PATS / SAINTS Scrimmage - 1st Hand Obervations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

PATS / SAINTS Scrimmage - 1st Hand Obervations

I was lucky enough to be able to attend today .

Couple two -three observations :

Replacement Refs workin' the scrimmage were spotty and BB let them know about it on more than a few occasions....LOUDLY .

Chandler Jones looks physically huge out there , but to be honest I didn't see anything that made me go WOW . His first step is quick ( especially for such a big guy ) but to me , Mark Anderson was noticeably quicker .

Kyle Love continues to improve ( and grow his belly )

Jerome Cunningham looked like... Jerome Cunningham ... unfortunately.
    ( saw Ron Brace giving him instruction on the sidelines...yah THAT Ron Brace )

Dowling didnt get hurt.

New safety Gregory looked to be in good position all day ( even snagged an INT )

Kyle Arrington put our Cbs penchant for being in position to make plays ( w/o actually makin them ) on display once again....Brees may have had something to do with it ( I heard he's a pretty good )

OFFENSIVELY :

For me , Brandon Lloyd was the most commanding wide-out of the day on both squads & when you factor in the Saints crew - that's saying something
    ( Saints rookie wr #14
    Tanner looks like he belongs) 

Welker looks not only quick - but fast
    ( easily gained separation on deeper routes ) 
    IMO ... Ladies and gentlemen this guy is worth every penny  , hustled on EVERY snap  - even when it was a running play the other way.
    PRO's PRO .

Not sure if Branch is hurtin' or what but he was invisible ... odd man out ?
    ( I hope not )

Ebert looked serviceable  , reminded me of Edelman when he was a rook .

Gaffney looked like it was 2007 again ... LOOK OUT !

I 'd heard good things about Stalworth but he appeared a step behind the whole day both with his wheels and head.
     Brady gave him a few "friendly" chats after a couple in-completions ...not unlike when Chad was here ( ut oh)
      Off day or Odd-man out candidate # 2 ? 

SLATOR caught his yearly ball .

Rook Rb Brandon Bolden has impressive bulk and looks like he's the real deal.

( Saints Rbs may end being leagues most versatile /  best  )

Hernandez = BEAST
    ( I dont play Fantasy Football  -but I suggest those that do bypass an early selection of Gronk and take #81 mid round )
      AH made a circus catch on 1 on 1 's that's one of the best catches I've ever seen.
      It was a 60 yard bomb down the left side that he hauled in with his outstretched left hand under tight coverage ( when Brady initially launched - it appeared that there was no way AH would even get a hand on it )
    MOSS-Esque !

WAYYY to much Bon Jovi blarin' on the loudspeakers to start practice ( remarked to my bro it was the worst thing about playing for BB )
      Later on Ms. Jersey showed up preenin' on the sideline ... he better be reincarnated as a frigginnn' monkey anuss in his next life or there's no God .

IMO  , despite the dire reports of the Pats O suckin' ...

I honestly saw this scrimmage in a mostly positive light .

HERES A FEW PIX I TOOK :

( NOTE : BDC badly clips em after download -so some are oddly cropped )

Pats starting receiving corp. ... Impressive.
     Bon Jovi (sideline-white shirt /jeans) + hunky boyfriend = Super Impressive

Belichick ...not a big zebra fan .
    Note : BB's kids to left and Cesario to right
    (All of which gave BB a wide birth when he got the ref up to speed on the NFL rulebook )

Qb in the pocket
    ( 6th rounder who's name escapes me )

Brandon Bolden follows Kettani thru a hole created by Nick McDonald and Edelman.

Kyle Love occupying space
     While a SD cast-off Qb surveys the field .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Re: PATS / SAINTS Scrimmage - 1st Hand Obervations

awesome - thanks for the post and the pics..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Cap, awesome post! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and especially the pics!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thanks Captnfoxboro, great report and pictures.

