projection After Week 1 of Preseason...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Pats Roster Projection After Week 1 of Preseason...

QB:  (3)  Brady, Mallett, Garoppolo

Yeah, I know that Mallett sucked tonight, but he isn't going anywhere.  He will sign somewhere else in 2015 as a FA.

RB:  (3)  Ridley, Vereen, White

I don't think Bolden makes it this year.  It just seems like he is having a tough camp, and I think he is replaceable.  I'd love to add Finch, but after tonight's game, I don't think he gets in.  Too many ball security issues.  Houston doesn't look like much, either.  Another RB could still be added.

FB/H-Back:  (1)  Delvin

Delvin is one of my favorite stories on this team.  Talk about working your way into a career.  This guy was a complete after-thought a couple years ago.  Now he is becoming a pretty important player for our offense.  He blocks well, catches it well, and runs tough.  He may end up being a 3rd TE and also get a lot of short yardage carries.

WR:  (6)  Edelman, Amendola, Thompkins, LaFell, Boyce, Tyms

I want to believe Dobson will be back and healthy soon, but I have some doubts.  Foot injuries are tricky.  In this projection I'm going to say that they place him on the PUP list for the first 6 weeks.  Let that foot heal.  That might be the smart move.  Even without Dobson, I still like this set of WRs.  LaFell seems to be coming on.  It is dangerous to get too high on a WR based on a great preseason game, but I think Tyms looks the part.  I'm interested to see if he can build on this game.

TE:  (3)  Gronk, Hooman, Jones

I know Jones is a long shot.  I also know that he has struggled at times.  But I can't ignore his physical presence.  We were poor in the Red Zone last year.  Having Gronk back will greatly help that, but why not keep another 6'8"  TE around to develop as well?  I think the Practice Squad would be the best place for Jones to develop, but I doubt that he would clear waivers.  I think BB suprises us and keeps Jones around.

OL:  (9)  Solder, Vollmer, Mankins, Connolly, Cannon, Stork, Kline, Fleming, Halapio

Not really any suprises here.  Many people feel like Wendell is getting cut, and I agree.  I think that Connolly starts the year as our starting Center, and Stork may take over at some point.  I still like Cave as a developmental prospect, but he is probably a practice squad candidate.

DT:  (5)  Wilfork, Easley, Siliga, Kelly, Chris Jones

Again, not any suprises here.  I know that Siliga hurt his hand, but I bet he will be back by the first week or 2 of the regular season.  We'll have to keep an eye on Jones' injury, but as long as he isn't hurt too bad, I think he is in.

DE:  (4)  Chandler Jones, Ninkovich, Buchanan, Moore

I like this group.  Moore is a guy who they might like better on the P.S., but he probably wouldn't clear waivers.  I think he will make the team.  Watch Will Smith.  I think that he could be a surprise cut if he doesn't step up.  He could get caught in a numbers game if the young guys play well.

LB:  (5)  Mayo, Collins, Hightower, Anderson, Fleming

Fleming is the surprise player here.  He has really flown under the radar so far, but I think he has a chance.  Coming off of an injury last season, I think he has started out a little slow, but I also think he will pick it up as the preseason progresses.  I think that White could make it in his place, but I think Fleming has more athleticism and upside.  Both guys can be ST contributers.  I thought Beauharnis looked slow tonight.  He just isn't that athletic.  I think he will get cut.

CB:  (5)  Revis, Ryan, Arrington, Dennard, Butler

Browner will be back after Week 4.  In the mean time, it will give BB a chance to see what Butler can do.  He looked like he belonged tonight.  It will be fun to watch him going forward.  If he slips up, Swanson could sneak in there, too.

S:  (5)  DMC, Harmon, Thomas, Ebner, Wilson

It will be interesting to see how our Safety situation developes.  I want to count Ebner out every year, but BB seems to love his ST play.  He will probably stick again.  If Jemea Thomas returns in the next week or 2, he will stick.  Otherwise he will probably go to IR.  It sounds like both Chung and Wilson have gotten chances to play with the starters in camp, and both guys have been OK.  For now I'll go with Wilson.  Pretty much a coin-flip there.

