PATS / SAINTS GAME THREAD ANYONE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpporters. Show bpporters's posts

Re: PATS / SAINTS GAME THREAD ANYONE

hoyer has played well every time that he's been out there, including last year. he's calm under pressure, good field vision, accurate, and looks comfortable in the pocket. its clear why they cut occonnell last season and kept hoyer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Now that was a man's run. Theres no reason 39 cant do that a lot more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I agree, Wheatley is done.

Arrington will take his place. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What was that about Maroney? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Third stringers in = game over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

I was very impressed with Spikes in that half ( he did come out on 3rd and long but thats expected ). He filled the gaps against the run better than Mayo can and the comparison to Guyton last year can not even be made. He will be a huge addition this year to keeping teams passing on 3rd and long and alowing us to design plays with the correct personel on the field. Last year we faced many 3rd and short plays that become difficult to scheme against.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: PATS / SAINTS GAME THREAD ANYONE:
    [QUOTE]Third stringers in = game over.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

I still want to see how the defense looks.

Hoyer had some miss-throws on that last drive. Mesko with a nice boot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Who's 24 that looked really bad on that long pass.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

24 again

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mainevent1836. Show mainevent1836's posts

wow 8 tackles for spikes, he is everywhere tonight

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Our 3rd string DB's are god-awful.

Terrible tacklers, and terrible in coverage.

Brandon Spikes it still flying around and making plays - he looks like a man amongst boys out there right now.

But after:

Bodden
    Butler
    McCourty
    Chung
    Meriweather

our DB's are terrible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Man , Im so f'in excited that football is back. 9 routes , two gap blocking , nickel/dime schemes , LOL give it all to me. Seriously Ive been counting down the days and its here. Just think in one month we get to watch our team on route to the SB. We get to watch 12 throw bombs to 81 , we get to watch WW make his big comback and watch Edelman play out of his mind til then. We get to watch Spikes and Mayo become one of the top tandoms in the league. We get to watch Dev Mc show why he's a 1st round pick. And we get to watch another legand in BB work the sideline and show why hes still the best in the game. Bring it on Baby! GO PATS!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

LOL And we get to watch 24 get torched somemore!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Put Hoyer back in there. I can't stand watching this garbage.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

LUCKY

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

I hate to pat myself on the back , but Ive been talking Spikes up all year and are so happy we got him , a steal in the second. I thought that we needed as much help at ILB as any position on D. Im not sure any of us realize just how good a Mayo/Spikes inside tandom can be.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Wow, I did not know that Randall Cunningham is Sam Bam's brother.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

They should just aim the cameras on the Cheerleaders for the rest of the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

If we lose this game, I swear.....

I know it's just preseason and all, but our first team offense and defense played far too well to have some garbage players come in and lose it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpporters. Show bpporters's posts

[QUOTE]If we lose this game, I swear..... I know it's just preseason and all, but our first team offense and defense played far too well to have some garbage players come in and lose it.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

and if they were to lose the game espn and some of the others would be saying how the saints picked up right where they left off and how they handled the patriots, even though the first string outplayed them. either way it really doesn't matter, its just annoying how wrong the media gets it sometimes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I watched Spikes play at Florida. He can flat out play. People made a big deal about his horrible 40 time but the "lack of speed" is neglible in my opinion. the man can play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS / SAINTS GAME THREAD ANYONE : and if they were to lose the game espn and some of the others would be saying how the saints picked up right where they left off and how they handled the patriots, even though the first string outplayed them. either was it doesn't matter its just annoying how wrong the media gets it sometimes.
    Posted by bpporters[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but we all know that if the 1st stringers had stayed in there, the score would be much different right now.

The Patriots offense had it going on this Saints D, and the Patriots D was standing their ground and getting a few stops.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Why did we just pass the ball on 3rd and 1...?

Run it!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Yea I hear ya , but its pre-season and pre-season is about getting your first team on track , on the page. Trying Find/Fill holes that you had last year and see what you got in terms of rookies and some other players. Im very happy w/ what I saw from the 1st unit and think we'll have a top 5 team in the league once we put together this team. And I absolutely love the fact that we're under the rader , if thats possible , we did win the div. last year. The jokes back their way into the playoffs and get handed a spot and their hot chit. I think the 'Fins will finish w/ as good or better record and will be a better team in the future. I dont think for a second that the Pats arnt taking notice of what everyone is saying , including the jets and the fat man.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpporters. Show bpporters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS / SAINTS GAME THREAD ANYONE : Yeah, but we all know that if the 1st stringers had stayed in there, the score would be much different right now. The Patriots offense had it going on this Saints D, and the Patriots D was standing their ground and getting a few stops.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

yup, no doubt.. the first string looked good all around, especially the offense, and that was without welker either.

Sections
Shortcuts