Read some great positives, especially about Welker but I didn't expect anything less, the dude is a true professional! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Great post, love the I formation with Bolden following Kettani and all the info, good job!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to PATS / SAINTS Scrimmage - 1st Hand Obervations:
        I was lucky enough to be able to attend today . Couple two -three observations : Replacement Refs workin' the scrimmage were spotty and BB let them know about it on more than a few occasions....LOUDLY . Chandler Jones looks physically huge out there , but to be honest I didn't see anything that made me go WOW . His first step is quick ( especially for such a big guy ) but to me , Mark Anderson was noticeably quicker . Kyle Love continues to improve ( and grow his belly )  Jerome Cunningham looked like... Jerome Cunningham ... unfortunately. ( saw Ron Brace giving him instruction on the sidelines...yah THAT Ron Brace )  Dowling didnt get hurt.  New safety Gregory looked to be in good position all day ( even snagged an INT )   Kyle Arrington put our Cbs penchant for being in position to make plays ( w/o actually makin them ) on display once again....Brees may have had something to do with it ( I heard he's a pretty good ) OFFENSIVELY : For me , Brandon Lloyd was the most commanding wide-out of the day on both squads & when you factor in the Saints crew - that's saying something ( Saints rookie wr #14 Tanner looks like he belongs)    Welker looks not only quick - but fast ( easily gained separation on deeper routes )  IMO ... Ladies and gentlemen this guy is worth every penny  , hustled on EVERY snap  - even when it was a running play the other way. PRO's PRO . Not sure if Branch is hurtin' or what but he was invisible ... odd man out ? ( I hope not ) Ebert looked serviceable  , reminded me of Edelman when he was a rook . Gaffney looked like it was 2007 again ... LOOK OUT !  I 'd heard good things about Stalworth but he appeared a step behind the whole day both with his wheels and head.  Brady gave him a few "friendly" chats after a couple in-completions ...not unlike when Chad was here ( ut oh)   Off day or Odd-man out candidate # 2 ?  SLATOR caught his yearly ball . Rook Rb Brandon Bolden has impressive bulk and looks like he's the real deal. ( Saints Rbs may end being leagues most versatile /  best  ) Hernandez = BEAST ( I dont play Fantasy Football  -but I suggest those that do bypass an early selection of Gronk and take #81 mid round )   AH made a circus catch on 1 on 1 's that's one of the best catches I've ever seen.   It was a 60 yard bomb down the left side that he hauled in with his outstretched left hand under tight coverage ( when Brady initially launched - it appeared that there was no way AH would even get a hand on it ) MOSS-Esque !  WAYYY to much Bon Jovi blarin' on the loudspeakers to start practice ( remarked to my bro it was the worst thing about playing for BB )   Later on Ms. Jersey showed up preenin' on the sideline ... he better be reincarnated as a frigginnn' monkey anuss in his next life or there's no God .  IMO  , despite the dire reports of the Pats O suckin' ...  I honestly saw this scrimmage in a mostly positive light . HERES A FEW PIX I TOOK : ( NOTE : BDC badly clips em after download -so some are oddly cropped )   Pats starting receiving corp. ... Impressive.  Bon Jovi (sideline-white shirt /jeans) + hunky boyfriend = Super Impressive Belichick ...not a big zebra fan . Note : BB's kids to left and Cesario to right (All of which gave BB a wide birth when he got the ref up to speed on the NFL rulebook )  Qb in the pocket ( 6th rounder who's name escapes me )   Brandon Bolden follows Kettani thru a hole created by Nick McDonald and Edelman. Kyle Love occupying space  While a SD cast-off Qb surveys the field .
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro

regarding below.my coments in line with text:

"   I was lucky enough to be able to attend today .

Couple two -three observations :

Replacement Refs workin' the scrimmage were spotty and BB let them know about it on more than a few occasions....LOUDLY .

Chandler Jones looks physically huge out there , but to be honest I didn't see anything that made me go WOW . His first step is quick ( especially for such a big guy ) but to me , Mark Anderson was noticeably quicker .

might be saving his best moves for pats practices and real games (dotn wanna show em everything you got)

Kyle Love continues to improve ( and grow his belly )

nice about the improvement. re belly, if it helps him have more girth (like  summo or wilfork), all the better. its all in how you use it.

Jerome Cunningham looked like... Jerome Cunningham ... unfortunately.
    ( saw Ron Brace giving him instruction on the sidelines...yah THAT Ron Brace )

thats about what i expected despite one day of "oh my g-d cunningham blew it up today", in practice. dont think he will ever be much.if we had QUALITY depth there he should be gone.

Dowling didnt get hurt.

love it :)

New safety Gregory looked to be in good position all day ( even snagged an INT )

sounds like hes been sound all practices. if he can be in position and make plays(and stays healthy) we will be greatly improved.