ST:  (4)  Ghost, Allen, Aiken, Slater

No surprises here.

PUP:  Dobson

IR:  Gaffney

P.S.   Finch, Swanson, Van Hoosier, Cave, Devey, Manumaleuna, Skinner, Gordon  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: Pats Roster Projection After Week 1 of Preseason...

If Garapolo continues to play like he did tonite, what do we gain by keeping Mallet?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

If Garapolo continues to play like he did tonite, what do we gain by keeping Mallet?

We'll keep Mallet.  Jimmy looked really good tonight, but he is still a rookie with a long way to go.  I think BB will just keep all 3 this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

See I thought Will Smith played pretty well last night...certainly more physical than any of our other ends. And I think that's a real value to Belichick.

i agree on Delvin, he showed a little something catching the ball last year and he made a nice catch last night, if he can continue to do that I think he has a chance, because we all know he is physical and can run and block.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You don't have Smith making the team? I also can't see BB cutting Slater.

Imo Tyms has a shot if he can replicate his performance in the next couple games but it will come at the expense of either LaFell or Thompkins. Maybe they carry 7 WR's but I can't see it. They really need a kick returner and someone is going to step up. Not to mention Butler made a ton of noise last night. They might opt for the extra DB instead. 

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

You don't have Smith making the team? I also can't see BB cutting Slater.

Imo Tyms has a shot if he can replicate his performance in the next couple games but it will come at the expense of either LaFell or Thompkins. Maybe they carry 7 WR's but I can't see it. They really need a kick returner and someone is going to step up. Not to mention Butler made a ton of noise last night. They might opt for the extra DB instead. 

I have Slater making it.  He is just listed under ST.  I guess I haven't heard Smith's name much.  It will come down to how much he has left in the tank.  I'm rooting for him, but you can't keep everyone...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

We'll keep Mallet.  Jimmy looked really good tonight, but he is still a rookie with a long way to go.  I think BB will just keep all 3 this year.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not sure about that. Mallett looked awful again. Garp earned himself some reps against 2nd teamers and if he looks good in the next couple games rookie or not he looked much more natural in the pocket than Mallett does. Years alone doesn't make a good player, sometimes players just fit on the field or don't and if Brady goes down and Mallett doesn't is it worth the extra spot just to have a 4yr player goe down with the ship vs a rook?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I have Slater making it.  He is just listed under ST.  I guess I haven't heard Smith's name much.  It will come down to how much he has left in the tank.  I'm rooting for him, but you can't keep everyone...

[object HTMLDivElement]

Oh missed Slater, my bad. BB kept a lot of the older vets out to reduce wear and tear so no surprise you don't hear much about Smith at this point. But given Buchanan and Bequette at this point even a 90% Smith is better than either of them right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not sure about that. Mallett looked awful again. Garp earned himself some reps against 2nd teamers and if he looks good in the next couple games rookie or not he looked much more natural in the pocket than Mallett does. Years alone doesn't make a good player, sometimes players just fit on the field or don't and if Brady goes down and Mallett doesn't is it worth the extra spot just to have a 4yr player goe down with the ship vs a rook?

Maybe you're right.  It's hard for me to foresee them cutting Mallet, but if him and Jimmy both keep playing the way they did last night, maybe they would.  I'm still sticking with them carrying all 3.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Here's what I got:

QB: (2) Brady, Garoppolo

If Garp shows the same comfort level and touch in the next couples games against other teams #2's and Mallett is well Mallett I can't see BB using up a valuable roster spot on another QB. Lets face it, if Brady goes down so does the season. Mallett is clearly not the answer after 4 years so why use up the spot at all? Chances are we won't get any comp pick worth of note for Mallett so if Garp is the heir apparent give him the board and give him as many reps as possible to work on those mechanics. 

RB: (4) Ridley, Vereen, White, Finch/Houston

I don't think Bolden makes it either but I have a sneaking suspicion the first player to show they can help in the return game will earn a spot. Hence why I have Houston or Finch penciled in for that role but that could easily change in the next couple weeks

FB/H-Back: (1) Delvin

Agreed

WR: (6) Edelman, Amendola, Thompkins, LaFell, Boyce, Slater

Tyms has the 4 game suspension. He's a bit of a long shot but if he continues his play from yesterday I could see in week 5 Thompkins or LaFell having to make a case to stay on the roster vs Tyms. Of course we'll have to see how Tyms does against better competition. He's earn that shot at least.

TE: (3) Gronk, Hooman, Jones

Like Wazz I just can't let Jones hit waivers. If Gronk didn't have a history of not being on the field I'd be comfortable with 2 TE's but since he does I really want to see them carry 3 guys here.

OL: (9) Solder, Vollmer, Mankins, Connolly, Cannon, Stork, Kline, Fleming, Halapio

Stork, Fleming, and Halapio are all draft picks, they really like Kline, and the rest are carry over starters. Makes sense.

DT: (5) Wilfork, Easley, Siliga, Kelly, Chris Jones

Looks about right unless Siliga is going to miss significant time.

DE: (5) Chandler Jones, Ninkovich, Buchanan, Moore, Smith

Buchanan needs to improve but I think BB gives him a shot, at least until week 5 when Browner gets back

LB: (6) Mayo, Collins, Hightower, Anderson, White, Beauharnais

Anderson didn't look great but think he can improve. White is your STer and got the most reps from the backups last year. It's a 2fer for BB. Beauharnais I just can't see BB cutting him this year but he'll be on the list to be cut when Browner gets back

CB: (5) Revis, Ryan, Arrington, Dennard, Butler

Makes sense if Butler can continue to play well.

S: (4) DMC, Harmon, Chung, Wilson

Chung looked ok last night and it's clear they want to give him a good look. If he continues with his in the box support role I think he sneaks on to the roster. Ebner though, just hasn't shown enough and there are better ST options. He has to do a lot to keep his spot in the next 3 weeks

ST: (3) Ghost, Allen, Aiken

PUP: Dobson

After last nights game that's how I see it but it can change over the next couple weeks of course. No real shocks I guess other than Wendell and Mallett not making it. I have Butler, Beauharnais, Buchanan, LaFell, Thompkins, Finch/Houston, and Jones as possible cuts week 5 for at least 1 spot (Browner), maybe 2 (Tyms) depending on how the rest of the preseason looks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

sometime during the remaining preseason games, I think we see Mallett at QB with the first-teamers going toe-to-toe with the opponent's starting defensive eleven ... if he excels, he sticks - if not, BB doesn't waste a roster spot on him because he admits that without Brady there can be no Super Bowl, so the rookie back-up is just fine and developing another promising positional player is the better choice

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Here's what I got:

QB: (2) Brady, Garoppolo

If Garp shows the same comfort level and touch in the next couples games against other teams #2's and Mallett is well Mallett I can't see BB using up a valuable roster spot on another QB. Lets face it, if Brady goes down so does the season. Mallett is clearly not the answer after 4 years so why use up the spot at all? Chances are we won't get any comp pick worth of note for Mallett so if Garp is the heir apparent give him the board and give him as many reps as possible to work on those mechanics. 

RB: (4) Ridley, Vereen, White, Finch/Houston

I don't think Bolden makes it either but I have a sneaking suspicion the first player to show they can help in the return game will earn a spot. Hence why I have Houston or Finch penciled in for that role but that could easily change in the next couple weeks

FB/H-Back: (1) Delvin

Agreed

WR: (6) Edelman, Amendola, Thompkins, LaFell, Boyce, Slater

Tyms has the 4 game suspension. He's a bit of a long shot but if he continues his play from yesterday I could see in week 5 Thompkins or LaFell having to make a case to stay on the roster vs Tyms. Of course we'll have to see how Tyms does against better competition. He's earn that shot at least.

Like Wazz I just can't let Jones hit waivers. If Gronk didn't have a history of not being on the field I'd be comfortable with 2 TE's but since he does I really want to see them carry 3 guys here.

OL: (9) Solder, Vollmer, Mankins, Connolly, Cannon, Stork, Kline, Fleming, Halapio

Stork, Fleming, and Halapio are all draft picks, they really like Kline, and the rest are carry over starters. Makes sense.