Kyle Arrington put our Cbs penchant for being in position to make plays ( w/o actually makin them ) on display once again....Brees may have had something to do with it ( I heard he's a pretty good )

dont know how long ive been saying it  kid can make the tackles but cannot defend passes (this means, "make sure the receiver doesnt catch the ball").

OFFENSIVELY :

For me , Brandon Lloyd was the most commanding wide-out of the day on both squads & when you factor in the Saints crew - that's saying something
    ( Saints rookie wr #14
    Tanner looks like he belongs)

llloyd and gafney have to be good for us so defenses will not be able to cheet close and middle. re tanner, lookedlike it, but was that because he faced the pats secondary?

Welker looks not only quick - but fast
    ( easily gained separation on deeper routes ) 
    IMO ... Ladies and gentlemen this guy is worth every penny  , hustled on EVERY snap  - even when it was a running play the other way.
    PRO's PRO .

i dotn think we have the space next year to keep everyone AND give him 12 mil

Not sure if Branch is hurtin' or what but he was invisible ... odd man out ?
    ( I hope not )

i think the smartest move would be to save him for last 4 games of season and playoffs

Ebert looked serviceable  , reminded me of Edelman when he was a rook .

hope he has better hands than edelman

Gaffney looked like it was 2007 again ... LOOK OUT !

that and the lloyd report are what i wanted to hear about our recivers (and been what ive been hearing this offseason)

I 'd heard good things about Stalworth but he appeared a step behind the whole day both with his wheels and head.

he seems to be flustered easily. could be the difference between practice and real competition. not a good sign (if so, emotions playing too much a part of his concentration or lack therof).

Brady gave him a few "friendly" chats after a couple in-completions ...not unlike when Chad was here ( ut oh)
      Off day or Odd-man out candidate # 2 ? 

SLATOR caught his yearly ball .

Rook Rb Brandon Bolden has impressive bulk and looks like he's the real deal.

( Saints Rbs may end being leagues most versatile /  best  )

Hernandez = BEAST

what ive been hearing too, thusmy hern thread. we missed the boat on the extension. had teh money to do it.

( I dont play Fantasy Football  -but I suggest those that do bypass an early selection of Gronk and take #81 mid round )
      AH made a circus catch on 1 on 1 's that's one of the best catches I've ever seen.
      It was a 60 yard bomb down the left side that he hauled in with his outstretched left hand under tight coverage ( when Brady initially launched - it appeared that there was no way AH would even get a hand on it )
    MOSS-Esque !

thats waht i want to hear!

WAYYY to much Bon Jovi blarin' on the loudspeakers to start practice ( remarked to my bro it was the worst thing about playing for BB )

agree

Later on Ms. Jersey showed up preenin' on the sideline ... he better be reincarnated as a frigginnn' monkey anuss in his next life or there's no God .

IMO  , despite the dire reports of the Pats O suckin' ...

I honestly saw this scrimmage in a mostly positive light ."

glad to hear this.

thanks much for this.
    you da man captn!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wow, thanks man. Good shttt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Awesome! I'd much rather read stuff from a forum member than most of these reporters that go down there to be honest. Nice job.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Good stuff Capt.

Honestly with a core of Gaffney, Welker, and Lloyd you can almost plug in any WR into the #4 spot and be good. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if the only run with 5 WR's this year under the notion that they carry 4 TE's and use Hern in a WR role situationally.

Hern as the #2/3 TE, #5/6 HB, #4 WR is most likely better then Branch or Stallworth anyways

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Awesome stuff CaptFox!  Thank you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MacaroniFan. Show MacaroniFan's posts

Ok, time to quit your day job and start writing articles for the Patriots. The best info I have read this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I consider these kinds of threads a gift to the forum from folks like the good Captn - thank you, seriously.  Your observations are helpful and fun to read and the pics are great.  Again, thanks.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