Looks about right unless Siliga is going to miss significant time.

DE: (5) Chandler Jones, Ninkovich, Buchanan, Moore, Smith

Buchanan needs to improve but I think BB gives him a shot, at least until week 5 when Browner gets back

Anderson didn't look great but think he can improve. White is your STer and got the most reps from the backups last year. It's a 2fer for BB. Beauharnais I just can't see BB cutting him this year but he'll be on the list to be cut when Browner gets back

Makes sense if Butler can continue to play well.

Chung looked ok last night and it's clear they want to give him a good look. If he continues with his in the box support role I think he sneaks on to the roster. Ebner though, just hasn't shown enough and there are better ST options. He has to do a lot to keep his spot in the next 3 weeks

PUP: Dobson

After last nights game that's how I see it but it can change over the next couple weeks of course. No real shocks I guess other than Wendell and Mallett not making it. I have Butler, Beauharnais, Buchanan, LaFell, Thompkins, Finch/Houston, and Jones as possible cuts week 5 for at least 1 spot (Browner), maybe 2 (Tyms) depending on how the rest of the preseason looks.

Good job.  Seems like we are pretty close.  Yeah, Finch had a tough time yesterday, but there is still time for him to earn a spot.  Should be intersting going forward.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

QB:  (3)  Brady, Mallett, Garoppolo

Yeah, I know that Mallett sucked tonight, but he isn't going anywhere.  He will sign somewhere else in 2015 as a FA.

RB:  (3)  Ridley, Vereen, White

I don't think Bolden makes it this year.  It just seems like he is having a tough camp, and I think he is replaceable.  I'd love to add Finch, but after tonight's game, I don't think he gets in.  Too many ball security issues.  Houston doesn't look like much, either.  Another RB could still be added.

FB/H-Back:  (1)  Delvin

Delvin is one of my favorite stories on this team.  Talk about working your way into a career.  This guy was a complete after-thought a couple years ago.  Now he is becoming a pretty important player for our offense.  He blocks well, catches it well, and runs tough.  He may end up being a 3rd TE and also get a lot of short yardage carries.

WR:  (6)  Edelman, Amendola, Thompkins, LaFell, Boyce, Tyms

I want to believe Dobson will be back and healthy soon, but I have some doubts.  Foot injuries are tricky.  In this projection I'm going to say that they place him on the PUP list for the first 6 weeks.  Let that foot heal.  That might be the smart move.  Even without Dobson, I still like this set of WRs.  LaFell seems to be coming on.  It is dangerous to get too high on a WR based on a great preseason game, but I think Tyms looks the part.  I'm interested to see if he can build on this game.

TE:  (3)  Gronk, Hooman, Jones

I know Jones is a long shot.  I also know that he has struggled at times.  But I can't ignore his physical presence.  We were poor in the Red Zone last year.  Having Gronk back will greatly help that, but why not keep another 6'8"  TE around to develop as well?  I think the Practice Squad would be the best place for Jones to develop, but I doubt that he would clear waivers.  I think BB suprises us and keeps Jones around.

OL:  (9)  Solder, Vollmer, Mankins, Connolly, Cannon, Stork, Kline, Fleming, Halapio

Not really any suprises here.  Many people feel like Wendell is getting cut, and I agree.  I think that Connolly starts the year as our starting Center, and Stork may take over at some point.  I still like Cave as a developmental prospect, but he is probably a practice squad candidate.

DT:  (5)  Wilfork, Easley, Siliga, Kelly, Chris Jones

Again, not any suprises here.  I know that Siliga hurt his hand, but I bet he will be back by the first week or 2 of the regular season.  We'll have to keep an eye on Jones' injury, but as long as he isn't hurt too bad, I think he is in.

DE:  (4)  Chandler Jones, Ninkovich, Buchanan, Moore

I like this group.  Moore is a guy who they might like better on the P.S., but he probably wouldn't clear waivers.  I think he will make the team.  Watch Will Smith.  I think that he could be a surprise cut if he doesn't step up.  He could get caught in a numbers game if the young guys play well.

Fleming is the surprise player here.  He has really flown under the radar so far, but I think he has a chance.  Coming off of an injury last season, I think he has started out a little slow, but I also think he will pick it up as the preseason progresses.  I think that White could make it in his place, but I think Fleming has more athleticism and upside.  Both guys can be ST contributers.  I thought Beauharnis looked slow tonight.  He just isn't that athletic.  I think he will get cut.

CB:  (5)  Revis, Ryan, Arrington, Dennard, Butler

Browner will be back after Week 4.  In the mean time, it will give BB a chance to see what Butler can do.  He looked like he belonged tonight.  It will be fun to watch him going forward.  If he slips up, Swanson could sneak in there, too.

S:  (5)  DMC, Harmon, Thomas, Ebner, Wilson

It will be interesting to see how our Safety situation developes.  I want to count Ebner out every year, but BB seems to love his ST play.  He will probably stick again.  If Jemea Thomas returns in the next week or 2, he will stick.  Otherwise he will probably go to IR.  It sounds like both Chung and Wilson have gotten chances to play with the starters in camp, and both guys have been OK.  For now I'll go with Wilson.  Pretty much a coin-flip there.

ST:  (4)  Ghost, Allen, Aiken, Slater

No surprises here.

PUP:  Dobson

IR:  Gaffney

P.S.   Finch, Swanson, Van Hoosier, Cave, Devey, Manumaleuna, Skinner, Gordon  

This is a pretty good guess. I am in agreement about most guys and I also share the concern w/Dobson and have him on PUP for 1st 6 weeks.

I disagree about J.Thomas. I liked the coming out but No One has made the team without playing in training camp so he better get out there quick. I like his skillset but without playing, cant see how you have him over Wilson or Chung.

Also dont think there is no way they keep only 3 backs. Houston was meh but Jonas Gray, Finch have a chance to make it or they pick up a f/a last minute. 3 is too thin.

Even w/Dobson going to PUP I have to see more of Tyms before I say he is gonna make it. Something to watch for though.

I would replace Gordon and Manuelama with O lineman and a DB on P/S. I think if Finch makes it, he is on 53 man roster. He fumbled twice and BB still kept him in so he must like him. He may be our KR if Boyce doesnt show well there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Maybe you're right.  It's hard for me to foresee them cutting Mallet, but if him and Jimmy both keep playing the way they did last night, maybe they would.  I'm still sticking with them carrying all 3.  

I'm thinking they will keep 3 QBs, however, there are 3 more pre-season games to see their progress and play against starters from other teams - So, if Mallett continues to choke and Jimmy G. continues to shine - I would think that BB would cut Mallett to give him a chance elsewhere - and open a spot somewhere else in a place of need (i.e., TE, DBs, OL, DL, or even WR).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Are you sure you didn't have Anderson and Beauharnis mixed up?  Anderson looked absolutely lost out there last night.  He looked like a FA rookie last night.  Maybe he had an off night but he looked terrible.  He looked small, he was getting pushed around, he totally over perused a few times and he can't cover in the passing game, He looked lost.  I don't think he makes the team.

In the early preseason I like to think BB uses the ol Chuck Daly USA Dream Team approach.  You know, where Daly kept Jordan out most the game and created mismatches so the NCAA All-Stars would beat the Dream Team to show them they can be beat and embarrassed.   That's what I like to think anyway.  However, this team has bigger problems then I think we all thought.  There really isn't a lot of quality depth on this team.  I'm not feeling good about a lot of positions after last night.  Yeah, it's only game 1 of early preseason but I expect a lot more then I saw last night.

The Oline looked bad last night.

RB: (3) Ridley, Vereen, White

WR: (6) Edelman, Amendola, Thompkins, LaFell, Boyce, Tyms

I do not like the RB situation.  If Ridley ends up in the doghouse due to fumbles or Vereen gets injured then that is one weak RB situation.  I would have liked to have kept Blount.  For sure they need to add someone if they don't keep Boulden.  And just a body isn't going to do, they need to land a gem here.

Do not like the TE situation.  If Gronk goes down, it's trouble. Big trouble.