In Response to PATS / SAINTS Scrimmage - 1st Hand Obervations:
        I was lucky enough to be able to attend today . Couple two -three observations : Replacement Refs workin' the scrimmage were spotty and BB let them know about it on more than a few occasions....LOUDLY . Chandler Jones looks physically huge out there , but to be honest I didn't see anything that made me go WOW . His first step is quick ( especially for such a big guy ) but to me , Mark Anderson was noticeably quicker . Kyle Love continues to improve ( and grow his belly )  Jerome Cunningham looked like... Jerome Cunningham ... unfortunately. ( saw Ron Brace giving him instruction on the sidelines...yah THAT Ron Brace )  Dowling didnt get hurt.  New safety Gregory looked to be in good position all day ( even snagged an INT )   Kyle Arrington put our Cbs penchant for being in position to make plays ( w/o actually makin them ) on display once again....Brees may have had something to do with it ( I heard he's a pretty good ) OFFENSIVELY : For me , Brandon Lloyd was the most commanding wide-out of the day on both squads & when you factor in the Saints crew - that's saying something ( Saints rookie wr #14 Tanner looks like he belongs)    Welker looks not only quick - but fast ( easily gained separation on deeper routes )  IMO ... Ladies and gentlemen this guy is worth every penny  , hustled on EVERY snap  - even when it was a running play the other way. PRO's PRO . Not sure if Branch is hurtin' or what but he was invisible ... odd man out ? ( I hope not ) Ebert looked serviceable  , reminded me of Edelman when he was a rook . Gaffney looked like it was 2007 again ... LOOK OUT !  I 'd heard good things about Stalworth but he appeared a step behind the whole day both with his wheels and head.  Brady gave him a few "friendly" chats after a couple in-completions ...not unlike when Chad was here ( ut oh)   Off day or Odd-man out candidate # 2 ?  SLATOR caught his yearly ball . Rook Rb Brandon Bolden has impressive bulk and looks like he's the real deal. ( Saints Rbs may end being leagues most versatile /  best  ) Hernandez = BEAST ( I dont play Fantasy Football  -but I suggest those that do bypass an early selection of Gronk and take #81 mid round )   AH made a circus catch on 1 on 1 's that's one of the best catches I've ever seen.   It was a 60 yard bomb down the left side that he hauled in with his outstretched left hand under tight coverage ( when Brady initially launched - it appeared that there was no way AH would even get a hand on it ) MOSS-Esque !  WAYYY to much Bon Jovi blarin' on the loudspeakers to start practice ( remarked to my bro it was the worst thing about playing for BB )   Later on Ms. Jersey showed up preenin' on the sideline ... he better be reincarnated as a frigginnn' monkey anuss in his next life or there's no God .  IMO  , despite the dire reports of the Pats O suckin' ...  I honestly saw this scrimmage in a mostly positive light . HERES A FEW PIX I TOOK : ( NOTE : BDC badly clips em after download -so some are oddly cropped )   Pats starting receiving corp. ... Impressive.  Bon Jovi (sideline-white shirt /jeans) + hunky boyfriend = Super Impressive Belichick ...not a big zebra fan . Note : BB's kids to left and Cesario to right (All of which gave BB a wide birth when he got the ref up to speed on the NFL rulebook )  Qb in the pocket ( 6th rounder who's name escapes me )   Brandon Bolden follows Kettani thru a hole created by Nick McDonald and Edelman. Kyle Love occupying space  While a SD cast-off Qb surveys the field .
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro

Great job thanks for the update maybe the Pats should hire you as a scout great job once again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

CaptnFoxboro..Nice summarization and great pics!! Thanks for posting.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

Great stuff, thanks for posting!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Good stuff. MUCH appreciated..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: PATS / SAINTS Scrimmage - 1st Hand Obervations:
    In Response to Re: PATS / SAINTS Scrimmage - 1st Hand Obervations : Arrington has an issue with straight back coverages, just like any small CB. Basically, he's much more effective laterally in the slot, which is where I bet he ends up. BB tried it last year, but Dowling went down in Week 2. But, no one should be complaining about Arrington. He's overachieved for 2 years here. Get him into a slot role and watch an flaws of his become minimized.
    Posted by CliffordWasHere

it does seem like they have him playing starting slot in this offseason and doing well. we'll see how he does in season

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: PATS / SAINTS Scrimmage - 1st Hand Obervations:
    I stole this from a PatsEng post, Massachusetts Boston, Mass. WBZ-TV Ch. 4 Springfield, Mass. WWLP-TV Ch. 22 Rhode Island Providence, R.I. WNAC-TV Ch. 64 New Hampshire Manchester, N.H. WMUR-TV Ch. 9 Maine Portland, Maine WMTW-TV Ch. 8 Bangor, Maine WVII-TV Ch. 7 Connecticut Hartford, Conn. WCTX-TV Ch. 59 Vermont Burlington, Vt. WVNY-TV Ch.22 Hawaii Honolulu, Hawaii KFVE-TV Ch.5
    Posted by digger0862

ca.?
    :)

time please?
    havent looked for it

Sections
Shortcuts