WR's, man... that is just not a very intimidating group of WR's especially with Dobson's situation.  Once again it's going to take TFB working his magic with this offense.  BB really has not done him any favors.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

QB: (3) Brady, Mallett, Garoppolo

RB: (3) Ridley, Vereen, White

FB/H-Back: (1) Develin

WR: (7) Edelman, Amendola, Thompkins, LaFell, Dobson, Boyce, Slater

TE: (2) Gronk, Hooman

DE: (4) Chandler Jones, Ninkovich, Smith, Moore

Some notes.  I wouldn't be surprised if they keep Dobson off the PUP just like they did with Gronk last season even if he isn't ready for week 1 (and he still could be).  I think Chung over Ebner is a no brainer because he is a much more viable player than Ebner at S and is still a capable ST'er.  I don't get the fascination with Justin Jones.  He can't block and is still really raw as a receiver.  I think Buchanan is done just because he is still making the same mistakes as last year.  Absolutely no gap integrity on rushing plays to his side.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Some notes.  I wouldn't be surprised if they keep Dobson off the PUP just like they did with Gronk last season even if he isn't ready for week 1 (and he still could be).  I think Chung over Ebner is a no brainer because he is a much more viable player than Ebner at S and is still a capable ST'er.  I don't get the fascination with Justin Jones.  He can't block and is still really raw as a receiver.  I think Buchanan is done just because he is still making the same mistakes as last year.  Absolutely no gap integrity on rushing plays to his side.

[object HTMLDivElement]

I can't speak for others but for me I don't think he clears waivers, I see a lot of potential I wouldn't want to lose with that size, and I don't trust Gronk will make it a full season so I don't want Hooman being the only option. I mean Jones isn't great but I think he could be as good as Mulligan by mid season and that's enough insurance for me to feel comfortable with the TE position if Gronk goes down again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

I can't speak for others but for me I don't think he clears waivers, I see a lot of potential I wouldn't want to lose with that size, and I don't trust Gronk will make it a full season so I don't want Hooman being the only option. I mean Jones isn't great but I think he could be as good as Mulligan by mid season and that's enough insurance for me to feel comfortable with the TE position if Gronk goes down again.

There is nothing special about Justin Jones as a football player right now.  However, there is something special about his size and athleticism.  He is a very raw football player at the moment, but I think he is worth keeping around and seeing what he can become.  If he has the desire to improve I think he can turn into one very good tight end.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Fair enough.  Not sure I agree though.  I just don't see teams rushing to give a TE that can't block and hasn't impressed as a receiver a 53 man roster spot.  He just smells like a PS guy to me.  Sudfeld was far more polished as a receiver and even he was on the bubble for most of camp.  But you could be right.  If he does make the team idk who I boot off.  Obviously the easy answer is Mallett, but I'm still not sold on him getting cut just yet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I agree about Jones but also dont see Z.Moore making it over Buchanan. Buchanan may look the same but he knows more than Moore and Moore looked even worse trying to set the edge and doesnt have enough agility and position flexibility as Buchanan who was used in coverage a lot same as CJ in camp this year. Moore is strictly a 4-3 DE right now and not a good one either. He is just a raw athlete at this stage. 2 year project IMO.

I am really Un Impressed with our DE depth a year after we had to play Nink/Jones 99% of snaps. These are the things I complain about w/BB. Not filling key positions with quality depth. Seattle went and got 2 pass rushers last offseason even though they were set there. BB relies on his top players too much. See Brady, Gronk, Fork, Wes, Seymour,etc. Its always the same story.

The good news is, I think BB has realized this too and thats why Hightower and Collins have played a lot of DE on passing downs.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

There is nothing special about Justin Jones as a football player right now.  However, there is something special about his size and athleticism.  He is a very raw football player at the moment, but I think he is worth keeping around and seeing what he can become.  If he has the desire to improve I think he can turn into one very good tight end.  

he has zero athleticism. did you see him trying to adjust to the ball he dropped?

he is big. he has nice hands. he cannot run routes, separate or read a defense. he will get TB killed with his route running and lack of blocking skills

Sections
Shortcuts